Profile for GBM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GBM "late 20's "kid"" RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Inova X5MT-UVT Flashlight with Ultraviolet Beam, Titanium
Inova X5MT-UVT Flashlight with Ultraviolet Beam, Titanium
Offered by Pettit Online Stores
Price: $39.63
26 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy for a paintings conservator., December 28, 2010
I use this UV flashlight for on-site examinations, in galleries, and in the studio. It was also very handy to have when giving a presentation on surface coatings. Easy to use, twists to stay on, and even illumination for a flashlight this small.

Other conservators I work with have found it useful, and are likely to purchase their own.

And yes, you can use it to find pet spots at home.

FRYE Women's Jane 14L Boot,Plum Pebbled Full Grain,11 M US
FRYE Women's Jane 14L Boot,Plum Pebbled Full Grain,11 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Frye., November 23, 2010
Size 11 fits perfectly for my 10.5W. Beautiful color, amazing leather. Received so many compliments on them. Friend also purchased them.

FRYE Women's Harness 12R Boot
FRYE Women's Harness 12R Boot
Price: $163.90 - $307.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted Frye Lover, thanks to the Harness boots., May 26, 2009
I purchased my boots in brown from Nordstroms (on a whim, and just before my wallet was stolen)! I vowed to wear the boots every day until all my accounts were settled and I had all my new id's in. Here's a summary.

Day 1 consisted of running my hands over the soft leather and admiring the buckles all day.
Day 2 was a little painful- I was on my feet all day, and I have high arches. I remedied this by adding insoles (they remain to this day!).
Days 3=7 was also painful. The seam just above the bucks was getting worn in to my ankle, and caused some sore spots. I rubbed a little oil in soften it a bit more, and wore thick socks.

After two weeks, the shoes were fully broken in, and my satisfaction took off. I wear them with everything. I get many compliments (from men and women). I need to get the pads on the base of the heels replaced, since they did fall off (these are consumable, in my opinion), and would highly recommend insoles, especially if you also have high arches. I wore these for six months straight, and only wore something else when my Frye Campus boots came in. They have a lovely patina now, and I'm sure I'll be wearing them for many years.

FRYE Women's Campus 14L Boot,Banana,11 M
FRYE Women's Campus 14L Boot,Banana,11 M
Price: $327.50
5 used & new from $327.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Adored addition to the closet., May 26, 2009
I purchased my Campus boots in banana after four months of coveting and six months of wearing my Frye Harness boots every day. I am 5'7", average build, and wear a 10.5 or 11, normally. The Frye Campus fit me perfectly from day one. (Even more comfortably than the Harness boots.) Just a finger or two extra width in the calf makes them slide on or off easily enough, the leather is incredibly supple, and extra rubber on the heel base will help it last. While there is padding and some arch support, I would recommend getting a nice pair of insoles for people who are on their feet alot. It really makes the boots unbeatable. Great for a little more height, works with dresses or jeans, fall through spring!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2012 7:53 PM PST