Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Jessica Moore > Reviews

Browse

Jessica Moore's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jessica Moore RSS Feed

Math Made Easy: Superman: Third Grade
Math Made Easy: Superman: Third Grade
by DK
26 used & new from $0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars master elementary math with this book, March 13, 2008
This book is what you expect from DK. Solid drills with clear and concise reviews on all 3rd grade topics. Answer keys are complete and easy to lookup. Nice pictures and high quality printing. Third grade children need practice to grow their math skills. This superman workbook provides a fun way to lead your child to reach their full math potential in school and on important standardized tests. The problems are not difficult. Its goal is to make your child master the fundamentals, not just know them.

An effective way to achieve mastery is to time the drills. I recommend you run a clock for your child and set a fun speed goal to get rid of procrastination. There is a nice website Beestar.org that provides free timed math drills you can use to compare your child's speed with others. My son's math skills (include speed) improved significantly with this book. I'm glad I bought it.

Highlights:

- Provides practice for all the major topics for Grade 3.
- Includes a review of the Grade 2 workbook with a preview of the Grade 4 workbook.
- More Times Tables practice.
- Answer Section with Parents' Notes.
- Progress Chart with stick on stars.

Contents:

Writing Numbers in words
Ordering numbers: 1,574 4,683 7,847 2,563 - order from smallest to largest
Rounding to the nearest ten
Polygons, Addition fact families, Fractions
Ordering decimals - putting them in order from smallest to largest
Multiplying, Dividing
Word Problems, Telling Time
Number Pairs, Times Tables
Subtracting, Real-life problems
Calculating the perimeter and area of rectangles and squares
Averages, Estimating, Volumes of cubes
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2010 7:59 AM PDT

Stanford 10 Workbook: Grade 3
Stanford 10 Workbook: Grade 3
by Kaplan
6 used & new from $76.13

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice warm-up, March 10, 2008
I learned about this book from Beestar online math program. It was very useful in familiarizing my child with the SAT test. It gives concise reviews of what the students need to know, so you can check her readiness. Many practical testing-taking techniques and strategies are clearly introduced. Especially, it has thorough explanations of each question type and a step-by-step guide on how to tackle tricky traps. The practice items are very similar to the real SAT, a very helpful warm-up. Note that such a thin book doesn't do much to improve math or reading. That requires daily learning in school and reviews at home. My child used Beestsar weekly programs as well. She scored exceptionally high in SAT. When your child has the fundamentals in place, this book is a nice warm-up.

Scholastic Success With: Tests: Reading Workbook: Grade 5 (Scholastic Success with Workbooks: Tests Reading)
by Terry Cooper
25 used & new from $0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as I expected, March 10, 2008
I bought this book to prepare my fifth grader for Beestar online reading assessment. Like other books in the series, this book provides fairly good stories and articles composed at grade 4-5 levels. The topics are very informative and kids friendly. It is perfect for my child to practice and get ready for standard assessment tests. We only see a few challenging words in the text, so your fifth grader probably can proceed lesson by lesson without difficulty. My child's Beestar assessment test was slightly harder. But the concepts and skills are the same. Overall it's a fair book serving the purpose.

Master Skills Series: Reading Comprehension Grade 3
Master Skills Series: Reading Comprehension Grade 3
by School Specialty Publishing
46 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars standard reading practice book, March 10, 2008
I was looking for a reading comprehension workbook to prepare my third grader for Beestar online reading assessment. This book provides fairly short paragraphs composed at grade 2-3 level. The topics are very kids friendly. It is perfect for your child to practice and get ready for state standard tests. We don't see any challenging words in the text, so your third grader should proceed lesson by lesson without difficulty. The book contains colorful pictures that attract children's attention. My child's Beestar assessment test was slightly harder than this book. But the concepts and skills are the same. Overall it's a fair book serving the purpose.

A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children
A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children
by James T. Webb
75 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a gifted child? Read this guide first!, March 10, 2008
I learned about this book in Beestar online GT program. I had been very nervous before, because I did not know how to raise my gifted child. He is obviously smarter and very different from his peers. A great thing I learned from this guide is about communication - an important factor both in parenting and educating the gifted child. The author's great ideas are good not only for parents communicating with gifted kids, but also for parents communicating with the teachers. I was able to teach my son how to communicate effectively following this guide. It would not have been so successful without this book. Now my son is smarter than ever and more important to me, he is happy and confident... In short, if you have a gifted child, buy and read this book before anything else. It is truly a wonderful guide.

Wordly Wise 3000 Grade 3 Student Book - 2nd Edition
Wordly Wise 3000 Grade 3 Student Book - 2nd Edition
by Kenneth Hodkinson
40 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars probably the best, February 28, 2008
My child's Beestar online vocabulary program listed this book as a reference. We purchased it following the recommendation. What a fantastic result it brings. My child's reading level is at top of his class now... I believe this book has the ability to change a child's perspective on learning words. Not only is Wordly Wise well-designed and challenging, but it's also fun. It's an effective vocabulary learning system that I would recommend to anyone with school-age kids. My neighbor has a 15 years old daughter who used this book. She still remembers the words she learned from Wordly Wise when she was 8 years old. It's a treasure.

Kaplan SAT Vocabulary Flashcards Flip-O-Matic
Kaplan SAT Vocabulary Flashcards Flip-O-Matic
by Kaplan
32 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars use flashcards to learn words anywhere, February 28, 2008
I learned about this set of flashcards from Beestar online vocabulary program. My child has been using it for several month. A great benefit of flashcards is that you can carry some to anywhere to review the words and make measurable progress every week. It has been our favorite activity for waiting line time. As the remembered-stack getting taller, my child's vocabulary snowballs. It's great way to repeat without stress. To gasp the usages of the words, your child also needs to read extensively to expand his exposure of the words learned. This easy-pick-up-n-put-down tool makes a daunting task easier than expected.

by Michael Shermer
Price: $9.86
174 used & new from $1.33

5.0 out of 5 stars it makes math fun again!, May 8, 2007
My daughter had always loved math but from last year she became bored by the math curriculum her school uses. I purchased this book and after only four chapters she's engrossed in math again! She loves the tricks and voluntarily makes up her own problems to solve. She's already seeing how the techniques help her in her normal math work. She is now probably the top math student in her class. In the Beestar online math tests [...], she is ranked high in the honor roll. I'm very pleased with this book. It makes math fun to my daughter again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2014 3:00 PM PDT

Daily Language Review, Grade 2 (Daily Practice Series)
Daily Language Review, Grade 2 (Daily Practice Series)
by Jo Ellen Moore
Price: $15.63
113 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good workbook, February 1, 2007
This book is loaded with well-designed practice exercises that will keep your child's language skills sharp and expanding. My son and I like its format of five items per day. What a relief that you know you will finish in 10 minutes. It makes the studying easy and even fun! They look so simple, but if you keep on doing them, they make a big difference over time.

Since my son started using this book, he often gets on the honor roll out of many peers in Beestar (a very nice web site at Beestar.org). I think this book had built a fairly solid foundation for him. Highly recommend.