Profile for barry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 814

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hefty Odor Block Tall Kitchen Bags, Lavender Vanilla, 22 Count
Hefty Odor Block Tall Kitchen Bags, Lavender Vanilla, 22 Count
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars These bags will keep your kitchen smelling fresh and clean, February 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always preferred drawstring garbage bags in my kitchen. They are much easier to tie when ready to discard. And Hefty is a brand I have always trusted. I must admit though that when it came to using scented kitchen bags I went with a competing brand for they used Febreze scents which are a favorite of mine. I am very happy I decided to try these Hefty bags for they put the other brand to shame. Their so called dual action odor control formula is no gimmick. These bags have a lovely lavender vanilla scent that is so refreshing when first removing from the box. I was glad to see that the scent lingered for quite a while after first using it as well. But most important is the odor control these bags do possess. I am an avid cook and there are always some parts of vegetables and other items not meant to go down the garbage disposal so I toss them in the kitchen trash. These bags supposedly neutralize the odor that may be in the bag and block any scent not wanted from leaving the bag. I try to have a kitchen trash bag last for a week and must say that with onion skins, coffee grounds and other things my kitchen has remained totally fresh with these bags. I had definitely liked my previous bags with the Febreze scent but found these Hefty bags to hold the lavender scent longer and I noticed a definite pleasing scent every time I opened the lid to throw away a new item. Highly recommend these kitchen bags and Hefty is now my brand of choice.

Classic Brands Engage 11-Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress, Queen
Price: $383.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mattress, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll quickly start with what everyone else is saying. Getting a mattress delivered by UPS and compressed so it's in a rectangular long box and then seeing it become a quality solid mattress over time is quite amazing. I got the queen size of this mattress and am not sure if it matters but I waited about 2 weeks before I removed my old mattress and unpacked it. The box the mattress comes in will be tattered and falling apart but don't worry - it in no way effects the condition of the mattress. The mattress is encased in a very thick plastic which must be removed before laying the mattress down and removing the thin plastic layer which releases the mattress to come to life.

I had a Sealy Posturpedic pillow top previously and after 8 years was in dire need of a new mattress. It had a deep indentation where my body rested every night. I gave this new mattress a full week before using it. The odor that comes with it had time to fully go away and I wanted to make sure the mattress was 100% in shape before use. This is an amazing mattress. It is indeed a firm mattress and much firmer than the pillow top one I had but a firm mattress helps with so many body issues I have and provides great support. Most important thing is this is a quality mattress. The memory foam and gel layer on top do help to provide a comfort and cooling level which is quite pleasing. I personally will need to decide over time if I want to get a mattress topper to make this one less firm. I have only been sleeping on it for 6 nights and do need to give it a bit of time as I adjust to not only switching to a firm mattress but also as my body adjust to sleeping on a mattress that provides great support rather than sleeping in the shallow well of my old mattress! Lastly I wand to add that I am a bigger guy at 6 feet and 270 pounds. When laying on the mattress it stays supportive and firm beneath me. The rest of the area of the mattress doesn't move at all. I'll have a snack in a bowl on the other side of the bed and as I get into bed it doesn't move at all. I'm very impressed with this mattress and highly recommend it. If you want a firm mattress you are all set and if you want a slightly softer mattress this a great one to begin with and add something for comfort on top. It is indeed at the firmness level to provide the needed support for people with back pain or other body issues. I see this mattress lasting a very long time.

Black and Decker CM5000WD 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
Black and Decker CM5000WD 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
Price: $80.06
4 used & new from $71.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee maker, February 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never gone the k-cup route with my coffee and have been a faithful Folgers coffee drinker and always buy their ground coffee. But what I've always wanted to do is buy coffee beans to grind them myself. This coffee maker provides the best of both worlds. It can be used as a simple regular coffee maker with preground coffee and also has a built in grinder for easy make coffee. It even sets itself up to grind the beans right before adding the hot water for the freshest coffee. Whichever type you choose the strength of flavor, number of cups etc. can be set up very easily. And it also has an auto brew system so your coffee will be made and ready piping hot exactly when you want it. What I most love here is that this coffee maker provides so much while being a solidly built attractive unit. It really doesn't take up much more space than my old coffee maker. Also all the pieces are easy to remove for cleaning. This unit is very user friendly and everything it boasts to do is a true fact about its performance. This is a high end coffee maker at a mid-range price. I've always tended to like Black and Decker products so it really comes as no surprise to me how exceptional this unit is. Word of advise, be sure to read all the directions thoroughly which will ensure fully knowing all the things this coffee maker does and how simple it is to use. Very happy with this product and highly recommend it.

Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Price: $6.89
9 used & new from $6.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and simple way to cleanse your face, February 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use this product at night when I just want to clean my face and feel refreshed before bed. I use a stronger cleanser and moisturizer in the morning. Using this at night you manage to cleanse your face much more than with water itself and it keeps you from having to use a product that may overdry. You simply coat a cotton ball and wipe it all over your face. There is no need to rinse and my face feels fully cleansed after use. I am a guy and it suits me fine. I don't know how it would work for a woman seeking to remove make-up as well as cleanse. If you are in need of a simple product to gently cleanse your face this may work for you. You don't get a deep cleanse mind you but a rather a simple touch up of clean. A little pricey but may suit your needs.

kate spade new york Women's 1YRU0538 Metro Grand Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Coral Leather Band
Price: $125.00
5 used & new from $122.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy elegant watch great for day and evening, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this watch for my best friend and she loves it. I must say I was rather in awe of it myself when I saw it. It's a solid and durable piece of jewelry that shines with class and elegance. It does an amazing job of looking like a definite high end watch but blends perfectly from daytime and work to evening events. The band is said to be coral in the description but the pictures show it as it actually looks. It is a rather fluorescent orange. I think it blends perfectly with the gold of the face of the watch. My friend loves the large size of the face. It is not oversized but perfect to see the time during the day which can often be tough with a smaller watch. For its size it really isn't heavy and the added dials for day, hour and date make it very functional. My friend has a very witty and bright personality and the watch totally suits her persona and style. Her eyes beamed with pleasure when she first saw the watch and after a week of wearing it she says its the best watch she has ever had. I was very impressed by the quality of the watch myself. Kate Spade certainly knows how to suit a woman's lifestyle and personality. I also am impressed with the quality. The watch really does resonate class and elegance. And to be suited for daily use at the same time is a unique thing. Bottom line, quality is quality and that is what you get here. For those disappointed in the band of the watch I say just study the pictures and video closely for they represent the color very accurately. This watch is meant for a certain type of woman and the right woman will fall in love with it as my friend did.

Black and Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Black and Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for quick and easy use, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in a studio apartment and lead a pretty active healthy lifestyle. I am often on the go and protein drinks and smoothies with fresh fruit are a frequent part of my daily diet. I have been using a regular blender to make these and this Personal Blender makes it a lot easier. It takes up much less space than the regular blender and makes my smoothies and shakes of the exact consistency I love. The drinks can be made in mere minutes and the 2 20 oz jars with travel lids make it that much better with getting out the door quick with my shake. The whole unit is also very easy to clean. I love it when I find a product that helps make something I always do even easier and that is what this Black and Decker Fusion Blade personal blender does. For someone who lives alone and often needs to do things quick like I do this is great. Definitely recommend.

2.17 fl oz. Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops, Moisture Drops for Dry Eyes. 4- .5 fl oz. bottles and 1- .17 fl oz bottle
Offered by trendywatch
Price: $20.95
25 used & new from $20.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Only eye drops for me, January 14, 2015
I had lasik surgery years ago which worked great but now have dry eyes and an eye condition called blepharitis. These are the only drops my eye doctor recommended and also the only ones I found truly work with my own trial and error with different drops. These drops are very comfortable and soothing on the eye when used and the lubricating effect is pretty instantaneous. I use them daily in the morning and evening. By doing this my eyes never get the grit feeling or slightly blurred vision associated with dry eye. Other drops I tried either burned the eyes a little or just didn't continue to work over time and I needed to use them more frequently. My local drugstore has their version of this eye drop but with certain products you need to stay with the name brand. I stand true by the Refresh tears and highly recommend them to anyone with continuous dry eye. And the true testament is my eye doctor always telling me he can tell I am using the drops by the moisture of my eyes. If you've struggled trying out other brands of eye drops Refresh just may be your answer. They are the only ones for me.

High Sierra Fat Boy Backpack (Black)
High Sierra Fat Boy Backpack (Black)
Price: $20.71
15 used & new from $19.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A great durable backpack, January 14, 2015
I have gone through so many backpacks over the past few years and the zippers either broke or material tore and this was just with every day use. I have been using this Fat Boy backpack for 2 months now and am thrilled with it. It is not just ok or just of acceptable quality. This is a great backpack. It has so many pockets that it fulfills any need imaginable I may have. There are 2 large pouches and a mid size pouch that has a pocket, key ring and other storage compartments. The front has a small zippered pocket that holds quite a bit and is perfect for keys and items needed to be on the ready. Due to the problems I had with other backpacks I eased into use with this one and that was not necessary at all. The Fat Boy backpack is made of very strong durable duralite material and is made to withstand heavy use and still hold strong.

I only have positive things to say about this backpack. First, it is a very attractive bag. Each zipper has two ends and are very strong and never catch on anything or show sign of wear no matter how stuffed the backpack may be. I use it every day and it has gone from being stuffed to the brim with heavy books and other items to just dragging it around with the daily necessities. The bag is a perfect size that is great for use with minimal storage and expands to a huge size when each storage area is fully packed. And as I said it never shows wear. The straps are very comfortable, the clip in front with which to add heavy gear is very helpful and most importantly for me the small handle on top is very durable as well. That is often how I carry the bag and again, it never pulls or shows signs of wear. Also of importance is the material of the inner sleeves and that is strong as well and will not tear. I have also used this backpack in the rain and it has never gotten wet inside.

I recommend this backpack very highly for any possible use from school to hiking or even overnight traveling. It can be small and slim when need be and does indeed open up to be a true fat boy when filled to the brim and you will be amazed at all it will hold. I'm thrilled I discovered this brand. It comes with a 5 year warranty and is of the highest quality.

Downton Abbey Engagement Calendar 2015
Downton Abbey Engagement Calendar 2015
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar
Price: $8.97
27 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality spiral engagement calendar with glorious Downton pictures, January 14, 2015
Often engagement calendars such as this aren't of the highest quality. That is far from the truth with the 2015 Downton Abbey engagement calendar. The pages are of excellent quality glossy stock paper. Each page which has the dates has 7 days on it with the current, past and next month in small print at the bottom. And every other page is a glorious picture of the cast and set of Downton. These beautiful photos are definitely enhanced by the quality of the glossy paper on which they are printed. This calendar indeed does Downton proud and will make any fan very happy. Also each date is within a spacious rectangular square for plenty of writing. In the back there is a page showing all the months for 2014, 2015 and 2016 plus lovely lined blank pages for notes. Love this engagement calendar and can't recommend it enough !

Never Been Better: Deluxe Edition
Never Been Better: Deluxe Edition
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $24.49
23 used & new from $10.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Olly just keeps getting better!, December 31, 2014
The title of Olly Mur's new cd NEVER BEEN BETTER says it all. He has never been better!! I am a huge Olly fan and am so glad I discovered him. I am still waiting for him to fully take the US by storm. He has such a strong individual identity to his music and its a style we are definitely lacking here in the US. Songs may have a tinge of Maroon 5 at times or even Bruno Mars to Michael Buble but when it comes to it there is only one Olly Murs. He is a true artist - a singer and performer with a cheeky personality and amazing voice with a range that can go to the very low to high falsetto. The first single here WRAPPED UP is a feel good disco tinged danced track that is amazing. The opening track DID YOU MISS ME starts things off with a strong uptempo beat that had me answering "Yes I did miss you Olly!!" The song also sets a high order for the rest of the cd. I have loved all of Olly's cds and don't think there is one bad track on any of them but here on NEVER BEEN BETTER he manages to raise the bar. His style and passion is still in the forefront but this cd is in no way a rehash of other albums and other hits like DANCE WITH ME TONIGHT or TROUBLEMAKER. BEAUTIFUL TO ME and NOTHING WITHOUT YOU are beautiful ballads and HOPE YOU GOT WHAT YOU CAME FOR, WHY DO I LOVE YOU and CAN'T SAY NO are awesome uptempo tracks.

A real standout here is also UP a great duet with Demi Lovato. The thing with Olly is on his cds each song comes to life with his true artistry and emotive ability. This guy can really sing and his strong vibrant personality that is such a major part of his charisma also shines thru on all tracks. And Olly is an artist that makes his music even better when performed live and if you have seen him with each superb track here you can just envision it being brought to life with his intense passion and talent STICK WITH ME is an anthemic type song and the regular cd ends with two lovely slow almost a cappella ballads TOMORROW and LET ME IN that truly showcase Olly's vocal abilities. The deluxe edition comes with four additional tracks including the standouts WE STILL LOVE and HISTORY.

If you are an Olly fan already purchasing this will be a no brainer but if you are just finding out about Olly Murs I highly recommend this cd. Olly is the real deal and an artist to definitely be following. This is his fourth studio album and he just continues to grow and get even better and the future for him is timeless. He is so huge in the UK and I really hope with this cd the US can get on board as well. I love Olly. NEVER BEEN BETTER is my favorite song on this new cd and the title sums up the cd as a whole. Can't recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20