Profile for barry > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 920

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Eyekepper Metal Frame Spring Hinged Arms Reading Glasses 3 Pair Valupac Metal Readers 100
Offered by Eyekepper
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent glasses, July 23, 2014
I have recently become in need of +1 reading glasses for help with my vision when watching tv. I went to a local drugstore to find some and bought a pair for $22 - an outrageous price to be sure. Then when I wore them at home the hinges were wobbly and they were very cheaply made. So a return was made and onto Amazon I went.

I saw this set of 3 at an amazing price with overall great reviews and thought I'd try them. These are great glasses. I am a big guy with a big face and have bought reading glasses from local stores over the years that were a tight fit on my face. These glasses fit my face perfectly , the hinges are solidly built and you can also shape the ends of the glasses or the nose pillows for a better fit if need be. These glasses are almost of the same quality as the prescription thin frame glasses I have. I am so impressed. I also must note that each pair was wrapped separately in plastic and each arm with each pair was also wrapped in plastic. Excellent packaging and I got them fulfilled by Amazon so I received them in 2 days with my Prime.

I never thought I'd be writing a review for over the counter reading glasses but these are so well made and of such great quality and such a great fit I had to. There is no need to pay the outrageous prices at local stores for a far lesser quality product. Here for a great price you get excellent durable glasses. Highly recommend.

Seal-It Poly Bubble Mailers 24-Pack - 6x9-Inches Size #0
Seal-It Poly Bubble Mailers 24-Pack - 6x9-Inches Size #0

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior and durable bubble mailers, July 23, 2014
You wouldn't think there would be a lot to say about bubble mailers but these Seal-It Brand mailers are excellent and deserve a true rave. I sell a lot online and have always used Scotch bubble mailers and then I saw these much cheaper for a pack of 25 and thought I'd give them a try. Everything about them other than the size is different from the Scotch brand and makes them much better. They are made of a very strong and durable plastic, have superior bubble protection and the adhesive seal is very strong and stays firmly in place. These mailers are also waterproof which Scotch mailers are not. Also with Scotch often when I applied the shipping labels they wouldn't permanently adhere and I'd have to use tape to keep them secure. With these Seal-It mailers my labels always adhere firmly. I highly recommend these bubble mailers. You will be impressed by the quality and durability of the plastic and know that they will work very will to protect any item in shipping. And for so much cheaper than the Scotch mailers they are a true find. I am going to try and find all my different size bubble mailers in this brand from now on.

American Crew Defining Paste, 3 Ounce
American Crew Defining Paste, 3 Ounce
Offered by America's Beauty Supply
Price: $10.63
80 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but just not for me, July 23, 2014
I have used other American Crew products over the years and liked them. Now older my hair has gotten thinner and my hair stylist recommended this for me. I get my hair cut very short with a #3 razor on the sides and back and leave just enough on the top to spike. I do let it grow in quite a bit between cuts. As is often the case, when she used the product on me it looked great but when I tried myself at home I just couldn't get it to look good. I have thinning fine hair and I found this product stuck to my fingers or went onto my hair in clumps. I think the product is fine and that it is meant for someone who can take a small amount, rub it between their fingers and apply it to make their hair look fuller and styled. For me due to the thinness of my hair I just couldn't get it to work. It made it flat and greasy instead. I prefer gels or mousses for myself. So I am in no way knocking the product. It just wasn't meant for someone with hair like mine.

AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder with Pullout Basket
Price: $179.99
2 used & new from $150.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high quality shredder, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is indeed a high quality durable shredder and I was impressed with it from the moment I took it out of the box. My previous shredder was a 12 sheet cross-cut shredder. It worked fine but it actually took 8-9 sheets at the most and the basket filled up quickly. This 24-sheet shredder is indeed a large piece of equipment but that is due to its high quality. The unit has wheels for easy maneuverability which is a great bonus. The top piece is vey solidly built and very user friendly. The slot to insert the paper or credit cards/cd's is very easy to use and it does not come with tons of unnecessary buttons. There is the power on button with the reverse or forward access in case of a jam. And the unit protects itself and stops running if the door is open, there is an overload or overheat. And there are signals for all these if an error does occur.

I use my shredder at my desk in my home and this shredder is awesome for it has a truly huge basket and it slides out very easily. You don't need to remove the top as you do with many other shredders. I have had this shredder for a month now and am very impressed with how quiet it runs, how seamlessly the paper goes through and how easy it shreds cds and credit cards as well. Of course in this day and age a cross-cut shredder is an absolute for you need the cross-cut to fully shred the paper. I highly recommend this shredder. It is heavy, solid and built for the long haul. But do be sure to note the size of the unit. Luckily I have a spot for it right next to my desk but for some it may be too big. It's size is necessary for that is how big the basket is. I think this unit would be perfect for any business or home use where there is a need for lots of shredding.

Lasko 2526 16' Adjustable Pedestal Fan
Lasko 2526 16' Adjustable Pedestal Fan
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: $34.95
59 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worried at first but ends up working very well, July 21, 2014
I hate to see the phrase you get what you pay for and it is very sad when it is true. Putting together this fan was easy (the overwritten instructions did seem to overcomplicate it). The pole fit into the base and secured well. The adjustable pole that goes into that went on easily too and the knob holds it firmly in place at the height I want. It is the motor and fan pieces themselves that are the problem. The motor piece sits on top of the pole but does not tighten into place and it wobbles easily. As most have said snapping the fan shell into place is very difficult due to the cheap plastic. Luckily all my snaps were intact and most of them eventually went into place. The most important part is the fan blades and they are solid and fit securely in place. After reading reviews here and with the motor wobbling easily in its place I was looking for problems.

I can happily report that this fan has after one month of use performed very well and has been in constant use due to this hot summer in the northeast. I move my fan around a lot and the fan shell stays securely in place and the motor stays in place as well. The fan puts out a great amount of air and I tend to need only the first and second setting. For all the worry the fan works great whether in a solitary position or oscillating. Even oscillating at the highest level it flows seamlessly. It does not shake or vibrate and the plastic in no way hinders its performance. I can happily say I am very pleased with this fan. I readjust the height often and move it about often and the fan remains sturdy. The company states that this fan is a silent fan though and this is not true at all. It is rather noisy and I need to turn my tv up quite a bit when on the second setting.

I recommend this fan. It is priced great and works well. I must add though that I am discouraged to see Lasko using such cheap materials for their lower end products. They are a name brand and quality should be expected. As I've read other reviews I see many had the fan blade arrive damaged or the outer fan shell have snaps broken off. I can easily see how this could happen. Luckily mine went together well and works fine. I do recommend making sure you buy this from Amazon themselves and not a third party seller for then if any issues arise Amazon is great with returns. But again, for me, it is providing great air flow and circulation and helping out this very hot summer.

Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Men's Razor With Flexball Handle Technology With 1 Razor Blade
Price: $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great razor, July 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using the Gillette Fusion Manual razor for years and love it. Whenever a product comes up with a version new and improved I am wary if the claims are true and if changing to it is necessary. Here Gillette does an amazing job with the enhancements on the Fusion ProGlide. The flexball technology is very precise and allows the razor to move seamlessly into areas that may have been difficult in the past. And when they say the blades are thinner and the best they've ever had it is no lie. Even after about 20 shaves with one cartridge they give me the closest shave I've ever had and the blades rinse out much easier than others. Here Gillette has taken a great razor and made it better with user friendly enhancements. Highly recommend.

Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco (Travel Guide)
by John A Vlahides
Price: $9.46
53 used & new from $7.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Great asset when walking the streets of San Francisco, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pocket guide is the perfect companion when visiting San Francisco. It is not be confused with the larger regular San Francisco guide. The pocket guide doesn't provide info on hotels nor extensive info on getting there. Instead it is exactly what it states. It gives great suggestions on the best sights to be seen and how to do them to get the best experience. It also tells you in all neighborhoods the best tourist walks, restaurants, shopping and recommends things for both day and night. What I found the most useful about this guide is how it really gives advice in detail on how to see the city as the natives do. With this guide you can travel the city and easily feel like a local. It also provides a big pull out map and within the book has smaller maps of each neighborhood. Definitely recommend as a helpful tool when visiting San Francisco.

Lonely Planet San Francisco (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet San Francisco (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: $16.73
64 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent San Francisco guide, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I have come to find Lonely Planet the best guide books when traveling. Compared to other guides their books are always a very user friendly size and not overly bulky so you can carry it around easily. With San Francisco they do an excellent job of providing descriptions of each neighborhood and area of the city, tourist attractions and manage to fully capture the magic and diversity of the city. Within each area there are numerous price range options and reviews for restaurants, where to stay and shopping. No guide book can list every place there is but Lonely Planet manages to always be correct and up to date on prices, stats and do provide reviews that truly help the reader in making decisions. They also provide tons of beautiful pictures and a pull out map. I recommend this travel guide to new visitors as a great introduction to the city with much true and valuable information.

WordPerfect Office X7 Home and Student
WordPerfect Office X7 Home and Student
Price: $69.99
30 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big fan of WordPerfect, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this updated X7 version of WordPerfect. I have used this program for years and what I love about it beyond how user friendly it is as well as its precision in its productivity is that with each upgrade additions may be small or big but the program never lessens in its top of the line level of excellence and performance quality. I have a Windows 7 computer and this program installed easily in under 10 minutes. It also seamlessly upgraded from my previous version.

Still excellent for all documents plus presentations, spread sheets and slide shows there is now a Mail Merge Wizard that speeds up making envelopes, letters and labels. One thing I have always loved about WordPerfect is that it is very user friendly and I find there now to be even more tutorials as well as an excellent user guide. For me WordPerfect is always my program of choice and the new X7 retains its excellence along with a macro manager and an app for ipad. Add in helpful updates in other areas as well and this program becomes hard to beat. Definitely recommend it.

Five Star Angle Zip And Backpack, Blue (72382)
Five Star Angle Zip And Backpack, Blue (72382)
Price: $20.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this backpack, June 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love this Five Star backpack. It is made of the highest quality polyester and the stitching and zippers are strongly reinforced. I don't see this tearing or falling apart no matter how much use it gets. What I also love is it has many pockets for storage while managing to not be as huge and cumbersome as some backpacks are. There is a laptop sleeve, an angular sleeve for small items and two very large main compartments. The straps on the back are very comfortably padded and easy to adjust.

I carry this bag with me everywhere I go. And I cannot stress how great it is due to its size. Whether using all pouches or just a few and you need a bag to carry to hold small things this backpack will do it all. And the mesh water bottle holder is very efficient and also very well made. Some backpacks are cheap and even if attractive you can tell seams will tear and it won't last for long. I don't worry about that here at all. And the colors of it with the blue and black are very attractive. Highly recommend this Five Star backpack. It is very well made, has all the compartments you could need and will sturdily handle all your stuff whether a lot or a little.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20