Profile for Diane Conner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diane Conner RSS Feed (Midwest USA)

Dating Fabrics - A Color Guide: 1800-1960
Dating Fabrics - A Color Guide: 1800-1960
by Eileen Trestain
Price: $19.15
56 used & new from $13.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographs of history, November 29, 2007
This book is a great addition to my historical fabrics/quilt collection. I really appreciate the hardback cover and the spiral binding!! It has
excellent photographs.

The American Quilt: A History of Cloth and Comfort 1750-1950
The American Quilt: A History of Cloth and Comfort 1750-1950
by Mary Elizabeth Johnson
25 used & new from $11.82

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a classic, November 29, 2007
I'm very picky when I purchase books because I want them to be worthy of my time, money, and shelf space. This book fits all of my needs! It contains excellent information about the history & culture of quilts and has fabulous photographs. It's 264 pages have a welcome spot on my shelf.

Facts & Fabrications: Unraveling the History of Quilts & Slavery
Facts & Fabrications: Unraveling the History of Quilts & Slavery
by Barbara Brackman
Price: $20.69
73 used & new from $8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars More Underground Railroad History, November 29, 2007
I've nothing but rave reviews for Barbara Brackman's books - this one is another "keeper". The first hand accounts of the freed slaves are very interesting reading. There are excellent photographs throughout this book and the quilt patterns have me itching to cut up some fabric!

America's Printed Fabrics 1770-1890: 8 Reproduction Quilt Projects: Historic Notes and Photographs; Dating Your Quilts
by Barbara Brackman
Price: $28.45
38 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Barbara B. book, November 29, 2007
This is a very informative quilt history book with fantastic, close-up photos of fabric. This will be a great addition to your Barbara Brackman collection. I had mine laminated and spiral bound!!

The Civil War Diary Quilt: 121 Stories and The Quilt Blocks They Inspired
The Civil War Diary Quilt: 121 Stories and The Quilt Blocks They Inspired
by Rosemary Youngs
32 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Civil War Quilt History from the Women's point of view, November 28, 2007
I collect quilt history books and "The Civil War Diary Quilt" book is an excellent addition to my collection. The diairies are priceless pieces of our nation's history and I feel an emotional attachment to each one of the writers. The title of this book is misleading, however, because the main theme is not a quilt pattern, but the fantastic collection of diaries. Don't get this book if you want patterns - buy it for the wonderful history.