Profile for barry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 818

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pinzon Basics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Queen Mattress Pad
Pinzon Basics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Queen Mattress Pad
Price: $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious and effective mattress pad, April 12, 2015
I researched many of the mattress pads here on Amazon before choosing this one. I got a new inner spring/memory foam mattress about 2 months ago and it had been just too firm for me. I knew I needed a mattress pad but wasn't sure if I needed a 2" foam topper as well. I decided to get the mattress pad first and then go from there. I have been using this pad for 3 weeks now and am actually ecstatic with its quality and how effective it is. It is indeed overfilled and very plush. It is also very well sewn and none of the filling moves about. The mattress pad also stays securely in place with a very generous elastic edging that fits very well under my 12" mattress. People have said it is like floating on a cloud and I never pictured myself saying such a thing but it indeed is! This mattress pad alone has added just the right amount of softness and comfort so that my mattress itself is now very effective and not too firm. Other people have noted they purchased it to soften a mattress as well and it did not work. Important to note this is a mattress pad, not a mattress topper. It is excessively plush and has fill that doesn't flatten either. But I believe it helped me out for I had a quality brand new mattress to begin with. Don't expect it to perform magic on an aged mattress that has become hard.

I lastly want to add I am a bigger guy at 6 feet and 265 pounds and even with my weight the softness and pure comfort this pad provides has in no way lessened over 3 weeks of use. I look forward to going to bed. I am a sleeper who moves around a lot from my sides to my back. I sleep in all positions and it is now done with ultra comfort due to this mattress pad. I plan on taking it off the bed and refluffing it once a month just to make sure I am getting the full benefit I can. In regards to washing this pad is very big (I have a queen size) and I will be taking it to the dry cleaner which is actually how it is recommended to care for it. Huge kudos to Amazon for such a fine product. This mattress pad far surpassed my expectations and I recommend it highly.

Philips Norelco NT5175/42 5100 Nose Trimmer
Philips Norelco NT5175/42 5100 Nose Trimmer
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $19.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multi-purpose trimmer, March 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Excellent timing for me to get this product. My 5 year old nose and ear trimmer is slowly dying and what we have here is a Norelco product that promises to do it all and the great thing is it truly delivers. This unit not only allows you to trim your nose, ears and eyebrows but also provides excellent trimming for beards and sideburns. The precision trimmer is a gem and very easy to hold and manipulate in your hand. Enclosed is a dualcut trimmer attachment, 2 eyebrow combs and a beard comb. My old trimmer worked good but every once in a while when trimming my nose it would nick the outer edge of my nose. This trimmer indeed does not nick, pull or cut. It helps that it is water resistant and it is very easy to clean. There is also enclosed a cleaning brush. This trimmer makes daily maintenance a joy. Lastly and very important to note the motor is very powerful which makes sure you will get the best trim possible. What you get for the price is amazing. Norelco stays true to their history of quality products. Highly recommend.

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2)
Price: $24.99
19 used & new from $19.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Good router for basic home use, March 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This router works very well providing both wireless and wired computer use when linked up with the computer in our home office. In our living room area we have a separate router that has the computer, our tv and blu ray player attached. The router we have there provides seamless streaming on Netflix and the like on our tv so we switched the router out for this one and all services still worked but with snags and some refreshing. But that was certainly demanding a lot of power. For those looking to use this on their home computer network it will provide more than adequate speed and efficiency with a very user friendly setup and excellent security. Just make sure you read up on what it actually offers. If it is suits your needs then this router comes very much recommended. It is indeed a great price for what it does. There is indeed a limit in its capabilities but not everyone is looking for a powerhouse router.

Keystone KSTFA060UAG USB Desk Fan, 6-Inch, Black
Keystone KSTFA060UAG USB Desk Fan, 6-Inch, Black
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fan can be put to good use, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very pleased with this desk fan. I live in the northeast and have some very hot and humid spring/summer days. I don't always like to use air conditioning and have two floor fans for my apartment. But when working on the computer the air can often remain sticky and uncomfortable. This fan conveniently plugs into a usb port and provides a strong flow of air to where directed. Now mind you, it is a small fan and meant for personal use. This is not a fan to circulate air throughout an entire room but rather a fan to provide direct comfort to the user. You can keep it close to you and it works great. Now rather than having to aim my floor fans when on my computer I can plug this into a usb port and get some strong and effective comfort.

Hefty Odor Block Tall Kitchen Bags, Lavender Vanilla, 22 Count
Hefty Odor Block Tall Kitchen Bags, Lavender Vanilla, 22 Count
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars These bags will keep your kitchen smelling fresh and clean, February 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always preferred drawstring garbage bags in my kitchen. They are much easier to tie when ready to discard. And Hefty is a brand I have always trusted. I must admit though that when it came to using scented kitchen bags I went with a competing brand for they used Febreze scents which are a favorite of mine. I am very happy I decided to try these Hefty bags for they put the other brand to shame. Their so called dual action odor control formula is no gimmick. These bags have a lovely lavender vanilla scent that is so refreshing when first removing from the box. I was glad to see that the scent lingered for quite a while after first using it as well. But most important is the odor control these bags do possess. I am an avid cook and there are always some parts of vegetables and other items not meant to go down the garbage disposal so I toss them in the kitchen trash. These bags supposedly neutralize the odor that may be in the bag and block any scent not wanted from leaving the bag. I try to have a kitchen trash bag last for a week and must say that with onion skins, coffee grounds and other things my kitchen has remained totally fresh with these bags. I had definitely liked my previous bags with the Febreze scent but found these Hefty bags to hold the lavender scent longer and I noticed a definite pleasing scent every time I opened the lid to throw away a new item. Highly recommend these kitchen bags and Hefty is now my brand of choice.

Classic Brands Engage 11-Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress, Queen
Price: $383.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mattress, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll quickly start with what everyone else is saying. Getting a mattress delivered by UPS and compressed so it's in a rectangular long box and then seeing it become a quality solid mattress over time is quite amazing. I got the queen size of this mattress and am not sure if it matters but I waited about 2 weeks before I removed my old mattress and unpacked it. The box the mattress comes in will be tattered and falling apart but don't worry - it in no way effects the condition of the mattress. The mattress is encased in a very thick plastic which must be removed before laying the mattress down and removing the thin plastic layer which releases the mattress to come to life.

I had a Sealy Posturpedic pillow top previously and after 8 years was in dire need of a new mattress. It had a deep indentation where my body rested every night. I gave this new mattress a full week before using it. The odor that comes with it had time to fully go away and I wanted to make sure the mattress was 100% in shape before use. This is an amazing mattress. It is indeed a firm mattress and much firmer than the pillow top one I had but a firm mattress helps with so many body issues I have and provides great support. Most important thing is this is a quality mattress. The memory foam and gel layer on top do help to provide a comfort and cooling level which is quite pleasing. I personally will need to decide over time if I want to get a mattress topper to make this one less firm. I have only been sleeping on it for 6 nights and do need to give it a bit of time as I adjust to not only switching to a firm mattress but also as my body adjust to sleeping on a mattress that provides great support rather than sleeping in the shallow well of my old mattress! Lastly I wand to add that I am a bigger guy at 6 feet and 270 pounds. When laying on the mattress it stays supportive and firm beneath me. The rest of the area of the mattress doesn't move at all. I'll have a snack in a bowl on the other side of the bed and as I get into bed it doesn't move at all. I'm very impressed with this mattress and highly recommend it. If you want a firm mattress you are all set and if you want a slightly softer mattress this a great one to begin with and add something for comfort on top. It is indeed at the firmness level to provide the needed support for people with back pain or other body issues. I see this mattress lasting a very long time.

Black & Decker CM5000WD 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker, White/Silver
Black & Decker CM5000WD 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker, White/Silver
Price: $79.00
3 used & new from $59.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker, February 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never gone the k-cup route with my coffee and have been a faithful Folgers coffee drinker and always buy their ground coffee. But what I've always wanted to do is buy coffee beans to grind them myself. This coffee maker provides the best of both worlds. It can be used as a simple regular coffee maker with preground coffee and also has a built in grinder for easy make coffee. It even sets itself up to grind the beans right before adding the hot water for the freshest coffee. Whichever type you choose the strength of flavor, number of cups etc. can be set up very easily. And it also has an auto brew system so your coffee will be made and ready piping hot exactly when you want it. What I most love here is that this coffee maker provides so much while being a solidly built attractive unit. It really doesn't take up much more space than my old coffee maker. Also all the pieces are easy to remove for cleaning. This unit is very user friendly and everything it boasts to do is a true fact about its performance. This is a high end coffee maker at a mid-range price. I've always tended to like Black and Decker products so it really comes as no surprise to me how exceptional this unit is. Word of advise, be sure to read all the directions thoroughly which will ensure fully knowing all the things this coffee maker does and how simple it is to use. Very happy with this product and highly recommend it.

Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Price: $6.89
12 used & new from $6.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and simple way to cleanse your face, February 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use this product at night when I just want to clean my face and feel refreshed before bed. I use a stronger cleanser and moisturizer in the morning. Using this at night you manage to cleanse your face much more than with water itself and it keeps you from having to use a product that may overdry. You simply coat a cotton ball and wipe it all over your face. There is no need to rinse and my face feels fully cleansed after use. I am a guy and it suits me fine. I don't know how it would work for a woman seeking to remove make-up as well as cleanse. If you are in need of a simple product to gently cleanse your face this may work for you. You don't get a deep cleanse mind you but a rather a simple touch up of clean. A little pricey but may suit your needs.

kate spade new york Women's 1YRU0538 Metro Grand Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Coral Leather Band
Price: $168.75
3 used & new from $166.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy elegant watch great for day and evening, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this watch for my best friend and she loves it. I must say I was rather in awe of it myself when I saw it. It's a solid and durable piece of jewelry that shines with class and elegance. It does an amazing job of looking like a definite high end watch but blends perfectly from daytime and work to evening events. The band is said to be coral in the description but the pictures show it as it actually looks. It is a rather fluorescent orange. I think it blends perfectly with the gold of the face of the watch. My friend loves the large size of the face. It is not oversized but perfect to see the time during the day which can often be tough with a smaller watch. For its size it really isn't heavy and the added dials for day, hour and date make it very functional. My friend has a very witty and bright personality and the watch totally suits her persona and style. Her eyes beamed with pleasure when she first saw the watch and after a week of wearing it she says its the best watch she has ever had. I was very impressed by the quality of the watch myself. Kate Spade certainly knows how to suit a woman's lifestyle and personality. I also am impressed with the quality. The watch really does resonate class and elegance. And to be suited for daily use at the same time is a unique thing. Bottom line, quality is quality and that is what you get here. For those disappointed in the band of the watch I say just study the pictures and video closely for they represent the color very accurately. This watch is meant for a certain type of woman and the right woman will fall in love with it as my friend did.

Black & Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender, Black.Blue
Black & Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender, Black.Blue
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $23.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for quick and easy use, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in a studio apartment and lead a pretty active healthy lifestyle. I am often on the go and protein drinks and smoothies with fresh fruit are a frequent part of my daily diet. I have been using a regular blender to make these and this Personal Blender makes it a lot easier. It takes up much less space than the regular blender and makes my smoothies and shakes of the exact consistency I love. The drinks can be made in mere minutes and the 2 20 oz jars with travel lids make it that much better with getting out the door quick with my shake. The whole unit is also very easy to clean. I love it when I find a product that helps make something I always do even easier and that is what this Black and Decker Fusion Blade personal blender does. For someone who lives alone and often needs to do things quick like I do this is great. Definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20