Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Thelma A. Zirkelbach > Reviews

Browse

Thelma A. Zirkel...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thelma A. Zirkelbach "thelmaz, reader" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Graffiti I Didn't Do, the Prison Time I Did: A Memoir
The Graffiti I Didn't Do, the Prison Time I Did: A Memoir
by Betty Baer
Price: $15.95
16 used & new from $14.15

5.0 out of 5 stars And I'm delighted to say, June 1, 2016
Disclaimer: I've known Betty Baer for years, but I was shocked when she once mentioned casually that she'd been in prison. And that she was convicted of a crime she didn't commit. And that she'd been a Communist. And that she was thinking of writing a book about her experience. And that she'd never written anything close to a memoir before. I was intrigued; I also wondered if she would succeed. And I'm delighted to say, she did. This is a fascinating look into the life of a young woman who believes in social justice and who becomes a victim of the justice system. I was amazed that she learned to cope and keep up her courage in an environment that was absolutely alien to her. This is a fascinating book, well worth reading. I highly recommend it!

Clean Break
Clean Break
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's a new author with a great future. Her debut novel, June 1, 2016
This review is from: Clean Break (Kindle Edition)
Here's a new author with a great future. Her debut novel, Clean Break, is a mixture of romance, suspense and The Nanny Diaries. Down on her luck, depressed, desperate, Lane moves into the only place she can afford, a basement apartment in Brighton Beach. From there, she struggles to turn her life around. She meets Viktor, a handsome but mysterious handyman (I will overlook the fact that he is covered in tattoos because he's mega-sexy). She takes a job as Personal Assistant to Cynthia, a high-strung society woman who is obsessed with dieting, and acts as nanny to her two children, Emily and Mason. (When I read a book with child characters, I'm always tuned in to how they talk--do they sound like kids or someone's off-target version of kids? Emily and Mason are spot-on kid-sounding characters.) As readers we wonder if Lane will survive her demanding new boss, tame the kids, become involved with Viktor despite her suspicions that he works for the Russian Mafia. You'll have to read to find out, and you'll enjoy every minute. I hope to see more of Abby's books.

After You: A Novel
After You: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 23, 2015
Loved knowing what happened after Will's death in Me Before You. Maybe a sequel to this one as well?

Love Unmasked
Love Unmasked
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A romance to remember, April 26, 2015
This review is from: Love Unmasked (Kindle Edition)
Kudos to Linda Steinberg. She's written a sizzling love story with a non-traditional hero suffering from the aftermath of a brutal trauma and a determined heroine who brings him back to life. Steinberg also touches on a subject which many romance authors fear to tackle--gay rights--and does it beautifully. What's not to love about this book? RJ Parker is the most perfectly imperfect heroine you can imagine. This is a book you'll stay up all night to finish.

Press Here
Press Here
by Herve Tullet
Price: $9.09
192 used & new from $2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Press Here (Hardcover)
Cute book for young readers. Hopefully they won't peek.

Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars IIf you like inspiring sports stories, August 4, 2014
IIf you like inspiring sports stories, you'll love this one. And you don't have to know anything about rowing to appreciate the story of these young men and their quest to be the best. The story revolves around one crew member, Joe Rantz, who survived an unbelievable horrible childhood and had the courage to surmount it.

One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars ... reading a newspaper review that said it was quite funny, and I was in the mood for funny, July 27, 2014
I ordered this after reading a newspaper review that said it was quite funny, and I was in the mood for funny. I didn't find it at all funny, engaging or interesting.

Without: Poems
Without: Poems
by Donald Hall
Price: $14.20
85 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this soon after I lost my husband and ..., July 27, 2014
This review is from: Without: Poems (Paperback)
I read this soon after I lost my husband and cried all the way through. Lovely writing that touched me deeply.

Mornings in Jenin: A Novel
Mornings in Jenin: A Novel
Price: $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I might have overlooked the obvious bias--all Israelis are terrorists ..., July 27, 2014
I might have overlooked the obvious bias--all Israelis are terrorists, all Israelis beat Palestinians, soldiers steal babies--if the writing had engaged me, but it didn't. The characters were flat and the narrative writing sounded as if the author was trying to sound "literary" without much success.

Beautiful Ruins
Beautiful Ruins
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Ruins (Kindle Edition)
A love story that lasts through a lifetime, beautifully written

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5