Profile for Nylox > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 103

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nylox RSS Feed (Kansas City, MO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder
Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder
Price: $20.99
6 used & new from $15.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, December 17, 2014
I have used these in industry for years. The first time I purchased them was for keeping the teach pendant cords on industrial robots in order and off of the floor. They worked so well for that purpose that I purchased them for home use too. I have a 100' extension cord in my garage that I often string out into the driveway or yard for various purposes. This thing makes delivery and wind up a very quick task. The only down side is that they do take up a bit more space than a "reel" type, but it is much faster and convenient in my opinion.

White Tungsten Carbide 5mm Polished Classic Wedding Ring Band (10)
White Tungsten Carbide 5mm Polished Classic Wedding Ring Band (10)
Offered by MetalsJewelry
Price: $22.95
2 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ring that will NOT scratch. (It doesn't scratch other surfaces easily either :), December 17, 2014
I was skeptical about the looks and durability of this ring, but I have to say that this thing is not only very shiny and classy looking but it does NOT scratch. Not only will this ring not scratch, but it is very unlikely to scratch other surfaces with it's smooth finish. Another benefit of this ring and reason for purchasing a smooth surface ring is that it is much less likely to scratch other things it comes into contact with. My other tungsten carbide ring has a brushed finish and is dull in color. While that other ring is still attractive, it will scratch any painted, leather, or plastic surface that it rubs against. I am very particular about my vehicles so I quit wearing that other ring when I determined a few scratches on my door pillar and wear on my steering wheel were being caused from that "other" ring. Since wearing this ring, I have not seen any scratches appear on anything.

I work with my hands constantly while working on industrial equipment. Although I should remove my ring for safety reasons, I don't always remember to so and I am often reminded that I am wearing a ring when I hear metal parts or tools banging or rubbing on my ring. Every time I look to see if it is scratched I am amazed that it is completely flawless. The last incident involved a large rat tail file that was rubbing on my ring while using it. There wasn't a single scratch on the ring!

Did I mention that it looks good too? Perhaps it may be a little too shiny for some guys, but I really like it and it. It reminds me of chrome on my motorcycles. I get a lot of compliments and many people ask me if it's white gold. They are surprised when I tell them it's white tungsten carbide. A lot of people have no idea what that is. There are other rings that claim to be white tungsten carbide but they have a grey tint to them. This one looks like white gold folks! No grey tint to this one and it looks great. When I hold it against my wife's white gold wedding and engagement rings, it matches except mine doesn't have any scratches and won't have to be re-dipped over time. It cost literally fractions of pennies on the dollar as compared to hers. I would recommend this ring to anyone looking for a band style ring with all of the real life working features a man who is "hands on" would be looking for.

Husky Liners Custom Fit WeatherBeater Molded Front and Second Seat Floor Liner Set for Select Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger Models (Black)
Price: $132.43
71 used & new from $98.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy customer. - Fit 2014 Charger SXT Plus AWD perfectly., December 17, 2014
I am 100% satisfied with this purchase. These floor liners fit my 2014 Charger SXT plus AWD perfectly and they look great. One of the front mats did have a slight crease from the packaging, but that has gone away in only a couple of weeks being in my heated garage. The edges are just high enough that you can tuck them under the trim and it looks like they are molded right into the factory trim. They fit over the factory mats without any issues protecting not only my carpet but the factory mats as well. These are much more economical than the Weathertech brand supplying an entire set for the same price as only the front mats from Weathertech. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Uvex S2450 Tomcat Safety Eyewear, Gunmetal Frame, Clear Hardcoat Lens
Uvex S2450 Tomcat Safety Eyewear, Gunmetal Frame, Clear Hardcoat Lens
Price: $6.63
20 used & new from $3.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying even if your company supplies safety glasses for you., September 10, 2014
These are very high quality and good looking safety glasses. They might be a little tight on someone with a very large head. I am an average sized guy and they fit me snug but comfortable. Metal frames, adjustable bridges, and spring hinges are worth a lot if you are like me and have to wear safety glasses for 13+ hour days. I have not noticed any eye strain with them due to the fact that the lenses conform to the shape of my face and I don't get distorted vision when my eyes aren't looking straight ahead. I have also used them as night time motorcycle glasses and I really like them for that purpose too. My eyes are worth a lot to me and those cheap-o throw away safety glasses the company provides give me headaches due to the eye strain they cause over a long day. Typically, the ones buying the glasses aren't the ones forced to wear them for 13+ hours a day. They might wear them for an hour or two at a time and think they are fine. I won't ever wear the plastic throw away safety glasses again even if the company does provide them. Once you wear these, you won't either. As for durability, I will update this review if I run into anything unusual. With the high quality build, I expect to get a long life out of these as long as I take good care of them.

Centric 125.62073 Disc Brake Rotor
Centric 125.62073 Disc Brake Rotor
Price: $68.84
21 used & new from $57.25

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Rotors - Pay a little more but get a lot more., September 10, 2014
I was a bit skeptical about purchasing the Centric 125.62073 High Carbon brake rotors due to the fact there were no previous reviews. Amazon makes this a no brainer with their exceptional return policy so I took the leap. The quality appears to be among the best with high quality paint on the non-friction surfaces to prevent rust and the machining is as much as anyone could possibly expect. I have been driving with them for about a week now with no issues. Time will tell if the "high carbon" premium really pays off. I got over 140K out of my factory rotors on my 2007 Grand Prix GT and expect these to last until the car is permanently retired. Most people don't realize that once your old brake rotors become uneven and have to be turned down, it is usually only a few months at best before you start to feel the pulsation in your brake pedal again so you might as well just replace them and be done with it. Yep, I said uneven, not warped. Google "brake rotors don't warp" and see what you learn. Seriously, I couldn't believe it either and would have argued with anyone who tried to tell me that. I used two dial indicators and a micrometer on my old rotors that were shaking me to death just months after having them turned just to see. Sure enough, they weren't actually warped, they were unevenly worn on both sides due to hot spots created by holding on the brakes after a hard stop and embedding brake pad material into the rotor. I researched brake rotors for a couple of weeks and learned more about brake rotors than I ever thought possible. Further research let me to find that Centric is a California based company. I looked hard for a "made in" sticker and couldn't find one anywhere so I don't know if these are made in the USA or elsewhere. I have to assume by the lack of "Made in USA" that the answer is elsewhere. What I do know is that the only other brand I would even consider for my GM vehicle (AC Delco) is no longer made in the USA and I wanted to give this California Based company a shot. I will start off with 5 stars as I am completely satisfied and feel as thought I got a very high quality set of rotors. If issues develop over time I will update this review accordingly and deduct stars if necessary.

ACDelco 10-4041 Synthetic Supercharger Oil - 4 oz
ACDelco 10-4041 Synthetic Supercharger Oil - 4 oz
Price: $10.30
2 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and proven to keep superchargers going and going., August 19, 2014
Authentic GM supercharger oil. Thank Amazon for providing this at a reasonable price, although it's still quite expensive. Most dealerships charge much more for this product. I use a suction pump to remove my old supercharger oil and change it at least every 30K. The service manual states that it only needs to be changed at 100K but trust me when I say don't wait this long. The very high pressures and temperatures created by the Eaton 6-71 supercharger will break down this oil and literally make it smell worse than catfish bait in under 50K. To me it's worth spending a few dollars every 30K to ensure my blower remains properly lubricated. I don't know if there are any alternatives at a lower cost and personally don't care. I have gotten over 200K out of these superchargers by keeping the oil changed with Genuine oil and won't gamble to save a bit of pocket change.

Ballistic SX0932-M005 SG Maxx Case for Samsung Galaxy SIII - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Green Planet Collections
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Far superior to the Otterbox Defender on several levels., August 19, 2014
This is the best Case that I have been able to find for my Galaxy S3. The Ballistic case has protected my phone from numerous drops on concrete, bumps, bangs, and numerous other "oops" moments in my harsh work environment. I removed the included screen protector as I found it made my screen look fuzzy. What is the point of having a nice screen if you can't enjoy it? I'm sure not saving it so the next person has a flawless screen while I look through a fuzzy screen the entire time I own the phone. When holstered the screen faces in and I have yet to put a single scratch on my screen without using a screen protector (2+ years of harsh use). Of course my phone is always holstered when not in use and I don't throw it in a purse like the wife does. In her case, a screen protector is a must!

I originally had the Otterbox Defender case. I had issues with the holster clip breaking constantly and the skin on the phone case itself would distort over time. It was also cumbersome to remove the case while the Ballistic case is very easy to remove and install. While the Otterbox warranty was outstanding and they did take very good care of me, the inconvenience and worry about when the holster was going to break again was the final straw after the 3rd one failed. I purchased the Ballistic and haven't had a single issue! I can't speak for their warranty as I haven't needed to use it in over 2 years! This case has proven itself over time with very rugged use in harsh conditions.

LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
Offered by NEON MART
Price: $24.50
7 used & new from $8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Flashlight! - I have purchased literally hundreds of these., August 19, 2014
This is probably the best little flashlight you can get at this price range. It even comes with batteries! I originally purchased one for myself and loved the compact size and high intensity adjustable beam. When my employees saw it they immediately wanted them for their tool kits to replace the old school worthless flashlights the company was providing. I had them set up in the plant general stores and they became a huge hit. So much so that general stores was/is constantly out of them. I left that job for a better opportunity and set up my maintenance guys tool kits there with the same light. The guys love them!

NOTE: The bezel that holds the recessed GLASS lens in place comes unscrewed easily and your lens can fall and break. I highly suggest putting a drop of Red Loctite or Superglue on the threads and screwing it in tight before ever putting the light in service. There will NEVER be a reason to unscrew this as there is no bulb replacement with an led light.

DB POWER® Digital Sound Noise Level Meter Tester Decibel Meter 40-130db of Large LCD screen with 4 Digits Reading
Offered by Rose's Store 21
Price: $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a DB meter., August 19, 2014
It seems to perform as expected. I originally purchased this to test the db level of my motorcycle pipes sound level going down the highway. I have also found it to be a useful tool in the home shop and the work place. It records min/max and has a fairly quick refresh rate. It will not do sound over time averages however.

Harley-Davidson HD501 Safety Glasses with Silver Matte Frame and Clear Tint Hardcoat Lens
Price: $12.75
32 used & new from $9.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The best safety glasses I have ever used., August 19, 2014
Wow! These are the best safety glasses I have ever worn. I work long 13 - 15 hour days and wear these for extended times. I have always had issues with the cheaper throw away safety glasses as they distort my peripheral vision and caused eye strain and headaches. The design of the wrap around lens that contours to your face eliminates the distortion and vision is crystal clear and spot on. These are a little heavier with metal frames including spring hinges and adjustable bridge. The added weight is not an issue for me. I don't know if it's because I like these so much and take better care of them or of they simply have higher quality lenses, but I have yet to scratch the lenses. I probably just baby them because I can't fathom using the cheap ones the company provides again.

I purchased a second pair to use as night riding glasses and they work better than any of my other night riding glasses. They keep the wind out of my eyes and don't distort my peripheral vision. I liked these so much that I also purchased two pair of the mirrored version for use as day time riding glasses and sunglasses to keep in my car. I don't ride a Harley any more (switched to Victory), but these are great glasses.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11