Profile for Ed911 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 88

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed911 "Alienplayer" RSS Feed (Eastern NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Samsung HT-E6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
Samsung HT-E6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
Offered by audio video sales guy
Price: $499.95
7 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Put Your Router on Top of the DVD / Blu-ray player..., September 20, 2014
Works great...sounds great...wonderful sound comes from this thing. I received this home entertainment system for my BD...and it has worked right out of the box and makes watching TV...especially DVD's and Blue Ray's a totally different experience. The sound...so clean, so nice...what can I say.

However, one caveat. Don't put your WIFI router on top of this system's DVD / Blu-ray player. We hid our router behind the front speaker box, which was on to of the DVD player, by laying it down on it's side, right on top of the DVD unit. Shortly after we did that, the unit started randomly shutting down, much to our chagrin. (Of course, we had no idea that the router could cause issues with the player.) We tried what we could, but were lost for ideas as to what the problem could be. Then one day, I decided to move our Motorola router off to the side, and wonder of wonders, the unit hasn't shut down since.

Note: Sometimes the unit would go for days without powering off, then it might power off twice in an hour. So, it wasn't evident that the router was the issue.

Just FYI. I see a lot of problems with these units...that could be associated with the router, if it's too close to the system. I know the remote unit for the system is infrared, and that the router is radio frequency. All I'm saying is that the router must be generating some spurious signal that caused my issue, and may be causing some of the other issues that are listed here.

I hope this helps...because this is sure a nice system. We love ours, now.

Ed

Husqvarna 639005102 Titanium Force String Trimmer Line .095-Inch by 1/2-Pound Donut
Price: $13.10
9 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great string. It came on my Husqvarna 223L and ..., September 12, 2014
I have to say, the I agree with the majority of users. This is great string. It came on my Husqvarna 223L and I bought a donut of replacement string.

Tip replacing the string: Once you wind the string on the spool, insert the spool into the housing (cup like device that surrounds the string spool.) and trap the string in their respective slots...leaving about 8 inches hanging out. Now attach the trimmer string housing to the trimmer...and you're done.

BTW...the price of string here is approximately the same as at my big box store where I purchased my 223L.

Hope this helps.

Beck Arnley 042-1825 Air Filter
Beck Arnley 042-1825 Air Filter
Price: $12.82
7 used & new from $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like advertised, September 11, 2014
This filter, when compared to the OEM product that came with the car, is as good or better. Highly recommended.

Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower
Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower
Price: $149.00
9 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware using ETHANOL fuel in your two cycle engines., September 11, 2014
To avoid unwanted problems with this unit...ONLY USE ETHANOL FREE GAS. I've read a lot of complaints about the premature failure of two cycle engines and most of it is due to gas with ETHANOL in it.

It seems that the ETHANOL can cause the oil to separate from the gas, and cause rust, carbon buildup, and premature ignition, and deteriorates plastic parts and hoses as if that isn't enough, on top of normal wear and tear. I have a 223L Husqvarna sting trimmer and it's working fine. When I purchased it, the salesman cautioned me against using gas with ETHANOL in it. I was told where I could purchase ETHANOL free gas and that's what I use...exclusively...in all my Husqvarna equipment.

This ETHANOL in gas issue is wide spread and can cause issues in all two stroke engines...regardless of manufacturer. You will be well served to find and use gas without ETHANOL in your two stroke engines. (This from Husqvarna tech support.)

Just FYI.

I just received my 125B, and I will report back on my leaf blower as soon as I've had a chance to use it. (It's raining daily here.) I just thought that, after reading about so many issues with the E-gas, that I would pass along what I've read.

BTW, Non ETHANOL gas in my area, Easter NC, costs around $4.05 per gallon, so $20.25 for a five gallon can. So, it's not expensive, especially when you consider the cost differential between non E-gas and regular gas with ETHANOL in it and how relatively little you use during a month's mowing cycle. I'm mowing my half acre and my neighbor's half acre and and I don't notice the the extra cost difference. The cost difference between E-gas (E-10) and Mid-grade w/o ETHANOL is $3.95 for five gallons. So, you can see, the cost of using gas w/o ETHANOL is negligible considering how much I've paid for my equipment, and how relatively little fuel I use a month.. What's $4.00 these days.

Here's a link that explains everything.

I just wanted to warn everyone so that you don't blame the manufacturer of your product for shoddy designs and poor quality, when it's the fuel you're using.

Non E-gas, is available at some gas stations where it's made available for RV, boat, and other two cycle use. I'm lucky to have a station near my home. At my station, it's mid-grade, 90 octane. Pumps should be clearly marked, if not, don't take the attendant's word...shop elsewhere.

One last note: Since the hose on a gas pump contains the remnants of whatever the last guy pumped, it was advised that you pump gas into you car first, and then fill you gas cans, especially when using a one gallon gas can.

Good luck.

Ed

Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Price: $25.99
92 used & new from $15.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well...get one..., August 21, 2014
These work well. I can put a razor sharp edge on my kitchen knives, once I have them sharp using this sharpener, in less than a minute. So, needless to say, I have razor sharp knives in my kitchen. How nice to be able to cut tomatoes without squishing them, or to cut through meat almost effortlessly.

I have heard some reviews, when this unit is compared to the more expensive models, say that this unit takes off too much metal when sharpening. I can't see where that is accurate. I have used mine for more than 14 years on the same knife and it's still in fine condition. So, don't let that comment bother you.

Just know that when initially sharpen your knives, that it will take a while to set the angle on the blade and bring it to a good edge. Once this had been accomplished, it is a snap to keep them sharp. I just run my through the sharpener once a week.

Note: ONLY use light pressure when using this sharpener...as is advised for all sharpeners, regardless of price, even when setting the blade angle during our initial sharpening. Take your time and you'll be very happy with the end result.

Everyone who comes to my house and uses my knives always comments on how nice it is to have a sharp knife. We purchased one for all of our children last Christmas...and they were happy to get them.

3M Peltor H6A\V Optime 95 Noise Reduction Earmuff, 1 Each
3M Peltor H6A\V Optime 95 Noise Reduction Earmuff, 1 Each
Price: $11.67
25 used & new from $9.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value for the money...recommended, August 21, 2014
Great for the gun range, or mowing the grass, or using a string trimmer. Reasonable sound reduction...in the comfortable range.

Recommended.

Pentel WOW! Ballpoint Pen, Medium Tip, Blue Barrel, Blue Ink, Box of 12 (BK440-C)
Price: $4.31
36 used & new from $1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and writes well., August 21, 2014
These are one of my favorite pens to write with, once you get the ink flowing...not a big deal to me. I love the grip and comfort fit.

Laser Stars Indoor Light Show - The Most Amazing Laser Light Show You Will See
Laser Stars Indoor Light Show - The Most Amazing Laser Light Show You Will See
Offered by Best-Price
Price: $109.94
18 used & new from $104.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd buy another one..., August 21, 2014
We love it, and our grandchildren love having it as a night light when they spend the night. It's not the real deal, but as a novelty, it's just what the doctor ordered.

Get one...highly recommended. Love the nebula effect.

Nikon LC-N40.5 Black Front Lens Cap NKD3608
Nikon LC-N40.5 Black Front Lens Cap NKD3608
Price: $6.06
4 used & new from $6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the OEM product, August 21, 2014
I purchased this lens cap for my Nikon P7700. It's a much better lens cap than the OEM cap that came with the camera.

Recommended.

SanDisk Cruzer 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ36-032G-AFFP

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with SanDisk, August 21, 2014
Great buy, with plenty of capacity. I wanted a flash drive that wouldn't fill up so quickly...and this one serves the bill.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9