Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kimberly T. > Reviews

Browse

Kimberly T.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kimberly T. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda)
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda)
by Richard Phillips
36 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Author and Series, January 25, 2010
I got the Kindle for Christmas and decided to try The Second Ship as one of my first downloads. I was very pleasantly surprised, the book really kept me going with lots of bad guys and conspiracies. I hated the ending, it ended almost mid-conversation. I'm not talking about a cliff hanger, it was more like they decided it was one book they should make into 2 books, (O.K. make a few page breaks and we'll end the first book right.....here!), or he just stopped typing and sent it for publication that moment. So I was glad that the second book Immune was already available so I didn't have to wait 2 years or so to get more of the story. I've been reading Scifi for about 40 years now, so it seems like I already own or have read all the good books. I have to keep waiting for new writers to come on the scene or the oldies but goodies to write more stuff. So I delight in finding a new author with a worthwhile story. Definitely a buy, but get the second book Immune at the same time so you can keep reading when you get to the end.

Immune (The Rho Agenda : Book Two 2)
Immune (The Rho Agenda : Book Two 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging Read, Great New SF, January 25, 2010
I've been reading Sci-fi for about 40 years now, so it seems like I already own or have read all the good books. I have to keep waiting for new writers to come on the scene or the oldies but goodies to write more stuff. So I delight in finding a new author with a worthwhile story. I got the Kindle for Christmas and decided to try Second Ship as one of my first downloads. I was very pleasantly surprised, but hated the ending, it ended almost mid-paragraph. The second book Immune was also good, and it ended well, still leaving you with the feeling that the story would go on, but not leaving you practically mid-sentence like the first book. I can't wait for the third installment; Wormhole, but there is no pub date for it yet. Its a good read, although the second book is darker, and worthy of a Jack Reacher novel.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2013 12:56 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars **Compact Aid Kit***, May 18, 2008
My Husband and Son just took up Dirtbiking. I knew there would be injuries and that it could happen miles from the car, roads, cell phone coverage, etc. This was the most compehensive kit that was small enough to not be a hassle to carry, and also had some survival essentials to treat for shock like a blanket, fire starter, etc. It has all the medical essentials I thought would take care of them until they could ride out or if needed await extraction. When I got it I went through it, and was pleasantly surprised by the amout of items, the sizes and the way it was packed to all fit in a compehensive way. I know they won't want to alarm me with every little injury, so I attached the inventory list inside so I can check it periodically and replenish used items. Highly recommended.

Peek-a-boo!: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Lift-The-Flap Book (Scholastic))
Peek-a-boo!: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Lift-The-Flap Book (Scholastic))
by Moira Butterfield
29 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaches Hide and seek, March 22, 2008
This is such a good book, and initially I thought it looked to short. My daughter loved it at age 2. She quickly caught on that someone was (sort of) hiding. She's 3 now and still enjoys it. It's nice quick bedtime book.

Pacific Play Tents Cottage House Tent #60600
Pacific Play Tents Cottage House Tent #60600
Offered by stores123
Price: $89.95
2 used & new from $73.76

5.0 out of 5 stars My Duaghter Loves This!!!, January 10, 2008
2008 purchase. This is the perfect playhouse for a Play Room or Basement. It goes together in about 5-10 minutes with those elestic poles like outdoor tents use, and is easy to take down or relocate when needed. She opens and closes the windows and the door. We put her Little Tikes Kitchen and Vanity inside for her and her picnic table next to her car "parked" outside. She has a ball getting dressed up or cooking in there. It's great.

2012 Update: This playhouse is still going strong and she still plays with it. I have been very pleased that nothing on it has worn out. All the velcro closures for the windows are still in great shape and the door zipper too. I keep it wrapped up in a plastic trash bag when not in use. I wrote which colored poles are for walls, roof, etc. so I know how to put it together again next time.

It's Potty Time
It's Potty Time
DVD ~ Dr. Barbara J. Howard M.D.
14 used & new from $27.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivated My Son, July 26, 2007
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
I had a lot of trouble getting my son to Potty train. He just didn't want to. There is a song for just about every task of using the potty, both to instruct and reward. Its theme is a birthday party, what kid doesn't love that? He loved this video and learned all the songs quickly. They are all popular nursery rhyme tunes, short and easy to remember, and although I often felt silly singing in public bathrooms, it really worked. 4 years later and I've repurchased it for my 2 year old. She seems to love it too. Adults complain, and yes its rather insipid entertainment, but really its geared to 2-3 years olds, so parents, get over yourself.

Prepworks by Progressive Freezer Pop Maker
Prepworks by Progressive Freezer Pop Maker
Price: $23.02
8 used & new from $23.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Cold Treats, July 26, 2007
My daughter is allergic to food dye, and she can't eat a some brands of popsicles. We needed to make our own. I had the Lickity Sip, but had lost half the plastic "sticks". I didn't replace it with that one since I didn't want to search the yard looking for the plastic ones every time they ate outside. So, I wanted one that used wooden sticks. This is great. It makes a lot of pops at a time. You can't tell from the description or pictures, but the molds are all connected in a metal frame. Some people complained that the sticks get stuck, or popped up. I didn't have a problem with them popping up, so I don't pre-soak them. If they did pop up, I think I would put something on top to hold them down while freezing, a bag of frozen Veggies maybe. Others complained the stick holes were too small, I used a flat-head screwdriver to widen the holes a little. It worked great. Some have complained that they have to run it under water to loosen the Pops. I think thats true of any popsicle mold. I am very pleased with this product. It makes 8 Pops at a time, so I can make 4 each full size Pops for my 7-year old and 1/2 size ones for my 2-year old.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 8:52 PM PDT

Buzz-Buzz, Busy Bees
Buzz-Buzz, Busy Bees
by Dawn Bentley
83 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Buzzing didn't work long, November 5, 2006
This review is from: Buzz-Buzz, Busy Bees (Hardcover)
The story is cute. But I can't figure out how to get the buzzing sound to work every time. My daughter loves that it buzzes and she wants me to make it work, but, it comes on only sometimes. Its not worth the effort to return it. I don't recommend buying it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2010 11:52 AM PDT

The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Two Hundred Gourmet & Homestyle Recipes for the Food Allergic Family
by Cybele Pascal
Price: $17.03
161 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Book, Could Be so much more, August 28, 2006
I bought this book since my kids are allergic to Dairy, Nuts and Soy. The recipes seemed good. Although it seemed she was torn between writing a kids cookbook vs. a "Gourmet" recipe cookbook. At age 6, many of the things in here my son would not try. But, I appreciated the snacks and cake recipes; and the sources for some of the ingredients. With an allergic child you are always conscious of trying to make sure they have a balanced diet. It would have been nice if the recipes had listed information on calories, protein, carbohydrate, etc.

The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits: Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits: Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
by Julie Carles
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner Book, August 28, 2006
for those who want to start knitting, its a great book with little kids projects that are easy to do. I love how it shows each sweater in Boy colors and Girl colors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5