Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Bubbis Thedog > Reviews

Browse

Bubbis Thedog's Profile

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bubbis Thedog "Bubbis" RSS Feed (Atlantis)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Born - Mens - Sandor
Born - Mens - Sandor
Price: $97.37 - $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shoes of This Type I've Ever Owned, May 23, 2015
This review is from: Born - Mens - Sandor (Apparel)
FIT: I have not wide, but maybe slightly wider-than-average feet, and a slightly higher-than-average arch, I'd say. I usually wear a size 9.5, but for these a 9.0 M was a perfect fit. And I mean perfect. Granted, I tried them on at an REI beforehand, but the only 9.0 M they had in stock had some bad stitching in front; so I purchased from Amazon for the same price. I would advise sizing down .5 or so. At first, you may try them on and think they're a bit snug; but after a couple of days they stretch out a little, and you're left with a foot-hugging shoe --at least I was. I was also concerned about the back lip rubbing my ankle: It did the first couple of days, and then it was gone.

PROFILE: The shoes are low-profile, making them look modern and not bulky. The sole appears thin. But don't confuse this for lack of cushion, as they are incredibly comfortable. My past shoes of similar style but larger-looking soles were relatively firm. In these I can walk anywhere all day long.

QUALITY: Leather seemed a bit thin and pliable upon first inspection. I put some Wilson's lotion on them and then some spray protectant. To my surprise, the leather is holding up better than my old Keens, which appeared to have thicker leather. Color has not changed a bit since I bought them, and there are fewer wrinkles than with my Keens, surprisingly. Maybe because it's softer leather. The stitching may seem odd and sloppy at first, but it's just the appearance that you would get with many hand-stitched products.

APPEARANCE: I absolutely love the lighter shade of brown of these shoes. Most comps are darker. These stand out and look more 'expensive' and unique, in my opinion. The thinner sole doesn't make it look like I'm ready for a hike, but ready to hit the town. You can wear these shoes on practically any informal or semi-formal occasion.

VALUE: At $105 just about anywhere you buy these shoes, it's a bit lower than many comps, surprisingly. Considering the above, it's possible the best-valued casual shoe I've ever bought.

Boston Acoustics HDUOIMIST Horizon Duo-I System For Ipod(R) With Am/Fm Radio (Mist)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the Money -- Bar None, October 5, 2009
I just received my H Duo-I tonight, and I'm beyond impressed. I'll update this review after a few months, but felt compelled to rate this incredible product right now. I'm not getting into technical details, because many have done that already. I will, however, tell you why I chose the Boston device over the others.

1) SOUND: I took my iPod Nano with me to several chain retail stores when shopping for my alarm clock/iPod system, plugged it in those systems, listened to several songs in various genres to test them out. I highly recommend doing this; it gives you a sense of how (crappy) the others compare to this system. I'd say the Altec Lansing M402SR Moondance Glow Speaker System with Clock Radio, Snooze Remote, and iPod Dock (Black) was the only device remotely close at this price point --and by "remotely," I mean it was barely in the same galaxy. The Lansing had a tinnier sound. The Boston has a rich, full sound and is very customizable. I tune mine to 0 bass and 0 treble (range is -5 to 5), which is perfect (has some serious kick at these settings, trust me!).

2) AESTHETICS: The Lansing, which I'll use for comparison again, wasn't nearly as nice-looking. I loved having the choice of a white finish, which is what I purchased. And I can still get another grill color (the array is pretty extensive; see BA's site) for around $15, if I wish. The blue-background, white-character display looks better than the drab black-background, orange-character display, in my opinion. It's less 'geeky,' softer, more sophisticated. The knobs look old-school, but trust me, it's worth the aesthetic sacrifice. Personally, I think it adds a bit of retro to the room, and retro happens to be considered the new 'modern.' ;-) My home is designed 'modernly,' so it fits in perfectly. The device is relatively large, but EASILY fits on a nightstand with a lamp. For the record, I have room for a book on the nightstand.

3) FUNCTIONALITY: The controls on the Lansing were more difficult to navigate than the Boston. They're more separated, disjointed, maybe? Back to the big retro knobs: They serve a functional purpose that you'll appreciate. Simply put, they make navigation intuitive; you'll learn how to navigate the device in ten or less minutes. The left knob does pretty much everything: just turn it and navigate, and then push to select. You'll get used to it very quickly. The remote is limited in functionality, but if you use it just to flip through songs and from iPod to FM/AM radio, then it's sufficient. The remote has a pretty good range, too, from 10 feet at least when pointing right at the device.

The snooze functionality (10 minute increments) for the alarm is fantastic, just be very careful not to tap the snooze bar (which is very sensitive and wraps around the entire system's perimeter) twice quickly in succession. This will increase the amount of snooze time. Also, if you turn a knob while in snooze mode, it appears to shut snooze off entirely. The intent is to tap once to snooze, tap again (not immediately in succession!) within the snooze duration to see how much time is left, or increase the snooze duration by tapping at least twice quickly in succession. I've tested it and I think I'll be fine, but I'm setting my phone alarm just to make sure (just like I would with any new alarm clock, to be honest).

I'd love to see the artist/track name on the display, but I can live without it. Maybe in a future version you can see this information, and even flip through artists and albums instead of merely tracks.

4) SMELL, HEAT, ETC.: There was a faint, very faint, plasticky smell to my unit. It reminds me vaguely of chlorine and is only noticeable up close. Did I mention the smell is VERY FAINT? ;-) There is a warm --not hot-- spot in the center of the device, like touching the forehead of someone with the flu. Others have mentioned this heat, and it's true, it does exist, like anything else that emits power. Note that I've had the device playing for around 3 hours straight, and I can still hold it on the palm of a hand without burning --not even close to burning, per se, more of a warm feeling. I don't expect it to damage my nightstand, but I'll revisit this in a few months in my update.

I'm not a Boston Acoustics sales tool. See some of my other reviews and you'll see that I'm a relatively normal human being.

10/7/2009 UPDATE:

I've had this puppy playing for about 5 hours now, and the heat on the bottom is definitely noticeable --certainly above 'warm'. I've had the bass tuned to the minimum -5 level. It's still able to be held in my palm for a considerable duration without pain, but it's definitely tending toward the hot side of 'warm.' I still don't think it's nearly enough to ever damage the surface of my nightstand, but we'll see...

Ancora
Ancora
Offered by Supply Chain Direct
Price: $6.20
266 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars At Least Their Hair has Strong Roots..., September 25, 2006
This review is from: Ancora (Audio CD)
There is not one tune on this CD that sounds remotely close to 'Whip It'.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2006 6:47 AM PDT

Godless: The Church of Liberalism
Godless: The Church of Liberalism
by Ann Coulter
556 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtless, September 24, 2006
Liberal thought does not hinge on belief systems, and therefore 'Godless' can certainly be an accurate description for some Liberals.

Hmm. Um, okay. So that's that. Let me try to figure out what Ann's trying to get across here...

Is the title, so big and red, supposed to be some sort of insult? Sort of like when Conservative pundits utter the word 'Liberal' it evokes a tone of cursing someone? Ann, you're so easy to understand --impossible to comprehend, but easy to understand.

Conservatives conserve. When something is not broken, do not fix it. You can build upon something to make it better, to strengthen it, to augment it (even to do this is sometimes prohibited [religion, anyone?]), but to explore other ideas to take its place is heresy. This mode of thought, in turn, makes hard-core Conservatives very uneasy and insecure, and effectually bullyish. They spend more time and energy defending vehemently their beliefs than exploring other methods that could possibly lead to better societies, more robust economies, fairer justice systems, truths. They'd rather smugly lash out at you, bully you, than consider your ideas --one such idea, a very simple one, being that God does not exist, an idea that just so happens to be a strong possibility seeing that this God entity has never been proven to exist over the tens of thousands of years that it's been worshiped. But when Liberal thought produces something that a staunch Conservative can use, man, are they gonna use and exploit it, profit from it. It's a contemptable, juvenile and proven dangerous practice and Ann Coulter is shamelessly condoning it.

Ann would like you to believe that Liberal conspirators run our public school systems. On evolution: Ann, evolution is a theory; theories stem from scientific thought; science text books contain theories. If you're proposing that school teachers convey that theories are not ideas that are proven, then, fine!, tell them to do it. But get one thing straight, lady: Christianity requires faith, another word for belief, which is a far cry from a theory. If you want to argue that teachers should say, 'Because evolution is merely a theory, it is possible that a higher entity exists,' then, fine!, why not!?!?!??? But I'll tell you now that if you want to maintain the theoretical environment, religion of any type must be kept out of the picture. Religion is a belief system, not a theory, Ann.

To be Godless does not make one an aethiest, and it surely does not make one a member of a 'Liberal church.' To ponder the existence of God is nothing more than natural intellectual exploration. Liberalism is not something that you believe; it is simply an indication that you are objective toward any issue. Liberalism, like Conservativism, does not exclude building upon current applications, AND it also is dynamic enough not to exclude other ideas and applications that could be more beneficial. Now, ask yourself, does Liberalism still sound like a mode of thought that should be cursed?

Ann, if you want to see some real Godlessness, go to any Christian community. I see more Christians breaking the code of the Commandments in five minutes than I could in a week. I see them cheat on their wives, get drunk, lie, you name it. Oh, but, Christianity does offer that convenience of being forgiven if you ask for God's forgiveness. During that one hour time span on Sunday they can be all good and proper and all is forgiven. Yeah, that sounds like a system that I want to be a part of.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2013 6:39 PM PST

Speak for Yourself
Speak for Yourself
Price: $7.29
153 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Get the Pops Out of Your Head..., February 7, 2006
This review is from: Speak for Yourself (Audio CD)
I find it hard to comprehend that hardly anyone has mentioned 'Closing In,' much less afforded this euphoric song the accollades that it deserves. All of you tools are hung up on the 'it' tracks;' 'Closing In' is a trippy, space ambient masterpiece that defines Imogen's talent --perhaps her ultimate intent. I suspect that if this dame had the choice, she'd make more music like 'Closing In' and stop letting herself be forced to succumb to you morons who prefer the safe bet. Hey, she's got immense talent (she wrote mostly all of the music), but it's sad to say that I gather she isn't too ashamed to appease simple minds.

My intuition tells me that Imogen Heap isn't a small mind, not at all. This CD resonates her intellectual capacity for synthetically musical rhythms (Don't even go there, rap idiots; don't even try to make a comparison.) and passion for intricate, well-thought-out vocals. Could you dance to it? Well, of course. But I suggest you put on the headphones and give it a few runs to realize its overall beauty. It's not a bunch of 'love' crap like Frou Frou (though the lyrics may lead you to an opposite conclusion [don't let this fool you]), but rather a celebration of good and bad times --a retrospective, if you will. The overall tone of the CD is one of those, 'Hey, that was a great time, wasn't it!'

My summary of this CD: subtle power; intensity. Imogen Heap was clearly intent on getting her thoughts into your head --and she prevails. This (at times, brilliant) overture digs deep into the gut and psyche: a powerful combination that is worth experiencing over and over again.

Anna Netrebko: Sempre Libera
Anna Netrebko: Sempre Libera
Price: $10.93
101 used & new from $0.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Greasy Mask..., October 4, 2005
What's up with all the make-up? I say do away with it. That chick is HOT without it.

Il Divo
Il Divo
Offered by Supply Chain Direct
Price: $4.46
369 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars clapclapclapclap..., October 4, 2005
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I've always loved these guys. "Whip It" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I barely even recognized them without their red hats and specs. This self-titled album exhibits the artistic scope and innovation that these guys are capable of. Bravo.

Microsoft Office Professional 2003 - Old Version
Microsoft Office Professional 2003 - Old Version
Offered by JESSIS GOODS
Price: $79.99
13 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dear XMLers..., April 27, 2005
I am primarily an Excel user; this review is intended for those who primarily use Excel...

If you work with a development team that has the ability to produce XML files, and you want to get away from using gigantic flat databases for references, Office 2003 is your solution. Copying and pasting will be no longer necessary; just query a URL. It's proven to be an indispensible tool for us.

So, if you're in the serious business of producing reports, and you have a development staff that can produce dynamic XML pages, this is the product for you. With the previous version, you could Web Query; XML provides so many more possibilities --especially if you're coding. The code is much simpler.

Other than that, the program is not much different from 2002. Many other features that people want were still not implemented, such as extending the columns beyond 256 and the rows beyond 65K+. Word still has the same ole quirks (you know what they are if work with it often), and Access is just about the same. For the latter two programs, the only noticeable difference is the 'feel,' or the look of them.

ACT! 2005 [Old Version]
ACT! 2005 [Old Version]
6 used & new from $19.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless Hunk of .NET Code..., April 7, 2005
This review is from: ACT! 2005 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
I've never worked with a piece of software this faulty and unusable. The past 7 months have been tortuous. Following are some of the problems I've had. Have you all had them as well?

1) More than 2-hour import time for less than 10,000 records. I was told today that 10,000 records was a lot. I'm sorry, but I can import ONE-HUNDRED thousand records in a half dozen other .NET database programs in seconds; a minute at most. The fact that this is a underdeveloped product is why the import is slow -not the size of the import file.

1b) Customized layouts are very dangerous to work with if you import data a lot. Duplicate checking does not work properly. Here's why: Did you know that, even if you set the only duplicate checking parameter for one field (other than Contact), the program still checks the Contact field by default for duplicates -even if it's not a part of your layout?!?!?!??? I couldn't believe it when I was told this. ACT! should not allow me to do duplicate checking at ALL if its default is set to Contact! Support members have agreed with me on this one. This issue has cost me a TON of time, and our company a TON of money. I had created a custom layout, deleting many of the default fields and creating a unique primary key field that is imported from a .CSV file. Why would you want to scan for duplicates by a contact name??? It's common practice to use numbers for primary keys, not names. So, if I know that many of the Contact fields are empty in my source .CSV database, duh!, I'm going to use another field, such as the unique field from my .CSV import. But wait! I was told that having empty Contact fields was also a reason for the long import time. So I wrote a program that created unique names for all the empty fields: NO CHANGE IN IMPORT TIME. Then support reverted back to the 'it's a large import,' and promptly blew me off.

2) If you have empty Contact fields, forget using the default report templates. They simply do not work. And if you spend the time like I did to create custom templates, the alignment of the printed version is different from the layout designer version. Yet another part of the program that doesn't work.

3) Phone support. If you have 30-45 minutes, then you might find an operator. (Wonder why they're so busy?) The support, when you finally do reach them, is horrible. They obviously do not understand the breadth of the mishaps of the programs. Other support arenas that I use (and we paid extra for) can never offer solutions that actually WORK. I have always found my own work-arounds through trial and error; not once has an ACT! representative found one for me -and that's not an exagerration.

4) Endless synchronization problems over VPN. I get a call from at least one remote user per week who tells me that he/she cannot synchronize. Databases become corrupt and need rebuilt and redelivered. I can list at least 3 different error messages that have popped up -and there's not a real fix for any of them. Not to mention that synchronizing 200 records takes 35-45 minutes with a high-speed connection and brand new computers. This is embarrassing for me as an administrator.

5) Do not change a record from Public to Private, and then back to Public. If you do, that record will not be available in the subscription list. ACT! recreated this problem many months ago, and it's still not fixed. Instead they've been spending their time putting features back into the program that was there in previous versions -due to customer complaints, no doubt.

SOME major problems:

*Severe lack of beta testing

*Overall Speed, or lack thereof, of almost every feature (despite three 'updates' thus far)

*Incredibly long .CSV import times

*Unstable synchronizations; bite my fingernails every day hoping that a remote user doesn't call me telling me they've had yet another problem with the program.

*Poor support (long hold times, no resolution)

*Faulty default and custom report templates

*Lack of administrative flexibility

*****Product design doesn't take into account that prospects are not always people; they can be a business heard of by referral, one they passed on the road and wanted to enter into their DB, etc. Are we not supposed to be able to do this? Product needs to focus more on prospect management than simply contact management to suit our needs. Don't write the program how YOU want it to be; design it how WE want it to be.

Without these things functioning even SEMI-properly, ACT! 2005 Premium for Workgroups is simply a big hunk of useless code, and a gigantic waste of time and money. Literally every site that shows customer reviews for this product consist of negative comments. And stop telling me to "request a feature" when there's an issue with the program; log it yourselves and FIX IT.

Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $7.27
218 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 Duff's Are Not Unuff..., December 15, 2004
This review is from: Hilary Duff (Audio CD)
This is tonite's jurnal. I'm a 13-year-old girl. My name is Brianna.

PRESENT: Ok, so ive had a fyoo to many Duff's. This is sum great music. I'n damsing to it, and I'm just so happee. This is grate.

1 HOUR LATER: Hilary is so GRATE! I luv her. She seems to now what I am fealing. I mean, like, you know... She doesn't get to deap, but her music sonds so cool!

2 HOURS LATER: Ok, the Duff's are all gon now. I'm so tired. I've been dansing to this all nite. Now I'll just read the inlay and lisen to this CD in the bakground. Yawn.

3 HOURS LATER: She didn't right this music. How difficult could that be? I like Hilary, but why can't she writ her own music?

4 HOURS LATER: It's now 1 AM. Could Hilary not write this stuff on her own, at least? I mean, this isn't rocket science. It's the same as... *revelation*... wait... i mowed all those lawns for this? Is this not a replica of those other chicks who make this type of stuff?

5 HOURS LATER: My head is totally clear now. What was I thinking? I should've used my head rather than listen to those clones. This is crap that is making Hilary rich, and that's it. She's not even trying.

CONCLUSION OF THIS PART OF MY DIARY:

The Sun's now coming up, yet I've just seen the light: I wasted the money that I earned mowing those lawns. I mean, I like to have fun, but I'm so sick and tired of these kids suckering me into spending MY money on their lame products. Do something original, for crisakes. Shame on all of you. I'm going to do some real exploring from now on instead of listen to drones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5