Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for impitbosshereonlevel2 > Reviews

Browse

impitbosshereonl...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 131

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

impitbosshereonlevel2 "impitbosshereonlevel2" RSS Feed (Merced)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Offered by Purple Hydrant Games
Price: $39.90
93 used & new from $30.25

2.0 out of 5 stars The last Capcom fighting game I will ever buy, February 18, 2016
Numerous other reviewers have done a much better job at describing the mediocrity of this game, so I won't go into that much detail. But my gripes with this game are as follows:

1. Having to download a 6GB update on the first day(!)
Because offline play doesn't contribute to ratings and earnings, I completed half of the "story mode" games for practically nothing. Additionally, has Capcom ever heard of "diffing"? Do its programmers actually know how to write efficient code? Maybe every single 3D model, texture, melody and asset has changed? Or do we just assume that requiring the user to download the contents of the disc all over again (with none of the benefits of a digital copy) is now the norm?
2. Laughably short fighter roster
3. Story mode that doesn't deserve the moniker - two to three battles for each fighter!? I completed the entirety of "story mode" within an hour and a half.
4. A "store" that currently serves no function
5. Anime intros/endings that are actually worse than Street Fighter 4
SF 4 got a lot of flack for the mediocre bits anime that it used as a cheap substitute for character stories and endings. I was hoping Capcom would have learned their lesson, done due diligence with some basic mocap for the sequel. Not only does SF V not improve on this, but it actually makes worse, with still anime shots. _Mediocre_ still anime shots.

Completing campaign mode was one of the more fun aspects of SF 4. I actually spent more time on loading screens in SF V than fighting the actual battles - given that each fight is a single round, and each character only has 2-3 opponents to go through.

I'm sure Capcom fully plans to nickel-and-dime me for every additional character they eventually add to the roster, as I don't think I'll ever accumulate enough "virtual cash" to be able to afford them (I'm not that big a fan of multiplayer), and I categorically refuse to pay for them using actual money.

This game is not worth $60 - it's single-player component isn't even worth $5. As a result, I'll happily dust off my SF IV disc (and maybe play SF III in an emulator), but I'll never give Capcom another dime.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2016 11:40 PM PDT

Assassin's Creed Unity, Vol. 1 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Assassin's Creed Unity, Vol. 1 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful soundtrack, undeserving of all the negativity, January 8, 2016
I don't understand all the hate for this volume. It's beautiful, melodic, and very much on par with the rest of the AC series. Don't rely on the negative reviews - check it out on youtube, and you'll see that it definitely warrants a purchase.

Excellent soundtrack, and even with all the bugs, the game itself is a work of art.

SMAKN® High-Power 2-Channel 3W PAM8403 Audio Super Mini Digital Amplifier Board
SMAKN® High-Power 2-Channel 3W PAM8403 Audio Super Mini Digital Amplifier Board
Offered by SMAKN
Price: $7.60
5 used & new from $6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cheapie amp, July 16, 2015
Neat little amplifier, good price. It does hiss more than I'd like, however.

Adafruit 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo DIY Plug
Adafruit 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo DIY Plug
Offered by The_Pi_Hut
Price: $3.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, June 10, 2015
I love buying stuff from Adafruit, but this plug is crappy. I bought a set of 2 and had problems soldering both - the solder would had issues sticking. After applying flux and finally getting the solder to stick, I found that the right channel was bleeding into left and getting distorted. $3 down the crapper.

The second one did work, but not until after a lot of futzing.

Sony PS3 Slim Bluray DVD Drive Replacement For CECH-2001A, CECH-2001B, CECH-2101A, CECH-2101B Playstation Models 120, 250 GB (KES-450A/ KEM-450AAA Laser)
Offered by BestDealsExperts
Price: $59.91
6 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but not trivial to replace, June 5, 2015
The drive on my PS3 started clicking with certain discs, and wouldn't recognize them unless they were ejected and re-inserted - sometimes 15/20 times, so I tried to replace it with this one.

I have previously replaced the drive in my Xbox 360 with little effort, and I had to replace the controller board just as with the PS3. However, this drive is a lot more delicate, and in trying to swap out the controller, I ended up damaging the ribbon cable connector. I eventually ended up locking it in place, but it's very possible that it may get dislodged at some point in the future.

The drive works great, but it does have a slight difficulty when I insert discs - I have to push them in all the way. It would also be nice if this drive included some tools to ease the removal of the ribbon cable.

WEme HDMI to VGA Adapter 1080P Male to Female Audio Video Converter with Micro USB Port Black for PC TV Laptop NoteBook HD DVD
Offered by WEME
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the Raspberry Pi 2, June 5, 2015
I bought this converter, because another converter I got didn't work with the Raspberry Pi 2. This one works like a charm.

Cable Matters Active HDMI To VGA Adapter with Micro-USB Power In Black
Cable Matters Active HDMI To VGA Adapter with Micro-USB Power In Black
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $11.95
59 used & new from $9.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the Raspberry Pi 2, June 2, 2015
I purchased this for the Raspberry Pi 2, because the description (and other reviews) suggest that the device is compatible. However, the device doesn't work with Pi 2, and several comments in another review confirm that this is the case. No image shows up on the monitor, which detects no incoming signal.

Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
by Blake J. Harris
33 used & new from $4.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting documentary novel, December 27, 2014
I like biographies and documentary sorts of books - they provide the insight that's impossible to get otherwise. I also like video games, so I really looked forward to this book.

The trouble for me started in the preface of this book - the author explicitly stated that some of the information is from interviews, but that he's also taken artistic license with parts of the story. For a documentary book, I find that problematic - because it becomes difficult to impossible to tell what actually happened and what's just fluff.

And there's quite a bit of fluff too - the book reads more like a novel than a documentary. The author seems to have insight into events that happened years ago that are unlikely to be remembered by anyone. Thanks to the preface, it's almost impossible to take anything seriously, since it may well have been fiction.

Second issue is impartiality - it's all but obvious where the author's allegiances lie. Very few things are told from Nintendo's point of view, and the book itself is largely a testament of how misunderstood Sega of America was in the eyes of Sega of Japan, and how Nintendo was nothing but a big bully that pushed its consumers around. With some minor modifications, it could've been easily sold as a biography of Tom Kalinske.

All said, it's a book that's worth a casual read - even if it reads like a documentary novel.

Kanex SnapX Compact 2-port One Touch Switch with Audio for Apple LED Cinema Displays 27 and 24 inch
Offered by Office Gear
Price: $52.98
17 used & new from $32.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, November 30, 2014
I can't imagine giving this product anything over two stars, except perhaps because it's the only KVM of this sort I can find.

List of issues with this product:

* Like many others noted, it feels very cheap
* Three months after I bought it, the USB ports stopped working - so now I switch the keyboard cable by hand
* Screen blacks out intermittently, for a second or so. This isn't often enough to be catastrophic, but is often enough to be annoying. Oddly enough, sometimes the volume buttons on the keyboard trigger this (even though the keyboard doesn't go through the switch)
* When the screen blacks out or when I switch to the other computer, the sound balance of the cinema display goes off-kilter. As a result, I have the Sound Preferences panel always open

But I guess the worst part is that I'll probably end up buying it again, since there don't seem to be any alternatives.

UPDATE
Since I wrote this review, I ordered another one. Good news: the USB connection worked on the second unit. Bad news: video didn't. I sent it back.
After fiddling with the old unit, I was able to squeeze out another month of usage by shimming in aluminum foil between the USB plug and the outlet. After about a month, that stopped working as well.

Final word: this device is complete unadulterated crap.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Original Soundtrack)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Original Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack, November 7, 2014
Excellent soundtrack. Game is great as well. Be sure to check out the soundtrack to the original.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14