Profile for Philip Wojcikiewicz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Philip Wojcikiewicz RSS Feed (Darien, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Coleman 40 Percent DEET Insect Repellent Twin Pack, 40%, 6 Ounce Aerosol
Coleman 40 Percent DEET Insect Repellent Twin Pack, 40%, 6 Ounce Aerosol
Price: $13.99
16 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for a trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe worked great, April 7, 2014
Bought this for my wife and I to use on a 2 week trip we took to South Africa and Zimbabwe. The bugs in South Africa weren't all that bad, so didn't really use it there to be honest. But in Zimbabwe without this stuff on they were really bad there. Using this, though, they were at least held mostly at bay and we were able to enjoy ourselves.

Really glad we got this item for our trip.

My wife has sensitive skin so we were worried about the high DEET content, but it was not an issue for her at all. I would recommend this product to family and friends if asked.

Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right Wireless VM4RW
Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right Wireless VM4RW
Offered by Scharf Industries LLC
Price: $109.95
41 used & new from $74.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helped the pain in my wife's wrist and arm, June 27, 2013
I have not personally used this item it was purchased for my wife. She had been having pains in her wrist and arm and had been trying a bit of everything to try and get it to stop. The pain was not constant and carpal tunnel was ruled out by multiple doctors. We decided to get this mouse for her and try it out, even though it wasn't cheap (we paid $109 here on Amazon).

My wife stated that after the first day of use it was like she was in a different world. The pain she was having was so much less that she finally didn't have problems sleeping and could actually get through a day of work without it bothering her.

She has been using this for about 2-3 weeks now and while there is still some pain in her wrist or arm still it is nothing like in the past with a traditional mouse and she wouldn't give this mouse up for all the money in the world.

I can't comment on anything other than the above as she has not given me feedback on how the mouse moves or works. But she really doesn't do anything but normal daily work with it. She is not a graphic artist or a gamer so I can't comment on how accurate it is or any kind of lag or anything else like that. Overall she said it took a bit of getting used to, but her learning curve was very quick, less than 2 days I would say, to get totally comfortable with this new mouse.

If you have wrist or arm pain and you think it might be related to using a mouse for long hours every day, spend the money and get this if you can, I know it isn't cheap, but it has been so worth the cost to my wife who would not pay 10X more for this mouse again.

Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (15 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, improved picture quality, March 4, 2013
Bought this product after one of my two Tivo units started acting up. It would occasionally have the picture cut in and out and the A/V receiver I had it hooked up too was acting like it was losing the signal from the Tivo itself. I had tried to unseat and reseat the cable on both the Tivo side and the A/V side, and it would help for a short time. Over several months of doing this it kept getting worse to the point I could not hardly watch the Tivo involved without it cutting out about every 1-2 minutes. I decided to get this cable after testing with my other cable and seeing the problem go away.

Since I have hooked up this cable to my "problem" Tivo I have not had a single problem. And the best part is that to both my wife and I the picture actually looks ever better, more crisp and clear compared to before.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes: with an introduction from Robert Ryan
The Complete Sherlock Holmes: with an introduction from Robert Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars New to reading Sherlock Holmes and SACD (Sir Arthur Conana Doyle), March 4, 2013
I have seen many of the newer Sherlock Holmes movies, but had never read any of the actual printed material before by SACD. I was scheduled for a 2 month long back and forth weekly trip for work so I downloaded this since the price was right (Free). I really could not put this down, it is like it was written today, except for some of the references to older history facts. SACD is an amazing writer and I can't wait to finish this book up, I am about half way through it now.

Miele : Somat Special Salt (B1640)
Miele : Somat Special Salt (B1640)
Offered by Reliable Retailer
Price: $12.00
3 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find this product locally in stores near me (Chicagoland area), March 4, 2013
This review is from: Miele : Somat Special Salt (B1640)
During our kitchen remodel that finished just before Christmas 2012 we put in a new Miele dishwasher and it calls for dishwashing salts. I had never heard of that and the place we purchased our appliances from was out of stock on the Miele brand of salts. Unfortunately Miele doesn't even give you a sample to start with so I had to look for this on my own. We received this product and it was as described and has been perfect in our new dishwasher.

Halloween Haunt Lite
Halloween Haunt Lite
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed it doesn't save stats and progress, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Halloween Haunt Lite (App)
disappointed that this version doesn't save any stats or progress. not a bad game but to start over each time stinks.

La Crosse Technology 306-645 Solar Powered Garden Thermometer
La Crosse Technology 306-645 Solar Powered Garden Thermometer
Price: $50.54
19 used & new from $44.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar Powered Garden Thermometer - Not to bad overall., August 17, 2011
I have had this product for several months now. Overall it is pretty good, though not great. The solar panel does an OK job. I have it on my deck facing to the east so it gets a lot of morning sun, but nothing in the afternoon. It will light up for about 2-4 hours at night before it goes off. Which for me is fine, but some people may want it to be longer. I think with more sun it would last longer. I also purchased one of these for my in-laws and theirs does get more sun, but I have not asked them how long it stays on.

One minor negative with this unit is since it is LCD it is rather hard to see in the day in direct sun light from any kind of distance. You can see it, but it is not always easy, but that is not a defect of the product, more of the technology and the environment. At night, when the backlight comes on it is very easy to read and the product really shines so to speak. My in-laws have theirs about 40 feet from a window and at night it is very easy to read the temperature. Mine is only about 6 feet from my window, but sitting back further in my house I can still see it very clearly. The light is very bright, I might try and take a video or photo of it to post if I can to show just how bright it is.

One thing I wish they would have added as a feature would be to place the solar panel in another location and not have it attached to the main unit, that would be a nice addition to this unit.

The post that comes with it for mounting is nice, about 3 feet tall I think and solid. The unit can also cycle between the time and the temp, but I don't have either unit setup to do that. The instructions could have been a little better, but with some common sense I was able to figure things out.

I have noticed that if it rains or I get it wet it does affect the temperature reading, but not for long or by a large amount. I have other outdoor temperature sensors associated with a rain gauge and the two, though in different locations, are usually close to the same temp readings, so it seems this is fairly accurate.

Overall I would buy this unit again, and I would also give it as a gift, but I would keep in mind that it is really not meant for long distance day time viewing. It does excel at night time viewing with the light on.

************* UPDATE (12/02/2011)****************
I am updating this review as I had to return one of the units as it was getting erratic in behavior. It would not turn the light on at night on one of the units, and I could not always duplicate that problem. I had it outside and it was not working, so I brought it in to look at it and the next night it worked while indoors. I thought it might be the rechargeable battery that wasn't getting enough sun, but when it worked the next night indoors with no sun at all I could then not explain it.

I contacted LaCrosse's warranty department and they issued a return number for me. I had to pay to ship it off but they paid for the return shipment. It was not the best experience as I did not get any kind of note or email or feedback as to what they found to be wrong. But that being said they sent an entire new unit to me to replace the defective one. I had the first unit about 6 months before the problem, the warranty on their products is 1 year, so they honored that without any questions.

I still like these units and would still recommend them to be purchased.

PNY Optima 4GB (2x2 GB) DDR2 800 MHz PC2-6400 Desktop DIMM Memory Module Dual Channel Kit - MD4096KD2-800
Price: $48.14
20 used & new from $35.41

2.0 out of 5 stars Only one of my two sticks worked., April 22, 2011
Ordered this as part of a Win XP to Windows & (64-bit) upgrade I was doing. I had a PC that I built through Tiger Direct (CompUSA) and it supports all versions of the DDR2 memory. With WinXP I only had 1 2GB DDR2 stick in the system (Two slots available total). I figured I would just get two matched sticks for my Win 7 upgrade and that would be that.

Each time I put both in at the same time it would crash my computer, if it would even boot. I finally identified the bad stick and with it out the other one worked just fine. I put the new stick in my with old for a total of 4GB that I wanted, they are just not a matched pair.

Since I am not a gamer and only do minor MS Office type of work and web surfing, it will work for me. Just a shame that one stick was bad.

I also ordered this at the same time as a WB 1.5 TB HDD and it too seems to be bad. So, not sure if something happened in shipping (they were in the same shipment/box), or if I just got unlucky.

I would give this another shot for the price if I needed to as the one good chip just was plug and play like it should be.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 6:04 PM PDT

Laplink PC mover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant
Laplink PC mover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, seemed to work, but I still had to do a fresh install of Windoes 7 in the end, April 22, 2011
Well, I bought this product with the hope of just carrying over all my old software and settings from my Win XP SP3 (32-bit) system when I upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit). The process seemed really easy and it did seem to work. I then ran in to one problem where I could not install MS Office 2010, of which I own a full version and had it installed on Win XP prior to my upgrade to Windows 7. It basically kept telling me that I now had an evaluation version and its key was expired. I eventually gave up and just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and re-installed all my programs.

Prior to me doing the fresh install of Windows 7, programs other than MS Office all seemed to carry over and work without any issues that I could find in the short time I was using it. But for me the one main thing I wanted was the ability to migrate over my e-mail, and that didn't happen.

Overall I am torn on this product it did seem to work, but I am not sure if it or something else locked out my ability to re-install MS Office 2010, so I am only giving it three (3) stars.

Do note as stated in other reviews about this product, that it does have quite a few screens during the install that it tries to install other applications and it is pretty persistent about it. Just pay attention to get past them and you should be fine.

I am not sure if I would recommend this to others if they want to do anything with MS Office, but I think I would try it again and recommend it if MS Office was not involved.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack [Old Packaging]
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $149.95
2 used & new from $149.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Install, no problem encountered., April 22, 2011
I was running Windows XP SP3 prior to this "upgrade". They call it an upgrade, but it was a full system init and a re-install of all my software. While this is my preferred method for a new operating system, it would have been nice to have the option to upgrade rather than do a new install.

That being said, the process went smoothly and quickly. From start to finish to get up and running on Windows 7 with SP1 it took about 90 minutes. Now that did not include re-installing my applications, just the basic Windows 7 OS being up and running on my machine.

I have never used MS support in the past, so I had no reservations about buying an OEM product with no MS support.

I would recommend this product to anyone that has installed an OS in the past and does not feel they will ever need to us MS for support.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 9:26 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2