Profile for Savvy Shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Savvy Shopper RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gurin Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron Hair Straightener, 1.25 inch with Carrying Case
Offered by Oximeter Superstore
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flat iron for the price, April 13, 2015
Pros: Heats up quickly, lightweight
Cons: Doesn't glide as smoothly over my hair as my last straightener. This is the reason for the 4 stars.

Some people complained about the placement of the heat control. While it's awkward, once you set it, there's no need to adjust it, so what's the problem?

Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5882 L305D-S58821 L305D-S5889 L305D-S5890 L305D-S5893 L305D-S5895 L305D-S5897 L305D-S5900 L305D-S5904 L305D-S5914 L305D-S59143 L305D-S5922 L305D-S59222 L305D-S5923 L305D-S5925 L305D-S5927 L305D-S5928 L305D-S5930 L305D-S5932 L305D-S5934 L305D-S5935 Laptop Battery - Premium Superb Choice® 6-cell Li-ion battery
Offered by CWK TECHNOLOGY
Price: $15.33
2 used & new from $15.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, April 13, 2015
I am thrilled to find a replacement battery for my 7-year old laptop! It fit perfectly. The charge lasts for about 2 hours (I've had the replacement about a month or so now). While some people complain that this is too short, my original battery (that I just replaced) never lasted more than 2 hours, so why the complaint about the replacement one? And the price was great. I think $21 for a battery comparable to my original battery for a 7-year old laptop is perfect.

Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900
Price: $138.98
24 used & new from $107.71

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great machine!, November 5, 2014
I just bought this and used it for the first time today. I have always had my carpets professionally cleaned before; I've never even rented a machine. So I was a little apprehensive about a "do it yourself" machine. Previous reviewer comments were very helpful, but it sounded pretty complicated. It's not though! It's really very easy, particularly once you get into the swing of things. As background, we have 25-year-old white carpet throughout the house. Many areas are covered with area rugs, but there are some high traffic areas that really show the dirt. We usually get the carpets cleaned once a year (it's only 2 of us and no pets at the moment), but after 6 months, the high traffic areas were looking pretty bad. Thus, the reason for this purchase.

PROs:
- Simple to use.
- Easy to fill the clean water dispenser. Also easy to tell when it's empty (looking at it).
- Very easy to tell when the dirty water container was full (machine changes pitch and you can tell it's not picking up water).
- Simple to see how much water you've removed from the carpet; you can see from the top whether there's a lot or little water being picked up.
- You can go over and over areas to suck up the water and make it drier. My carpets are much drier now (a couple hours after completion) as compared to when the professionals do it.
- The machine is well labeled as to where the cord winds around, where various tools are attached, etc. The clean water dispenser also has a "fill" line.
- Easy to clean. The brushes pop out very easily.

CONs:
- You have to fill the clean water dispenser pretty often, as well as empty the dirty one fairly often. For our very large master bedroom, I went through 2-1/2 fillings of cleaner solution (i.e., the clean water container), and emptied the dirty water twice. DEFINITELY buy additional cleaner when purchasing. They provide a 16 oz. bottle, but it takes 5 oz. per filling, so the provided solution only covers 3 tanks.
- It's a little heavy when full of water, but nothing that can't be handled. After cleaning our big house for 3 hours, I can definitely feel it in my hand.
- As someone mentioned, there are a lot of plastic parts, including little tabs that hold the brushes in place. I can see where these might break.

I have not tried the attachments yet. I plan to do the stairs on another day! But based on how the basic unit worked, I can't wait to do my stairs.

I did not boil the water to make it hotter. It worked fine without that step suggested by others. With the many times I had to refill the tank, boiling the water would have been very cumbersome.

Buy this and you won't be disappointed!

Badwater (The Forensic Geology Series Book 2)
Badwater (The Forensic Geology Series Book 2)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Toni Dwiggins!, October 2, 2014
I first read Volcano Watch (#2 in the series) and then had to read this one as well. It's so nice when you enjoy characters and get to share new adventures with them! The plot twists are always surprising and intriguing. I love the relationship between Cassie and Walter. You won't be disappointed with this book!

All Quiet on the Western Front: A Novel
All Quiet on the Western Front: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down!, September 19, 2014
I enjoyed this book SO MUCH! The movie is very close to the book, but of course, the book as much more character development. It provides great insights into a terrible war.

Akro Mils SLI24000E35 Deep Saucer for Classic Pot, Clay Color, 21-Inch
Akro Mils SLI24000E35 Deep Saucer for Classic Pot, Clay Color, 21-Inch
Price: $18.14
7 used & new from $6.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 19, 2014
The saucer itself is great, but I had ordered a 22" and they sent a 24". I ended up swapping saucers with another planter due to the size. But the quality itself is great.

Volcano Watch (The Forensic Geology Series Book 3)
Volcano Watch (The Forensic Geology Series Book 3)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed - couldn't put it down!, September 19, 2014
I read this book as part of a 6-book compilation called Force Majeure (Disaster Thrillers). It's been a long time since I couldn't put down a book, and this was definitely one of those books! The characters were so realistic, and the book was very suspenseful, even though you thought you could probably tell what was happening. Recently, the books I've read have had too many characters - hard to keep them all straight. But this book has just the right amount :-). I just downloaded book 1 in the series since I liked this one so much. Get it - you won't be disappointed!

The Killing: Uncommon Denominator
The Killing: Uncommon Denominator
Price: $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have not watched the AMC series but I thoroughly enjoyed this book, July 11, 2014
I have not watched the AMC series but I thoroughly enjoyed this book! The characters and dialog are so realistic; I found myself cheering the characters on. The plot was complex with various twists and turns. I read many police procedural books and this ranks with the best of them; I could hardly put the book down! After reading the book, I'm probably going to watch the series itself.

Fracture (The Flicker Effect Book 2)
Fracture (The Flicker Effect Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for all ages, July 8, 2014
OK, I'm not a young adult. In fact, I'm on the downside of middle age. But I could not put this book down! Like another reviewer, I read this in 24 hours. I enjoyed Flicker, but Fracture is even better! The characters are so realistic that I found myself cheering Biz on. Hurry up and finish the next book because I want the story to go on and on...

FlipBelt Violet Small
FlipBelt Violet Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any workout, June 8, 2014
I've had my FlipBelt for almost 2 months now. I run several times a week, so it gets a lot of use. I carry a phone and a separate iPod, as well as identification. It works great! I have never liked wearing a fanny pack, but it does not bother me to wear this. While running, I occasionally pull it a little lower, but it's not a constant battle. It's also well worth getting rid of my phone armband (that I was replacing every 6 months or so at $25 because they always fell apart). I wear a size 4-6 in clothes and bought the size small - it's just right. Others mentioned washing it - I merely run it under the faucet and let it air dry. There is a built-in clip for keys as well. I've already recommended this to a number of other people I know who exercise and hike. Really, you can't go wrong with this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4