Profile for lochagos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lochagos RSS Feed

Barnett Lil Sioux Jr. Recurve Archery Set
Barnett Lil Sioux Jr. Recurve Archery Set
Offered by Always In Touch
Price: $22.58
96 used & new from $16.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Bow is decent but definitely more than 15 pounds, April 6, 2014
I picked this bow because it reviewed well. I have a 9 year old girl who got into archery at a girl scout event. I thought this would be a good Christmas gift for her.

My only complaint is the bow is is way too difficult for her to draw - even my wife has trouble drawing it back. Some reviews read their younger children have no troubles. If this is the case then the quality control on these bows must be awful. I finally restrung my (now antique) 30 pound recurve bow from when I was a child she can draw that without a problem. It is old and definitely not a 30 pound draw anymore, but then the one that I have is far more than 15.

Otherwise this is a decent starter set for a kid. There are finger guards built on the string, it is ambidextrous, good quality plastic handle grip that fits very well, and the arrows are enough to get started with. You will want to purchase more arrows - two is not enough to bother with at a public shooting range. The nock on the arrows have little clips that attach slightly to the string and are quite helpful for beginning archers.

Raspberry Pi User Guide
Raspberry Pi User Guide
by Gareth Halfacree
25 used & new from $4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, April 2, 2013
great intro to Unix for a beginner, good read about the pi for everyone else. I highly recommend this book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking good, October 15, 2012
We bought this for my 7yo Hello Kitty fan, and 'ninja-ed' it onto the back window of Mommy's Explorer. Both kids love it - plus it helps me spot my wife's car in a parking lot. The decal is holding up great after a few months of the worst drought and heatwave in the midwest in many many years.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely laptop decoration, October 15, 2012
We put this on my program manager's laptop as a joke one day, after her complaining about not being able to tell one person's machine from another. She absolutely loves it, to the point that she is sad about having to get a new machine this fall.