Profile for Cathy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathy "honest_cmd" RSS Feed (Peabody, MA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Remote Control BN59-00857A Compatibility:SAMSUNG BN59-00857A SAMSUNG BN59-00857A
Offered by QuickShipParts
Price: $16.98
6 used & new from $10.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a Charm, July 17, 2014
Great replacement for my original remote which suddenly stopped working after about 4 years of use. Popped batteries in this new one & it works like a charm right out of the package. No programming required. Solved my problem perfectly!

Needak Mini-Trampoline Rebounder-R02 -Soft Bounce- Black Non-fold
Needak Mini-Trampoline Rebounder-R02 -Soft Bounce- Black Non-fold
Offered by LIVING ESSENTIALS
Price: $318.50
6 used & new from $280.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, but a tad noisy, June 14, 2014
I decided to try rebounding as a form of daily exercise. I live in a one bedroom apartment and do not have a lot of room for large equipment. I'd heard a lot of good things about rebounding, and figured I could do it in the mornings before work & at night while watching TV. I decided to go for the Needak and spend the extra money rather than buy a cheap trampoline at Walmart for 1/4 the price only to have it break on me in a few months. So far, I think I made the right decision. The Needak is solid and it's very easy to fold the legs down and start using right out of the box. My only concern is that in my opinion, it is kind of noisy. The springs do creak quite a bit when I jump on it. I live on the bottom floor, but at times I'm afraid my neighbors can hear it. This especially concerns me when I'm jumping on it before work at 5:00 in the morning. No one has complained, and maybe I'm overestimating how far the noise might carry, but I still expected it to be a bit quieter. Nevertheless, I am enjoying it and would recommend for sturdiness and ease of use. It definitely gives a good workout if you jump for 20 minutes or more at a time. It's a great alternative if you want to move while watching TV in the evenings instead of just sitting on the couch. Maybe a little oil or lubricant on the springs might help the noise. I'll have to try it and see.

Intex Pillow Rest Twin Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump
Intex Pillow Rest Twin Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $47.99
17 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for energency sleeping solution, February 1, 2014
I purchased this bed in order to have sleeping accommodations for a friend visiting from out of town. I am limited on space in my apartment so this seemed like the best choice. Easy to set up & comfortable for sleep. It worked out well. Not sure how long it might last with prolonged use, but we'll see!

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars West Memphis as Second Salem, February 1, 2014
Fascinating documentary showing the ultimate fate of the West Memphis 3. Parallels with the Salem Witch Trials are astonishing. Worth checking out!

John
John
by Cynthia Lennon
Price: $11.11
78 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Balanced, Touching, and Insightful, August 27, 2011
This review is from: John (Paperback)
I found this rendition of John's life to be well balanced and touching. Certainly it is told from one person's (Cynthia's) point of view, but it seems that her view is unique, valuable, and honest. Often relegated by the press as a footnote in John's life, nothing could be further from the truth. Cynthia met John as a teenager in 1957 and was with him for 10 years, giving birth to his son and experiencing the genesis and then meteoric rise of The Beatles. She has an interesting story to tell, and she tells it well. She is fair to all of the parties she writes about, and it seems that she simply tries to present the truth as it happened to her. She acknowledges John's good points as well as his flaws, and presents a well-balanced view of the man. As one of the few people who knew John really well BEFORE he was ever famous, she makes an effort to describe all sides of him. While one might expect her to vilify Yoko Ono, she really doesn't. Again, she presents events as they happened to her, and is honest about her feelings. It is a refreshing approach.

I enjoy biographies that are well balanced and do not present their subjects as perfect. This one falls into that category. It is always enlightening to realize that no matter how famous someone is, they are also a flawed human being. This was certainly true of John Lennon. Like most of us, he had both good traits and bad. While I was disgusted at some of his behavior during his time with Cynthia, it is interesting to note that she clearly never stopped loving him, and that in the end, the good memories outweighed the bad. Theirs is a touching love story, tinged with sadness at the way it ended. Cynthia laments that her greatest wish of rebuilding a friendship with John was obliterated by his untimely murder. It makes her (and all of us) wonder what could have been. But, as Cynthia so wisely notes, to live in reality, you have to deal with what was and what is, not with what could have been.

The book is full of sentimental stories, touching anecdotes, painful realities, and real insight into John's personality, and his views on being a husband and a father. The love that once existed between these two people jumps off every page. I found it most interesting at the end, when Cynthia admits that if she knew at the beginning how it would all go, she would have walked away that day in art class when John tapped her on the shoulder and asked to borrow a pencil. Usually you expect people to say they would have done it all again despite the hardships, but Cynthia is surprisingly candid in admitting that she would not. Again, her honestly is refreshing.

If you like biographies, I would definitely recommend this one. A worthwhile and interesting read.

And the Beat Goes On - The Sonny and Cher Story
And the Beat Goes On - The Sonny and Cher Story
DVD ~ Jay Underwood
Price: $11.00
38 used & new from $5.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Performances, May 21, 2011
As television movies go, this one is fairly entertaining. Based on Sonny's 1991 memoir "The Beat Goes On" it tells the story of Sonny and Cher from their initial meeting through their 1975 divorce and their subsequent reunion on the Letterman show in 1987. The actress who plays Cher in this is uncanny. She has Cher's voice and all of her mannerisms down.

I definitely think this movie is worth watching if you are a Sonny & Cher fan. Be warned though, for the most part Cher is portrayed as an ungrateful witch, who basically uses Sonny to get her career going and then coldly dumps him as she is exasperated with his failings and never satisfied with their level of stardom. I read Sonny's book on which this movie is based, and I have to say that even in the book Sonny did not portray Cher as badly as she comes across in the movie. I'm sure some of the negative portrayal is true to a degree, but there's no way I believe that Cher was as horrible as she seems here. If she was, these two could not have stayed together for as long as they did, nor would their natural chemistry and affection for each other have come across as strongly as it always did on television.

I believe that Sonny and Cher did truly love each other, and unfortunately the movie shows a minimal amount of that affection. It almost feels like you are getting bombarded with the worst aspects of their relationship, which seems like only half of the story. In fact, it is hard to believe (from this portrayal) why Sonny would even LIKE Cher, much less love her. Yes, they had problems, yes, Sonny was a workaholic, yes, they both cheated on each other, and yes, ultimately, the fame ruined their ability to stay together as husband and wife -- BUT there were good times too, as both of them have attested to over the years. In my opinion, there should be more balance in the movie - there just aren't enough "good" moments between them which there HAD to have been in real life. One example is a moment that Sonny describes in the book but which is left out of the movie altogether -- their infamous "bathroom" wedding in 1964 where the two "married" themselves in their bathroom, exchanging silver bands with their names engraved - rings which they wore for years afterward. Instead of showing this sweet, romantic event, Cher just throws out a line prior to their 1969 Vegas Wedding stating that "everyone already thinks we've been married for years." None of the four miscarriages that Cher claims she had prior to Chastity's birth are ever mentioned at all.

Despite it's problems, I do think the movie is worth watching, and the music (sung by really good vocal impersonators) will put a smile on your face and bring back great memories.

Mercury and Me
Mercury and Me
by Jim Hutton
31 used & new from $2.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read; makes you reflect, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Mercury and Me (Hardcover)
If you're a Queen fan, or a fan of Freddie in particular, I'd say this book is worth the read. I found it a bit more personal and emotional than Peter Freestone's book ("Freddie Mercury"), and for that reason I enjoyed it more. One thing Hutton does have in common with Freestone though, is his penchant for skipping from topic to topic, often with no real follow-through or proper transition. As a reader, it's frustrating. Of course, this can be put up to problems with style and editing. Clearly neither Hutton nor Freestone are professional writers, and I think both should have gotten a more skilled ghost writer to work with them. In my opinion, the result of sub-par ghost writers is more or less just a mish-mash of thoughts and memories that don't really flow all that well. Despite this problem in both books, I'd have to say Hutton's book reads slightly better, if only because of the influx of more emotion as was mentioned above.

Hutton definitely gives us a unique - and often not altogether flattering - view of Freddie. It makes you reflect and realize that we are all complex people, and that the face a famous person puts on to the public is not necessarily indicative of the totality of their personality. I can't really say I blame Hutton for writing this book. If I lived with a famous and fascinating person for 7 years, I'd probably want to vent my feelings about him (and everything that happened between us) too. I'm certainly not convinced that Hutton did it only for the money. Freddie left him plenty of that. I think there were emotional benefits for him - a catharsis of sorts - that was probably just as important as any profit he might have made.

In regards to the bizarre love triangle that was Freddie/Mary Austin/Hutton, all I can say is that there are two (sometimes three) sides to every story, and I strongly believe that is the case here. Do I think Mary may have said and done some of the things Hutton outlines in the book? Sure I do. But I also think that only hearing Hutton's side of it is a bit suspicious. I have a feeling that some context was omitted or slanted which may have made some of these accusations/incidents seem quite different (and a lot less horrible) than portrayed by Hutton. We'll never hear Mary's side on these things though, because she will never publish a book on Freddie's private life. She won't even reveal the spot where she buried his ashes because Freddie asked her not to, although it's somewhat interesting to note that in his book, Hutton tries to reveal the spot where he *thinks* they might be. The resentment on this particular issue is clear, although you can't help but feel for Hutton's hurt and confusion that this final task (and secret) was left to Austin and not to him. Why? Only Mercury knows as he was the one who made that choice.

After reading this book, there are a few things I thought were very clear: 1) the jealousy and competition for Freddie's attentions were rampant and constant among most members of his inner circle, even among those who truly loved and cared for him like Hutton, Austin, Joe Fanelli, Peter Freestone, Barbara Valentin, and Peter Straker. 2) Freddie was a very generous person. He was also very insecure jealous, and controlling. 3) Those who were close to Freddie (Hutton, Austin, Freestone, Fanelli, the band, etc.) had a terrible time with his death and could never completely get over his loss. And the strange thing is you get the feeling this would have been the case even if Mercury had not been famous.

I came away feeling a lot of compassion and sadness for Jim Hutton. I thought it was clear that he loved Freddie, but sadly, I'm not convinced Mercury would have stayed with him for the long haul had he not become terminally ill. Whether their relationship would have lasted or not, we will never know. At times I felt protective of Hutton, as it seemed like he was treated more like a slave and/or whipping boy at certain points in the relationship. It certainly sounds to me like he (Hutton) deserved and "earned" every bit of the money he was eventually left in Mercury's will. When Hutton says that Freddie continually warned him away from the cameras at public events because he wanted to protect him, I can't help but hope that Hutton also saw the flip side of that coin - that Freddie did not want the public to know about his relationship with Hutton for fear of what it would do to his (Freddie's) image and the popularity and sale of Queen's product. Hutton says he understood, and maybe he truly did, but nevertheless, it had to hurt.

Overall, I'd say the book is an interesting read and tells a fascinating story of how fate stepped in and turned the life of an ordinary Irish hairdresser into a whirlwind of excitement, experience, and extreme luxury for 7 years - and how that same fate stepped in again and ended everything just as abruptly as it had begun. The story provides a unique view of Freddie that is often quite different from the one he displayed in public, and offers humor and tenderness that confirms the real human feelings and insecurities at work all around. Although we all basically know how it ended, it is haunting and heart-wrenching to read about Hutton's struggle to cope and move on.

Hutton claims that Freddie once asked him, "what are you going to do when I die?" It doesn't take too much imagination to wonder how Mercury would have reacted if Hutton's response had been, "write a book about you!" Regardless, if you can get a copy at a decent price (it's now out of print), then I'd say go for it. It's an easy read and can be finished in a couple of hours or an afternoon. Be prepared to cringe at some of the intimate details of Freddie's last hours, and expect to wish once again that somehow, some way, Mercury and all his crazy charisma could have continued on this earth - for at least another 30 or 40 years longer than it did.

Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury
by Peter Freestone
57 used & new from $0.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointing, February 26, 2011
This review is from: Freddie Mercury (Paperback)
Like many Queen and biography-in-general fans, I was anxious to find a decent, well-informed biography of Freddie Mercury - a bio that would tell the truth in a tactful way, while not exploiting the man. I bought Peter Freestone's book, not because I expected it to be top notch, but because I figured it was probably the best that was out there. My conclusion? It was just ok. That being said, I still feel it is (to date) probably the best Freddie bio that is available. Here are what I feel are the pros and cons of the book, staring with the pros...

Pros -- Freestone knew Freddie personally for twelve years (from 1979 until his death in 1991), and as his personal assistant, practically lived in his pocket during that time being present for professional moments as well as personal ones. It is more than evident that Freestone really cared for Freddie - loved him even -- and that love comes through in the recounting of their years together. The book provides several very entertaining anecdotes about Freddie - ones that give a glimpse into the real man. Freestone provides a fair view of Freddie and isn't afraid to outline Mercury's flaws as well as his good traits. The story is told with much humor - something I think Freddie would have appreciated.

Cons - the book jumps from one story to another with no rhyme or reason. Often the recounting of one story is not yet finished when Freestone jumps to a totally different subject (a different topic, a different year, a different geographical region, a different issue altogether), either never returning to the original story or returning to it about 10 pages later after you've forgotten the first bit. This is frustrating and happens throughout the book. A writer he is not as the book feels extremely disjointed. While there are some entertaining anecdotes, Freestone spends a great amount of time detailing subjects which for me, just weren't that interesting. For example, he spends pages and pages rehashing details of every single video Queen ever made. And when I say rehashing details, I am talking about details that any Queen fan already knows, such as the video concept, the costumes, the video's set, the makeup band members were wearing, the song lyrics, the special effects, etc. Granted, some Queen videos such as Bohemian Rhapsody and I Want to Break Free are probably worth talking about in detail because they were such trendsetters, but ALL OF THEM? No. It's very tedious. In another section, Freestone details every single inch of the interior of Garden Lodge. By this I mean he spends pages and pages talking about what furniture was placed where and the entire layout of the mansion. While a little of this may have been interesting, he goes on about it for far too long, with none of the details really connecting much on a personal level. It is nice for example, to know about Freddie's love for art and his penchant for hanging it all over the mansion, but I didn't need to know the color of every rug and every stick of furniture and where it was placed or the exact location and view of every single room in both the main house and the mews. Again, tedious information told in a boring style that makes you want to turn the page without reading.

On a more positive note, Freestone's telling of Freddie's final months and weeks is very tasteful and touching. His recounting of Freddie's last day and the removal of his body from the mansion is an absolute tear-jerker. You can feel the affection that Freestone had for his boss and friend, and it isn't fake.

Overall, I feel that Freestone wrote this book for the right reasons, but that his writing style and some of the information he presented left a lot to be desired. He included information that seemed extraneous, maybe in an effort to make the book longer, I'm not sure. Then there is other information that he seems to leave out almost entirely, such as Freddie's interaction with and feelings about the other members of the band. All he says about this is that Freddie mostly interacted with them in a "work" setting. That may be true, but there's no way you can convince me that Freddie knew and worked with these three men for 20 plus years and didn't have feelings for them and/or about them. Maybe Freestone just wasn't privy to these feelings/dynamics (hard to believe since he toured with the band for several years and worked for all four of them before he began to work solely for Freddie) so that's why he doesn't talk about them, but it is disappointing. He comments very little on Freddie's relationships with key people such as Mary Austin, Jim Hutton, his sister Kash, his parents, etc. He also throws out bits of seemingly interesting information and then doesn't follow up on it. For example, Freestone comments that Freddie was "very very fond" of Dominique Taylor and remained friends with her even after Roger left her. But then he doesn't really follow up with any anecdotes concerning the two of them, their interactions together, how Dominique reacted to Freddie's illness/death, etc. He provides some entertaining details of a day spent with Michael Jackson in Encino, and then proceeds to tell us that he and Freddie "dished" about the day on their way home. But then he doesn't tell us what all was said other than Freddie lamenting that Michael had money but no taste. Frustrating moments like this are heavily sprinkled throughout the book.

If you're a Freddie fan I would recommend the book, but just be mindful that you'll probably be compelled (as I was) to skip around and only read parts of it, skipping the extraneous information that seems to go on for pages at a time. You may also be frustrated by the disjointed nature of the narrative and stories of events or relationships that Freestone starts to relate and then abruptly fails to elaborate on.

Overall a decent effort with heart and humor. Aside from Jim Hutton (whose book I haven't read), I doubt that anyone else with intimate knowledge of Freddie (and by that I mean Mary Austin, Freddie's family, or any one of the remaining band members) will ever (out of respect and loyalty) write a book on him. If that assumption holds true, Freestone's account is probably the best we're going to get - at least from someone who knew Freddie so well and so personally. I continue to hope for a well researched biography from a respected biographer who wasn't necessarily there, but who is committed to presenting the truth in a fair, interesting, and well-balanced way. The upcoming "Is This The Real Life?" by Mark Blake may be something to watch for if you're looking for a great biography of the band as a whole. I haven't yet seen it or read it, but I hear good things!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2012 4:59 PM PDT

Michael Jackson: Before He Was King
Michael Jackson: Before He Was King
by Todd Gray
50 used & new from $3.37

4.0 out of 5 stars The Way Our Collective Memories Hold Onto Michael, December 26, 2009
If you are say, 35 years or older, I'd venture to guess that when Michael Jackson died, you immediately drew on an image of him that you'd almost forgotten. One that you now prefer to keep in your head forevermore. This image is probably worlds away from the way Michael looked or acted in the last 10 or even 15 years of his life. I'd guess it is a pure image, of a young and vibrant boy-man -- handsome, un-marred by surgery, super-talented, with a 1000 watt smile that hasn't yet been tainted or jaded or beaten into submission by the destructive forces of unsurpassed fame or man's inhumanity to man. If you can identify with such an image of Michael -- and if that image puts a smile on your face -- buy this book. There were never more beautiful images than Michael as he looked on the cusp of his solo superstardom. No one had a clue of what was to come -- the ruinous plastic surgeries, the devastating effects of vitiligo, the prescription drug addiction, the child molestation charges -- they were all in the distant future. Instead, you'll be reminded of Michael as he was -- a beautiful young black man with a talent that almost defied imagination. A young man who was fascinated with the world, had boundless energy, was completely dedicated to his craft, laughed easily, and found solace and comfort in the company of family and close friends -- people who loved him for more than just his fame.

Todd Grey really captures the Michael that all of us of a certain age want to remember. When I leafed through these pictures, I almost cried, mainly because I'd almost lost sight of the Michael who stared back at me. Those were the days, and Todd captures them beautifully. Also enjoyable are Todd's personal stories (short, but sweet) that accompany several of the photos. Michael's terrific sense of humor shines through as Todd describes the day his (Todd's) mother delivered a set of proofs to MJ at the studio. It made me wish that all of those people who really knew Michael the person (not the superstar) would get together and compose a book of these kinds of uplifting and human stories.

My only complaint about this book is that it's a tad annoying to flip to the back every time you want to read a caption. But I assume this was done on purpose so the pictures (all of them full-page) would be unmarred by text. I agree with other reviewers that it is refreshing and poignant to see Michael in a state of pure joy and happiness -- emotions sorely missing from any pictures taken in the last years of his life.

One of my alltime favorite movies is "Peggy Sue Got Married" with Kathleen Turner and Nicolas Cage. It's about a woman who goes back in time in the hopes of preventing herself from making so many of the destructive mistakes one tends to make in one's youth. At one point in the movie, Peggy encounters her mother in the past, and is visibly moved at the sight. She (Peggy) explains, "Oh mom! I'd forgotten you were ever this young!" That's how I felt when I viewed these endearing pictures of Michael. I'd gotten so used to seeing his world-weary, sad, beaten-down, plastic-surgeried, accused self, that I'd forgotten there was a time, many years ago, when just about everyone alive adored this young man and held him (and his talent) in their sentimental hearts. A time when he looked alive and ready to conquer the world rather than ready to leave it. Looking at these pics lets me remember the reasons why Michael will always be King.

Buy this book if you're a longtime MJ fan and want to remember. Or even if you're not, and want to know what all the fuss was about in the first place. It's a great pictorial keepsake, and the images will put a huge smile on your face. Visually, this is exactly the way Michael Jackson should always be remembered. Bravo to Todd Grey for capturing this rare sliver of time with such care. In my own opinion, it was probably one of the happiest times of Michael's short life.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2010 12:59 PM PST

Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson
Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson
by Theresa J. Gonsalves
Price: $16.47
31 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Emotional Read, November 21, 2009
Ever since I read J. Randy Tarraborrelli's almost 900 page biography about Michael Jackson (The Magic and the Madness), I've been fascinated with his brief mention of Theresa Gonsalves, a Michael fan beginning at age 12 - just a regular kid from a working class family in Boston who decided she was going to write to Michael every day for years -- and DID. Theresa also decided that somehow, some way, she was going to meet Michael and talk to him in person by her 16th birthday in 1974 -- and she did that too! She and Michael eventually developed an easy, touching friendship that lasted for the better part of the next 30 years!! "Remember the Time" gives a sweet, emotional, humorous, astonishing, and sometimes sad view into that friendship. Most importantly, it gives a view of Michael Jackson that few people have ever gotten to see. In reality, Michael was so much more than just a singing/dancing superstar. He was just a human being - a son, a brother, a friend, a father - a boy with a great sense of silliness and a man who yearned (as we all do) to be loved - in all the ways that humans can be loved.

The book is large size - 8.5 x 11 -- and large print. It is just 80 pages (I read it in about 45 minutes) and is made up of a series of letters that Theresa writes to Michael in the afterlife. The content of the letters recalls her memories of him, how they met, the way their friendship developed, the years they lost touch and eventually reconnected from time to time, etc. I enjoyed it for its utter simplicity and the view of Michael from a "regular" person's perspective. I also remain fascinated with the young Theresa's unyielding determination to make her dream of meeting Michael come true. Most of us can relate to being obsessed with an actor or a singer when we were young teens -- having their posters on our wall, listening to their songs, watching their movies, and daydreaming about them. But Theresa takes it a step further. Theresa used her "love" for Michael the child superstar to help distract her from the difficulties of everyday life and to keep her focused on what she believed was a worthwhile goal. It worked. Her talent for writing interesting letters and writing consistently (every day for years even though she never got much more than the standard fan club form letter response) eventually caught Michael's attention and made him want to meet her almost as much as she wanted to meet him. She said she always had a feeling Michael was reading her letters and that that's what gave her the motivation to keep writing. And lo and behold Michael was reading -- and so was La Toya and Katherine and many other members of the Jackson family! And when Michael and Theresa did finally meet, Theresa had the chance to appreciate Michael the human being as opposed to Michael the image.

This little book is no grand psychological analysis of either Michael or Theresa. It's language is simplistic and real - almost like a casual speaking voice. It's not a story about some secret, torrid 30 year affair. It's not an MJ groupie seeking attention by claiming to have given birth to his children (although T does claim that a piece of of her own personal life inspired Michael to write Billie Jean). It's nothing like that at all. It's just a brief, touching story about real people and the unlikely bond they forged given their disparate life circumstances. It's about having a dream and doing whatever it takes to make it come true, no matter how much others may doubt you, no matter how many times you get discouraged. It's about love and loyalty and laughter and true friendship. It's about the strange, unexpected roads that life sometimes takes us down, and how fate sometimes brings you full circle. It's about feeling connected to someone for a lifetime, even though you may not see them physically. It's about the positive impact that one human being can have on another.

If you're an MJ fan, or even if you're just a fan of unlikely dreams coming true, I recommend that you pick this one up. It's a quick read, and Gonsalves tells the story with humor and heart and honesty and good taste. She feels comfortable too, revealing a couple of things about her relationship with Michael that she kept personal for decades. And she doesn't do it as a way to seek attention or exploit her friend -- she just tells the truth as she lived it -- and she comes across as believable. Theresa was never some screaming maniacal fan. She always treated Michael like an ordinary person, which is a big part of the reason he seems to have been so fond of her.

One of the best things about this little gem is that you come away from it feeling like Michael would have approved of its contents. And according to Theresa, he'd probably have told her, "make sure they're going to pay you." Whatever she gets paid, she'll also give a good portion of the proceeds from this book to charity - as she knows her friend would have wanted. Bottom line? Theresa's letters to Michael in the afterlife will likely make him smile as much as her real life letters to him did when they were both kids. And they'll put a smile on your face too. :)
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2010 11:28 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2