Profile for DJBabylon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DJBabylon RSS Feed

South Shore Furniture Element Collection Working Desk, Maple Florence
South Shore Furniture Element Collection Working Desk, Maple Florence

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as happy as I expected, but still satisfied!, May 25, 2012
I have been wanting to buy this desk for a few months now. Finally I pulled the trigger. I had been eyeing it out for quite some time because of its perfect size in width and the color to match the rest of the bedroom furniture of the room I was going to put it in! The package arrived quickly as with everything I ever order from Amazon. I knew that this was a nice piece of furniture before it even went through my door when the FedEx guy asked me to help him carry it in because it was so heavy! Unpacked and all I saw was hundreds of pieces! Be sure to designate an hour and a half to two hours to put this together. I put it together myself and got it done in an hour and a half, and I consider myself pretty handy. The wood and build of this desk are excellent, very heavy and sturdy. Though putting together I questioned some of the assembly techniques the final project was pretty sturdy. My two gripes that lent me to giving this 4 instead of 5 stars are as follows. I was excited to get "THIS" desk because I thought it matched my furniture perfectly. Well it did not! Now I suppose this isn't the products fault but the pictures on amazon make it out to be much lighter in shade then it is. This is a fairly dark shade for the color. Even still it looks half way decent with the other furniture I have. Also, like I said the desk is sturdy, but I question how the two legs are held together with the middle inserts even though there is a bracket that runs along the two legs to keep together! Also, while I'm thinking of it, i have one more additional negative. The drawers don't seem to be as sturdy as the rest of the desk, and though installed correctly they are a little rough sliding in and out! All in all the pros out way the cons and it definitely is a nice desk and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something similar to this taste!

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

I forget to mention that the drawers to this desk do not have to be installed, as I saw someone asked on another comment from this desk. But something That I didn't notice before purchasing this desk is that you have the option of installing the drawers on either side of the desk depending on your set up. Which was a great help for me because the picture that is portrayed on amazon showed it on the side I didn't but I was still willing to get this desk and deal with it. When I received it and read the directions, it gave OPTION A and OPTION B to putting together to allow for the drawers to be put on the side that suits YOU!!!!

uDraw Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat - Xbox 360
uDraw Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat - Xbox 360
Offered by Galactics
Price: $8.18
82 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Was skeptical, but definitely a good purchase!, December 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My son is 6 years old, and loves this game. I was skeptical of the uDraw when I purchased it, but could not pass on the great deal Amazon had it. He then tried the drawing game that came with it, and was not too excited. After popping in the Super Hero Squad, I changed my mind about the uDraw. He has been sitting non stop for the past hour playing it, and it is keeping him glued to the xbox. Neat concepts with drawing to beat up your enemies etc..... I like the fact that this gives a little more activity into playing the xbox for him then just sitting with a buttoned controller and playing!!!