Profile for Ed911 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed911 "Alienplayer" RSS Feed (Eastern NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Champion Men's Long Sleeve Tee, Granite Heather, XX-Large
Champion Men's Long Sleeve Tee, Granite Heather, XX-Large
Offered by NY Lingerie
Price: $11.77
15 used & new from $9.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price., February 24, 2015
Surprisingly nice for the price. I like the fit...and I'm 6'3". I will buy more. The shirts look nice when worn under teeshirts. I use them when I play tennis during the cooler months of the year. They're not made from a heavy weight material, but when worn as above, they provide a layering effect, so that I can skip adding a warmup jacket. If it's too cool for this set up, I just layer in a warmup jacket and keep on playing. This setup keeps me from having to wear heavier, cumbersome, restrictive clothing.

Recommended.

Georgia-Pacific Envision 26301 Brown Hardwound Roll Paper Towel, 800' Length x 7.875" Width (Case of 6 Rolls)
Price: $31.09
24 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and as advertised, February 24, 2015
It is as advertised. Arrived promptly and we use it in our restrooms. It's okay as a paper towel...just like the ones that you find in public restrooms.

I will buy again. Recommended.

Jackery® Bar Premium iPhone Charger External Battery 6000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note, Nexus, LG, HTC. Portable Battery Charger, External Charger, USB Battery Pack, iPad Charger, Travel Charger, Backup Battery (Black)
Offered by Jackery Inc
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $27.76

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd buy another one., February 24, 2015
Great product. Works like a charm. Charged my cell phone, my Kindle e-reader, and my wife used it to power her Kindle Fire HDX when her battery ran low...all on the same charge.

And, here's an added benefit. It's built in flashlight is also a emergency hurricane light with up to 490 hours of operation. That's 61 days of 8 hour a night operation. I live in an area where hurricanes have knocked out our power for up to three days. How dark is dark when there's no light...can't see your hand in front of your face dark...which means that without some light source, you have to feel your way around at night...literally. You'd be surprised how little light it takes to provide enough light to adequately light a room so that you can get around when there isn't any other light source available. This one fits the bill.

If you set this on a coffee table, or mantle, etc., and point it at the ceiling, once your eyes adjust to the luminance level, you'll have yourself a nice night light. And, it works well for hallway bathrooms where there are no windows. And, then you can also use it for charging your cell phones. Of course, there'll be a trade off, if you use it for both purposes.

So, if you're looking for a dual purpose portable power supply, this one works well. However, if you think you might want to use it in the event of a lights out hurricane, then look at the Jackery Giant...twice as big and a lot more powerful and longer battery life. My granddaughter has the Giant...and loves it.

Just be aware that charging times for the Jackery Bar and Jackery Giant are 6 hours and 11 hours respectively, and that they do come with a charging cable, but no charging power supply. I use my Apple or Kindle power supply to charge my Jackery Bar.

Other uses would be: camping, hiking, at the beach, etc.

Highly recommended...

Panasonic BK-3MCCA12SA eneloop AA New 2100 Cycle Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 12 Pack
Price: $36.60
35 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best low self discharge batteries you can buy, February 24, 2015
I have been using these rechargeable batteries for years in my off-camera flashes. I shoot weddings, outdoor events, portraits and other assignments using these batteries...great product. Before I started using "low self discharge" batteries, I thought that my off-camera flashes were battery hogs, when in fact, regular rechargeable batteries simply lose a significant amount of their charge in as little as 30 days. Sure, these aren't as powerful as the regular rechargeable batteries, but I haven't found that to be a deal breaker. You only need enough power, not more than enough. And, I don't like having to constantly recharge my batteries, which I had to do with regular rechargeable batteries.

With these, you can charge them in January and they will still be good months later. My old routine used to be, put all the batteries on the charger the day before my shoot...ugh. And, if i didn't, then I'd run the risk of having partially discharged batteries. Not good.

Anyways, highly recommended.

Jackery® Giant+ Premium Portable Charger 12000mAh External Battery with Dual USB Port for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air, Mini, Galaxy S5, Note (Black)
Offered by Jackery Inc
Price: $69.95
10 used & new from $33.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but beware of it's size., February 1, 2015
Works as advertised, but this unit is large...too large for a child to take with them as a backup to their iPhone battery....well, if your child has a backpack, then it's doable. It works well, but takes a while to charge. So, don't expect it to be done in 15 minutes. If you don't need to recharge an iPad, then I recommend the one that I just purchased. See below.

I just purchased the Jackery Bar...a 6000 ma variation of the above. I haven't received it yet, but expect that it will be great for charging my granddaughters iPhone. And, because it is much smaller, she will be more likely to take it with her.

50 Sets 16oz Plastic Soup / Food Containers with Lids
50 Sets 16oz Plastic Soup / Food Containers with Lids
Offered by Discount Craft Shop
Price: $17.95
16 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for leftovers and sending food home with the kids., February 1, 2015
We love these. 50 lids and 50 cups. We first started repurposing them after ordering wonton soup from our local purveyor. And, well, here we are, buying them.

The quality is good...similar to the ones we get with our take out. If your looking for something like these, I highly recommend them.

Shop-vac 90304 Cartridge Filter
Shop-vac 90304 Cartridge Filter
Price: $13.53
69 used & new from $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Get yours here., February 1, 2015
These OEM filters are the same as the ones that come on my shop vac and about 4 bucks cheaper than at the big box store near my home. Fit and function same as the one that came with my 14 gallon Shop-vac.

After using my shop vac for that last 4 years, I would suggest that you consider using bags in your Shop-vac...especially if you are picking up very fine particles...like drywall dust or mortar mix. These paper filters aren't meant to replace bags. I hear a lot of complaints saying that the vacuum's motor burned up only after a short time. It's usually because the filters have become clogged.

Get your bags here when you order your new filters. They're also cheaper here and Shop-vac brand name.

I highly recommend both. And, will buy both again.

Bastex Heavy Duty Hybrid Case for iPhone 4, 4S, 4G, 4GS, 4th Generation - Green Silicone / Blue Hard Shell

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works, February 1, 2015
Works great...looks just like it does in this picture. My granddaughter has dropped her iPhone many times and it's still intact...no screen damage yet. Highly recommended.

EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Black Grips
EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Black Grips
Offered by wonder sales
Price: $12.00
14 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in America...get one, February 1, 2015
Made in America. Great product...buy one. I bought two. One for my wife and one for my daughter. Neither of them like using electric can openers. And, both love this one. History: Why did we need to buy new can openers? My daughter's Chinese piece of junk just up and broke, and the gears in ours (same brand) were poorly manufactured and would grind and click when you opened cans. So, facing buying more Chinese junk, we decided to purchase these. And, what a great idea that turned out to be. Smooth operation, easily opens any can you try it on, and we supported American manufacturing. If we, Americans don't support our own country, who will...

And for the price, considering the lifespan of this well built American product...what's a few bucks extra spread out over a couple of decades of service.

No, I don't work for EZ. I just can't stand how our country has become dependent on foreign manufacturing...especially when it's junk.

By the way, this unit is available at WM...it's down on the bottom of the rack...I guess that's where Walmart puts American pride. Look for the colorful red, white, and blue packaging.

Mirka 23-615-080  5"  8-Hole 80 Grit Dustless Hook & Loop Sanding Discs - 50 Pack
Mirka 23-615-080 5" 8-Hole 80 Grit Dustless Hook & Loop Sanding Discs - 50 Pack
Price: $19.72
9 used & new from $15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy..., February 1, 2015
Work as advertised. Better than buying them at the big box stores. I have been using these for a couple of years and highly recommend them to anyone needing sanding disks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11