Profile for Just Trying to Help > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 363

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just Trying to Help RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dyna Glo DG500C Premium Grill Cover, Large
Dyna Glo DG500C Premium Grill Cover, Large
Price: $69.00
7 used & new from $55.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not loving the big chunky handles., June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This grill cover is very high quality. using the supplied measurements, I tried the "Large" and it fit my Duane grill very nicely. The construction is pretty amazing, although I am not sure I quite agree/understnd they handles on each side. While the handles make removal easier, they seem like they would get dirty quickly as my leaf blower always stirs up a lot of dust. I think I would have preferred it without the big chunky handles. The handles are clearly over engineered. Sure they are beefy as heck, but their only job is to... you know... pick up the grill cover. And get dirty.

The Start of Me and You
The Start of Me and You
by Emery Lord
Price: $13.68
65 used & new from $8.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, now i have a new author!, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a great book. Both my daughter (13) and my wife read the book and thought that the author did a great job. I'm buying the other book by the author today because they liked it so much. Solid characters, good ideas, really fun to read. Always nice to get introduced to a great author.

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Price: $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts are my own again!!!, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tinfoil hats made with this product are 20% more effective! (Based on empirical evidence only, no clinical trials performed)

Worried about secret organizations and supernatural nasties reading your thoughts?
Need that extra security that only a head mounted faraday cage can provide?

Reynolds wrap has done it again! Just use some lemon juice on the inside of the box to discover complete instructions for making your own tinfoil hat (be careful, if you use too much or too little lemon juice nothing will appear!)

Ok folks, I'm just kidding. No seriously, the real review starts here.

This is the high quality aluminum foil, in fact, on the box it says there is an Unconditional Guarantee, offering complete satisfaction or your money refunded. I somehow doubt its cost effective to send them this roll of aluminum foil in return for the purchase price.

I'd never read a box of tinfoil before, but they recommend it for wrapping sandwiches in, and "Foil doubles as a placemat". As if you couldn't have figured that out for yourself while you were eating your sandwich. It also recommends that you cover hangers with tin foil to keep clothes from sliding off. And if your aglets gone missing you can replace it with tinfoil! The possibilities are endless.

They forgot my favorite use for tinfoil: emergency giftwrap. But hey, maybe that trick is on a different box.

Belkin MIXIT 6-Inch Metallic Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Silver)
Offered by Titan Direct
Price: $19.29
2 used & new from $19.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cable., June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Looks very nice for a cable, metal connectors look much nicer than typical plastic fare and the braided cable cover looks better too.
Cable is very flexible, you can bend it in an S easily despite its short length.
Cable seems and feels sturdier than equivalent cables.
Short length is meant for very specific uses, computers with center mounted USB ports won't be able to charge with this.
Works nicely on my keyboard port, had no problems with operation.
Charging time is in line with equivalent cables.
While packaging said for iPhone 5S, it worked just fine with my iPhone 6 as well.

STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
Price: $39.99
26 used & new from $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Mass produced high quality paddle: one size fits all is rarely perfect but a good paddle regardless, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a table at work and play during breaks, which means that we play a lot more than some casual players. At the same time we are by no means experts or pros.

This paddle performs very well and seems to be a good paddle for exactly what we use it for. As anyone who has played for a while knows, you can order custom paddles with all levels of foam and rubbers. But if you are playing often (but not seriously) like we do, we really do not want to get into that kind of stuff. At the same time, we need paddles that are nicer than the cheap "Franklin" brand paddles.

This paddle is perfect for all of that. As with any mass produced item, it has a "one size fits all" build which means that there are play styles and techniques that it is not perfectly suited for. On the other hand, if you were giving a paddle as a gift you probably wouldn't know what the "optimum" paddle for the recipient is anyway.

I would cringe at the thought of spending close to $150 for 4 of these, but, as with any game, taking things to the next level requires a financial investment. It is convenient and of good quality, and so, I think its a reasonable purchase.

Bosch 40322 SteelTech Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 40322 SteelTech Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
Offered by HomeOnline
Price: $19.98
2 used & new from $8.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great easy to install, the quality you would expect from Bosch., June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These windshield wipers are a snap to install and I like them a lot better than the rainX brand ones that I was previously using. The RainX did not last very long. On the other hand we've been getting an enormous amount of rain here lately.

I can only provide my opinion from my own observations and comparing them to other windshield wipers that I have tried, and these are very nice.

Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra, White, 34D
Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra, White, 34D
Price: $20.63
8 used & new from $18.25

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The biggest thing you should know about this item is that it has no adjustments in the front or in the back., only on the shoulders. Because of theis you may want to buy it a little on the small side so that it is more snug.

It is very comfortable, being made of a stretchy material. It has a very nice feel without having too much padding.

Overall it is very good.

Immortal Guardians (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, Book 1)
Immortal Guardians (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, Book 1)
by Eliot Schrefer
Price: $9.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book falls into a relatively large category of books which are neither "must read" nor "avoid completely".

The book is enjoyable by children but not by more mature people (including mature children). My daughter told mean an unemphatic way that she "liked" it, but she didn't fall in love with it like she does with some series.

Should you immediately embark on a quest to acquire this book and read it the same day? No.

But if you should happen to come across it and have some time then certainly you would probably enjoy it.

The tie in to the online game was unwelcome. There are a plethora of chintzy online games with tie ins to movies, books, and toys. To be honest I did not check out the online game, so I do not know if theirs is "chintzy" or not, but I'm really tired of the online game tie-in marketing ploy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2015 6:36 AM PDT

Elixir(R)  Strings Electric Bass Strings 14782 Stainless Steel 5 String Light/Medium, Long Scale Coated Steel Bass Guitar Strings, Light
Elixir(R) Strings Electric Bass Strings 14782 Stainless Steel 5 String Light/Medium, Long Scale Coated Steel Bass Guitar Strings, Light
Price: $49.40
2 used & new from $49.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, nice tone., June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great sound, nice tone. I really like these strings, they feel good. I have never used Elixir strings before. These are excellent. Nice tone, nice action, nice feel.

Holmes HEPA Type Desktop Air Purifier, 3 Speeds plus Optional Ionizer, HAP242-NUC
Price: $31.21
63 used & new from $31.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Plain, loud, adequate, June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had an older version of this same unit (same manufacturer). These are nice little HEPA filters, nothing too special about them.

Compared to the older unit there is a new detail that I do not like very much. And that is the fact that the filter is held in place by a separate bracket. So the filter does not clip to the unit itself: there is the filter, a small "I" shaped bracket, and the main blower unit.

The reason I do not like the bracket is because I can see where it might be thrown out accidentally if it stays attached to the filter. And I do not know if replacement filters come with the bracket, or if you are supposed to re-use the backet.

I suspect that someone had to redesign the filter and this is some kind of compromise.

In other respects, the unit is plain (if not a bit ugly) and institutional looking with its beige and grey exterior. Controls are provided in the form of clunky feeling slider bars. It seems to do an adequate job filtering the air in the room. I've tried using it with and without the electrostatic action "on" and can't see much of a difference. It is louder than many hepa filters, which may not be a big deal if you like to hear "white noise" in the background.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20