Profile for Just Trying to Help > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 333

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just Trying to Help RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Elegant Modern Lattice Lace 100% Polyester Machine Washable Shower Curtain 72x72, White
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to industrial quality without the obvious durability, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off you should note that if you purchase this item you will need to supply your own shower hooks OR buy some on Amazon. You will also need to buy a shower curtain liner. This is obvious to those of us who have bought these before, but it may be new news for some people.

The quality of this shower curtain is very reasonable for the price. The rough nature of the curtain reminds me a little bit of an industrial quality construction, although, it doesn't have the thickness of an industrial (hotel style) shower curtain.

The tagline says that it is "modern lace" and I think that is pretty fair. This lacy curtain has a lot of "holes" by its nature, which gives it a light aspect. It also means it lets some airflow pass through.

Overall its a fair product for the price.

DII Elegant, Modern Lattice Lace, Machine Washable Window Curtain Treatment, White, 50x84"
Price: $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They are nice curtains but nothing really special - suitable for the price point, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a perfectly servicable pair of lace curtains. While it says that it is modern it is still a lace curtain. There is definitely more "old world charm" than there is "new modern style" in this product. (Its made in China)

The curtain itself is pretty cheap, both in the material selection and the construction. But at its price point its fair. The quality is good for the price, and they do a good job overall.

Bic Soleil Bella 4 Blade Disposable Razor for Women 3 Count
Bic Soleil Bella 4 Blade Disposable Razor for Women 3 Count
Offered by WISHBOX
Price: $10.22
20 used & new from $2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice disposable razors, won't replace my regular shaver but great for trips., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works well. The handle shape was easy enough to use without being too clunky. I liked the slim shape. These are disposable, and they are handy to take on a trip and leave behind in the trash, but, they are a bit too nice to be using all the time. For me, these disposables are an occasional thing. I even left one in the car, just in case :)

Nature Babycare Eco Fragrance-Free Wipes Travel Pack, 20 wipes per pack, 12 Count
Price: $30.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Not flushable, also seems a bit dry., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I like the product ideals, being eco-friendly and all, my initial impression of them is that they are a bit on the dry side and were more irritating to sensitive areas than other brands. Also, you are not supposed to flush these wipes, which kind of reminds me of the diaper pail days. But they did work well at a track meet for most of my family, when the toilet paper runs out. The kids are a lot less sensitive "down there" and there were no problems whatsoever for them.

I received more than one pack, so I'm going to try the second pack and see if they are equally dry.

essie Nail Color, Metallics, Good as Gold
essie Nail Color, Metallics, Good as Gold
Price: $8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good drying time, nice color, good durability, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is a nice color and the brush works really well.

I like how you don't have to give it two coats to give it a strong color. However, you will have to give a second coat if you want the nail polish to be durable. With only one coat it will start chipping off quickly.

Drying time was very good, even in a humid environment.

Great "gold" luster.

Overall a very nice nail polish.

Old El Paso Hard And Soft Taco Dinner Kit, 11.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Old El Paso Hard And Soft Taco Dinner Kit, 11.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Price: $12.00
7 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR WHAT IT IS, its acceptable., May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had a chance to try this out last night. We used ground pork instead of ground beef, and the results are ok.

This is not healthy food by any stretch, nor is it even passably good tex mex. I will only say its high in salt and will not bore you with a nutrition "discussion" because if you are buying this you probably aren't that worried about "healthy eating" for whatever reason.

We have a reason... we only use these kits when we want our 11 year old to cook dinner because its a great way to keep track of a few different things that need to be done... how to chop an onion, browning meat, get all the toppings ready, etc.

The hard taco shells were a little too small for my liking. The soft tacos were acceptable for the quality of kit that this is (nothing like good tortillas of course). I think the mix of the hard and soft tacos was nice. I would have preferred to have the "stand and stuff" taco shells because they hold more stuffing. Its hard to fit in the freshly chopped onion, tomato, and diced serrano peppers that AREN'T included in this kit.

Yeah I added a lot of toppings, Im sure its not very tasty without the fresh ingredients.

Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $29.62
8 used & new from $22.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable, but not great., May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I personally did not care for this product.

The sheets were very thin and any texture on the wall created "problems" for me when I was using a thin tip dry erase marker.

It was a bit too much like using "saran wrap" for my liking. I am used to writing on a nice, firm surface. I knew that this product would be thinner since it was on a roll. But I just didn't know what it would be like.

On the package it shows the box being "hung up" on hangers. These hangers are very common on many existing installations (like chalkboards and such). And certainly if you are using it over a chalkboard, a glass window, or a refrigerator you will be pleased. But over other surfaces (textured wallpaper, or even worse brick) you can expect very poor performance. And if it weren't for the fact that it boldly proclaims that it can "stick anywhere" I would not even bring up such problems but lets face it "anywhere" is not a great statement for them to be making.

So the idea that it "sticks anywhere" and can be used anywhere is of course not the case. But we all know that "anywhere that is perfectly flat" doesn't sound so good as marketing speech.

Certainly its easier than carrying around a traditional whiteboard. And this product does fill a niche. But I didn't enjoy using it very much.

It compelled me to look and see if there are whiteboard sheets on a pad that you could put on an easel. Post-it Tabletop Easel Pad with Dry Erase Surface, 20 x 23-Inches, White, 20-Sheets/Pad. I have not tried that product but I think I would like it much better.

2-in-1 Cell Phone Car Mount Holder + FREE USB CHARGER ADAPTER - Smartphone Air Vent and Windshield Dash Mount - Fits Apple iPhone 6, 6 plus, 5, 5s, 4, 4s, Android Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, S4, + All Other Smartphones, GPS Navigators, Satellite Radios, MP3 Players, Mobile Phones - Black Color Smartphone Car Mount - 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty With 100% No-Hassle Satisfaction Guarantee

4.0 out of 5 stars The tidaltek 2in1 is a better quality mount than many that I have seen and ..., May 7, 2015
The tidaltek 2in1 is a better quality mount than many that I have seen and used.

The four components were individually packaged in poly bags.
The instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Installation is almost intuitive.
The inclusion of an auto power adapter is a nice touch.

The universal phone bracket accepted my iPhone 6+ smoothly and securely although I was not able to subject the mounted cell to severe jolts (as during off road driving, say).

The windshield mount option was easy to install, although I did not actually operate the vehicle with the windshield mount installed. the windshield mount is actually a two piece device, with the two pieces mated via a slip fit. After a few cycles of mating and de-mating, the physical connection got too loose to secure the gooseneck portion of the mount. This is why I rated the item two stars. You can increase the friction easily by slipping a piece of paper between the two plastic pieces, but, you should not have to do that.

It could be installed on any air vent or window surface, for the convenience of passengers other than the driver, including passengers in the rear seat. While I didn't think I would want to do that, my daughter used it for that purpose.

One negative thing about the vent mount is that I was not able to locate the windshield mount or the air vent mount so that the resulting access and sightline was convenient for me while driving one vehicle which was a Honda Ridgeline. When I installed the mount on either of the two air vents that flank the steering, the phone interfered with the turn signal lever or the shift lever. Plugging in the power cord made things worse. I found the most effective installation to be on the air vent to the right of the radio controls. In this position, I was able to listen to a podcast while only occasionally glancing at the iPhone, but I could not comfortably use the GPS function. These issues were exaggerated by the size of my iPhone 6+. An owner of a smaller phone or a different vehicle might not experience any of these difficulties.

I take this to suggest that the vent mount may not work for all drivers of all vehicles.

I found it unnerving to put my cell in the holder while I was driving. And the bracket did not hold the cell securely enough for me to connect the power cord with one hand. You should really stop your car while performing these functions.

On the other hand, I have used this device on the vent in my rear console so that rear seat passengers can use my or their own cell hands free.

Conclusion: I think this is a well thought out product, and despite my experience with the Ridgeline, I think this will work very well for most drivers.

I received this unit as a review sample with no obligation.

Nerf Rebelle Secrets and Spies 4Victory Blaster
Nerf Rebelle Secrets and Spies 4Victory Blaster
Price: $14.99
13 used & new from $8.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sidearm, if you have other items with a higher capacity., May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Nerf Rebelle Secret and Spies is a nice sidearm to add to your collection as long as you already have a main nerf weapon with a higher capacity. My daughters own most of the Rebelle line of nerf guns, which they use with their brother and cousins. The secret message part usually doesn't get used very much, because they aren't that "methodical" when they are fighting. Nobody ever says "lets stop and send a message".

The holster is a nice addition but I'm pretty sure it will get lost soon.

This item is also good for basic target practice in the house.

Outdoor Tech OT1700 Kodiak Mini - 2600 Mah Ruggedized Water Resistant Portable Charger/External Battery (Black)
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tries to use a sassy attitude to cover up mediocre product design., May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
the Kodiak Mini is a bit of a conflicted product. There is a lot to like and there is some strangeness.

In case you were wondering it appears to be very similar to a lipstick sized Anker charger, but, it has the black casing on it. It claims to charge an iPhone 1.5x, a gopro 2.5x, and a galaxy 1 time. Frankly, if you have a Galaxy I would look for something with more than 2600 mAh.

This black casing gives the product its #1 "extra" feature, in my opinion: the IP54 water resistant/shockproof rating. Basically, it will be ok if "splashed" with water, and can be dropped from a short height without breaking.

The company is trying to be very "sassy" in its marketing. These comments range from the package saying it has 2600 mAh of pure bear power, to the instruction manual being signed "kisses, OutDoor Tech". I don't take or give kisses that easily, Outdoor Tech :). And, the back page of the manual chastises you for being "antisocial" and suggests you like them on Facebook and Twitter.

Of course, they include not one but two, (yes two!) OutDoor Tech stickers because we all know that you bought this item because you are a HUUUUGE OutDoor Tech fanboy. No? Me neither. I guess the stickers are what most people would consider "over-packaging" that will end up in the recycle bin. Can you recycle a sticker? Maybe not.

For all the hoopla on the box and in the manual, the charger itself is not exactly what I want in a charger. I would have liked to have seen a slot for a carabiner or a a looped lanyard. Or, it should be some "crazy easy to find" color. With its matte black finish, the Kodiak Mini is sure to get lost in the bottom of my backpack. Have you noticed how most outdoor camping equipment is matte black? No? Me neither. Just don't drop it on a moonless night.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20