Profile for T. Sewell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Sewell RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
Rose Buds in Full Bloom Charm .925 Sterling Silver Bead for Pandora Chamilia Biagi & European Bracelets
Offered by Beads Hunter
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, January 16, 2013
My daughter's middle name is Rose, so I was looking for a bead to represent her on my bracelet. This was a great choice!! The charm is beautiful. Was a bit worried because the picture depicts a bead that looks quite dull. That wasn't the case. I looked at other "roses" from other sellers including Pandora's and in my opinion this one is prettier. This truly was a great buy.

925 Sterling Silver European Style Antique Silver "Star Roller Skate Boot" Charms/beads for Pandora, Biagi, Chamilia, Troll and More Bracelets

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Bead!!, January 9, 2013
I have very fond memories of the skating rink as a kid, so I've been searching some time now for a nice skate bead to go with my charm bracelet. I ended up purchasing this one because it was the only one I saw with the stopper at the front of the skate. This charm looks just like the picture (which isn't a bad thing). It's absolutely beautiful!! I wasn't sure what to expect when it arrived, however the quality and detail are superb. Extremely happy with my purchase!

SquareTrade 2-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($350-$400)
SquareTrade 2-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($350-$400)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I broke my Asus Tablet...., July 13, 2012
Purchased this squaretrade warranty about a week after receiving my Asus TF300 (I think that's the model number). I thought it was pretty cool that you had 30 days from the date of purchasing a tablet to buy this warranty. Initially I didn't think to order a one along with my Asus. Didn't have the tablet a good 60 days before I dropped it on the floor like an idiot, and completely shattered the screen. Called squaretrade, filed a claim, and they sent me a postage paid box in the mail to have it shipped to one of their repair centers. I also had the option to take the tablet to a repair shop of my choice, get it fixed, and they would reimburse (<--spell check?) me the funds. Once my tablet arrived at the repair center, it turned out that it was going to cost more money to have the tablet repaired than the tablet was worth, so squaretrade mailed me a check for the full price of the tablet so I could repurchase another one. You have the choice of receiving a check in the mail, funds added to your paypal account or an Amazon gift card. The whole process was frustration free and squaretrade was very professional with regards to handling my claim. Highly recommend this company. The warranty was definetly worth purchasing, and I wouldn't hesistate to use them again.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2014 2:25 PM PDT

10" Embedded Flower Accent Ceramic Pig Statue Color: Grey
10" Embedded Flower Accent Ceramic Pig Statue Color: Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful, January 26, 2012
While in Burlington Coat Factory one day, I spotted this huge piggy bank. She was purple with flower accents. The pictures really don't do this thing any justice. It's quite elegant. However, the one I found in the store was missing the stopper that goes underneath, and there was quite a bit of damage to the pig. Alot of the flowers were chipped off, leaving this beautiful work of art looking rather shabby.
I ended up purchasing it anyway even though it had some flaws. My mom seen it one day and loved it so I gave it to her.

Thus my search began....I scoured the internet for another pig, and to my surprise Amazon had it!! I decided to order the gray one. The pictures make it seem as though the pig is almost smoke-like in color. However, after receiving this pig that was not the case. It's more beige/cream than anything else but still very pretty. The picture of the purple one is true to its color. A very deep, very pretty, purple. Not sure about the yellow...

It comes with the stopper, and was packaged very securely. I'm really enjoying this pig and I think I'm going to order a few more. Everyone who has seen it has loved it and asked where I got it from.

I like to save my spare change (mostly single dollar bills and quarters) and have always been looking for the ultimate piggy bank. This is definitely it!! When I say this thing is huge....it's the biggest piggy bank I've ever seen. My mom uses hers to save quarters. She has stuffed her pig with 1,000 dollars worth of quarters so far with room to spare. The description of this product will probably throw most people off. This is not a statue. It is a very useable piggy bank that is both elegant and a definite conversational piece.

amCase (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch Reader (2-Pack) Latest Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the Nook Touch..., November 3, 2011
With a rambunctious 3 year old at home, I was looking for a few screen protectors to put on his new Leappad Explorer. This particular brand has exceeded my expectations. You get two screen protectors. Each with its own cloth and card to remove bubbles. After applying it to the device (which was smooth sailing after trimming to the correct measurements) I was happy to note that it really is invisible and it doesn't interfere with the screens sensitivity. My son has since banged on the screen multiple times with the stylus with no damage done to the toys screen itself. This is truly an excellent product for the price that does exactly what it's intended to do...protect your screen! I wouldn't hesistate to purchase these again.

VTech - V.Reader - E-Book Download Gift Card
VTech - V.Reader - E-Book Download Gift Card
Offered by Stock Center Electronics
Price: $11.99
6 used & new from $11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 1, 2011
I purchased this download card from Timeline but it was fulfilled by Amazon. As the title suggests, this is a great value!! A twenty dollar gift card for fourteen bucks. This download card can be used in VTech's Learning Lodge Navigator to purchase additional books for your childs V.Reader. When I redeemed the code online, I noticed it could be used to purchase additional games and books for the Innotab as well. Something I wasn't expecting.

It comes packaged in the same case a V.Reader cartridge would. A bit excessive, but I guess it will come in handy should my son ever damage one of the cases in his current collection. I'm really picky about who I give my credit card info to, so this is a great alternative....and a good deal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2011 7:41 AM PST

Kidkraft Star Table and Chair Set
Kidkraft Star Table and Chair Set
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $108.99
23 used & new from $91.11

3.0 out of 5 stars I Purchased This Table A Year Ago..., October 30, 2011
This table was a christmas gift in 2010. Here we are almost a year later, and this table has held up fairly well. However, I'm currently in the market for a new one...
I'll start with the pros first.

Pros:
- Durable. My son just turned 3 when we gave this to him and since then he has really put this table through its paces. Toys have been banged on it, crayons and pens have made their mark, and I can't tell you how many times the table and chairs have been dragged around the house by my budding little home redecorator. My husband and I have even sat in the chairs with him on occasion and were surprised at how well they held us up given our weight compared to his.

- I loved the idea of the different colored bins underneath. Originally we were sent only red and blue bins...BORING!! When I read the description, it said this table came with one red, blue, yellow, and green bin so I was kinda disappointed. I called Kidkraft (a bit anal...I know) and asked how I could get a yellow and green bin sent to me. The extra bins were sent my way free of charge. With all the small toys he had laying around the house I thought this was a great way to get things organized.

- Size/Design. This table is perfect for kids ages 2-5. The backs on the chairs are high enough to comfortably support small children and the overall design of this set is just cute.

The reason I am looking for new table and chair set at this point is this whole allan wrench assembly. This may be better explained through the cons...

Cons:
- Assembly!! This table took forever to assemble. We ran into problems when we realized that not all the pre-cut holes were aligned correctly. A few were about 2-3 millimeters off which doesn't seem like much but it made trying to fit the darn screws through the holes a pain in the butt!! Be prepared to argue with your spouse (should he/she help) for no reason at all other than frustration...

- Constantly having to re-tighten screws that have come loose with an allen wrench that nobody can find!!

- There are 4 weird looking screws? that go underneath the table to help bolt it down to the legs. It doesn't matter how many times we tighten it...they are forever falling out. So much so that my husband had to put two L brackets underneath instead to keep the table from coming off the legs when leaning against one end of the table.

- The bins that come with this table broke with a few months. While cheap, I was expecting them to hold up a bit longer then they did. My child is also rough with toys so it was probably his fault versus kidkraft's quality.

While this is a nice table to look at, I am just sick and tired of tightening screws. I shouldn't have to be concerned about my child's safety, however at this point I am. I have come in his room many times to find him playing with loose screws that came from his chair. I am surprised he hasn't collasped while sitting in one yet. I personally wouldn't recommend this table and am hoping my new search will result in a table that has done away with allen wrenches because I have yet to find a piece of furniture that has any longevity when allen wrench assembly is used.

Nintendo Official Messenger Bag for 3DS - Gray
Nintendo Official Messenger Bag for 3DS - Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Messenger Bag!!, October 30, 2011
Of all the gaming systems, I love the DS the most. This has resulted in a ridiculous amount of games that I have purchased over the years to go with it. I have been searching for something that could not only hold my 3DS but my game collection as well. This messenger bag by Power A is a godsend.

The front pocket holds 60 nintendo DS or 3DS games. That alone is worth the purchase. Each game sits in its own elastic band and seems pretty well protected when I travel with it. Which brings me to another point. This bag is made extremely well. I have had mine a good 6 months and it looks brand new. The zippers aren't cheap and whatever material it is made of seems to be holding up very well. The second pocket has a compartment to hold your 3DS, DSi, or DS. There are slots on either side of the DS compartment to hold a few stylus. Opposite that are two fairly large zippered pockets that you can use to hold car charger, ac adapter, etc. I have actually been able to fit one of those Hori 3DS cases that hold 24 games into one of those zippers (Yes, my ds collection exceeds 60 games...) This bag also includes an adjustable strap so you can sling this thing over your shoulder and go.

Overall, this has to be the best accessory I have ever purchased for my DS. Its padded protection and genius design make it a MUST have for any 3DS owner. I'm actually considering a second one..

AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases
AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases
Offered by MIRAMAR SALES
Price: $5.04
7 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery Cases, October 30, 2011
I purchased mine from Thomas Distributing and am actually a repeat customer. I love these cases. I'm not quite sure what the big deal is as far as their website being printed on the cover...a few swipes with my thumb and the writing came off. Had I of wanted to purchase more and forgotten where I purchased them from that website would have been convenient.

I haven't had any problems with these cases staying closed either. As another reviewer pointed out, a slight twist of the tabs results in a click that keeps the batteries pretty secure. Instructions are included to insure they are closed properly. I use these cases to help me organize my growing number of rechargeables so they stay inside of a drawer most days. Not sure how these would perform inside a backpack that is carried around all day....

Each case holds 4 AA or AAA batteries which is plenty for my needs and I definetely recommend them. Cheap, durable when handled around the house, and convenient!! Great buy.

VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet
VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet
13 used & new from $63.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Innotab vs Leappad...Depends on what your looking for...Entertainment or Education, October 19, 2011
I purchased both for my son who turns 4 in December. I broke down and gave my son the leappad already and am saving the innotab for christmas. Here are my thoughts so far...

Build Quailty: The leappad wins hands down. It just feels more soild. The innotab is built a little cheap and the battery cover on mine is kinda loose. Also the built in kickstand is a joke. There's no doubt that will be the first thing to break. Edited to add: Build quailty becomes less of an issue if this tablet will be given to a child age 6-8 as they are less likely to drop it and drag it around the house by the stylus like my son does with his leappad :) My son is rough on toys so the fact that the leappad it still going strong (minus some scratches) after a few falls is awesome. With cheap plastic and rubber corners that look super-glued, I'm hoping the innotab will be able to withstand a few accidents.

Included Apps: The innotab comes with 2 games(Pinball Letters and Ice Escape), 1 book (What's That Noise), an art studio, coloring book, calendar, calculator, video player, mp3 player, photo viewer, notebook, clock, and a contacts app. Additional apps can be purchased online for $2.99 each and when you register the innotab you get 3 free V.Coins which you can use towards your purchase of additional games. While vtech's apps are priced lower than that of leapfrog, the games available leave alot to be desired. Leapfrog has better downloadable games. And by better I mean the games are more polished. Seems as tho more thought has gone into leapfrogs apps when compared to vtech. Vtech's downloadable games have no depth. They are basically a bunch of mini games that look thrown together real quick to make a quick buck. Some seem a bit silly as well.

Another thing to note is that if you already have the v.reader the ebooks that are included with the cartridge games are the exact same. Disappointed that they didn't come with new stories. I also noticed that the games that come with the cartridges are VERY similar to the mobigo games. While this is a new system alot of things have just been recycled over with very little new content. This would have been a 4 star toy if I didn't have to re-purchase games I already own. Also only one profile can be made and there is no way to customize their educational level. While playing one of the downloadable games it quickly progresses to the next level without making sure the kids are really ready to move on. Other gripes include not being able to delete vtech's preloaded photos and video. Also it is extremely easy for kids to delete content you've added to the device. Not sure why they would include a delete button. So those with little ones be prepared to keep reloading content that has gone missing. (Not sure if locking the sd card will prevent deletes...will have to try and update later) Speaking of which the innotab will take up to a 16gb sd card compared to leappad's 2gb capacity.

My main reason for purchasing this was the video player and mp3 player that the leappad lacks. But with that said there isn't really any educational value in listening to music and watching videos all day. However at this price point I'm getting a portable video/mp3 player, so for entertainment purposes this hits the spot. (Videos must been in avi format in order for the innotab to play them) I purchased an 8gb sd card and uploaded Cars, Kung Fu Panda, Ice Age 3 and Toy Story 3, downloaded a few games and one extra ebook and still have over 2gb left. I haven't gotten around to uploading music and photos as of yet.

If I had to recommend one over the other I would definetely say go with the leappad because of the educational value, but it also depends on the age of the child you are purchasing it for. I see older children (ages 6-8) digging this system alot more than the leappad because of the features. Also the leappad, while educational is geared toward pre-k thru 1st grade kids...any older than that is pointless in my opinion. I just dont see kids that old being challenged by anything the leappad has to offer.

Edited to add: I have changed the recommended age for this toy to no more than 8. The more I play around with the innotab, the more I agree with other reviewers. However, my best friend has an 8 yr old daughter that wants this for christmas. So in the end, I guess it just depends on the child.
Comment Comments (103) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 11:12 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2