Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for barry > Reviews

Browse

barry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 900

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lenox Butterfly Meadow "Laugh Everyday" Dish
Lenox Butterfly Meadow "Laugh Everyday" Dish
Price: $15.89
3 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational beautiful plate, January 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Lenox dish is really quite lovely. It is perfect to use for keeping change or keys in but for me the beauty of the design and the classy elegance of the inspirational saying is something I want to see every day. The plate is small but built with the Lenox quality you expect so it definitely makes an impact. I have it on my home work desk and it always brightens my day. You could also use a plate stand to have it standing on an angle which would be quite nice especially if you get a couple of these plates and have a display of them. Bottom line, due to the elegant styling of this plate the saying "Laugh Everyday" is in no way corny but rather something that puts a smile on my face every day.

Furinno Angeland HealthySleep Visco Elastic Luxury Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow, CertiPUR-US Certified, 5 Year Warranty, 25x24x12
Price: $48.62
7 used & new from $44.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't use it for anything, January 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I already use a long wedge pillow for sleep due to gerd and a smaller one for sitting up in bed. I was very excited to gat a new one but sadly this bed wedge pillow as it is called doesn't help me with anything. The pillow is very wide and very firm which I thought would be a good thing. But it is so firm that when used as a resting pillow to sit up in bed etc. it is so firm it gave me back pain that I had never had before. And I am a heavy guy. There was just no way to make it even bearable. And for sleep the firmness is good for I am a side sleeper but it isn't long enough to provide the benefits needed to help with gerd. You need a pillow that is long enough so it goes below the waist so the entire stomach area is kept open and free to help with the gerd. When I told my doctor about my experience with this pillow he told me to stop using it immediately. I am 6 feet and sadly the pillow is now just sitting in the corner of my bedroom getting no use. There are much better alternatives to this pillow out there.

My iPhone (Covers iOS 9 for iPhone 6s/6s Plus, 6/6 Plus, 5s/5C/5, and 4s) (9th Edition)
by Brad Miser
Price: $14.74
57 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Ipod Touch as well as Iphone, December 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Both the Apple Iphone and Ipod Touch use the IOS system so whichever model you started with your unit will upgrade to the latest IOS software which is now IOS 9 and that is what this book covers. The only difference between the Iphone and Ipod Touch is that one is a phone. Both use the IOS 9 system for internet, music, texting, Bluetooth, facetime, videos and too much more to mention. This book is user friendly with pictures and step by step instructions on all this plus how to customize it all to your liking. I used it for my Ipod Touch 6th generation and my friend used it for his Iphone 6. Made both of our Apple products that much more efficient to use. Highly recommend to get the most out of your Apple devices.

Earphones,The 0ne Premium Earphones/Earbuds/Headphones with Remote Control and Stereo Mic for iPhone Samsung HTC etc with 3.5mm Jack (white)
Offered by The 0ne
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Really bad earphones, December 28, 2015
I was looking for a pair of inexpensive earbuds that had some noise canceling and a remote. I have other lower price earbuds that aren't noise canceling but have pretty good audio. Bottom line here, product just wasn't good for me. First off I saw the number of positive reviews and thought these would be a safe reliable bet. I saw that many of the reviews were by people who said "I did receive this product at a promotional cost in exchange for my very honest unbiased review". but hoped that they still left honest reviews.

These earphones came packaged nicely but there is only one size of earbud. There is a second pair but they are only a slightly different style but same size. And these earbuds just won't stay in my ear even for 10 minutes. They fall right out.. And the sound is really terrible. No bass, very tinny and muffled all around. I have may pairs of lower priced earbuds as I said and there is a certain quality of audio that can be guaranteed. Not with these. And the remote is so far up on the cord that it rests so close to the earbud itself that to use it for any function makes the earbud fall right out. The one pro here is the remote did work for music, calls and selfies as stated. Only problem was they would never stay in the ear to be able to use them.

After experiencing all these negative things I went back to look at the reviews and almost all were from people who stated "I did receive this product at a promotional cost in exchange for my very honest unbiased review." Now I know to beware of this. I am returning these to Amazon for a refund. I must honestly say these problems with this product were not just because I am picky. I knew I was ordering a lower end pair of earbuds but everything about them makes them unusable. I have also purchased a different brand of earbuds that were lower priced and they were amazing. I suggest staying away from these. There are other lower priced earbuds out there that perform much better.

Leslie Sansone: Walk to the Hits All Time Favorites
Leslie Sansone: Walk to the Hits All Time Favorites
DVD ~ Leslie Sansone
Price: $7.99
22 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite by Leslie so far, December 20, 2015
I have 10 Leslie Sansone WALK dvds so far and all of them are serving certain purposes for my daily exercise. First I must give a huge thanks to Leslie for with the combination of dedicated regular use of her dvds along with a healthy diet I have lost 20 pounds in 4 months. This one is definitely meant for the advanced walker. It is hard to make the steps smaller to make it for a beginner or intermediate. This one starts off strong and continues to the end. This also has the HIIT training intervals and with the other 2 dvds where she utilizes HIIT she slows down a lot before the boosts. Not here - you will be exercising at a real good pace and suddenly she will announce a boost. I love it. This dvd is perfect at combining the passion and personality of Leslie to full effect. Who the other walkers are in each video matters to me. I have my favorites and they certainly help boost my enthusiasm even more. My favorite in any video is Nick. Being a guy, it helps me a lot to have another man to follow. He is personable, funny and the perfect person for me to use in following his form with each step. My goal in each video is to keep up with him and his high fitness level. The only thing I can't do is the knee lifts like him. He loves to show off his quads in high step. Leslie has such fun with him. Following Nick for me is like having my own professional trainer. This dvd is the one I use when I want an energetic all out fat burning 3 mile walk. Her moves are infectious and I have so much fun while getting an excellent workout.

Leslie says that 2,000 steps equals I mile and each time I do this dvd I average 6,300 steps and 370 calories. A great workout indeed. I am 54 and when I was in my 30s did regular full on aerobic dvds. I then had some issues with my knees. Nothing serious but physical therapy was necessary and the regular aerobic dvds just put too much emphasis and weight on the knees. I was so grateful to discover Leslie. I can do all her workouts and get excellent full body action and an excellent burn without burdening my knees. I am forever thankful to her and all her fellow walkers. They are like family. It's a pleasure knowing when I put in the dvd that Leslie, Nick and all the others will be there. I highly recommend this dvd and just want to remind you it is for the advanced walker.

Calvin Klein Men's Knit Collared Puffer, Black, XX-Large
Calvin Klein Men's Knit Collared Puffer, Black, XX-Large
Price: $129.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return this - awkward fit, December 20, 2015
This coat is so attractive in the pictures here and actually very attractive in person as well. Its style far surpasses that of your regular puffer coat. The design of it makes it perfect for casual to a dressier look. And the removable knit collar adds such a nice layer of comfortable protection a scarf isn't necessary when in use. Lastly I loved the black color. But sadly we must add to all the positives a huge negative and that is the fit. In winter jackets I am always fine in a size XXL. This jacket fit fine in the chest but doesn't fit snugly from the middle to the bottom. It is hard to describe but the midsection on down actually becomes looser. Some may think its meant for those with a bigger stomach. Not true for I fall into that category. The jacket just had a fit that left a lot of room between the jacket and my body but it fit on the top. If worn in cold weather the jacket would in no way be able to keep the cold out. So I researched and found a similar style puffer coat also by Calvin Klein, got it in the same size XXL and it fits perfectly. So sadly this jacket which is so attractive just has a bizarre fit and won't provide solid protection from the winter cold. Luckily Amazon has its amazing return policy.

Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headset (Black)
Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headset (Black)
Price: $31.97
141 used & new from $12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these earbuds - quality sound and comfort, December 20, 2015
I have tried many different brands of earbuds from Bose to Sony, Panasonic and even generic brands searching for that combination I desire. I am an earbud fan and prefer the angular buds like we have here that provide a more comfortable fit as will as a more secure fit that helps with noise isolation. I had a different style of Sony earbuds and they provided the best sound quality I had heard up to that point. But they only had volume control and I was in dire need of earbuds with a remote. When I saw these and read the many positive reviews I added in my already being a Sony earbud fan and gave them a shot.

I can honestly say that there is nothing I had to settle on with these earbuds. The sound is amazing and the extra bass ROCKS. From extreme lows to extreme high there is no audio distortion at all. Looking at the pictures of these you may wonder if the big outer part on the buds themselves would make it difficult for these to stay in the ear and instead, the opposite is achieved. These stay in the ear better than any buds I have ever owned and they are so comfortable even after hours of wear to the point I can't tell they are in. They also do a perfect job of noise canceling. Just make sure you have the correct size buds in your ear and you will be alone with your music or calls. And the remote works great as well. Some are difficult to get to work properly but this remote easily skips music tracks, works with Siri and provides excellent quality when on calls.

I have tried the Bose Noise Cancelling earbuds that go for $299 and like these better. The sound is far superior and the comfort also much better. The one thing to remember about these earbuds is that these are meant more as audiophile earbuds and are not meant for exercising or running etc. They will not stay in the ears with these types of activity. I have another brand I use for that sort of activity. Bottom line for me these are my favorite earbuds by far and at under $100 I am in awe of them. Lastly just wanted to note that the bass and all around audio quality was truly to my picky liking without having to do any adjustment to my Iphone equalizer. I can't give the earbuds enough praise about their comfort, performance, noise isolation and durability. I would give them as a gift and recommend them to anyone. If you like earbud style headphones you can't do better than these.

Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Pave Heart Toggle Necklace, 18" (0.96 cttw)
Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Pave Heart Toggle Necklace, 18" (0.96 cttw)
Price: $94.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and versatile necklace, December 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This necklace was not what I expected at all when received and I mean that only in a good way. There has been much comment here on the heart being too small but finally seeing it in person the hear size is perfect. It fits totally with the entire design of the necklace. The entire piece is extremely well designed and of the highest quality. The big links of the chain can look somewhat cumbersome in the photos here but in person the chain is classic and modern at the same time and the heart is the perfect size. A bigger heart would be needed if the chain was just meant to hold the necklace but here the chain is just as important to the design. And the two sides of the heart make this necklace perfect for a woman to wear with casual dress or would also stand out with elegant dress. The chain is also so well done that this necklace would also be suitable for a younger girl as well as a woman.

But for me the ultimate standout is the heart itself. It is truly beautiful and adds the final touch of class needed. I am giving this to someone very dear to me and was concerned for I wasn't sure how often she gets dressed up but again, upon close inspection I am thrilled. This necklace will add class and charm to the beautiful woman she already is. She is well deserved of a necklace so unique and beautiful. Buying online sometimes is tricky but I highly recommend this necklace. Believe me once received you will be so very impressed and it will have far surpassed any of your expectations.

Panasonic RP-HSC200-W Sports Clip with iPhone Controller (White)
Panasonic RP-HSC200-W Sports Clip with iPhone Controller (White)
Price: $21.58
12 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for exercise and perfection for my Ipod Touch, December 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am definitely a lover of earbuds and have many pairs for various issues. They vary in sound quality and also in comfort and how well they stay in the ears. When I do any form of exercise, even aerobic walking, I sweat to some degree and most earbuds will eventually fall out. So I have been forever searching for earbuds to suit just this purpose and these Panasonic RP-HSC200 are finally my answer. I have tried others that went over the ear and had bendable outer sides but I never got those to work for me. These are not bendable but fit my ears perfectly and when in place over the ear even after hours of use they never get uncomfortable and also never move keeping the earbuds in place no matter how much I move around or sweat.

Some are calling these a headset but for me they are simply earbuds that do exactly what one should expect when using an Ipod. I use these with my Ipod Touch and after spending the money for the quality of that item of course I want earphones that have a remote so I can use my Ipod fully even when being physically active. And the remote here works great. Volume control, track skipping, pause-play even without wifi and with it Siri is readily available. Perfection. The sound is fine for me. Other earbuds I have I use for the quality of audio reproduction. I think these are powerful and the sound is full and strong which is necessary for these are not noise isolating headphones. You will hear all outside noise, which is good for me when exercising outside, and the audio quality provided makes sure the listener gets great sound that manages to rise above the surrounding outside noise. No distortion at lower or high ends either.

I think these are a smart investment for the right purpose. Certainly not what to get when looking for audiophile satisfaction with the sound but great for exercise and physical activity.

Calvin Klein Men's Quilted Puffer Jacket with Knit Collar, Black, XX-Large
Calvin Klein Men's Quilted Puffer Jacket with Knit Collar, Black, XX-Large
Price: $94.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful warm jacket, December 4, 2015
I love everything about this Calvin Klein Puffer jacket. The fit is amazing. It contours well to the body fitting well in the mid section and still leaving much room for layering with sweaters or other bulkier clothing. Puffer coats vary in how warm they are and this one makes me feel toasty and protected from the elements without being overheated. It is also a very attractive jacket. It doesn't just look like a simple ski jacket. It has much style with two lower and two upper pockets on the front plus two inner pockets. The removable knit collar is a great plus. It is easy to attach, is very soft and plush and makes it so that a scarf isn't even needed. And without the knit collar on the regular collar is great. You still can zip up the jacket so that the collar keeps you warm and protected all the way up the neck.

I gave such detail for I went thru a few jackets on Amazon here before ending up with this one which is perfection for me. Others were off in styling, fit or just poor design and not warm enough. The black color of this jacket makes it go with anything from jeans to dressy clothes. So I finally found that jacket that does it all for me - comfort, warmth, good fit and extremely stylish. Highly recommend this coat. Also being waterproof I am well prepared for the entire winter ahead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20