Profile for Just Trying to Help > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 184

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just Trying to Help RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 4th Gen, iPad mini, and iPod touch 7th Gen, 4 Feet (Pink)
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, very nice, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A nice high quality cable.

Its a reasonable price and you'll never confuse it for someone else's thanks to the bright pink color.

Overall I'm very pleased. Will update in the future if it breaks.

GoPole REACH - 14-40" Telescoping Extension Pole for GoPro Cameras 36-102cm
GoPole REACH - 14-40" Telescoping Extension Pole for GoPro Cameras 36-102cm
Offered by GoPole Mounts & Accessories
Price: $54.99
2 used & new from $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good for overhead shots, but not side angle., December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice extension for your GoPro camera. The grip is comfortable and its great for doing overhead shots. I would have liked to have seen a rotation point near the camera mount, a 45 degree joint would be fine, with a 90 degree rotation possible on the camera. then it would be possible to get the side angle shot. But for the money, this one is fine.

I like how the wrist strap screws into the same place where a tripod would go, but, I'm not a fan of products that have detachable accessories that can get lost or misplaced. Its too bad that you can't attach/store the wrist strap elsewhere. While I'd like to pretend that I am very organized, when I'm actually shooting video I'm prone to "stuffing things in pockets" and I can see this strap being something that I would lose easily.

The telescoping mechanism is the same old fashioned "twist and lock" type that we've seen for years on a variety of products. GoPole does a good job of implementing this, its smooth enough and as long as you know exactly how long you want it to be you'll be fine.

I don't have any other extension poles to compare it to, but this one works well and is sturdy, I would recommend it.

AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars great for cub scout campouts!, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son really likes this, he is in cub scouts, and so the idea of having a glow in the dark water bottle is really great for camp outs. At night in the tent when he is going to fall asleep and wants a sip of water, its really easy to find.

I'm not sure I like the flip over cover, my son is not a germophobe, so he really doesn't use cover at all. I DO see the point to it but its something that I flip on and he flips off.

The loop is great for clipping onto a carabiner but is hard to move and to use. Would have been nice if it had come with a carabiner to hook onto a belt or belt loop.

The volume is probably about right for a cub scout. My son is only 6 so its larger than what he needs right now, but, I'm sure in a couple of years it will be just right. So I only fill it half way so its not unnecessarily heavy.

Overall I'm very pleased and my son really likes it.

Graphic Skinz Design Studio Motorized Vacuum Chamber for Boys Includes Machine, 3 Models and 30 Transfer Skinz (45916AA-4)
Offered by ModWare
Price: $39.88
31 used & new from $16.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Kind of a strange craft kit., December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
customizing things is really cool, but this is a bit of a strange craft kit.

at the time of this writing, its pretty cheap at $20 for the basic kit, but the refills are $15 each. I haven't bought a refill yet, but, by the time you've bought two or three refills you've spent $50 to $70 which seems a bit expensive.

One thing I didn't like about the patterns is that it wasn't possible to make a normal looking shark, truck, or spider. Yes, its cool to have diamond plate steel look, but, i felt there were not enough skins included. I'm all for creativity, but the only real choice here is "chaos", and by chaos I mean the truck will not look like a cool customized machine, it will look like a collection of parts from the junk yard.

for small kids this is no matter whatsoever, they happily apply mismatched stuff and its great to be that age. But for older kids (10+) there isn't any real chance of creativity. You can't really expand your horizons and try new things, you just need to apply the skins until you run out.

The refill kits seem like they have a LOT more skins, so, if you are considering getting this as a gift then I think you REALLY want to buy one to two refill kits and give all three items the same day. Unlike the venerable "spirograph" which just needed more pens and paper to continue the fun, this item is useless as soon as the skins run out.

My 6 year old thought it was really cool, but the older kids just felt it was gimmicky. Its not that easy to use, so I feel like its a bit of a contradiction.

To improve it: I would like to see

ZUME GAMES Flying Dizk, Green
ZUME GAMES Flying Dizk, Green
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Soft, good flyer, December 1, 2014
This review is from: Zume Games Dizk (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This flying disk is surprisingly soft, which makes it a good choice to use with children who may flinch while learning to catch things.

It does weigh more than a traditional frisbee, and, if you are really "hustling" with your throws you may find the softness to work against you because it will want to wrap over your hand during a quick turn, more so than a traditional frisbee.

I would say this is best for kids, I wouldn't give it to a college student. The price is about right.

Pure Protein Coconut Water, Tropical Mango, 4 Count
Pure Protein Coconut Water, Tropical Mango, 4 Count
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No coconut flavor, mostly mango and stevia, November 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is good for a change of pace, the flavor is of course different from Vanilla and Chocolate.

The flavor is the real story here. I'm not a big fan of coconut, and there was no coconut flavor. Its all mango and stevia flavored. You know how stevia has a slightly different flavor than other sugars.

I found it to be a little difficult to drink at first. My wife reports that the first taste is not so good but the aftertaste is better. I guess my reaction was a bit different.

Its a lot different than most protein drinks. for one thing it is clear, but it still seems thick.

Anyway if you are really tired of Chocolate and Vanilla, the flavor grows on you over time. So you could give it a try.

Offered by BuyHerbs
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fantastic, great price, November 25, 2014
I review a lot of products, and its pretty rare that I can say that I "love" a product and really enjoy using it.

But that is the case with the Nutrigold Organic Coconut Oil. I love it.

I'm not a big fan of coconut. I never have eaten it very much. So this review is guaranteed to come from a non-coconut-lover.

However there is a lot to like. The scent is very good... almost tasty.

And I really love how the oil is a solid, but your body temperature turns it into an oil. This makes it FAR FAR easier to handle than other oils. This makes it WAAAY easier to use. You can really get just the right amount and not waste any, making it even better than any lotion I have ever tried. And the Coconut oil is absorbed very easily.

(Now, if you have really chapped skin you probably want to go for Aquaphor, which reigns as the "supreme repairer of skin", however, it is neither organic nor is it fun to use (super greasy but super effective).)

I was previously using this Neutrogena product: Neutrogena Body Oil, Light Sesame Formula, 16 Ounce but it has some chemicals in it which are a bit concerning. Your skin is an organ, and it absorbs all kinds of stuff which can then enter your body. Thats why there is such a thing as Caffeinated Soap Peppermint Scent 4.5oz. At least with the NutriGold product you know that whats entering your body through your skin is natural.

Unlike the more expensive Nature's Bounty Organic coconut oil, the Nutrigold product is non-greasy.

Honestly, its just great. Its a pleasure to give it 5 stars.

This product was provided as a review sample with no obligation to review. However, considering that I have tried other coconut oils and other skin products in general, I think that I was able to give a fair and impartial review.

Natures Bounty Optimal Solutions Coconut Oil, 7 Ounce
Natures Bounty Optimal Solutions Coconut Oil, 7 Ounce
Price: $10.77
16 used & new from $5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars slightly greasy but very good, November 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This organic coconut oil is very good. I've been using it in the colder weather.

Now I have to warn you that nothing beats Aquaphor Healing Ointment Dry, Cracked and Irritated Skin Protectant, 14 oz Jar for dealing with damaged skin, chapped lips, or tissue induced "red nose" syndrome. If you need serious skin treatment Aquaphor is the way to go. But often I don't want to use Aquaphor.

Lately I've been trying coconut oil and Nature's bounty is very good. It has a nice aroma, even though I've never liked coconut very much. I really like how the coconut oil is a solid but turns into an oil very shortly after you touch it. This makes it very manageable to use and totally different than using a lotion.

I've used it as a massage oil for my wife, since it is lacking some of the unseemly chemicals that were in Neutrogena Body Oil, Light Sesame Formula, 16 Ounce. The sesame oil used to be our top pick.

I would encourage you to give it a try if you are considering it. The Natures Bounty is slightly greasy. I prefer NutriGold Organic Coconut Oil, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Extra-Virgin (Use for Cooking, Hair and Skin Health) Certified Organic and Non-GMO - 16 Oz. (1 Pound), which I also use. But this one is very good.

Baofeng Pofung GT-1 UHF 400-470MHz FM Two-way Ham Radio, 16 Channels, 1800mAh Battery (Yellow)
Offered by Sanatop
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super simple operation., November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several walkie talkies of different types. This one is super simple to operate and may be superior to my other more complicated ones.

One of the big things you notice about this radio is that there is no display. This is kind of a nice change of pace and certainly lowers the cost. When you turn it on it says "power on". Unfortunately, there is no "power indicator light" that I can see, you know, a little red glowing LED that tells you that it is on. I kind of miss that, but I know its a constant small drain of battery power. Certainly it must be less than a display.

So there is a voice that tells you that the power is on and what channel you are on. Its very obvious when you are on channel 1 or channel 16 because the knob won't turn any further.

There is a small "flashlight" in the form of an LED that turns on when you press the upper button. This is a strange addition (to me anyway) but in pitch black it is useful enough. If you are out and the moon is bright then its not that useful. I have a big selection of flashlights in different sizes so I wouldn't use it, and I think most outdoorsy people wouldn't use the integrated LED lamp either.

I really like the heft of the unit, it feels so solid in your hand.

Battery life seems good. It supports push to talk which is nice.

Overall I think its a good buy for the money.

Star Wars Immune Support Gummies, 120 Count
Star Wars Immune Support Gummies, 120 Count
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids like them, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The kids like them. At this time of year they need immune support to be sure. doesn't have the funky smell of other kids gummies. Bottle has a nice big opening, so its easy for small hands to grab a gummie when its tipped to the side.

Certainly not a substitute for proper fruits and vegetables in the diet, but a nice supplement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20