Profile for M. Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Taylor "Melisa Bell taylor" RSS Feed (Charlotte,NC)

Page: 1 | 2
Halex Synergy Electronic Dartboard
Halex Synergy Electronic Dartboard
Price: $53.83

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, May 19, 2014
this product is very flimsy and doesn't function. The Darts will not stay in the board and the scoring does not work effectively. After using as a few minutes I realized it was worthless and returned it.

Ultra Light Sleeping Bag for Summer or Warm-Weather Camping (Blue)
Ultra Light Sleeping Bag for Summer or Warm-Weather Camping (Blue)
Offered by Panda Superstore
Price: $25.68

4.0 out of 5 stars ultralight in a very small package, May 19, 2014
I just received this item, so it is not yet Trail tested. But so far I am impressed. It weighs only a few ounces and folds up into a very small package. The construction seems durable.I think it will be perfect for warm weather backpacking. The material is very thin so I'm not sure I would want to test the 40 degrees lower limit.

Dell Venue 8 16 GB Tablet (Android)
Dell Venue 8 16 GB Tablet (Android)
Price: $149.99
72 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Bang for the Buck, December 7, 2013
I received this tablet a few days ago and was eager to test the new Intel 2.0 Ghz Dual Core Chip. The processor, combined with the 2 Gigs of RAM, provides exceptional speed and performance. I downloaded several benchmark apps (Antutu and 3DMark), and was surprised that this tablet tests out higher than almost any Android tablet on the market now, regardless of price (higher than the new 2013 Google Nexus 7, the Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 2, and much higher than the quad-core Asus TF300 I bought it to replace). It tests almost as highly as my Galaxy S-4 phone, which I love. This is incredible for a sub-$200 tablet. I ran a few high resource utilization programs (FlipBoard and Stumbleupon), and it ran both smoothly with great graphics and no lagging.

Set up was easy. It immediately found my N Network as well as all my neighbors', meaning that the built in Wi-Fi adapter has good range. As soon as I logged into Google, it automatically downloaded 77 apps that I use in just a few moments. The GPS locator works well. The screen display is clear and sharp and the touch controls work well. It doesn't have a retina display, but it's not a $400 tablet.

I admit to being a Dell fan because I have always had good luck with their products and customer support, so I may be a little biased. But I don't think you will find a comparable tablet for less than $200 anywhere.

Alpatronix HX200 Active Wireless In Ear Bluetooth Headphones & Universal Stereo Headset with Built-In Mic for Hands Free Calling - Black
Offered by Alpatronix
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $29.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, October 19, 2013
This product sounds better than other Bluetooth headphones I have used in the past, although they still sound a little flat to me. I guess the sound is pretty close to what you get from wired headphones at the same price. They linked easily and are comfortable for up to 90 minutes or so. The best thing is that the controls work very well. I have an Ipod nano 7, and it is clumsy to skip songs or adjust the volume while I'm running or working out. With this, I can easily push the buttons while running or working out and don't have to have my ipod accessible...I can put it in my pocket.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 11:37 AM PDT

HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System
HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System
Offered by Mogeeks
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth finally works - great sound quality, October 19, 2013
I was skeptical about this product because music played through Bluetooth usually sounds flat to me. With this though, I don't think the sound quality was degraded it all. It sounds just as good as my wired devices, and I am picky about music. it was very easy to install and linked with my Apple and Android devices easily.

GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher
GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher
Price: $119.99
11 used & new from $106.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient little machine...good value, October 19, 2013
I have a large lawn and was able to detach with this machine in just a few hours. There is a learning curve as the instructions on setting the height are not clear. The machine never ran hot even though I was only using a 16 gauge extension cord with 200 feet. I did take off the back kickplate as someone else suggested on here and it was easier to use afterward. The machine cost less than a quote I got from my lawn service to dethatch, so it seemed like a nobrainer. Two problems though:
1) It pulled up so much thatch I had to rake my entire yard afterward. Hard to complain about a product working too well though.
2) I guess dethatching is a good thing overall, but the problem is it stirs up all the dormant weed seed in your yard, and if you are then reseeding and watering and fertilizing, the weeds go nuts and you won't be able to use a weed killer on new grass for 6 weeks or so. Hopefully the weeds will start to die back with the first frost, but they are everywhere now. On the plus side though I had much more grass seed germinate from overseeding than I have ever had without dethatching...remarkably more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 5:49 PM PST

4CH 2.4GHz Mini Radio Single Propeller RC Helicopter Gyro V911 RTF Red & White
4CH 2.4GHz Mini Radio Single Propeller RC Helicopter Gyro V911 RTF Red & White
Offered by BeeShoppers
Price: $37.90
29 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast state-of-the-art helicopter for experienced flyers, January 20, 2013
This product is exactly as advertised. I've owned several RC helicopters, and this one represents a big step forward in almost every way. The engine is faster, the removable rechargeable battery system is much better than the Syma permanent batteries (this one comes with 2 batteries), the controller is better, it has lateral movement, and the materials are surprisingly durable to be so light weight. The only con is that it is really too fast to fly indoors, unless you happen to live in a gymnasium. The engine is powerful enough to fly outdoors even in low wind, but even then you need a large clear space to demonstrate what this thing can do. It is not a beginner model because the speed makes it more difficult to control. It does come with an owner's manual written in broken English (or Chinglish) which is of some but limited help.

So if you are looking for an indoor or first helicopter, buy the Syma S111G for half the price. If you are ready for something faster and have plenty of space, this one is an excellent choice.

Veho VSS-009-360BT M4 Portable Rechargable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Track Control and built in MP3 player
Price: $31.99
21 used & new from $19.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, September 21, 2012
After reading all the glowing reviews on here I expected this speaker to be comparable to some of the more expensive bluetooth speakers. It's not, but I am pretty picky about sound quality. Don't expect it to sound like a $200 speaker. The maximum volume and sound quality are good enough for casual listening or background music, but don't expect it to "fill a room" or "rock a party". It does have a cool form factor and set up is easy. Overall I think it is reasonably priced compared to the competition.

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer
HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer
Offered by Genuine Discounters
Price: $324.89
62 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars with Android ICS download, July 10, 2012
I bought the touchpad almost a year ago and have been well pleased with the hardware. It is fast and smooth and does a great job with most of what you use a tablet for. The available app catalog was lacking but still sufficiently interesting until the past few months, when it started to seem very stale. I considered buying a new tablet, but instead googled websites to install android on the Touchpad. I was skeptical but followed the instructions on one of the websites with some trepidation to install Android 4.0, ice cream sandwich. It works perfectly. ICS runs very smoothly on the Touchpad and I wish I had done this months ago. I now have access to the complete Android apps catalog, including Netflix and all the apps sold on Amazon and still can switch back and forth between the HP apps. I am now happy to say that my Touchpad is a viable competitor to my wife's Ipad, for which she paid $300 more.

Emergency Back Up Portable Charger for iPhone iPod 1900mAh
Emergency Back Up Portable Charger for iPhone iPod 1900mAh

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work..Don't waste your money, March 30, 2012
This product will not charge any Apple product I own. I charged it overnight then tried to use it on an Iphone 4s, an Itouch, an Ipad, and a Nano. None of them responded at all. If you try to return the product they charge you for the shipping and it is a pain in the butt. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 5:04 AM PDT