Profile for Christina > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christina RSS Feed

Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer
Babylis Pro BABTT5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer
Price: $62.47
7 used & new from $54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Investment, November 13, 2011
This is the best investment I've made on my hair in a long time. When my old hair dryer broke, I bought this one. I compared a lot of different models, and this had great reviews. The difference between my old 1875-watt and this 1900-watt dryer was huge. I would never go back. Instead of taking 15 minutes to dry my hair, it now takes about 8 minutes! It's very powerful, and it gets very hot, but my hair doesn't feel damaged. In addition, it's VERY lightweight, much easier to use and doesn't make my arms tired. It has a slim nozzle, and the concentrator nozzle works well. I love it. Highly recommended.

Sterling Silver Prayer Box with Floral Design, 18 inch Box chain included
Sterling Silver Prayer Box with Floral Design, 18 inch Box chain included

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, October 8, 2009
This is a very cute necklace! I bought it a while ago here on Amazon. I wrote down some prayers/wishes on little pieces of paper, put them into the box, and wore it. All my prayers came true! And I've gotten so many compliments on it. I've also bought another one and given it as a gift--very unique.

Emjoi AP-17LT Total Concept 2-In-1 Epilator
Emjoi AP-17LT Total Concept 2-In-1 Epilator
Offered by Goodman's
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing time saver!!!, October 8, 2009
I actually bought this epilator on QVC when they were offering a special deal, but it was called "Emjoi Total Tweeze," I think so QVC could market it with a different name. It's exactly the same model.

I am so glad I bought this!!! I had always tweezed, as I hate shaving due to the ingrown hairs and stubble that grows back the next day. I'm picky about being smooth. And I never wanted to wait until the hair was 1/4 inch long in order to wax it. Plus, my experience with wax was that it was messy, time consuming, expensive, and painful. One or twice a week, I would painstakingly spend about 1.5 to 2 hours just tweezing. Yes, sounds crazy, but it becomes a habit over time.

When my friend and I were discussing hair removal techniques, I told her about my tweezing. She said, "Why don't you get an epilator? I use one, and I only spend about 30 minutes once a week using it." I had always been reluctant to buy one, since epilators aren't commonly used and they don't seem like they'd be efficient. But with my friend's recommendation, I bought the Emjoi Total Tweeze when it was on sale on QVC, paid about $25 or so.

Now I'll NEVER go back to tweezing, shaving, or waxing again! This is so convenient. I spend maybe 30 minutes once a week removing hair. If there are any spare hairs left over (usually ones that haven't quite surfaced above the skin yet), I just grab them with a tweezer. Since I was already used to pulling my hair out by the root, it doesn't hurt at all. Just kind of a tickling sensation. You can't hurt yourself with this--if you press too hard against your skin, the safety kicks in and it turns off. And unlike waxing where you pull out big chunks of hair at one time, you can move at your own pace with this. The added tweezers that come with it are a little dull, so I still use my own, but no big deal. This is such a time-saver! Plus, once you buy it, it'll last a long time, and you only need to put in new batteries every once in a while. If you've never tried an epilator, get one! You can use it almost anywhere--bikini, legs, arms, face, whatever. I use it on my bikini weekly, and before I went on vacation to Cabo, I did my arms and legs, too, so I wouldn't have to shave while on vacation. After seeing me use it, my boyfriend even bought one to pull out little hairs on his chest and fingers and whatnot. I don't know how I ever lived without this thing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 10:06 PM PDT