Profile for laago > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

laago RSS Feed

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2013
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2013
Price: $21.07
3 used & new from $21.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, October 2, 2012
This review is from: MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2013 (CD-ROM)
I am using the trial of this for about 2 weeks. I have used other Movie editors from Magix for years so am not a novice to their products.
This one is next to useless, it's a problem saving 3 minute files, although at the bottom it goes thru the motions, sometimes it takes 3 attempts before successful..
The black/grey interface is almost unreadable causing serious eyestrain.
I could go on & on but don't wish to waste any more time.
My system:
Case Cooler Master Elite 360 - Mini tower - ATX CPU CPU
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz - LGA1155 Socket - L3 8 MB
Motherboard - Asrock Z68 PRO3-M Micro-ATX Motherboard
Memory Corsair - CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 - Memory - DDR3 1333 - 8 GB
Graphics Card None ................ i7 3000, I tried a GT520 Slower than the integrated Intel, sent back!
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black - Internal Hard Drive 3.5 "- 1 TB SATA III
INet - Wireless TP-Link - TL-WN851N - Wireless N PCI Card - 300Mbps - MiMo - 2 antennas
Power Supply Be Quiet - BQT L7-530W - PC Power Supply - ATX - 530 W. Not so QUIET not good, buy another. DVD R / Writer - Liteon iHAS324
Internal multi card reader - LECT-MUL-CAR -C109 Multi-card Reader Internal 3.5 "
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 6:30 AM PDT

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 16.1 MP Digital Camera with 24x Optical Zoom - Black
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 16.1 MP Digital Camera with 24x Optical Zoom - Black
5 used & new from $299.00

3.0 out of 5 stars What else can you buy?, September 27, 2012
UPDATED 2/10/2012
I own this camera & after a nightmare trying to get the printable manual (see below) the jury is still out.
I agree with the other reviewer/writer it has excellent features, too many without a manual to hand, also too many menus.
Without actually looking at the rear buttons before shooting it is easy to hit the wrong one/button during use, especially the AF/AF closeup/MF button, sometimes I manage to touch one by mistake in use & I don't have an enormous thumb! The red movie button on the top seems eratic both beginning & stopping a movie, sometimes does not work for me so I prefer to use the main dial for movie mode, also the on/off lever feels as if 1 day it will snap!
Since writing the above I have definitely found the buttons on the back a problem, touching them without trying, & the design of the body with a space for your thumb.........you need deformed hands to use it, that's probably why I touch the buttons accidentally, the auto focus does not focus on the object always, sometimes on something in front of it to the side instead, I've tried changing the focus modes to no avail.
OTHER GRIPES...............NO MOVABLE SCREEN, also the lens cover..............problems getting off & on!
The zoom lens works well in low light, & now have made good movies & shot reasonable photos in Auto mode. The stills are OK but I expected more, especially using the Zoom the camera does not auto-focus well in my opinion. Another big gripe as has been stated in all reviews is the lack of any extended time mode. I used to like shooting the night sky, also movement of speed shots, not possible at all.
I have owned 2 Olympus cameras previously & both were better thought out body-wise, also allowed night shots etc.
I did think about sending it back but shall continue in my quest for excellence because what else is available?
So to sum up..........
GOOD
Value for money & features compared with competitors, I spent days researching them all.
Has a viewfinder.
Some/most photos are good.
Movies.
Battery life.
BAD
Stills focusing. On one menu option it has various so-called focus points outlined together, who wants that, I just want to focus on the main object?
If I could I would post examples but not sure you can with comments?
No extended exposure.
Instructions.
UGLY
Body design & button placement.
Panasonic website/sites, although they do respond quickly.

THIS WAS MY 1ST COMMENT! Panasonic have changed their website since!?
I received the camera OK but there is no manual.
I went to Panasonic.eu, downloaded the manual, printed it.............over 200 pages only to find the downloaded FZ62 manual had different functions to the actual camera received. So I went back to Panasonic, registered it as OTHER because there is not a FZ62 showing then looked for another manual. I found a manual with the FZ62 I had but it also has the FZ200 which means spending ages separating the pages because they are not separate but mixed together.
I decided to complain to Panasonic............on the form for contacting Panasonic Customer Services.eu they only have USA States so I had to choose WYOMING to get it sent!
The manual problem is scandelous, BE WARNED IN ADVANCE you only receive a very basic paper instruction leaflet included with the camera.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2012 5:30 AM PST

Serif MoviePlus X3
Serif MoviePlus X3
4 used & new from $11.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap basic S/W for beginners, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Serif MoviePlus X3 (DVD-ROM)
I now use Magix Movie which although it takes up too many PC resources is a more professional S/W, they also have terrible customer relations!
So back to Serif....................I found it lacking, unable to import some files due to incompatability problems, probably because it was too basic but maybe ideal for beginners?
So I agree with other comments 1 & 2 star.

Men's Edifice Black Label Solar Multi-Band Atomic Alarm Chronograph Link Brac...
Offered by Life is Ticking
Price: $308.99
14 used & new from $300.00

3.0 out of 5 stars good value not so good quality control, June 16, 2012
Ok update on my old reviews this is the 3rd impression..................
I am a watch collector/repairer never bought an expensive quartz before due to the battery changing problems. I've had about 10 Swatches which are value for money but if left with battery inside tend to get corroded, also if you don't change them yourself some jewelers f..k up the seals due to heavy hands!
Anyway Casio have almost cracked it here apart from looking closely, with a magnifying glass I see the yellow between the hour icons is some sort of adhesive plastic NOT PAINTED, the hands are 'pressed', not very well made & finally after my 1st review I see a hair caught in the hand of the 24 hour dial! Also be warned it comes to fit a very large wrist which will be a bit difficult to alter. Maybe get the seller to do it before sending?
I found a very informative video on U Tube to help you do this yourself.
[...] it's been deleted by Amazon!

So back to the watch.............it is difficult to set up but if you read the informative manual at least six times, not bad as are a lot of Japanese/Chinese translations! My watch arrived working fine, all you need to do is set your timezone/timezones, alarm etc once it's charged.
It is a well designed timepiece, not bulky like my other automatic chrono's, with as many functions as you will ever need or indeed get for this price, except a day function. It has a matt finish for the bracelet & polished for the watch case, very smart but you need to eat plenty of carrots to see everything or use a magnifying glass as me!
I had read reports saying the black coating scratches easily, that obviously depends how you treat it & possibly how long you wear it for, another criticism was some people received the watch with damaged hands, 'they are very fragile'. I suggest you ask the seller, before shipping, to check these points for you as I did. Mine arrived perfect apart from the hair inside the dial. I have emailed Casio about the faults/comments & received a reply after 3 emails from Germany, apparently the European head office. They said send it back..............OK but why should I pay for the P & Packing when a hair is embedded in the watch, also be without it for how long?

To sum up...........very time consuming to change settings, (so I don't), reasonably good value, good looking, good features albeit miniature, therefore almost useless, the alarm needs you to have perfect hearing otherwise a waste of time. 2 stars off due to the yellow adhesive, hands & hair but you need to look very very closely to spot them. As far as Casio goes, I don't think I would buy another due to lack of quality control at factory, wherever it is!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2012 6:39 AM PDT

Refurbished DeLonghi Magnifica Super Automatic Coffee Center
Refurbished DeLonghi Magnifica Super Automatic Coffee Center
2 used & new from $550.00

1.0 out of 5 stars a TOY, June 10, 2012
I have had this machine just over 2 years. It makes reasonabley good coffee but is unreliable.
The 1st problem was beans sticking in the top where they enter the grinder after 15 months. I contacted DeLonghi who suggested it was stones in the beans & I should send it back but the postage was too high. So I emptied out the beans & managed with a knife, to carefully dis-engage the offending beans, this has happened many times since & also the switches sometimes appear faulty, for instance it shows coffee grout bin is full when it has just been used once, water is empty when it's full etc. I think the detector on the main-board is faulty. More recently after 2 years the steam has become so weak the only use it has is to heat the milk, no froth.
I have since gone back to my original 8 year old small De Longhi manual expresso maker which although it has the same problem with the steamer, the coffee is far superior.
Considering the price I feel the machine warrants better quality design of the parts used, I would not recommend any De Longhi product it to anyone.