Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Karen Madison > Reviews

Browse

Karen Madison's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Karen Madison RSS Feed (Fayetteville)

New Hand Blown Glass 3 Inch Tide Pool Sand & Seashells Float Ball Paperweight
New Hand Blown Glass 3 Inch Tide Pool Sand & Seashells Float Ball Paperweight

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice. But even with the measurement in the description, January 21, 2015
Nice. But even with the measurement in the description, I didn't realize the largest globe would seem so small. Still a good price, so I'm happy with it.

CHOP MALL® New Vintage Rose Flower Brass Pocket Watch Quartz Necklace
CHOP MALL® New Vintage Rose Flower Brass Pocket Watch Quartz Necklace
Offered by CHOP MALL
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 21, 2015
Nice, especially for the price.

CP Toys Interactive Talking USA Wall Map w/ 1000 Facts and Questions
CP Toys Interactive Talking USA Wall Map w/ 1000 Facts and Questions

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 21, 2015
Very nice product. My grandson really likes it.

The Married Pope
The Married Pope
by Ricardo Planas
Price: $15.99
15 used & new from $2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Excited for People to Read this Book!, February 11, 2013
This review is from: The Married Pope (Paperback)
I haven't reviewed this book because I was lucky enough to read earlier drafts and thought I should just let others say what they think. But as of today, with the world once more turning its face toward Rome (regardless of persuasion or lack thereof), I must say that the thesis of the book and the timing of its publication seem inextricably linked. And I really am very excited for people to read what Ricardo Planas has created: a viable link between the secular and the holy. It's called The Married Pope.

Terror by Night: The True Story of the Brutal Texas Murder That Destroyed a Family, Restored One Man's Faith, and Shocked a Nation
by James H. Pence
Price: $22.99
80 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Truth, May 11, 2010
Terry Caffey's account of how and why his family was murdered is really a disappointing and unrealistic story. The reader is left with the nagging question of why he didn't add a chapter about his relationship with his daughter before this all happened. It appears that the evidence that put his daughter in jail proved that it was not her boyfriend alone who murdered her family. And daughters don't decide to murder their parents just because of a boyfriend.

As far as his plea that the boys (who were sentenced first) get life without parole, this appears to be a Christian motivation. But from what I could tell, it was only so his daughter would get a lighter sentence than she would have otherwise. If those boys had gotten the death penalty, she would have gotten life without parole. He actually expects "daddy's little girl," as he endearingly writes several times, to be out of jail. But even before reading those words, I realized that this is "his" account, and it really couldn't be called a true account by anyone else.

I say these things not because I grudge him the right to write what he wants, but I worry that the public will not look at the facts about his daughter in the future since he downplayed her premeditated and physical involvement. Because of his motivations, I think readers will get more facts about the incident by surfing the web. The author's account of his Christian witness in forgiving the boys rings false when he places the blame on them, especially the boyfriend, and not on his daughter, too. The more of us who read this book with its partial truths, the more likely Erin Caffey will be out walking around some day. There are so many inspirational and valuable stories about Christian witness to read, I wish I hadn't wasted my time on Terry Caffey's.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2014 11:45 PM PDT

How Wicked We've Become
How Wicked We've Become
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $7.27
39 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars How Great is How Wicked We've Become?, June 5, 2008
This review is from: How Wicked We've Become (Audio CD)
This cd is beautiful. The range and depth of the selections on it are impressive and powerful. The music and the lyrics are painfully exquisite and intensely vivid.