Profile for S. Schwarz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Schwarz RSS Feed (Northern Virginia)

King Jack and the Dragon
King Jack and the Dragon
by Peter Bently
Price: $11.96
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A bedtime favorite, December 2, 2012
My 2-year-old loves this book at bedtime (and naptime). I really like reading this book to him and even after several weeks it doesn't seem to get old. The rhyming is nice and the illustrations fabulous. The story is short enough but suspenseful with a sweet ending. Even my 6-year-old likes this book. I highly recommend it!

Farm Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of Country Life
Farm Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of Country Life
by Julia Rothman
Price: $11.74
66 used & new from $6.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, October 16, 2011
I saw this book reviewed on a blog and instantly fell in love with the "comb styles" page featured. So I wanted to take a better look at the book to see if it was something that could be gifted this coming holiday season and was not disappointed. The illustrations were well done and the whole book was full of color. The biggest surprise was how my autistic 5-year-old son LOVED it! We laid in bed for an hour talking about the different parts of a farm, the plants and the animals. We did some counting, explored how a plant has roots and where chicken nuggets come from. I don't have coffee table books but this might make its way there to be enjoyed by the whole family.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought this a lot earlier.., February 25, 2010
This Maclaren Volo stroller is the sixth (!!) stroller we bought for our now 3 1/2 year old son. I wish this had been the only one, although it is not suitable for newborns. I bought this when my son turned three since we were going to travel nine weeks; first across the country and then in Europe. This stroller is great! My son weighs 38 lbs now and this stroller will fit him for awhile longer. He is in the autism spectrum so we're going to need this for awhile since he likes to sit in it in public places. This is very light weight and opening and closing it is a breeze. It truly opens with one hand which for us is very important (easy when it comes to airport security!). The seat does not recline but the few times my son has fallen asleep in it, he's been very comfortable.

Why only four stars instead of five? The b/w color scheme is really nice and modern but the hood get dirty very easily from the tires when you fold it up. Luckily this is really easy to wash with a garden hose and dries fast.

The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper, Colors May Vary
The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper, Colors May Vary
Price: $35.99
9 used & new from $35.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like this.., February 25, 2010
Two stars for two reasons: this is a pain in the butt to clean up. You can take all the fabric parts apart and wash them (that velcro sticks to everything..) but it is a hassle to put it all back together. We ended up putting a waterproof lap pad over the mattress and a flannel swaddling blanket over that. This also took a lot of room in a queen size bed and made sleeping really awkward. None of us slept comfortably (baby included) so we ended up stop using this after a few weeks and putting this in a crib in our bedroom where he slept soundly and removing the sleeper after another week or so. Luckily this had a good resale value so we got rid of it, absolutely not getting it for baby #2.

Roylco Body Poetry Illustrated Yoga Cards with Instructions - 8 1/2 x 11 inch - Set of 16
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $19.99
17 used & new from $15.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 15, 2010
My 3 1/2-year old son on the autism spectrum LOVES these! We ordered them for him for Christmas and been using them pretty much every day since. It is great for his balance and coordination as well as for following directions. They even help his vocabulary! He loves it when mom and dad do the same yoga moves as he is doing, it's been nice for family bonding too. The cards were much bigger than I thought, something you could easily put on the wall which is great. They are also very durable..

Insignia 8.5" 16:9 Widescreen LCD Portable DVD Player. NS-PDVD8
Insignia 8.5" 16:9 Widescreen LCD Portable DVD Player. NS-PDVD8

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, July 9, 2008
We bought this DVD player for a plane trip for our 2-year old son in May. We ended up using it almost daily (no tv in the bedroom, I like to watch movies before going to sleep) and it's been really amazing! The picture quality is great and the 8.5 inch screen is definitely big enough. Today my son got a hold of the player while it was on our dresser and dropped it on the floor. Still works like new! I would definitely recommend this dvd player.

Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
Price: $42.00
25 used & new from $31.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for adult lunches, April 26, 2008
This large lunch jar is wonderful for big lunches. I like how you have four compartments for food so that you can separate ie. rice from sauce. We absolutely love it, the reason for not giving full five stars is that you cannot wash any of the parts in the dishwasher.

BRIO Toddler Wobbler-Black
BRIO Toddler Wobbler-Black
Offered by langton_distribution_
Price: $91.37
22 used & new from $55.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Coolest wagon ever.., November 13, 2007
This review is from: BRIO Toddler Wobbler-Black (Toy)
We love the black series from Brio and this wagon is very stylish! Didn't want to get a plastic one or anything with primary colors and as soon as I saw this I bought it. Like another reviewer said, it's not very stable so it's not the best solution for a baby just learning how to walk. But for a walking baby it is perfect. My son loves to put his toys (and Brio blocks) in this and we've even seen him climb in it many times, sit down and read a book.

Brio My First Railway 15 Piece Train Gift Set
Brio My First Railway 15 Piece Train Gift Set
Offered by GameSeek
Price: $43.43
74 used & new from $41.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh what fun!, November 13, 2007
Having grown up with Brio toys I wanted my son to have his first train set for his first birthday. It definetly took him a couple of months to start playing with it and now at 18 months he plays with it daily. The track is simple as small enough for a small child and the tunnel seems to be the best part. I think it is great for his fine motor skills.

The set has been very durable and we'll be adding to it this Christmas, in fact asked all the relatives to get a car or two and some extra tracks. I highly recommend this!

BRIO Colored Blocks - 100 pcs (new colors)
BRIO Colored Blocks - 100 pcs (new colors)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun that will last for years!, November 13, 2007
We bought this set for our son's first birthday. The colors are amazing, very cool! 100 pieces is plenty to build all kinds of towers and I have to admit, me and my husband love to build with these blocks. Our son has had these for six months now and not a day goes by when he pulls them out of the box and stacks them in towers. They ahve been through a lot and are showing some wear, the paint is chipping from a fe blocks but overall these blocks last well. These are one of the very few toys we'll be saving.