Profile for Natalie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Natalie RSS Feed

Colgate Total Adult Full Head, Soft Toothbrush, Colors Vary
Colgate Total Adult Full Head, Soft Toothbrush, Colors Vary
Offered by 5567co
Price: $9.30
11 used & new from $4.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, November 5, 2013
This is the best toothbrush I have ever owned. The fact that they stopped making them is a crime against humanity.

Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Price: $80.73
122 used & new from $54.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, November 5, 2013
This product works really well. I did give it five stars, but I do have two minor beefs with it.

1) I can't find the cleaning solution anywhere but online, which is inconvenient.

2) It's really top-heavy even without the cord wrapped up near the handle, so it tends to fall over. That can't be good for it.

But overall, I'm very impressed, and as ridiculous as it sounds, this purchased changed my life a little bit.

Peplum Cutout Colorblock Dress, 2X, Black
Peplum Cutout Colorblock Dress, 2X, Black
Offered by PacificPlex

3.0 out of 5 stars What is this: a dress for ants?, November 5, 2013
I gave this three stars just because the dress seemed legit--it came without any holes or tears and looks pretty much like it does in the picture.

My major beef with this dress is that it's made for someone who is incredibly short. I have a very short waist, and the waistline came up almost to my boobs. I'm a tall person, so I wear a larger size. A word to tall people out there: this is one of those sizing methods that assumes people get fatter and not proportionately larger as the size number goes up. You know what I'm talking about.

Bubbles Touch
Bubbles Touch
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars only one complaint, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Bubbles Touch (App)
The game is awesome, but I have serious beef with the small ball that randomly pops up that will end your game if you don't have two balls of the same color connected on the board already. I wouldn't dislike it so much except for the fact that there's no warning and sometimes they come out after the level is over and there aren't any bubbles left to pop. Thus, your game ends for no reason from time to time.

New Balance N4 Heart Rate Monitor, Berry
New Balance N4 Heart Rate Monitor, Berry
2 used & new from $164.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, March 20, 2013
I looked at the very expensive Polar monitors, and I just wasn't interested in spending that kind of money. I got this one, and I love it. As some other reviewers have said, operating the watch is pretty confusing at first, and the manual is poorly written. However, it only took me a couple of uses to figure it out. I highly recommend this product.

Words With Friends
Words With Friends
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Words With Friends (App)
love this game! just like scrabble, only better. plus, you can play with strangers if your friends are like mine and hate scrabble.

Instafire - Instagram Client
Instafire - Instagram Client
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Big Hosing, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Instafire - Instagram Client (App)
If you don't have an instagram account, you can't use this app. Don't throw away $3 like I did. I only gave this one star because Amazon made me. It deserves 0.

The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
by G. Edward Griffin
Price: $19.76
51 used & new from $13.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Get into It, August 14, 2012
A friend recommended this to me because he knows I'm interested in economics as a general subject and that I like to know how things work. However, from the get-go, this book's tone came off less like a textbook and more like a conspiracy theory. The validity of this theory is still in question, and I must admit that I quit reading about 20 pages into it because of the writing style. The author paints a vivid picture of a very secret meeting between the financial giants of the time and then turns around and uses hearsay (and hearsay reported sometimes long after the event itself) to support his assertion that the contents of that meeting can be reliably reported. I've written many an academic piece in my time, and whether the author's conclusions are valid or not, his writing style undermines them before he even explicitly lays them out.

I was completely bewildered until I looked at the back cover to see where this was all going. I didn't find a synopsis as I expected, but I did find that the book reviewers of note are Ron Paul and Willie Nelson, two people who certainly have my respect but are a little too far out there to be completely trusted in their opinions on such a subject.

So, in a nutshell: as exhaustively researched as this book may be, there are things about it that make me skeptical of its conclusions.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2012 4:13 PM PDT

DuffelGear 25 Inch Duffel Bag
DuffelGear 25 Inch Duffel Bag
Offered by Duffelbags
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, June 24, 2012
This bag is really awesome, but beware--it's really big. Great quality, especially considering the price. The color also matches the picture really well (I got the royal blue one).