Profile for Book Lover > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Lover RSS Feed (Philadelphia PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
T-fal E93808 Professional Total Nonstick Oven Safe Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Fry Pan / Saute Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookware, 12-Inch, Black
Price: $26.00
43 used & new from $20.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Work horse, April 19, 2015
This is a very nice pan. I have not had it long, but I can already see that it's nonstick coating is superior to the one used in my smaller Cuisinart pan (which is not so nonstick after two years of use). I got one for a friends and she loves hers too.

Wear-Ever Half Size Natural Finish Aluminum Sheet Pan, 17-3/4x12-7/8x1
Wear-Ever Half Size Natural Finish Aluminum Sheet Pan, 17-3/4x12-7/8x1
Offered by A-to-Z Supply
Price: $23.79
12 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A kitchen essential, April 19, 2015
I have two of these now and think they are great. They are sturdy and don't wobble. They clean up easily. If Wear-Ever made a quarter-size pan, I'd get that too.

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Kajal Eyeliner, Onyx Rush, 0.053 Ounce
Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Kajal Eyeliner, Onyx Rush, 0.053 Ounce
Price: $4.86
12 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy, April 19, 2015
I like this. It works better than a pencil and you can make the line quite fine. It's easy to apply and doesn't take any time at all.

Marna Pink Piggy Microwave Plate Cover, 8.74"
Marna Pink Piggy Microwave Plate Cover, 8.74"

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not perfect, April 19, 2015
i like this item, but it is a little too small for a dinner plate. The edges rest on the food. It's great, however, for bowls and smaller dishes. The vents allow steam to escape but the food doesn't dry out. I wish they made a larger size so that I could replace my old plate cover, which doesn't work nearly as well.

Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs
Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs
by Karl Buchberg
Price: $42.00
51 used & new from $29.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, April 19, 2015
Fabulous book that will give me many hours of pleasure.

Mr. Clean 243051 Wonder Cuff Reusable Latex Gloves, Small, 1 Pair
Mr. Clean 243051 Wonder Cuff Reusable Latex Gloves, Small, 1 Pair
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., April 9, 2015
Awful gloves. They are hard to get on and off because the latex sticks to your skin, and the cuff is too tight. Can't imagine that they are going to be durable with all the pulling on and off. The color may be similar to Casabella gloves, but they are very inferior. That said, Casabella gloves have been unavailable for months. Playtex are sturdier and easier to get on/off.

Camry Food Scale Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls 11lb/5kg Large Blue Backlight LCD 50 fl. oz / 1500ml Measuring Cup
Offered by Camry Scale Store
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $24.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, January 10, 2015
My Oxo scale died and I got this because it was cheaper. Don't make that mistake. This thing is not nearly as intuitive, it's harder to read, and removing/replacing the bowl is a real hassle. On first use, I wanted to throw it across the room, but I really needed to work through a recipe. The apparent convenience of having a bowl as part of the scale is not worth the aggravation of trying to dislodge the bowl or trying to fit it back into the narrow slot.

No idea why the display on the Oxo died in a year. That's not a great record, but this thing is not a good alternative.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 8:10 PM PST

Glo Brite by 21st Century L85-12 Lock On Style Chimney
Glo Brite by 21st Century L85-12 Lock On Style Chimney
Price: $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, December 10, 2014
I've been trying to replace my lamp chimney and found nothing suitable on sites for antiques. I had low expectations when I ordered this chimney. I had to replace one in an Aladdin lamp that's at least 80 years old. Fits perfectly, down to the grooves that hold it in place. The original was much more delicate glass and shattered into a zillion pieces. Antiques Roadshow wouldn't approve of this replacement but it works for me!

Ikea 301.841.73 Holmo 46-Inch Floor Lamp
Ikea 301.841.73 Holmo 46-Inch Floor Lamp
Price: $16.99
37 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A real deal, December 10, 2014
The bulb sits fairly low in the lamp, which might not work so well for some uses. I also found the shade hard to keep straight despite the mostly useless clamp. That said, it works really well in my vestibule and for less than $20, it's terrific.

Philips 429381 10.5-watt (60-watt equivalent) 800 Lumens 3000K A19 LED Household Light Bulb, Bright White
Offered by JDP Lighting and Hardware
Price: $19.97
7 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, so far., December 10, 2014
Does what I expected. Let's see how long it lasts. I've had it about a month. Much better than a CFU. Who needs all that mercury?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4