Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for J. Brandt > Reviews

Browse

J. Brandt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 341

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Brandt RSS Feed (texas)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Assessment and Treatment Planning for PTSD
Assessment and Treatment Planning for PTSD
by Jon D. Elhai
Price: $60.00
41 used & new from $43.62

4.0 out of 5 stars An good book for clinicians working clients diagnosed with PTSD, April 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent and concise book on assessing and treating clients who have been diagnosed with PTSD. The authors of this book write in a way that both clinicians and non-clinicians (i.e. families, clients, etc..) can read and understand the dynamics of PTSD and some of the concerns, science, cultural issues, etc...that have become important when diagnosing PTSD. Each chapter from evidenced based practices, assessing PTSD, working with children, working with veterans, etc...is very well written and easy to understand. As someone who works in the mental health field, it is a great resource to have to quickly access to remind myself of the diagnosis of PTSD and some of the other issues regarding this diagnosis. The authors discuss what PTSD is (and is not) and some issues that you may not have thought about when trying to determine if PTSD is an accurate diagnosis.

This is a book that clinicians need in their library as it will be used and used often. Four stars from this reviewer who has this book on my desk at work and is a book that I use frequently to help me in my work with my clients.

Super-Brella Chair, Blue
Super-Brella Chair, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A good portable chair (with an umbrella attached!)...four stars..., April 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, I opened the chair and umbrella without even looking at the instructions (sorry, I'm a guy and we don't read the "destructions" until we mess things up too much, but the chair opened and I pushed the button on the umbrella pole and set it upright and...voila!! It worked. The umbrella can be adjusted to protect you from the sun, of course.

The chair size is fine. I have read where some people feel the chair is a bit "small" for people six feet up and taller. I'm taller than six feet and I've sat in the chair and it's fine. It's built better than a lot of the cheap lawn type chairs you can find in discount stores and the umbrella system is easy to use. Now, durability? That's the BIG issue. I've lost count on how many times I've seen lawn chairs in trash cans at the end of fast pitch softball tournaments or other tourneys. Will this chair stand up to long term use? Will the umbrella work and not break off? I don't know yet that's why I'll give it 4 stars and not 5 right now.

I like this chair and my family will get plenty of use from it especially on the sun beating down on us here in Texas (and we get a LOT of sun and heat). Thumbs up from this reviewer!

ANCO C-19-UB Contour Wiper Blade - 19", (Pack of 1)
ANCO C-19-UB Contour Wiper Blade - 19", (Pack of 1)
Offered by oh!Dreamy
Price: $8.39
46 used & new from $8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars...quality wiper blade..., April 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered two different sizes (different car needs). This one was also easy to install, looks great and works great. Be SURE that you buy the right size for your car make/model. The blade works great and I have to give it four big stars. I cannot give it five stars because I am not sure how long the blade will last. Still, this is a good buy from a company known for quality wiper blades.

ANCO C-19-OE Contour Wiper Blade - 19", (Pack of 1)
ANCO C-19-OE Contour Wiper Blade - 19", (Pack of 1)
Price: $5.23
46 used & new from $5.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wiper blade...great quality...four bright stars!, April 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The wiper blade instructions were fairly easy to use and the wiper blade works great!! Great look...easy to use...Now, durability? That will be a test over time, but it appears to be very well made. I will give it 4 stars for now since I don't know how long the blade will last.

The Chopin Manuscript
The Chopin Manuscript
by Jeffery Deaver
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $16.51
23 used & new from $2.85

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars....Not great, but not bad..., April 7, 2013
This review is from: The Chopin Manuscript (Audio CD)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I finally listened to The Chopin Manuscript which, if offered as a book, I think I would have enjoyed more. Each section is read by a famous author (Child, Finder, Fusilli just to name a few) and the book moves fast with the main character trying to figure out whether the item he has is the "real thing" (A manuscript by Chopin), but everyone wants him dead. The problem I have with Books on CDs is simple. I'm too busy driving and not paying attention to the plot. The chapters, written by various authors, is a fun listen (versus a fun read?), but I just could not keep up with the plot enough. When I finally finished listening to the CD recently I thought, "Not bad..Not great..." and that's why I'll give it 3 stars. The reality with me is that listening to books on CD is not a good idea. For some people who can follow the plot while driving in their car? Go for it. I just can't do it.

The Might Have Been: A Novel
The Might Have Been: A Novel
by Joseph M. Schuster
65 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars....I just cannot give it 4 stars, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As baseball season gets underway I finally finished this book. Baseball fiction is tricky to me. I loved Jim Bouton's books about the real life of baseball. I loved W.P. Kinsella and his characters in his baseball fiction and I've read several other good baseball fiction books. This one? I have to give it 3 stars and probably because the main character, Everett Yates, was a person that I just tired of as I read the novel. His life didn't turn out the way he wanted.....fine...whatever. I read the book and as I'm finally finished with it I just felt that the book didn't do much for me. We've all known our share of "Everett Yates" type people whose athletic careers ended on a sour note or never took off and maybe that's the point. Life isn't always fair and if that's the message of the book then I get it. It's a good read...a 3 star read...not quite four stars for me.

The Last of the Doughboys: The Forgotten Generation and Their Forgotten World War
by Richard Rubin
53 used & new from $3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding book of the stories of World War I veterans - from their perspective, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
World War One seems to be lost on us all. My love for history, however, had me gravitate towards this book and what a great read. I picked it up...I started reading the true stories (oral history at its best!) of World War I veterans and it brought home the absolute horror of war and in the First World War the horrors are almost unspeakable and almost unreal.

37 million people perished in that four year conflict. The "War to End All Wars" (what nonsense that it was believed it would do so!) did nothing but bring us to the Second World War.

In Rubin's book, he takes on the task of finding every WWI American veteran he can find to interview them. This is real history. It is not "read the textbook" history full of facts and dates (that's not real history anyway). This is history told from the vantage point of people who lived on those battlefields in Europe. What was amazing to me was despite the age of the people he interviewed (many in their early 100s) they could recall so clearly the horrors they saw, felt and never can forget. This book is loaded with interviews and insight and perspectives into WWI that you don't often read, but this should be a required reading for those who want to understand the brutality of WWI and the fact that so many men perished in such a senseless war.

Read this book. Read it twice. And when you see a veteran of any war please thank them and try to understand the pain they must be experiencing after going through hell via combat.

Five stars. A BIG five stars.

The Night Ranger (A John Wells Novel)
The Night Ranger (A John Wells Novel)
by Alex Berenson
212 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Three stars...Not Berenson's best, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have read all the Alex Berenson books and have enjoyed them, but this time I found that the plot was interesting, but the pace of the plot moved far too slowly. John Wells, the hero of his series, ends up having to deal with hostages in Africa after his son pleads with him to take on this role of freeing the hostages. As I read the book I just felt bored. I wanted more excitement in the book and that may be from the fact that in Berenson's other books the tension of the setting kept me more interested. It is not a bad read. Berenson is a good writer, but this time I just could not get into the plot enough to enjoy it. I have to give it 3 stars (maybe 3.5 stars). If you want to read Alex Berenson's books, start with his first one in the John Wells series.

Handbook of Military Social Work
Handbook of Military Social Work
by Allen Rubin
Price: $56.00
77 used & new from $40.95

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book on Social Work when working with veterans and families, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Handbook of Military Social Work is an outstanding reference guide for people working with veterans and their families. The book is easy to read and to find information about various military issues, family issues and the obstacles faced when working with veterans. It is very well written and I find it easy to find information in the book quickly. It is not a deep/thorough book, but is a good starting point to guide you in knowing how to best help veterans and their families. For Social Work or casework? This is a must have on the shelf as you will use it and use it often to help those who have served our nation.

Nestle Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates, Caramel Candy Bars, 6 Count
Nestle Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates, Caramel Candy Bars, 6 Count
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious....great snack....and not too many calories, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you get a snack that's really good and only 130 calories? I'll take that every time. The Nestle Skinny Cow (with caramel) are excellent. Very good taste and for 130 calories it has a rich taste that I enjoyed. I have to give this a 5 star "treat" rating. Great for snack. Great for a lunch treat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20