Profile for Zazu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zazu "Zazu" RSS Feed (Earth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Why You're Not Married . . . Yet: The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve
by Tracy McMillan
Price: $11.35
68 used & new from $4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Are we still really here????, May 4, 2014
I am so sick of the idea that magical thinking will make it all okay...and that women are "desperate" to find a man. As a perfectly happy economically successful single woman, I find that all this type of thinking does is make people, especially women, feel bad about themselves. I won't bore you with the multitude of stories, but the vast majority of the women (and men) I know dragged themselves through the romantic obstacle course of life in order to find a mate, only to soon wish they were still single and out of that relationship. It's insane.

And I cannot find anything on this author that backs up her claim of being a relationship "expert." She's also a screenwriter, so I honestly think this came out of the need for another career path as I read it. Can't find anything that says she's even married. Kind of like the Men are From Mars and his previous "relationship expert" wife who both had been married multiple times.

The reality is that if we are to have successful relationships, we need to raise our girls AND BOYS to come to relationships as equals and partners. The longer I live, I see how many times these experts come and go and say the same thing over and over again. It does sell books and make some someones a whole lot of money.

Betsey Takes Tokyo
Betsey Takes Tokyo
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Betsey Johnson...., August 11, 2013
It's a pleasure to watch this super-creative, out-of-the-box woman in her daily life. Like most of us, she is fabulously flawed and working hard at dealing with life's issues. Her life just happens to be a more upscale one than most of us enjoy.

I feel sorry for her daughter, Lulu, in that it is difficult to find your own light when you are the product of a famous successful parent. It is admirable that she is willing to put her struggles on display. The viewer can feel her frustration in needing her mother, and, at the same time, wanting to create her own identity and achieve her own place to stand in the world.

The most wonderful part of this show is what an inspiration Betsey is at 70. She enjoys each day and looks for new challenges at a time when most people are acting old and broken down. She is an inspiration and a totally unique creation. That's an awesome thing. For the reviewer who found the show "shallow," I'm not sure how much rawer it can get than for a woman to be honest and open about her relationship flaws, her cancer, and her desire for spiritual, creative growth. I can't imagine what's deeper than that.

I love this show and find it an inspiration to live a life full of fun and adventure.

Shout Trigger, 22-Ounce (Pack of 3)
Shout Trigger, 22-Ounce (Pack of 3)
Offered by Splashdeal
Price: $16.96
9 used & new from $13.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work at all..., August 9, 2013
I have no idea why this product is so popular. I tried it years ago and found the results to be non-existent, even when I treated the stain right away and washed immediately. I recently purchased it again when I took in three foster children and, all these years later, the product still does nothing to remove stains.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, June 29, 2013
My son loves to fly this thing. He hits the ceiling with it a lot, but it keeps on going. It's an excellent product at a fair price.

Love it.

LDR 501 3400 Plastic Drain Protector
LDR 501 3400 Plastic Drain Protector
Price: $6.78
10 used & new from $0.52

1.0 out of 5 stars A total waste of money, October 30, 2012
I actually bought this item at a local store for close to $5.00. It is a total waste as it is too big to fit in the hole in my bathtub so it floats above it when I shower and the hair slides under it. After a couple of showers, I threw it away and bought another type that came two for a dollar at the discount store, and those work like a charm. Save your money.

Kennedy Home Collections Acrylic Jewelry Box with 4 Drawers
Kennedy Home Collections Acrylic Jewelry Box with 4 Drawers
Offered by L-Zone
Price: $28.00
5 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Jewelry box, October 29, 2012
I just got these and love them. Very thick acrylic and heavy-duty. The liner is not felt, but it keeps the items from slipping around. My only concern is if the material (not sure what it is) will affect the jewelry pieces long-term. I use them for my costume collections, so I'm hoping it will be okay. After all, I would think a jewelry box company would know what it's doing. We will see. For the money, these are fabulous.

Update, 4/6/13 -- I bought two more of these from a different seller than Hold and Storage, which is the seller I purchased them from in October and am very happy with. This new seller listed under the Kennedy Acrylic Jewelry box says they ship from California and are selling the Kennedy brand; however, when I received these, I found they are a cheaper version and were made and shipped from a seller in China. These are NOT the Kennedy brand or quality. The seller would not pay for shipping back to China so I filed a complaint with Amazon, and they quickly investigated and refunded my money within 24 hours. I'm rarely purchase from independent sellers who don't ship directly through Amazon, but I'm very impressed with Amazon's quick, professional response on this issue. I will be very careful who I purchase from in the future.

Bling Bow Skull Earrings
Bling Bow Skull Earrings

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing there hasn't been a lawsuit, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Bling Bow Skull Earrings (Jewelry)
It amazes me that these companies get away with copying Betsey Johnson's designs. These can't come close to Johnson's original design and quality.

Koolatron BC-46SS Kool 48-Quart-Capacity Compact Fridge, Silver
Koolatron BC-46SS Kool 48-Quart-Capacity Compact Fridge, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and damaged, August 9, 2012
The freezer section is ridiculous and they would be better off just not having it and offering this as a fridge. The door on the "freezer" section doesn't fit the compartment and the freezer tray is falling off. Oh, and I've never bought a fridge with no back on it, so I'm assuming it's just plain missing. I can see the motor and all the inner-workings. Frankly, this scares me. I'm sending it back and have learned my lesson about buying a product like this online. I'll make sure it comes from a store I can check it out at and return in person.

No One Dies in Lily Dale
No One Dies in Lily Dale
DVD ~ Claudia Woloshin
Price: $14.96
27 used & new from $11.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a very accurate representation..., August 5, 2012
This review is from: No One Dies in Lily Dale (DVD)
While I enjoyed this "documentary," I do question that there was actually a protest at the gates. I've been to Lily Dale several times, and everyone who lives there and has for years says there has NEVER been a protest and that the producer actually paid actors to film that scene. If that is true, this filmmaker should be run out of the documentary field.

The sequence of scenes in the film is also really scattered and seems to be short clips spliced together. Someone commented here that people are paying $65.00 for a few minutes. That's not true. It's generally about forty or fifty dollars for a half hour to an hour reading. They did this in kind of "blurb" format, jumping from one quick scene to the next. There is no real depth here, and it is impossible to capture the energy of Lily Dale in a film. It is the most peaceful, centered place I have ever been and, living a hectic life, I often physically ache to be in Lily Dale and absorb the amazing energy. Even if a person doesn't believe, the energy is like no other.

They also only have a very short clip of people filing into the healing temple with no explanation of what it is or what is happening. I have gone just to be able to go meditate at the healing temple and get a couple of healings each day. It's beyond healing.

As for the claims that these people are "frauds" who are "ripping people off," I would argue that no one is forced to enter the gates anymore than they are forced (at least once they grow up) to enter a church and put money in a collection plate. People are free to go to Lily Dale, yes there's an entrance fee, and roam at will without seeking out a psychic. I'm a firm believer that we all have to experience our own truth and whatever makes us be the best we can be is a good thing.

Overall, it is a solid introduction to the Spiritualist world, but there is much more to the experience than is captured in this film.

Dave's Natural 95% Premium Beef (Pack 12x13oz)
Dave's Natural 95% Premium Beef (Pack 12x13oz)
Offered by DAVE'S PET FOOD
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $20.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't make the grade...., August 5, 2012
I had to switch my dogs to a grain-free food as they have major yeast issues, so I went with Dave's as it gets such great reviews and such a great price. I was so dissapointed as my dogs began drinking water like they were dying of thirst. They actually drank so much water they started to vomit. I eventually switched to another 95% (EVO) food and they are doing great on it. I can only assume that the fillers and salt were extremely high. It's a shame they aren't required to put it on the label.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3