Profile for Senor Zoidbergo > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 496

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Senor Zoidbergo RSS Feed (Washington D.C.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Expendables 3 Unrated (w/Bonus Features)
The Expendables 3 Unrated (w/Bonus Features)
DVD
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Differences between Unrated Cut and Theatrical Cut, December 16, 2014
I'm primarily interested in the differences between unrated cuts and their theatrical counterparts, so here are the differences between the two (NOTE: some SPOILERS FOLLOW).

1) The unrated cut is still a bloodless affair. No digital blood either.

2) Most of the action scenes are longer by a few seconds. Christmas, in particular, receives two significantly extended action scenes towards the end. Doc/Galgo/Luna/Yin Yang also benefit from slightly longer action scenes.

3) There is some extra dialogue between Barney and Stonebanks at the end of their climactic fight.

4) Language is slightly stronger in the unrated cut, with one or two more uses of "MF-er".
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2014 9:59 PM PST

CANON PIXMA iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer With Airprint(TM) And Cloud Compatible
Price: $194.99
8 used & new from $194.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Setup issues, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to agree with the other reviews about the setup issues. The iP110's largest asset, e.g. its portability, is also its greatest Achilles heel. The small footprint means there's no LCD screen, which makes setup an infinitely more confusing and frustrating process.

I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but I had great difficulty trying to get the Pixma to work with my wireless network. So much so that I just gave up and paired it with my phone; a slightly easier process. I would suggest just going the route of smartphone setup since the Pixma seems to be giving everyone headaches when attempting setup over wireless.

For its size, the print quality and speed are impressive, as is the low noise. I plan on throwing this into my backpack and printing documents from my phone while on the go.

Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar Display Assortment, 1.3 Ounce, 48 count
Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar Display Assortment, 1.3 Ounce, 48 count
Price: $23.33
2 used & new from $23.33

4.0 out of 5 stars I used to have fond memories of NutriGrain bars!, December 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As other reviewers have noted, these NutriGrain bars are similar to Fig Newtons in taste and texture. I found them much sweeter than Fig Newtons however, much to my disliking.

Size wise, their dimensions suggest the NutriGrains are best for a small snack. They're small enough to fit several in your pocket or purse. I liked the apple cinnamon/blueberry flavors the best, and the strawberry flavor the least. I'm not so hot on the use of artificial flavoring. I give it 3.5 stars, which rounds up to 4 stars.

PROS:

- Good value for the money
- Convenient size
- Brings back childhood memories
- Kids probably like it

CONS:

- Much too sweet
- Artificial ingredients
- Unpopular strawberry flavor
- Very little protein

Balance Bar Bare, Sweet and Spicy Nut, 34 Gram (Pack of 15)
Balance Bar Bare, Sweet and Spicy Nut, 34 Gram (Pack of 15)
Price: $25.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, November 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Glad I found these. They're like the Balance Bar equivalents of Kind Bars. While the Balance Bar Bares have slightly higher amounts of sugar and lower amounts of protein than Kind Bars, they also have a lower unit cost.

PROS:

- Not too sweet
- Bar has perfect consistency, not too gooey, and nuts aren't jaw-breakingly hard
- All natural ingredients
- Excellent and unique flavor; really liked the subtle heat from the chile powder and paprika
- Cheaper than Kind Bars

CONS:

- Not very much protein
- Deceptively small to tempt you into eating more than one

I'll definitely be getting more of these in the future. Good job Balance!

Taylor 7583 Stainless Steel Digital Scale
Taylor 7583 Stainless Steel Digital Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid of using this scale around Thanksgiving, November 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm very pleased with the Taylor 7583, but will probably be less so around Thanksgiving once I've weighed myself post-meal.

PROS:

- Auto off
- Fingerprint resistant glass
- Sturdy construction
- Batteries are included with packaging
- Digital readout/blue display
- Textured design

CONS:

- Can't think of any; the price seems about average for glass digital scales.
- I didn't observe any problems with the digital readout.

I like that the scale feels sturdy when stepping thereon. There's no sense of tilting or off-balance-ness. Moreover, the scale seems accurate, as it reflects numbers similar to those given by my gym scale.

BIC Atlantis Exact Retractable Ball Pen, Fine Point (0.7 mm), Black, 3-Count
BIC Atlantis Exact Retractable Ball Pen, Fine Point (0.7 mm), Black, 3-Count
Price: $9.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Fancier BIC pen, but no Pilot or Uniball, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The BIC Atlantis is a handsome looking pen, and certainly a lot more elegant looking than the plain BIC pens that we've come to know and love. The ink writes well, without bleeding. However, it's missing some premium features, such as a finger cushion, which separates it from higher end products from Pilot or Uni-ball. It's a positive direction for BIC, and I hope they continue along these lines to make a higher end product (if they don't already do so).

ViewSonic VA2455sm 24-Inch SuperClear Pro LED-Lit Monitor (Full HD, True 8-bit, Flicker-Free, ViewMode)
Offered by CircuitCity
Price: $139.99
14 used & new from $104.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous entry level 1080P LED monitor, November 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The VA2455sm is a wallet friendly, good looking monitor.

UNBOXING: The bezel is 3/4 glossy black plastic, and the lower bezel portion has a textured, faux metallic surface. Standard menu buttons line the bottom, and DVI/VGA/power inputs lie in the back. The monitor has a single blue LED power light mounted in the center, which looks great at night.

INITIAL USE: I have a Digital Storm PC (Geforce GTX 680 with 4GB RAM) running Windows 7, and Windows automatically installed the drivers for the monitor. There were ZERO dead or stuck pixels. Colors look very vibrant on this monitor, and blacks were very good. Also, no backlight bleeding that I could discern. I watched a couple 1080P movies which looked excellent on the new monitor. I turned down the brightness and contrast. So far text looks excellent, and no headaches from using the monitor. Perhaps the integrated blue filter works as intended.

CONS: There is NO height adjustment on this monitor, TILT only. I guess I'll have to find some old books to increase the height. Furthermore, the base stand doesn't seem well suited to the monitor as the monitor mounting is slightly rickety. The integrated speakers (Viewsonic really seems to like adding speakers onto its monitors) are pretty much useless, and I disabled these the first opportunity I had through the on-screen menu. I wish that Viewsonic had deleted the unnecessary speakers and instead added a height adjustment function. Lastly, Viewsonic only included a VGA-VGA cable in the packaging when I was expecting at least a DVI cable.

These complaints aside, the VA 2455sm is a gorgeous looking LED monitor that is as easy on the wallet as it is on the eyes.

Hercules (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Hercules (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Dwayne Johnson
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $16.85
45 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Storyline differences between Extended Cut and Theatrical Cut, October 27, 2014
I'm primarily interested in the storyline differences between extended cuts and their theatrical counterparts, so here are the differences between the two (NOTE: SPOILERS FOLLOW).

The extended cut runs approximately 3 minutes longer longer than the theatrical cut. The new scenes are pretty minor, although there is significantly more CGI blood in the first battle.

1) The first battle against the Bessi is a lot bloodier in the Extended Cut. Throats are slit, combatants are impaled, and people are stabbed in bloody manners by various bladed weapons.

2) General Sitacles makes unwanted romantic advances towards Atalanta.

3) General Sitacles threatens to execute Phineas for failing to detect the Bessi ambush, but Phineas is saved by Autolycus's intervention.

4) Hercules has a flashback to King Eurystheus condemning him for the alleged murder of his family.

Sure Hercules isn't going to win any Oscars anytime soon, but I found it an entertaining popcorn flick. The Rock was fun to watch and I liked the script's tongue-in-cheek approach to general Greek mythology. Definitely better than the Kellan Lutz version!

Eton BoostX Rugged 5600 mAh IP65-rated Backup Battery with Dual USB Output and Integrated Flashlight (NBOX5600B)
Price: $42.71
3 used & new from $42.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast recharge, convenient, but drains too quickly, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish I had the Eton on my last international trip! I recall several instances when I didn't have the right power converter, and my phone was almost out of battery and needed a quick charge.

I like the Eton's ruggedized and grippable exterior. The availability of dual USB output and charging light indicators is helpful. Furthermore, the Eton's miniature LED flashlight is a thoughtful touch and has a decent throw despite being small in size- sure beats using my smartphone as a flashlight. Smartphone charging time is fast and my Galaxy S4 was fully charged in less than an hour.

However, my Eton-charged smartphone drained just as quickly as it had charged. Despite being fully charged with the Eton, my S4 drained to just 25% battery in 4 hours with little to no activity. Additionally, the flashlight/charging indicator button is too small and well-camouflaged that I still have trouble locating it along the spine of the cover.

The Eton is helpful if you need a quick charge and don't have access to a plug. Just don't expect the charge to last.

Paderno World Cuisine Manual Salad Spinner
Paderno World Cuisine Manual Salad Spinner
Price: $30.12
4 used & new from $12.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, functional salad spinner, October 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For $30, this Paderno is a quality salad spinner.

I like its;

- sturdy construction
- color palette
- smooth spinning action
- dishwasher safe parts
- tight fitting parts

I can't find much, if anything, to fault the Paderno with. Guess I'll be eating a lot more salad from now on!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20