Profile for J. Brandt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 318

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Brandt RSS Feed (texas)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Letters of Note: An Eclectic Collection of Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience
by Shaun Usher
Price: $20.34
79 used & new from $11.83

5.0 out of 5 stars What a incredible book to read, browse and enjoy....letters from all types of people in history. This is a 5 star read!, April 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Anytime you read primary documents it gives you more of an insight into people, cultures, time periods, issues, etc...This book, "Letters of Note" is a five star read for sure. It is interesting from page one with letters from Royalty, Presidents, great writers, poets, movie stars, and criminals (the Jack the Ripper letter is just down right frightening). To read letters from Flannery O'Connor and Virgina Woolf (her later is just heart wrenching) is to almost hear their words. The letter from the Queen to Eisenhower about a recipe? Greatness.

This book? I cannot recommend it highly enough. The actual letters are pictured in the book then shown in regular font so you can read (some of the handwriting is difficult to read or in other languages) so you see the letter and then enjoy the letter along with some other information about the person and why it was written.

Five stars is not enough of a rating. Can I give it more? I would if I could. Outstanding. This is one of those books that you will put on the shelf and then take it back off the shelf to read some more letters and then read and re-read.

Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook  (6066)
Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook (6066)
Price: $6.37
30 used & new from $2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good office product, April 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed about this product was the quality of the outside binder. The 80 sheets inside the binder allow for notes for meetings (each sheet is perforated so it can be taken out easily). The bottom fourth of each page is a yellow "quick notes" section. The page and date are on the top of each page.

This is an easy way to stay organized at meetings. I have already used this at two meetings. Five stars from this review because it is built sturdy and this is a very useable product for your home or office.

Batman: The TV Stories (Batman (DC Comics))
Batman: The TV Stories (Batman (DC Comics))
by Various
Price: $13.43
58 used & new from $6.14

4.0 out of 5 stars A good DC Comic to enjoy, April 20, 2014
The various stories in this series are from the 1950s and 1960s. I thought that the comics were actually just a spin off from the camp Batman series on TV in the 1960s (they are not), but each story is a fun read. The cat woman (seen on the cover looking a lot like Julie Newmar...my favorite catwoman) is NOT in the stories. Bummer.

Anyway, four solid stars on this comic series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2014 2:22 AM PDT

The Gestapo: Power and Terror in the Third Reich
The Gestapo: Power and Terror in the Third Reich
by Carsten Dams
Price: $17.79
72 used & new from $6.96

3.0 out of 5 stars A book on the Gestapo with a more scholarly twist., April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read the book cover to cover and I came away with a few thoughts. First, it reads more of a "scholarly" approach to the Gestapo and as I read the book it painted the Gestapo (this is only my opinion) in a rather revisionist view. The authors do not argue that the Gestapo was some "good for Germany" organization. This book, however, is more focused on the rise, the huge bureaucracy of the Gestapo and the people who helped create the power and terror of the organization. As the Second World War worsened, the Gestapo's tactics worsened and the book notes this, but I finished this book without learning anything truly new or revealing about this powerful arm of the Nazi rule of Germany and the nations it conquered during its rise to power.

I can give it three stars. It is a very scholarly book about the Gestapo. I would have liked more primary documents and actual comments, speeches, documents, etc...to back up some of their arguments as I think it would have truly added to the book.

Wilson Jones Favorite Desk File/Sorter, A-Z Index, 10 x 12 Inches, Burgundy (WCC3C)
Price: $22.06
14 used & new from $12.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made product and useful in the office or home, April 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the burgundy color desk file/sorter. It is well made (hard cardboard cover) and is great for organizing in the office (where I use it). It does not have a rubber band type device (to wrap around it) to stop papers from falling out, but it is well made and durable and that is what I look for in a product. Four stars for this product as I am already putting it to good use.

The Rumford Gardener Tuff-Guard Expanding Hose, 50-Feet (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Hot Stuff Trading Co.
Price: $46.97
8 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars. Good product., March 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Tuff-Guard Expanding hose met my expectations and was true to the manufacturer's claims. The hose EXCEEDED my expectations in the quality of the couplings. Solid brass, well built and quite heavy. The only complaint is that when I hooked it up to the faucet there was a slight leak at the coupling, but that might have been an issue with how tight the connection is between my faucet and the coupling.

It seems to be well built so I will give it a solid FOUR stars. The leak (and that may be my fault) is the only concern and it was a slow drip at best.

Oxiclean Laundry Detergent, 47 Count
Oxiclean Laundry Detergent, 47 Count
Offered by DDEco
Price: $23.72
18 used & new from $17.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Already put this to use and it works just fine, March 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have already put these Oxiclean pods to use. The oxiclean pod (they call them "paks") worked just fine and did the job it is supposed to do. I am not sure I can judge whether they are better than other detergent pods on the market as I the oxiclean did the job as other pods I have used in the past.

Five stars from this user as I have used several of the paks in the laundry and the oxiclean seems to do the job right.

Wilson Jones Heavy Weight Top-Loading Sheet Protectors, Non-Glare, 100/Box (W21413)
Price: $13.52
15 used & new from $11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made product. Does the job it says it will do, March 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have already put these top loading sheet protectors to use. The package I received is the non-glare kind and they work great. They are not flimsy/cheap and appear to be durable for long term use. This type of product can be used for offices, various collectors can use them (stamp collectors, currency, etc.. as the material appears to be safe for various products.

Five stars for this product. I"ll definitely buy these in the future.

Hill's Ideal Balance Hairball Natural Chicken & Oats Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 3.5-Pound
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy food for the "four legged" members of our family, March 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, my three spoiled (very spoiled) house cats approved of the chicken & oats recipe. They can be a bit picky, but seem to approve of this selection from one of the people they "own" in their lives. Hill's has a great reputation as a company that makes healthy food for our beloved pets. This is no exception. In this day and age we take care of our pets and this is a quality cat food which is healthy and safe. Five stars from my three spoiled house cats.

Electrolux PureOxygen Allergy 150 HEPA 4 Stage-Filtration Air Cleaner / Air Purifier, White
Offered by WorldWide Distributors
Price: $175.27
10 used & new from $175.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars. Really seems to do the job. Quiet..well made..., February 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed about this product is the quality. It appears to be very well made and easy to use. The one I received came with additional filters (not sure of the price of additional filters once these are used). It is quiet and it appears to be able to deal with allergens and bacteria in the home as it will adjust depending on the air quality in your home.

I was impressed with the product from the moment it arrived. It is being used in our home now and I can certainly imagine buying one or two more of these by Electrolux.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20