Profile for Wayne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wayne "DriverPhil" RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2
Silent Echo
Silent Echo
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars One dimension writing, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Silent Echo (Kindle Edition)
Pretty shallow stuff. The main character is dying of AIDS and Cancer - this keeps being brought up in the course of the murder investigation. Fine, but AIDS is not a scary disease any more, people know you don't need to shun and fear AIDS patients - in this short novel they do fear and shun. A character, 'Mary', seems present only so that a sex scene can be written. Other characters seem pretty one dimensional. This is light-reading at best.

Moen 7594CSL Arbor One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet, Classic Stainless
Price: $308.18
10 used & new from $308.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Great faucet at a good price., May 17, 2013
We've gone through a few faucets in our quest for a faucet that works well. Our original new homebuilder-installed faucet began to rust after a few years. We junked that and purchased a Delta faucet that was attractive. That faucet was cheap in its cost and materials (mostly plastic) and did not hold up.

This faucet is obviously made of higher quality materials. The install was straightforward, and we like the water saver aspect - so we left the flow restrictor in. As a side note - a local higher end plumbing supply store highly recommended this faucet but wanted $100 more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2013 3:48 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, September 2, 2012
We needed a fun, clock radio for our guest room. This fits the bill, and the radio works quite well. It has a battery to retain the time, and we have had a few power cuts where the clock did not lose time.

Eagle Creek Crossroads Wheeled Tote (Coal Denim)
Eagle Creek Crossroads Wheeled Tote (Coal Denim)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size!, September 2, 2012
I needed an under seat bag with wheels that wasn't too big. This is light, stills holds everything and appears to be quite durable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, February 3, 2012
I guess I wore out the printhead on my Photosmart D7560. I tried cleaning the old printhead with no luck. Finally, I crossed my fingers and ordered this item. Perfect! Back in business.

Linksys N300+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Linksys Connect Including Parental Controls & Advanced Settings (E1200)
Price: $37.80
98 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, works great, February 3, 2012
I replaced my old B & G router with this nifty N version after reading a review of it in PC Magazine. The setup was very smooth using the setup disk. I even had a software update delivered for the router at the same time.

The Wall Street Journal [Fire App/WSJ Digital]
The Wall Street Journal [Fire App/WSJ Digital]
Offered by Dow Jones
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Crashing, December 24, 2011
Perhaps not ready? This app keeps crashing on my Fire. The device keeps on working though, so it isn't a total loser.

The Charming Quirks of Others: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (7)
The Charming Quirks of Others: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (7)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be losing its spark, December 23, 2010
My wife and I have read this book, just as we have read all the preceding editions in the series.

The author has succeeded in making Isabel into an unattractive, neurotic person is this novel. It also feels as though it was dashed off to meet his commitment to his publisher.

We suspect that if there is a succeeding edition, we will not be reading it.

The Help
The Help
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerized, November 19, 2010
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
Reading this was a reminder of the past, and really the present too. This is a story of friendship, race, culture, history and a lot more. One of the most enjoyable reads of 2010!

Dearfoams Men's Microfiber Suede Moccasin
Dearfoams Men's Microfiber Suede Moccasin

3.0 out of 5 stars seems small and stiff, April 28, 2010
I normally wear a size 10. I found these slippers to run small. And the sole is quite stiff. Quality seems fine though.

Page: 1 | 2