Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Just Trying to Help > Reviews

Browse

Just Trying to H...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 831
Top Reviewer Ranking: 732

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just Trying to Help RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Happy Belly Breakfast Blend Organic Fairtrade Coffee, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 12 ounce
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee , but not quite as good as freshly roasted., June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In the world of coffee there are a lot of choices. There are a seemingly infinite amount of coffee brands out there, in the same way that there are countless brands of high end chocolate.

Happy Belly coffee is good coffee. Unfortunately, fair trade and organic isn't very unique in the java world. What I mean is that you don't have to look very far to find fair trade organic coffee. Particularly among companies who roast their own coffee. So, the coffee has to taste great also.

The question is, is it GREAT java. And for me the answer was "not really". I buy freshly roasted coffee regularly, and by freshly roasted, I mean it was roasted in the last week to two weeks. And my other coffee is fair trade and organic and etc etc.

Happy Belly is good coffee, and its very likely better than what you already drink. But, if you are buying freshly roasted coffee, you may find that its "good but not great".

BURTON Women's Crystal Pullover Hoodie, Medium, True Black
BURTON Women's Crystal Pullover Hoodie, Medium, True Black
Price: $65.80
3 used & new from $63.37

4.0 out of 5 stars I also like how it has the thumb holes so that I ..., June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very surprised at the light material that is used to make this hoodie. while not necessarily light in weight, it is very thin.

It is very soft, and it has a quilted sort of pattern. the hood crosses over in the front, keeping your neck warm.

I also like how it has the thumb holes so that I can keep my hands slightly covered. the seams are very nice with good attention to detail. The stitching is high quality.

The zippers are also high quality, although, I do wish there was a little zipper pull attached. Like some piece of ribbon or cloth.

the zippers in the front are for a big pocket, but has a mesh backing, so they could also be used for some ventilation. The same pocket has a hole for your earbuds to come out of your phone, although I didn't like the feeling of the phone bouncing in the pocket when I did any exercise.

Its very sporty and lightweight. Overall, I really like it.

Zinus Memory Foam 8 Inch Green Tea Mattress, King
Zinus Memory Foam 8 Inch Green Tea Mattress, King
Price: $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars have to see how the antioxidants work out, but other wise very satisfied!, June 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mattress is very comfortable. I"m still not that sure about the green tea part. I mean, just how much antioxidant power it has. I think some kind of silver care would be much more compelling as far as killing germs, because thats an innate property of silver.

I did get it because of the green tea antioxidants, so, thats why I'm saying this.

The bed was delivered quickly and is very easy to unpack. It formed its correct shape quickly.

I will have to tell you in the future how well it works out, if it holds on.

It has a firm underlayer and a soft top, which is great.

Overall I am very happy with it. no complaints!

WORKPRO W009037A 322-Piece Tool Kit w/ Carry Bag
WORKPRO W009037A 322-Piece Tool Kit w/ Carry Bag
Price: $149.90
2 used & new from $149.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Better quality than I was expecting., June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is generally higher quality than it appears to be in the pictures. I was expecting a little less quality.

The tool bag is robust and strong, including the zippers. The bag has pocket on the outside and the inside. For the most part, the tools just get jumbled up but you can organize them a little. I left the ratchet set in the cardboard box until I need it, to keep things from getting too crazy in there.

The tools, while a bit ugly looking in their color scheme, have a good heft and work well. Extra razor blades are included. The razor seems nearly identical to my Kobalt branded one.

I did find myself wishing that the allen keys were separate. If the manufacturer wants to put them all on one folding tool, at least they could give them ball tips so that you have a bit more ease of use in tight situations. You also lose the a ability to use the long arm or the short arm.

The level is a bit insubstantial, but has a magnet attached to it.

The pliers have a bit of dirty grease around the hinge, I would recommend you clean it off because it will stain your shirt.

Overall, these are minor gripes. It is a solid tool kit, and as I said before, it is better quality than I was expecting.

Adtech 0564 Pro Touch Caulk Kit
Adtech 0564 Pro Touch Caulk Kit
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the pain out of caulking, June 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those few products thats actually a joy to use.

The only drawback is you are limited to white caulk. I searched to see if I could find almond color or clear color, but I can't find that even on adtech's website. So I guess its not coming anytime soon. My house has almost no white surfaces, so this is disappointing. But, in the few places that were white (the toilets and one tub) the pro touch caulk kit worked fantastically.

Highly recommend, takes the pain out of caulking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2016 11:03 AM PDT

Hilly Men's Twin Skin Anklet Socks, White/Electric Blue/Azure, Large
Hilly Men's Twin Skin Anklet Socks, White/Electric Blue/Azure, Large
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars great technical sock for athletic use, June 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
this is a high quality sock to be sure. I'm not entirely sure that I deserve such a good sock. Fit is superb. I enjoy doing all kind of outdoor things. I live in a very humid climate and the wicking technology that this sock has is very much appreciated. But I'm not sure my existing shoes have the ventilation needed to take good advantage of it ;)

Overall I think its a great sock at a fair price, considering the technical nature of the construction and materials.

InStyler MAX WET TO DRY 2-Way Rotating Iron, White
InStyler MAX WET TO DRY 2-Way Rotating Iron, White
Offered by Wholesale Fulfillment AZ
Price: $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for people who don't wash their hair every single day, June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having never tried the other version of this product, I found it to work well.

The best results were not when I stepped out of the shower with sopping wet hair, but when I re-wet my hair and straightened it. I don't wash my hair every single day, so this is a viable alternative for me. I can see where someone who had to wash their hair every day would have a bit of a problem with it because I don't really see it as a "hair drying device" but as a "device that can style and dry damp hair".

It does have a little bit of a learning curve, as with any new hair care product, so try not to get frustrated.

FILA Stability Ball with Pump, 65cm
FILA Stability Ball with Pump, 65cm
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality ball, forget the pump, June 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok so in case you missed it this ball is for people 5'6 to 5'11. It's medium sized, so clearly if you are taller you want a large, or smaller of you are petite.

The instructions recommend you use a compressor for the initial inflation, I would recommend this as well. The included pump is a generic hand pump, I've seen it before in other products. The pump is not branded in any way.

The ball has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. it recommends that you never place the ball on any ink, as it will stain the ball. Like newspaper or magazines.

3 plugs are included, as well as some stretching exercises.

The ball itself is good quality. It's branded as Fila but is made by Gaiam.

Retrospec 5-in-1 Bike and Ball Floor Pump, Silver
Retrospec 5-in-1 Bike and Ball Floor Pump, Silver
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Check the leaflet before use!, May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am curious to see how long this Retrospect pump holds up.

I really enjoyed my Retrospec Bicycles Floor Pump that I received January of last year, but it stopped working 15 months after I got it. I really expect pumps to last longer.

This pump is upgraded from that unit in several ways. The pump handle is nicer, for example. The accessories tray has been redesigned. But the main connector still is the same.

Interestingly, there were actual instructions on how to use the pump which were included. You have the lever in one position for presta valves, and another position for schrader valves. So you may want to check that before use, instead of tossing it to the side without reading it. I actually don't care for this, because I am not the only one who uses the pump . This information is not available on their website and is not printed on the pump (as near as I can see). So, I'd like to see some improvement on that if possible.

The pump works great, just like the last one. I just hope that it holds up longer.

Orbit 57950 B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor 12 Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller
Orbit 57950 B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor 12 Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller
Price: $118.99
3 used & new from $118.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Both units seem very similar in that they can use wifi to check the weather to try to predict the best watering schedule for you, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received and installed my Orbit 57950 at about the same time that my friend installed a Rachio Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller, 8 Zone 2nd Generation. Both units seem very similar in that they can use wifi to check the weather to try to predict the best watering schedule for you. But I haven't been able to see a big benefit between one or the other yet.

The predictive water measuring using the weather is a nice feature. It seems to be more reliable than using a rain sensor. My attitude on this is that if its an overcast day, the lawn probably still doesn't need water even if it doesn't actually rain.

Installation was easy, just requiring a couple of screws and some simple wiring. The instructions are clear and easily understandable.

Overall it was a breeze to install, and I like the iOS software. I give it a hearty thumbs up!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20