Profile for Ed911 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed911 "Alienplayer" RSS Feed (Eastern NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Bastex Heavy Duty Hybrid Case for iPhone 4, 4S, 4G, 4GS, 4th Generation - Green Silicone / Blue Hard Shell

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works, February 1, 2015
Works great...looks just like it does in this picture. My granddaughter has dropped her iPhone many times and it's still intact...no screen damage yet. Highly recommended.

EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Black Grips
EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Black Grips
Offered by MANHATTAN_SPORTS
Price: $9.15
12 used & new from $9.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in America...get one, February 1, 2015
Made in America. Great product...buy one. I bought two. One for my wife and one for my daughter. Neither of them like using electric can openers. And, both love this one. History: Why did we need to buy new can openers? My daughter's Chinese piece of junk just up and broke, and the gears in ours (same brand) were poorly manufactured and would grind and click when you opened cans. So, facing buying more Chinese junk, we decided to purchase these. And, what a great idea that turned out to be. Smooth operation, easily opens any can you try it on, and we supported American manufacturing. If we, Americans don't support our own country, who will...

And for the price, considering the lifespan of this well built American product...what's a few bucks extra spread out over a couple of decades of service.

No, I don't work for EZ. I just can't stand how our country has become dependent on foreign manufacturing...especially when it's junk.

By the way, this unit is available at WM...it's down on the bottom of the rack...I guess that's where Walmart puts American pride. Look for the colorful red, white, and blue packaging.

Mirka 23-615-080  5"  8-Hole 80 Grit Dustless Hook & Loop Sanding Discs - 50 Pack
Mirka 23-615-080 5" 8-Hole 80 Grit Dustless Hook & Loop Sanding Discs - 50 Pack
Price: $19.72
10 used & new from $15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy..., February 1, 2015
Work as advertised. Better than buying them at the big box stores. I have been using these for a couple of years and highly recommend them to anyone needing sanding disks.

Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Black Vertical Back Metal Restaurant Chair With Black Vinyl Seat
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: $47.42
21 used & new from $35.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Look nice around my dinning room table., February 1, 2015
I would rate these a five, but one of them came with the paint rubbed off on the back of the chair. If they had all arrived unscathed, and in excellent shape, I would have given them 5 stars.

GUM Proxabrush Go-Betweens Cleaners - Ultratight Pack of (3)
GUM Proxabrush Go-Betweens Cleaners - Ultratight Pack of (3)
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $14.51
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered...., February 1, 2015
If you have braces, which I do, or just don't have time to floss, these are great. I love them. My dental hygienist gave me a couple, and I then purchased these. Highly recommended.

O-Cedar Professional 24" Multi-Surface Push Broom
O-Cedar Professional 24" Multi-Surface Push Broom
Offered by O-Cedar
Price: $21.99
7 used & new from $15.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good broom, January 13, 2015
Five stars because it's got a nice attachment feature for the handle. This broom's handle won't slip or twist. We use it to sweep off our deck and it's just what we wanted. I would order again. Recommended, if you're looking for a good broom.

Oriental Weavers 8026X Aston Area Rug, 6-Feet 7-Inch by 9-Feet 3-Inch, Brown/Red
Offered by Koeckritz
Price: $279.00
2 used & new from $279.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, January 13, 2015
Nice for the price...we like ours...soft, nice feel on bare feet. Colors look nice, as pictured. We would order again. It was shipped in a roll, so it was just remove the plastic wrap and lay it out. Easy peasy.

Canvas Web Belt Military Style with Black Buckle and Tip 56" Long Many Colors (Black)
Offered by BC Wear
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not what you think...beware..., January 13, 2015
I too have had the same problems with these web belts being too thin. Belts slip through the buckles, or / and buckles are hard to operate. My remedy was to go to Vanguard Industries website and order the real thing...about $12 dollars plus shipping...so, order more than one belt in different colors and it's a better deal. Their product is the same as I used in the military, and worth every penny.

Remember, military style doesn't mean military quality, just military "look-a-like."

These knockoff belts and buckles are typical of copies that are low in price and performance.

G.I. Type P-51 Can Opener - 10 Pack
G.I. Type P-51 Can Opener - 10 Pack
Offered by AmmoCanMan
Price: $5.47
12 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine are good quality...like the military model..., November 4, 2014
I ordered and received mine...a bulk pack of 50 from Allegheny Surplus. No, mine aren't marked with any logo. Yes, they are durable. Some have said that theirs are aluminum...or some other cheap material.

I bought a bulk pack, so that I could give some away...family, friends, and put a couple here and there.

True story, During hurricane Irene, we lost our power...no problem...broke out the camping gear...stove, etc. Brought out the canned goods, looked in the usual place for the WalMart value brand manual can opener...what...no can opener. It seems that once we had two...and now none...hmm. Well, long story short, our kids are / were campers and when they prepared to go camping, they took both of our manual can openers, at different times, and didn't return either of them.

Dang...not good. So, I remembered my trusty P-38: the one I'd once owned and used back in the 70's as, a Marine, and thought how nice it'd be to have one now. So, when I ran across these, years later, I ordered a bulk pack.

I've heard others say that they tried to open cans and the product bent the first time they tired to use it. I tried to bend one of the ones that I have left. No dice...not bending...hands hurt to bad to continue.

I have no complaints...mine are identical to the real ones...should they not be the real ones.

The ones that I have are good SURVIVAL QUALITY can openers.

Just FYI. Do I know where mine were made...nope...

Just know this about the government. They change suppliers from time to time and there is no telling how many suppliers have made the P-51 for the government during the time they were in use.

Samsung HT-E6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
Samsung HT-E6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
Offered by THE TV STORE
Price: $449.99
6 used & new from $350.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Put Your Router on Top of the DVD / Blu-ray player..., September 20, 2014
Works great...sounds great...wonderful sound comes from this thing. I received this home entertainment system for my BD...and it has worked right out of the box and makes watching TV...especially DVD's and Blue Ray's a totally different experience. The sound...so clean, so nice...what can I say.

However, one caveat. Don't put your WIFI router on top of this system's DVD / Blu-ray player. We hid our router behind the front speaker box, which was on to of the DVD player, by laying it down on it's side, right on top of the DVD unit. Shortly after we did that, the unit started randomly shutting down, much to our chagrin. (Of course, we had no idea that the router could cause issues with the player.) We tried what we could, but were lost for ideas as to what the problem could be. Then one day, I decided to move our Motorola router off to the side, and wonder of wonders, the unit hasn't shut down since.

Note: Sometimes the unit would go for days without powering off, then it might power off twice in an hour. So, it wasn't evident that the router was the issue.

Just FYI. I see a lot of problems with these units...that could be associated with the router, if it's too close to the system. I know the remote unit for the system is infrared, and that the router is radio frequency. All I'm saying is that the router must be generating some spurious signal that caused my issue, and may be causing some of the other issues that are listed here.

I hope this helps...because this is sure a nice system. We love ours, now.

Ed