Profile for Gregory L. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gregory L. "l0829" RSS Feed (Horseheads, NY United States)

Simoniz S57 Perfect Finish Detailing Clay Bar
Simoniz S57 Perfect Finish Detailing Clay Bar
Price: $8.92
3 used & new from $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice clay bar, November 22, 2013
great product to remove what car washes can't . could be a touch softer but it works well and cheaper than buying a kit

Invincible Pole Fighter
Invincible Pole Fighter
DVD ~ Chen-Peng Chang
7 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Shaw Bros. Movie, March 2, 2002
This review is from: Invincible Pole Fighter (DVD)
What can I say? I'm a fool thinking that I was a true fan of the old school Venom/Shaw Bros. movies without ever even seeing The Invincible Pole Fighters, until today. The Invincible Pole Fighters is hands down the definitive Shaw Bros. Kung Fu Flick. I thought the Master Killer was Gordon Liu's best movie, until today. This movie has awesome action, a cool plot, the late Fu Sheng, Gordon Liu, and a cameo by the Kung Fu King himself Liu Chia Liang(director)! Kudos to Venom Mob Films for bring this rare flick out to the public and for noting on the packaging that it's a video transfer. Ground-Zero films should take lessons from the Venom Mob. Hey any chance of this flick being released remastered and uncut?

Sleeping Fist
Sleeping Fist
DVD ~ Leung Kar Yan
26 used & new from $2.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Classic Old School Kung Fu with the great Leung Kar Yan, January 6, 2002
This review is from: Sleeping Fist (DVD)
First off my rating is for the Wu Tang Clan DVD not the actual movie. A truly rare and classic find. Excellent fight scenes and your usual training for revenge plot. One of my personal favorites. I'm being bias because I love most of Leung Kar Yan's work. My only complaint is not with the movie but with Ground Zero/Wu-Tang Clan. The picture quality is equivalent to an old video tape(and this is DVD?). The makers must of had an old bootleg copy and transferred it to DVD without any remastering. I'm afraid to buy anymore "Wu-Tang Clan" brand DVD's because the quality of this one, frankly, sucks. Unfortunately, for me, I have to settle for this because this is the only commercially available DVD of this great classic.

Blade of Fury
Blade of Fury
DVD ~ Collin Chou
6 used & new from $79.85

5.0 out of 5 stars True Martial Arts Classic!, October 28, 2001
This review is from: Blade of Fury (DVD)
A masterpeice from Sammo Hung. Awesome fight scenes! Martial Arts master(who is that guy?) comes out of hiding to team up with Ti Lung and fight against corruption within the Chinese government. Both are betrayed and Ti Lung is captured. What follows is truely edge of your seat action that only Yuen Wu Ping, Jackie Chan, John Woo or Tsui Hark can match.

A Man Called Hero: Special Cut
A Man Called Hero: Special Cut
DVD ~ Qi Shu
Offered by DealCatcher2014
Price: $15.44
18 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, October 28, 2001
After seeing Storm Riders for the first time. I wasn't very anxious to see "Man called Hero". Storm Riders was good mind you,
but seeing it on VHS and dubbed made it unappealing. After seeing a man called Hero on DVD, I was definitely surprised how good it was, the special effects was cutting edge (for Hong Kong movies) and it literally kept me on the edge of my seat. Ekin Cheng does an excellent job as Hero Hua. The movie left some questions unanswered. But what the hell, it was extremely entertaining.