Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

A Three Hat Day (Reading Rainbow Books)
A Three Hat Day (Reading Rainbow Books)
by L. G. Bass
Price: $5.71
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, January 19, 2014
It was in excellent condition when it arrived. A wonderful book that I bought to add to my classroom collection.

Mice Twice (Stories to Go!)
Mice Twice (Stories to Go!)
by Joseph Low
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, October 13, 2013
I am using this book for several math lesson plans. The book uses the concept of twice, size, sequencing, and all while telling a fable-like tale of a cat thinking he will outsmart the mouse.

Storytelling Activities Kit: Ready-To-Use Techniques
Storytelling Activities Kit: Ready-To-Use Techniques
by Agnes Harrison
26 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars good resource, June 24, 2013
This is a good book for teachers who want to incorporate story-telling into their classroom. Story-telling is different from book reading in that it is more flexible and can be child directed. There are suggestions for voice use with each story and ideas for the children to do plays, make puppets, or create their own book for the stories. The one I ordered did not come with the audio-cassette tapes, but I already had those. The curriculum ideas and strategies for sharing the stories with children were great.

The Escape Plan: A 40-Day Plan to Annihilate the Adultitis in Your Life
The Escape Plan: A 40-Day Plan to Annihilate the Adultitis in Your Life
by Jason W. Kotecki
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $20.60
18 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars feeling like a boring adult? this book is for you, April 20, 2013
Last night I was at an event where Jason Kotecki was the keynote speaker. I was captivated and laughed the hardest I have laughed in a long time. I was moved enough to buy this book. There are forty challenges in the book for adults to do that are fun and reminders to actually enjoy life. My husband and I read the first challenge when I got home. We intended to read about one challenge a week, but I couldn't resist and stayed up reading the whole book in one sitting. If you ever get "the blahs" on occasion or feel like you are stuck in a rut, this book is for you. Re-introduce fun into your life and enjoy the little things. This book is great for couples to do together, single people, and entire families. Do not pass up this book, it is a gem!

Magic Academy: Hidden Castle
Magic Academy: Hidden Castle
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars repetitive, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Magic Academy: Hidden Castle (App)
fun at first, but the hidden items are repeated too much. Also on my kindle fire, many items are hidden under the menu bar where it is impossible to find without using a hint.

SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($100-$150)
SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($100-$150)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service, February 7, 2012
The warranty was e-mailed and a physical copy was sent to my house as well. I received a very nice voice mail from the company, asking if I received everything as expected and to call them if I had any questions or concerns. I have never received such great customer service before! On top of that, the warranty covers accidental drops and spills on the device (a tablet PC).

Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway (Frustration-Free Packaging)

3.0 out of 5 stars nice with one little problem, December 25, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The ramps easily come off. Five screws are required to put the thing together and screws were not included! I frantically searched the house on Christmas morning and came up with one screw that was the right size, so right now it is only barely staying together. In all it is cute and my three year old girl loves it!

Titanic: An Illustrated History
Titanic: An Illustrated History
by Donald Lynch
148 used & new from $0.18

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, August 11, 2011
I ordered this book because several of the school-age children I work with were showing interest in the Titanic. The only book we had on it was a thin little "I can read" book. When this book came in the mail, I was immediately pleased with it. It is a large book with probably around 100 pages. There are actual photographs, paintings, diagrams, etc. Every detail is included. The book describes the idea for the ship, how it was built, who bought tickets, what the cabins were like, the food they ate, personal stories about real families and individuals who were on the ship, how and why it sank, and stories of both lives lost and survival. This is a book for adults, but the children needed something more than a beginning reader on this.