Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Fan > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Fan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Fan "Gail" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Outsunny Aluminum Camping Folding Camp Table with Carrying Handle, 23.5-Inch x 17.5-Inch
Offered by Aosom Direct
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $29.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as a portable desk for writers and people who work on vacation, February 29, 2016
I purchased the 23 1/2"L x 17 1/2"W camp table as a portable desk for when I'm holed up in a cabin and want to do some writing or laptop work. The table has two heights: 19" and 25 3/4". The latter height is perfect for typing on a keyboard. At six pounds, the table is very lightweight and can easily be moved around to an ideal spot - say a shady spot on the back porch of a cabin in the mountains. The legs completely fold under the table, so it is compact for packing. The table is small enough to fit almost anywhere, yet large enough to hold a laptop, papers, and your choice of beverage. The table top has a small amount of flex to it; however, the two brackets underneath give it the support it needs. It is not designed to support super heavy items or very hot items, but an insulated cup of coffee would be okay. The design of this camp table balances the need for being sturdy with the need for being lightweight and inexpensive. It is a happy balance for me, but for other uses it may not be the perfect fit.

The legs are braced, making the table sturdy enough to lean on while working. The problem area (which other reviewers have noted) is figuring out how one person can extend the table legs. The legs have holes with pop-out metal buttons that locks in the height - similar to adjusting heights on metal crutches, rollators, shower seats, etc. To extend one set of legs you need two hands to simultaneously push in the metal buttons on each table leg. That doesn't leave you with much to then pull out the legs as you continue to press in the metal buttons. I tried a variety of approaches (unsuccessfully) until I found the one that worked for me. I sit on the floor with the table upside down on the floor, having the two legs I'm extending facing me. I press the two buttons in and then lean back at a 45 degree angle and with my right foot, I press against the bar the goes across the bottom of the legs. The legs extend very easily this way until the buttons pop out the next set of holes. No problem once you know the trick!

O2Cool Deluxe Misting Fan, Transparent Light Blue
O2Cool Deluxe Misting Fan, Transparent Light Blue
Price: $13.75
6 used & new from $13.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool off fast and gain popularity at the same time, February 26, 2016
I took this with me on a summer trip to the southern countries in Europe. To prevent the blades from bending during travel, I put it in a shoe box and carefully packed my socks/clothes around it. Many days were between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, as the sun beat down on us. This unit was perfect for cooling me off quickly. Whenever I needed, I could turn on the fan and feel the air on my face. To cool off faster, I just squeezed the lever to get a quick shot of cool mist, and then would run the fan on my freshly moistened face. The spray was just the right amount. It didn't soak me or ruin my makeup. I was in high demand from other tourists in our group, and many asked where they could buy one. I sprayed my face often as well as a fair amount of bald men's heads. The batteries lasted throughout my trip, though I only ran it for minutes at a time.

Premium Quality Plastic All-Purpose Makeup Brush and Accessory Holder
Premium Quality Plastic All-Purpose Makeup Brush and Accessory Holder
Offered by U.S. Acrylic, LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for holding glasses, February 26, 2016
An inexpensive way to store your glasses. Put on the bathroom counter for when you take out your contacts at night and switch over to glasses. Buy multiples and put them on your bed stand and on end tables so that a pair of reading glasses are always handy.

Joan Rivers Great Hair Day® fill-in powder Blonde
Joan Rivers Great Hair Day® fill-in powder Blonde
Offered by Miles Kimball Company
Price: $31.00
5 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for thinning hair, September 19, 2015
Do use the Blonde for brunette hair color. I've used this product for years and it makes all the difference in the world. You don't have to be self conscious about thinning hair when you use this! To apply, it's best to pull hair back or make parts to expose the scalp. Use a small back and forth stroke with your brush until the powder adheres to the scalp, then style your hair as desired. The powder fills everything in nicely and your eye just sees a natural, full head of hair.

URPOWER Selfie Stick One-piece Monopod with Built-in Bluetooth Remote for iPhone 6 Plus, 6S, 5S, Samsung S6 Edge, S6, Note 5 - Black
Offered by COCO-VISION

1.0 out of 5 stars No good., September 19, 2015
Works inconsistently. It's hard to get it to turn on. I can turn it on when it's plugged in and then unplug and it stays on, but when out and about pressing and holding the on button as recommended doesn't work very well, even after fully charging the battery. I took it on a vacation and ended up using my cell phone timer, as trying to get it to turn on was so troublesome. Once on, it wasn't too hard getting it to pair with my phone. On vacation I saw lots of other people with wired selfie sticks and concluded that, in this case, less technology was the superior solution, as it works when you need it, doesn't require charging, doesn't drain your cell phone battery by using bluetooth, etc.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2015 7:13 PM PDT

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen® [Tough Armor] KICK-STAND [Champagne Gold] Heavy Duty Dual Layer EXTREME Protective Kick-Stand Case for iPhone 6 Plus (2014) - Champagne Gold (SGP10916)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $22.99
26 used & new from $7.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish with the right amount of protection, March 1, 2015
You can find less expensive cases, but this case does its job and looks good too. I bought the Champagne Gold color which perfectly matches the color of my iPhone. I wanted an extra layer of support to avoid the earlier hyped iPhone bending issues. This case fits like a glove and is lightweight, preserving the look and feel of the iPhone itself. However, it provides the extra support you need. The case is rigid enough and strong, yet you can pop the iPhone out without much effort. Pressing the buttons through the case buttons works fine. The case has a little bit of black rubber around the edges that makes it easier to grip. However, the rubber is so smooth and does not fully cover the edges, hence I expect other cases do a better job here. I accidentally dropped it once about 3 feet onto my hardwood floor - face down - when it fell out of a sweater pocket as I took a step. The case juts out ever so slightly around the front of the phone providing a bumper. It was just enough to protect the screen from the drop. All was good and I was very happy. I never use the kickstand. It works for me, but it does seem cheap.

PhoneProp - Universal Fit Soft Flexible SmartPhone Stand - Durable FDA High Grade Silicone - Color Black
Offered by GadgetStands
Price: $16.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive resting place that even supports the iPhone 6 Plus, March 1, 2015
This little unit does what it was made to do. I bought it for my iPhone 6 Plus. I was concerned that the backrest might not be tall enough to provide good stability. If it was designed specifically for this phone, I'd expect the backrest to be taller, but I've never felt that it wasn't secure and would fall out. I use this mostly as a docking station/resting place for my iPhone. I like that the unit is soft and flexible, small and portable. It is better than laying my phone down on a desk or table. It is an inexpensive way to give the phone a home and a place to recharge, which also makes it easier to find. Though I can use the phone while it is on the PhoneProp, if I push too hard the bottom lifts up a little, especially in the vertical position. My preference is generally to pick up the phone when I use it.

Zippy Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper with Glass Lid, 5-1/2 Quart Capacity, Stainless Steel
Offered by MT BAKER MERCANTILE
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $65.32

5.0 out of 5 stars All the reviews are true, but it is still the perfect stovetop popper, March 1, 2015
I read so many reviews before buying the Pop and Roast Stainless Steel Stovetop Popcorn Popper. I went with the stainless steal vs. aluminum due to health concerns. Some of the reviews scared me: the paddles were so high that they didn't move the kernels at the bottom of the pan; the paddles didn't extend out far enough to get to the popcorn at the edges; you need three hands to twist the crank, hold the pot, and put in the flavorings; the lid steams up so you can't really see what is happening all that well, etc. These are all true statements, but surprisingly, it doesn't matter. The fact is that this unit makes perfect popcorn every time with very little unpopped kernels. The flavor far surpasses microwave popcorn, and the unit is versatile. So far I've made traditional popcorn (many times) and kettle corn (very good but I prefer traditional). I start by putting in 2 heaping tablespoons of organic coconut oil into the pan and turn my gas stove to medium-high heat. When the oil melts, I sprinkle in 1/3 cup of organic popcorn from Trader Joe's. As soon as the first couple of corns pop, I start turning the handle. When the popping slows down considerably, I turn off the heat, but keep turning the crank, as the instructions tell you to do. I take my hands off for just a few seconds and toss in a tablespoon of butter via the flavor hole and then turn the crank a few more times to get the butter to mix in thoroughly. The butter immediately melts into the popcorn. Then I lift the pan up, take off the lid and dump the whole thing into a big bowl that is already positioned next to the stove. Finally, I take the sea salt grinder and grind in a few twists of salt and mix it in by hand. The whole process including cleaning the pan takes less than 15 minutes. The popcorn is perfect! The pan is big enough that you probably could use 1/2 cup of popcorn, as I see from the reviews that others have done this successfully, even though the instructions recommend 1/3 cup. I imagine in that situation that turning the crank would become a little harder, possibly due to the second set of paddles that are stationary. My guess is that you will be very pleased with this purchase and will find that you eat more popcorn than ever.

Sure Fit Stretch Pique Dinning Room Chair Slipcover, Green
Sure Fit Stretch Pique Dinning Room Chair Slipcover, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Make your old chairs new again, November 30, 2013
I made the mistake of buying off white colored fabric chairs that are now full of smudges. They looked terrible, but the chairs themselves were in great condition. I researched getting custom upholstery, but the cost was hundreds of dollars per chair. Boy, was I happy to find these. If you like what you see in the picture, then you will like these slip covers. I've had mine for over a year now and they still look as you see in this photo - no wear and no smudge marks! My chairs have a padded back and seat. You need to stretch the fabric and play around a little to get it to look smooth and centered, but then you are done. It isn't perfect, but the alternative is not really an option. I love the muted green color. They match my decor and look fantastic during the winter holiday.

Gator Cases GKPE-88-TSA 88 Note Keyboard Case with wheels TSA Latches
Gator Cases GKPE-88-TSA 88 Note Keyboard Case with wheels TSA Latches
Offered by Music123
Price: $399.99
11 used & new from $387.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case except for the handles!, November 30, 2013
The good news is that this keyboard case will fit my monster Yamaha s90xs keyboard, which is larger than most keyboards with 88 keys. It is a solid case with good padding and protection for most travel needs. It is designed with TSA latches for checking it on an airplane; though, I cannot evaluate its ruggedness for that type of use. However, the two handles on the ends are not of professional, industrial quality needed for lifting and carrying a 50+ pound keyboard. On the new case I bought, one handle was already angled beyond where it should naturally stop and was on the verge of breaking. Once broken, the handle would go all the way up and my knuckles would be smashed against the case. I did not wait for this to happen and returned it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3