Profile for Bonnie Bauman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bonnie Bauman RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

The Last Bad Job
The Last Bad Job
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Writing!, November 6, 2012
This review is from: The Last Bad Job (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! The writing is witty and fresh! The Last Bad Job is one of those books that you can't put down, and never want to end. Colin Dodds is a brilliant writer and I have enjoyed his other two books, Another Broken Wizard and What Smiled at Him just as much, and am eagerly awaiting Dodds' next offering!!!

If you're looking for a great book to get you through the holidays or to give as a gift to anyone you know who appreciates great storytelling and great writing, The Last Bad Job is a great choice.

Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads: Stop Starving, Start Eating ... Still Get Skinny!
by Christine Avanti
47 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a total winner!, April 21, 2009
What attracted me to this book was that when I read the back cover, it sounded like it wasn't going to tout a gimmicky diet plan, but was going to give me what I wanted: the truth about nutrition and common sense guidance that would help me overcome the bad eating habits I have--the main one being my sugar addiction. I'm happy to report that it delivered all of that and more!

One of the great things about the book is that it's full of up-to-date, well-researched information that completely clears up all of my confusion about carbs, fat, protein, sugar, etc. Finally, after reading it, I feel like I know what's fact and what's fiction. Plus, the advice in the book that I was the most hopeful about--what I needed to do to kick my sugar addiction--totally works! After putting the advice into practice, for the first time in years, I am not jonesing for sugar--I am a sugaraholic, so this is a huge deal. For me, overcoming my sugar cravings is half the battle!

For a variety of reasons, I am now more serious than ever about making changes to achieve the weight, fitness and health levels that are right for me. This book has made me feel like I have all of the information, not to mention the motivation, to be successful. On top of giving me confidence that I can finally kick my sugar addiction, the book has waylaid another fear of mine--that I was going to have to go hungry and deprive myself in order to achieve my goals. The book showed me that I can eat AND lose weight and get fit! Again, I don't want to give too much away, but it's true what the title says, losing weight and becoming healthy isn't about starving, it's about eating. Any fitness/nutrition plan begins with getting into the right frame of mind--so many things about this book--the sugar addiction help, the info about how eating can be a strategy to weight loss, the myth-busing info, etc.--have gotten me into a really great frame of mind--I feel empowered.

I also want to mention that I really enjoyed reading thid book. I didn't feel like I was being preached to or like I was reading a nutrition text book, it was like talking to a trusted friend who has been there, done that, knows what she's talking about and honestly wants me to succeed. Also, I love the meal plans and recipes. I can't wait to hear more from Christine--would love to see her get her own cooking/fitness show!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2011 1:04 PM PDT

Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips
Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips
by Kris Carr
Price: $13.14
262 used & new from $0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC !, August 17, 2007
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips (Paperback)
When I first came across this book, I was intrigued by the title: "What on earth is sexy about cancer?" I wondered. I only had to read a couple of pages to get the answer to my question: the thousands of wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous, loving, caring, brilliant, crazy, sexy women who are diagnosed with cancer every year. Question answered! With this book Ms. Carr is lifting the veil on cancer; and it's high time. So many of us tip toe around the subject of cancer. The irony is that everyone is in some way affected by the disease or will be at some point in their lives. In this book, Ms. Carr, in a delightfully crazy, sexy way shares her own incredible journey while at the same time providing "cancer babes" as she calls them, tips on how to tackle their own diagnosis. The book leaves no stone unturned--there are tips for recovering from the shock of an initial diagnosis, on getting the very best medical care possible, dealing with friends, family, dating and fertility. There's even an informative and interesting chapter on nutrition and exercise. Throughout the book, Ms. Carr tells her story and shares her wisdom and experiences with honesty and laugh-out-loud humor. There's an entire chapter on retail therapy! You've got to read this book for yourselves! No review can do it justice. Read it, and I promise it will leave a smile on your face and create a lightness in your soul that will be impossible to shake. And this book is NOT just for folks dealing with a cancer diagnosis; not by any means. It didn't take me long to realize that it's about so much more than dealing with a cancer diagnosis, it's about facing and overcoming any adversity that life throws at us. But, by all means, if you do know someone who has been diagnosed with cancer, don't hem and haw and be at a loss for words, give them this book!

The Secret of The Secret: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Runaway Bestseller
The Secret of The Secret: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Runaway Bestseller
by Karen Kelly
126 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating Quest for the Truth about "The Secret", August 13, 2007
Like most people in this country, I was intrigued by "The Secret." After reading The Secret and taking note of the publicity that it generated, I was left with many unanswered questions. Mainly I was curious about why "The Secret" had such a huge impact on so many people in this country. Not only did this book answer my questions, it took me on a journey full of suspense and fascinating revelations. I couldn't put it down! One of the best things about the book is that Ms. Kelly tells her tale with complete objectivity. It's obvious that she isn't trying to blow the lid off "The Secret" or in any way defend it. It was refreshing to read such an unbiased and balanced explanation. On top of all that, this book is extremely well written. Ms. Kelly shares her discoveries with intelligence, wit and humor. I recommend this book not only to folks who are interested in "The Secret," but to anyone who is looking for an exceptional read.