Profile for LAP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LAP RSS Feed (MO)

Crayola Crayon Maker
Crayola Crayon Maker
Offered by WestBuys7170
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $22.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Disappointment, December 29, 2009
This review is from: Crayola Crayon Maker (Toy)
This was high on our son's Christmas list. After reading other negative reviews I tried to dissuade him. We have melted broken crayons in silcone molds in our oven several times, hearts at Valentine's, etc... but he still wanted this. He was elated to open it on Christmas morning and anxious to try it out. We had purchased the bulb ahead of time so we were prepared. We installed the bulb and followed the directions exactly. We set the timer and watched the crayons melt. We waited and waited and waited. The crayons were completely melted and ready, however the timer was broken (which from reading other reviews in not uncommon), thus we couldn't open the lid. We ended up packing it up and returning it (with our bulb still inside) to a local mass retailer where it had been marked down to $10. We thankfully had our receipt so we got our full purchase price. It did not make up for the diappointment for our son who swore that "it's Crayola so it's got to be good". Hard lesson learned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2010 10:04 AM PST

Wilton Ultimate 3-In-1 Cupcake Caddy and Carrier
Wilton Ultimate 3-In-1 Cupcake Caddy and Carrier
Price: Click here to see our price
53 used & new from $14.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for cakes, worthless for cupcakes, October 31, 2009
I used this to carry cupcakes to my son's Halloween party with disastrous results. I noticed that the rings were not very deep prior to placing the cupcakes in the caddy. However, I wrongly assumed all would be okay. This must have been tested prior to marketing I thought. WRONG!! My cupcakes tipped over before we even made it out of the driveway and the cupcakes I spent an hour decorating were ruined. I have since researched and found that this is a common complaint and the Cupcake Courier is the answer. I will be purchasing one.
If you need a cake carrier this caddy works great.

Superstructs Super Set
Superstructs Super Set
Price: $65.99
18 used & new from $54.11

5.0 out of 5 stars If in doubt, buy the biggest set, April 14, 2007
This review is from: Superstructs Super Set (Toy)
Our 3 year old has had Wedgits and Magneatos and loves those. We debated about which Superstructs set to purchase and went with the largest one which was a wise move. Superstructs were a huge hit. They are holding up well despite rough, daily use. The only improvement I would like to see is in the consruction of the container. After three months it is starting to fall apart. I would have gladly spent a bit more to get a better storage container. Other than that, they are a great toy that fosters hours of imaginative play for the entire family. We will be adding to the set soon.

Pacific Play Tents Find Me Giant 9' Tunnel
Pacific Play Tents Find Me Giant 9' Tunnel
Price: $52.99
16 used & new from $52.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but hard on little knees and hands, October 21, 2005
My little one has enjoyed this since his first birthday. The only downfall is that the wires aren't as padded as I had hoped. He has had bruised knees and sore hands from the pressure of crawling over the wires. I have tried putting a blanket inside to cushion but it seems to always get bunched up in one small area. I would love to see it come out in a version with more padding.