Profile for T. Wood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Wood RSS Feed (Houston, TX USA)

Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra
Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra
Price: $25.00 - $45.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs Big!!!, July 17, 2012
I am pretty disappointed. First, it runs slightly big. This means there is enough bounce that the bra is not comfortable for high impact exercise. I could deal with the bounce if the bra were at least a little bit sexy and I could wear it for moderate exercise, but the super high neck line negates that. I ended up wearing a bra, this sports bra and then another sports bra over that, which basically means this bra is useless. I was much happier with the following:

Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra

I am able to jog with this sports bra without additional support and I don't look like a grandma in it either.

EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale, Silver
EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale, Silver
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $34.95
18 used & new from $23.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for price, May 17, 2011
Just got the scale and it works great so far! Am definitely pleased it works as well as it does and for such a great price!

Capresso 580.01 Disk Burr Grinder, Black
Capresso 580.01 Disk Burr Grinder, Black
Offered by aSavings
Price: $39.95
9 used & new from $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, May 3, 2011
This grinder has been great so far! I have had it for about 7 months now. I use it daily and have only had it clog once, and even that wasn't a major issue. I just ran the brush through and no problems since. It could be that I don't store my beans in the grinder. I add what I plan on using and store the rest in an air tight container. Hence I may not be getting as much build up in the grinder as others have reported. Anyhow... so far so good! I have had great results for the price.

Good Tidings (A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Book 2)
Good Tidings (A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, April 10, 2011
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series. The characters are very likable. You aren't left with a cliffhanger at the end, which I find annoying in a series, but you find yourself wanting to know more about what happens to the characters. Can't wait for the next book!

Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, Book 3)
Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, Book 3)
by P. C. Cast
44 used & new from $3.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but not as good as Goddess of Spring, April 10, 2011
This book was certainly entertaining. However, having ready Goddess of Spring, I had higher expectations. So I was a little disappointed. It's not bad! It just fell a little flat for me by comparison.

Black Hills
Black Hills
by Nora Roberts
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.99
564 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, February 16, 2011
I normally really like Nora Roberts. The concept was interesting, but the story was really drawn out. So... entertaining, but not one of her best.

The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
by Rachel Saunders
Price: $29.02
67 used & new from $22.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Blue Chair Fruit Jams!, November 11, 2010
I am a huge fan of blue chair fruit, and was a frequent customer at the farmer's market in Oakland. Because I loved the jams so much I took a class on jam making from Rachel and the jams I made were amazing, which I was really excited about since I had never made jam before. I really appreciate that there is no need for additional pectin... it's just fruit, sugar, lemon, and whatever additional herb or liqueur you wish to add to for something a little extra. Sterilizing the jars in the oven made the whole process a lot easier than the traditional water bath method. I also happened to have a copper pot that I purchased in Mexico that worked great... so if you don't want to fork out the money for the french version, the Mexican copper pot worked great (Caso de cobre... traditionally for making carnitas, I believe). I am really looking forward to trying the recipes in the book!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 2:28 PM PDT

Death by Ploot Ploot! (Matrix of Destiny)
Death by Ploot Ploot! (Matrix of Destiny)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining follow up on characters, October 31, 2010
If you enjoyed the matrix series, then you will likely enjoy this book. It's pretty much an extended epilogue to the previous novels. It's definitely not a "must have", but it is enjoyable.

In Kirkpatrick's Woods
In Kirkpatrick's Woods
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a short story, October 31, 2010
I definitely enjoyed the book. It was certainly touching (and steamy, per typical Dara Joy novel); however, it read more like a short story than a novel. I think if I had known that was what the book was going to be like I wouldn't have been quite so disappointed. I was expecting there to be more to it. So... go into this book with the knowledge that it is really a romantic short story.

Madhur Jaffrey Indian Cooking
Madhur Jaffrey Indian Cooking
by Madhur Jaffrey
Price: $22.79
61 used & new from $9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is delicious!!, January 6, 2010
This is one of those cookbooks that I go to when I want to try something new and flavorful. Some of my favorite dishes have come from this book, and I honestly can't think of a single recipe that I have tried that I haven't liked. If you are interested in learning how to cook Indian food, I highly recommend this cookbook!! It is very accessible!!