Profile for barry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 804

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hanes Men's 3-Pack Ultimate X-Temp Lightweight Performance Long Leg Boxer Brief, Black/Grey, Large
Offered by Sports Apparel & Intimates
Price: $14.22
5 used & new from $14.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and effective, December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With Hane's products I always know they will be comfortable and fit as they should but with these I wondered if they could honestly deliver as described. And the answer is a definite yes. First off, as I already stated these briefs are ultra soft and fit like perfection seamlessly not pulling or tugging in any way they should not. To test if they truly adapt to body temperature change I wore these for many days here in the northeast going in and out of cold weather, while exercising and jogging and pretty much any activity you could think of. And where when wearing my regular briefs I would sweat and be left damp these did indeed adapt to my body temperature changes and remain warm and protective throughout all changes. I was so impressed I ordered some t shirts as well. For someone who tends to be an excessive sweater these are a true gift. Definitely recommend. They indeed work as advertised.

Ross (Expanded Edition)
Ross (Expanded Edition)
Price: $14.99
25 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remaster of the excellent 1983 album, December 10, 2014
This review is from: Ross (Expanded Edition) (Audio CD)
I love that all Diana Ross's RCA albums have been gloriously remastered by Funkytowngrooves. To some these were the wasted years. I totally disagree. Listening to these albums there are many standout album tracks and some that fall into the category of Ross classics. Most artists were having a difficult time finding the right sound in the early 80s after disco had died and a new techno sound was emerging. Diana Ross managed to do it providing some excellent music as far as I am concerned.

With the 1983 RCA ROSS Diana's vocal performances are superb and she takes a full on r&b urban soul interpretation of the songs, even those that are more pop. From the opening THAT'S HOW YOU START OVER to LOVE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT, LET'S GO UP and even GIRLS she caresses each song with that velvety Ross voice and makes each song shine. The standouts are the funky jammin PIECES OF ICE and my favorite the uptempo UP FRONT. This cd is beautifully remastered and there are 8 bonus tracks that are worth the price of admission alone - 3 different mixes of PIECES OF ICE and 4 of UP FRONT. Add into this the great ballad LOVE OR LONELINESS and in-depth liner notes and you get a Ross gem.

I highly recommend this great expanded edition of the 1983 RCA ROSS not only to Diana fans. but also to all r&b/soul fans. Diana sounds great here and this album stands up there with many of her finest.

ALTA Luxury Hotel Fleece Blanket, Full Queen, Tan
ALTA Luxury Hotel Fleece Blanket, Full Queen, Tan
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $22.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Chemical smell even after washing, December 6, 2014
I had to return this one. I was very disappointed with this blanket for many reasons. I was replacing an old high quality fleece blanket that was starting to wear where it tucked under the mattress. I saw all the rave reviews here so quickly purchased it. I was very surprised by how lightweight it was. It was soft but seemed of lower grade quality and something that wouldn't last long compared to my old one. The one I have was thicker and softer than this one. But perhaps this is just a matter of opinion. The chemical smell it had upon opening was not. I had purchased a cotton blanket, new sheets along with this blanket. I washed everything and only had a problem with this blanket. After washing the chemical smell was just as strong and even stranger for it was now mixed with the pleasant smell of my detergent. I ended up sticking with my old blanket which is of far superior quality and sent this one bad. Must admit I was very disappointed. The smell kept me from being able to try it out and test its true durability and comfort/warmth factor.

Guys Calendar - 2015 Wall calendars - Hot Guy Calendar - Sexy Calendar - Monthly Wall Calendar by Avonside
by MegaCalendars
Edition: Calendar
Price: $10.41
11 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great calendar with hunky men for 2015, December 6, 2014
Every year at this time I go on my search for my calendar of choice for the upcoming year. I found many great options here on Amazon and then realized upon closer inspection that many lacked the normal info on each calendar month. They only listed the days without listing holidays and more importantly having a small square of the previous and upcoming month. I was so glad I realized this and then I luckily found this Guys calendar. Often a calendar can be a disappointment when seen in person but not this one. 12 hunky guys of all varieties in seductive poses shot to definitely show them all at their best. These are not just magazine type shots but true professional quality photos done with impeccable lighting that are truly meant to be seen in large calendar size. The calendar is printed on high grade paper and also has a page showing October to December 2014 so the calendar can be put to use way before 2015. This calendar was printed in the UK. Everything is English but under each month and day each is also typed in 4 other languages. Not sure what they are but this calendar is recommended for not only English speaking people. If you enlarge the picture of the back of the calendar above you will see what I mean.

So I've found my 2015 calendar and couldn't be happier. If you are looking for a calendar with attractive men to help you get through the year this one I highly recommend. Great quality and a great purchase!

Utopia Bedding Cotton Queen / Full Bed Blanket - Plum
Utopia Bedding Cotton Queen / Full Bed Blanket - Plum
Offered by Utopia Deals
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 100% cotton blanket, December 6, 2014
I needed to replace a very old cotton blanket that I had. I use it alone with sheets in the spring/summer months and along with a fleece blanket in the winter. The old one I had was very soft but also felt like a knit and stretched out very easily and quickly became threadbare. But it was comfortable. This Utopia cotton blanket now shows me what a quality cotton blanket should be. It is not stretchy like my old one. It has a weight to it that manages to still keep you cool in the warm months and add warmth in those cool winter ones. I washed it once and it did shrink a little but this was due to my putting it on high heat in the dryer. I got the full/queen size and it fits perfectly on my queen bed. The plum color is very attractive. The blanket is very soft and comfortable and very durable. It's so nice to have a light blanket that still has some weight and where the material does not pull or stretch at its own will. This is a quality 100% cotton blanket and puts cheaper lower quality ones to shame. Definitely recommend.

1500 Thread Count 4pc Bed Sheet Set Egyptian Quality Deep Pocket - Queen, Sage
1500 Thread Count 4pc Bed Sheet Set Egyptian Quality Deep Pocket - Queen, Sage
Offered by My Sweet Home
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality midrange sheets though title is misleading, December 6, 2014
So much is great about these sheets. They are amazingly soft, wash very well and are the perfect thickness for warm summer nights or cool winter ones. The title is indeed misleading. Are they Egyptian quality? I have no idea. And they are said to be 1500 thread count but that info is no where to be found on the package. Sadly most of the negative reviews here are due to this misleading info in the title. These sheets are indeed 100% polyester and of a very high quality especially for such a price. I love these sheets. I added them to all new bedding material - comforter and blankets and they add an extra luxurious touch. I have also washed them many times and the gorgeous color and softness have in no way faded.

For those looking for 1500 thread count that is not what these are. I wish these were advertised for exactly what they are. The misleading info is in no way necessary. They are indeed high quality sheets that can sell very well for what they actually are. I gave a true 5 star review for the thread count etc. didn't matter to me. I got soft, durable, attractive luxurious sheets that are very comfortable. My needs were totally met and then some. I will indeed be buying more.

KitchenAid KCH210TPKM Professional Hard Anodized Nonstick 10" and 12" Skillets Twin Pack Cookware - Black
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality skillets, December 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These KitchenAid skillets are extremely well made and highly durable. I have purchased nonstick pans many times over the years and always found them to not exactly be nonstick or have them wear out very quickly. One big reason for this is I never took the step to go up in price. Definitely got what I paid for. These pans are indeed worth the price. They are very heavy which lets you know they will endure the test of time. The smaller pan is a great size for regular use and the larger one perfect for anything else. These skillets come with simple but very important instructions on how to take care of them. Following these guidelines is very important. I love the sloped edges of these skillets. It makes all cooking very easy. I have thus far used them for eggs, pancakes, stir fry and then for cooking fish and a steak. Seamless cooking of food that slid right of the pan. The quality indeed shows and there is not a layer of nonstick material on the pan edge but rather the whole pan itself seems nonstick. I now know with some things you must pay the price to get the quality desired. Awesome skillets I highly recommend.

Classic Brands U-Shape Memory Foam Travel Pillow, Neck Pillow
Classic Brands U-Shape Memory Foam Travel Pillow, Neck Pillow
Offered by Mattress Firm Inc.
Price: $9.49
2 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pillow for comfort and support, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This travel pillow is of the highest quality and I've found it to provide great benefit with many uses. First, this pillow is different than many other travel pillows for it does not fold up or deflate. It is a permanent shape which is still very easy to pack away in luggage or a carry on. The important thing for me is that it is made of memory foam. It manages to be soft and supportive at the same time while also providing great comfort and health benefits. I don't have serious neck or upper back issues but my neck often feels strained and tired and needs a rest. I have used this pillow once in air travel and it made resting on the plane a breeze and upon landing it was so nice to have no pain. I have found even more use for it though at home. It comes in very handy with my high back office chair. When I've been on the computer a lot leaning back into this pillow takes away all tension. I also have used it lying on the couch watching tv. It keeps my neck in a position that is always comfortable and pain free.

I highly recommend this pillow but stress to remember that this is made of memory foam. Memory foam is meant to be supportive and provide health benefits with its cushioned yet firm foam density. If you need a softer product then high end memory foam isn't for you. If you need something to provide support and comfort then it will work for you. I love it.

European Hunks 2014 Wall Calendar
European Hunks 2014 Wall Calendar
by Joan Crisol
Edition: Calendar
Price: $13.49
5 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photographs by Joan Crisol make this a worthy purchase anytime, November 8, 2014
I needed to write this review for it is the time of year to seek out calendars for the next year. This calendar of European Hunks has been my wall calendar for 2014. Even though the year is almost up this calendar is also a great purchase just for the photographs. Indeed all the men are manly and attractive but Joan Crisol manages to find the best poses and uses the perfect lighting and settings to totally enhance the assets of each model. Each picture is indeed a quality piece of art on its own and the pages of this calendar are of the highest quality glossy paper. And it can also be used for 2015 for the last page lists all the dates for the 2015 months.

When purchasing a calendar online you can't always be sure you are getting what you want and indeed if you are looking for one with high quality artistic photos for further use this calendar is still highly recommended. I was really disappointed that the same one isn't being released for 2015. it would have made my choice of a 2015 calendar very easy. Purchasing this calendar now will indeed provide you with beautiful artwork by Joan Crisol to be enjoyed for years to come.

OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser
OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent attractive soap dispenser, November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Oxo Good Grips soap dispenser is stylish and very user friendly. I use mine by the kitchen sink to replace the bottle of liquid detergent. This dispenser has a non-slip base and top button and these features plus the design with it starting slim at the top and becoming larger at the bottom make sure that the dispenser will always remain sturdy and in place. No matter how many times you press the dispenser and no matter how much liquid is in it it will always stand firm. It is also very kid friendly. It is so easy to fill and holds a generous 15 ounces. Just a squirt or two on my kitchen sponge does the job and is so much easier than struggling with the detergent bottle itself. Add to that the very attractive stainless steel design with a clear lower portion that allows you to see how much liquid is in there and it becomes the perfect dispenser. It will definitely add style and function to any décor. Highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20