Profile for Nicole > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicole "Always Spending" RSS Feed (Hawaii)

The Magic of the Ballet: Swan Lake
The Magic of the Ballet: Swan Lake
by Adele Geras
20 used & new from $0.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Adaptation, February 21, 2005
This story is quite nice, and the pictures are fantastic.The author does a nice job re-telling the story of Swan Lake. The only downside is that dance is not tied in at all. We hear the story, and see illustrations based on the story, not on the ballet, which may be intentional but was a tad bit disapppointing to my little ballerina.

Safety 1st Hospital's Choice Complete Healthcare Kit
Safety 1st Hospital's Choice Complete Healthcare Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars You don't need this stuff as much as you think you do., October 24, 2002
I bought this, or rather asked for it as a gift, and it has been uneccesary. You get an aspirator from the hospital, and the nail clippers just don't work and I have always been given medicine droppers or spoons from the pharmacist if I request it. Thermometers are a dime a dozen and while it is nice to have a digital one so you can get the temp under the arm more easily, I never use it. I use my ear thermometer insetad,...which is easier with an old fashioned one. Buy little nail files at first anyway, they are the easiest way to clip nails for newborns. After that we went directly to little scissors.

Odorless Diaper Pail by Safety 1st
Odorless Diaper Pail by Safety 1st

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like this Pail, October 24, 2002
I actually like this diaper pail. The cost was good, they are useful...(I have two, one upstairs and one downstairs). It isn't perfect, but it is useful. I don't smell the diapers at all, but I don't let it get too full. Uses regular garbage bags and is child proof (at least so far.) ...

Sleepy Little Mouse
Sleepy Little Mouse
by Eugenie Fernandes
Price: $10.48
35 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 24, 2002
This review is from: Sleepy Little Mouse (Hardcover)
We love this book, with it's great illustrations it is one of our favorites. A nice little story about not wanting to go to bed. I use it a lot before naptime, and try to equate the adventures the mouse has with dreaming and/or being imaginative while my two 1/2 year old is in her bed. I love the mouse tears and the creatures in the sea are delightful.

Pepito the Brave
Pepito the Brave
by Scott Beck
24 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Pepito, October 24, 2002
This review is from: Pepito the Brave (Hardcover)
What a great book. The poor little bird is scared to fly, but not afraid to try numerous other things. An enchanting story, very nicely illustrated, and a good lesson. Sometimes we need other people to tell us that we are brave enough to try the things we are scared of. My 2 and 1/2 year old loves the story, and we enjoy reading it to her...over & over again.

The Going-To-Bed Book
The Going-To-Bed Book
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book
Price: $3.40
475 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sun has Set not Long Ago, October 24, 2002
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
Great bed time book. The rhymes are fun, and it is a fantastically silly story. My husband and daughter and I have all had this book memorized since she was 6 months old ( she is two and 1/2 now). We love to recite it to one another, and have had to have two copies of the book (ah that teething stage was hard, she chewed right through everything.) We all love Sandra Boynton, she is a reliable read and a lot of fun.

Potty Book for Girls, The (Hannah & Henry Series)
Potty Book for Girls, The (Hannah & Henry Series)
by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
Price: $3.05
346 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun an Useful Book, October 24, 2002
This book is a good buy. It is cheerful, uses understanble language and is fun for my daughter to read. The vocabulary is useful for toddlers, and the rhymes keep them interested. This is my favorite of the "potty" books, and my daughters too....

Once Upon a Potty--Girl
Once Upon a Potty--Girl
by Alona Frankel
115 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all it is cracked up to be, October 24, 2002
I bought this book, knowing it was an award winning book, but was very disappointed. The vocabulary is clumsy, as is the language. It also is a bit strange, and not terribly captivating for my 2 1/2 yr old daughter. The pictures are lovely though....