Profile for Solexa423 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 85

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Solexa423 "Rachel W" RSS Feed (Southern California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Foxy: Last Resort
Foxy: Last Resort
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute Read, but too short for the price., October 1, 2012
This review is from: Foxy: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
I'm only giving this book three stars for the sheer fact that for the length of the book a mere 350 pages, $2.99 is an outrageous price to pay.

There are always hit and misses when purchasing books, and while I thought the premise of the book was entertaining enough to purchase (Gorgeous man, loves beautiful Curvy woman), the author barely scratched the surface... or the readers itch before it was over and your left thinking "that was it"? lol, you can read that any way you want it , the implication is there. :)

For the length of the book it should have been 99 cents, there are many ebooks I've read over the course of the last year that are longer in length at 99 cents, and much meatier in substance.

Kudo's to the author for writing a story about BBW women, I just wish you could have given us more story, because while I was defintely entertained I just needed a little more to reel me in.

Pro's about Book: BBW Heroine, Humor, Romance, Steam
Con's about book: Length, Price, and Substance

Sin City Tryst
Sin City Tryst
Price: $2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hero Who Knows What He Wants..., September 20, 2012
This review is from: Sin City Tryst (Kindle Edition)
Even if the Heroine refuses to see it.

I enjoy these stories for the escape, I let myself get caught up in the fantasy that a hot Alpha Male with killer abs and a gruff voice, that's gentle yet forceful, and has his eyes soley on the prize, his curvy heroine.

The odds of that happening in real life are slim... but hell, that's why we have these books aren't they, so we can believe in those moments that we are that heroine and we get our hero.

This books starts out with our heroine Sarah in Vegas celebrating Angie's pending marriage to Sean,as not only her best friend,but her maid of honor, she is in charge of the weekends bachelorette events.

From the start we know that while Sarah accepts her body as it is, she has a hard time believing anyone else will, as she's been riducled all her life, and hasn't had a relationship with a man that didn't spell disappointment in or out of the bedroom. Sarah puts the brunt of the blame on herself, choosing to believe the things that have been said to her.

As I've said in previous reviews, as a curvy woman myself, I enjoy the authors realism, I mean really who hasn't had these moments in real life? She was able to capture the feelings of the heroine and transpose them on the reader.

When Sean shows up at the bachelorette party, Sarah instanstly sees his best friend and best man Ethan, the object of her deepest fantasies... Sarah and Ethan are friends, but the more her feelings have grown the more she shies away, she just can't handle the thought of rejection if he knew how she felt about him.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Ethan who is totally enamored with the elusive Sarah, he can't seem to catch a break and he's hoping this trip might change things. Only time will tell.

Will Sarah's insecurties stall out her chance for a hot time in sin city or will she finally capture the moment and enjoy a sexy tryst with the object of her desire?

You'll have to read the story to find out... loved it!

A Sticky Situation (Xcite Romance Book 10)
A Sticky Situation (Xcite Romance Book 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Office Romance with Curves, August 7, 2012
Going into this book I knew that it was a short sexy romp about a woman who on the service loathes her new boss and finds out that she's going to be stuck working with him on a project that takes them away from home.

Sally's a klutz, actually from what it sounds like she's a royal mess when it comes to food...always seems to be dropping, spilling, or splashing someone with either food or liquid, ink or something that stains.

What Sally would love nothing more to do, is douse her arrogant boss Cameron James with a bucket of water... she loathes him, her usual upbeat and pleasant demeanor is always lost when Cameron approaches her, he sets her on edge. On the surface she may not like her boss... but her subconcious has other things in mind.

Cameron doesn't understand how his boss Graham has so much faith in Sally, everytime Cameron spots her she's dropping something, running into a doorframes, or spilling food onto her fabulous cleavage... in fact Cameron can't stop thinking about Sally and her curves, but he's not about to let her know that. Once Cameron gets to work with Sally, he sees she's great at what she does, but no matter what he says, she always takes it out of context and even when he tries to apologize he gets it wrong.

Sally at a point in the book started to become irrational as a character, but I felt the writer was trying to reflect the characters insecurites through her actions, she didn't want to be attracted to Cameron, yet she couldn't stop thinking about him, unfortunately because this was a short story that part of Sally's personality wasn't really fleshed out.

Cute little read, for 99 cents I couldn't pass it up.

The Lawson Boys: Alex
The Lawson Boys: Alex
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Angela Does it Again!, August 6, 2012
The hero of Alex is now at the top of my list of favorite leading men in books.

Alex has learned has learned a secret about his past and the only person that has those answers is Harly, this secret comes at a time where he's battling loss this leads him back to the small town he used visit in the summers 16 years ago.

Once he comes home he finds Harly is now a woman, a woman who is content to live her life alone and is avoiding Alex at all costs... will he be able to get her open up?

Alex was a military man on leave, he comes home to see his best childhood friend Paul, he's a man with heart, humor, and compassion.

Harly is content to live her life alone, but not really, inside she's still the shy girl that Alex knew all those years ago. She has chosen to live alone in fear of being rejected and battles her own self doubts when romance appears on the horizon.

I enjoyed this story, because it felt real, as if this could very well happen in real life and the heat that generated off the pages when the hero and heroine came together was papable.

Wonderful read, Angela you've done it again!

Dangerous Deception
Dangerous Deception
Price: $2.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Holy Heatwave!, August 5, 2012
What a scorcher! Lord, I thought we were going through a heatwave in Southern California this weekend... but I nearly melted off my chair after reading this book.

I initially bought this book because I enjoy the cat and mouse chase, when man goes after the heroine in denial and this one did not fail to deliver.

Sage Miller had a week long tryst with Trent Takoda and it was supposed to only be a one night stand, but she had a hard time resisting Trent's capable hands... leaving him that fateful day had been harder than expected but necessary.

Months later she is face to face with her one time lover and he's not taking no for an answer, she tries avoiding him, but Trent hasn't forgotten Sage, from the moment he met her he staked him claim and now that he's found her, she his forever.

Sage is running from something traumatic that happened in her past, and someone is out there looking to settle it once and for all, will the past catch up to her, or will Trent be the person that saves the day?

Cupcake
Cupcake

4.0 out of 5 stars Never Judge a Book By It's Cover, August 5, 2012
This review is from: Cupcake (Kindle Edition)
I have a tendency to put off reading certain books when I view the cover... I did it with RL Mathewson's Perfection and Playing for Keeps and I should have learned by now "not to judge a book by it's cover".

This story is told through the heroine Darcy's eyes, she begins with her inability to lose weight and the struggles she's been through her entire life as a plus size woman, the insecurities, the taunting from her peers, and her own belief that she doesn't deserve anything better.

When Darcy initially spots her new neighbor she mistakes him for a mover, she and her sister ogle him from her bakery shop window and she doesn't think twice about it, until she finds herself in a precarious position in her shop and he's the one that finds her.

Thorne introduces himself, and from that point on he quietly pursues Darcy without being obvious, he flirts, he defends, and he's a gentleman.

Darcy is a bit of a Klutz, her nerves get the best of her, and you will find yourself chuckling in the least likely places... the romance between Thorne and Darcy is slow, and sweet.

This isn't a hot and heavy romantic read, this is a journey into a woman's life that has to choose to believe in the love of a man, or let old wounds and insecurities steal the happiness she's just began to feel.

Spurs and Heels [Divine Creek Ranch 5] [The Heather Rainier Collection] (Siren Publishing Everlasting Classic) (The Divine Creek Ranch)
Price: $6.15

4.0 out of 5 stars MuttonChops never looked so attractive..., August 4, 2012
This isn't your typical Heather Rainier menage romance,this story focuses on the romance between Juliana and Ash.

I have to admit after reading this book, while I enjoyed the story it isn't the strongest of the Divine Ranch series.

I adored the hero Ash from the get go, he was so in love with the heroine and Heather was sucessful in writing his adoration without making him appear weak, the character had Alpha like tendencies but he wasn't ruled by them.

It was a bit of a stretch that the two of them were instantly smitten with each other, but this is fantasy, so I rolled along with the plot point and because Ash was just so darn cowboy like, I didn't have a hard time falling in love with him.

Juliana being the classic "redheaded" heroine had a short temper upon meeting Ash, and she didn't even understand why she was behaving this way, and to be quite honest with you, I didn't know why either, until later in the book and even then I shook my head. Of all the heroines in the Divine ranch series, Juliana is my least favorite.

I gave this book four stars because Heather writes great heroes and romance in general and while the plot was a bit weak, I still couldn't help but get behind the couple and want their shot at Happily Ever After.

Cowboy Blues
Cowboy Blues
Price: $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Chasing Those Blues Away!, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Cowboy Blues (Kindle Edition)
This is a sweet romance between Rebecca and Spencer, who have been meeting up ever 4th of July for one night of friendship and passion for the last 5 years. It takes a life changing accident to shake these two up, one will learn to follow their dreams, and the other will have to decide if living for the moment and not worrying about the consequences is the right direction they need to be taking.

I enjoyed this book, as we knew the heroine was curvy but the writer did not dwell on it, and the hero Spencer never even mentioned Rebecca's body except to tell her she was beautiful.

Love scenes are mild compared to some of the novels I've read lately,yet still captured the chemistry and heat between the couple,and at the same time helped you to connect to the people Rebecca and Spencer truly were and the evolving emotions that were beginning to grow between the two of them.

I have to give the writer kudos, as I believe she wove the story along so that the reader fell in love with Rebecca and Spencer as much as they fell for each other

Lycan Lover
Lycan Lover
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sizzle Fizzled For this reader, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Lycan Lover (Kindle Edition)
This is a short story about a human woman named Karen who's unlucky in love and whose been dreaming of green eyed passionate lover for months, after her friends talk her into donning an costume and joining them at a Halloween party, she will either come face to face with her dream lover, or will be faced with the worst nightmare of her life.

This story-line had potential but I felt that the writing was choppy and the events taking place were slapped together in a rush, the dialogue between the hero and heroine was on the cusp of being trite and the male hero talked more like a teenage girl than any Alpha male I've heard.

While the initial meeting of Karen and her Dream Man Anthony had tinges of heat, for this reader the lack of story flow and choppy dialogue caused any spark to die out at an extremely slow pace.

Curves For The Cop (BBW And Police Officer Sex)
Curves For The Cop (BBW And Police Officer Sex)

1.0 out of 5 stars Curves sometimes aren't enough..., July 26, 2012
How do I say this nicely...Maybe there isn't away, so I'll be blunt... the way this 180 page story read, it was like someone was just throwing sentences together... there was no actual storyline, and the sex scene, sounded like something put together on the fly, no passion, no heat, not even a sizzle if you ask me.

Just goes to show that just because it's a curve friendly story, doesn't mean it's going to be a good story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9