Profile for barry > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 908

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Charmin Basic Toilet Paper 36 Huge Rolls
Charmin Basic Toilet Paper 36 Huge Rolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 1 ply tissue even when compared with Scott, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was curious to try this product. I prefer 1 ply toilet paper and my brand of choice is Scott tissue. I know this Charmin Basic gives all its guarantees and bonuses when being compared to leading bargain brands. Scott is the #1 name brand for this type of product - the 1 ply tissue - and has 1000 sheets per roll. This Charmin Basic has 385 1 ply sheets per roll. Well, even with the less sheets, I say this product is not just better than generic brands but is a great rival to Scott tissue as well. Though only 1 ply this Charmin tissue is very durable while still being soft. It must be the duraflex texture it states it has. I need less sheets in comparison to Scott which is nice. This product is soft without being too cushiony which I don't like. This Scott tissue believer may just be switching brands! Charmin Basic is an excellent 1 ply tissue.

Five Star 7-Pocket Customizable Expanding File, 13.75 x 10.75 Inches, Red (72705)
Price: $18.11
3 used & new from $12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful durable product, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 7 pocket expanding file is a great product - extremely durable made of plastic and very strong nylon built to last. I love that the brand is Five Star for that is the rating this product truly deserves. It is definitely multifunctional and can be used by kids, students and adults alike. I myself, an adult, use it to store the documents that are in my 7 most important files in my filing cabinet. Now they are quickly at hand and in a case that can be zipped up and efficiently taken wherever I need the info .

It is important to note that everything about how this is made is the highest grade. The 7 file pockets go deep , each file is separated by strong plastic and the whole file kit expands very wide. You can keep it slim with minimal items or fill it to the brim where even at its fullest capacity the zipper still firmly holds everything in place The pull up reminder tabs or labels are great and can be set at whatever level you like them. The front is clear plastic and you can choose whatever you want in there to be the front of your file folder.

I could go on and on which is something I wouldn't usually do over an office or school product but it is rare and indeed great to see a product live up to what it says it does and to be made of the finest quality products for long lasting durability. Final note - this folder is also waterproof so there is never a need to worry about damaging it. Highly recommend.

Case Star ® Black Color Rectangle Shaped Hard Earphone Headset EVA Case for MP3/MP4 Bluetooth Earphone Earbuds with Mesh Pocket, Zipper Enclosure, and Durable Exterior+ Case Star Velvet Bag (Rectangle Earphone Case - Green)
Offered by Case Star
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful earphone case, September 14, 2014
What a deal this case was. I have an mp3 player and use earbud headphones with a volume control. I got tired of always having to untangle the cord between uses so I began wrapping it around the mp3 player. Eventually I wore out the wires - my own fault. This case is a life saver. Got a new set of the same earphones and this great case for protection. This rectangle one is of perfect size to fit the player as well as the headphones. The case is sturdy and solid and inside one side is a mesh pouch. That is where I store the mp3 player and then I gently wrap the earbud wires together and place them in. Then it easily zips up. No more tangles, never a worry it might get damaged or wet when not in use. And I love the green color I got. I love it when I find helpful things like this that solve minor problems that turn into a headache. Highly recommend this earphone headset case. A simple purchase of high quality that will make storage of your mp3 player simple and worry free.

Please Like Me Season 1 [HD]
Please Like Me Season 1 [HD]
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, September 14, 2014
Josh Thomas is a genius! I found out about this show from a rave review in Entertainment Weekly and saw that the second season was soon starting on the Pivot network. I was able to see one episode from season 1 and was so enchanted that I quickly purchased the HD version from Amazon. Only praise can be given to this show. Heartwarming, hilarious, inventive, real, topical are just a few to begin. Josh Thomas is an Australian comic and he brings his unique comic style to series form playing a variation of himself. The show is based on his actual life, he is the writer and I find his comedic stlye hilarious and one of a kind. I cannot recommend this series enough. A believable show about real people that touches on real issues with wit and humanity. One of the best shows currently on tv!

Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Mitts, Harvest Apples, Set of 2
Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Mitts, Harvest Apples, Set of 2
Price: $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive oven mitts but only average in effectiveness, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These oven mitts are adorable and should easily add a nice decorative touch to almost any type of kitchen décor. I have large hands and they fit great and I was easily able to use my hand when wearing it. The flaw I found was in how they are made and their actual protection from heat when in use. I cook a lot and they worked fine on many pots and pans until I was cooking a frozen pizza on a pizza pan. The oven was set at 425 and when I took the pizza pan out when it was done the hotness from the pan went straight thru the glove. Luckily the mitt did provide a barrier from actually getting burned.

I wanted these for I have always used just pot handlers and wanted an actual mitt that would protect my full hand and forearm for I have occasionally gotten minor burns when taking pans out of the oven. Again, big hands. So these mitts are fine but often you will still feel the heat from the pan on your skin. I think they are pretty durable and as first stated they are attractive. Work fairly well but could have been made of better material.

Relight My Fire
Relight My Fire
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $19.06
11 used & new from $12.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco magic beautifully remastered, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Relight My Fire (Audio CD)
Dan Hartman was one of the artists who gave disco a good name and made it a true majestic art form. His most famous track from his career was RELIGHT MY FIRE, which was also the title of this album. BBR does the music of Hartman true justice here by providing exquisite remastering and 6 amazing bonus tracks. The entire cd is get on your feet fun from the opening HANDS DOWN and LOVE STRONG. Then we get the true classic RELIGHT MY FIRE with the superb instrumental intro VERTIGO. RELIGHT MY FIRE is even greater for the vocalist is Hartman's friend the superb Loleatta Holloway who possesses amazing vocals. JUST FOR FUN and LOVE MAKIN MUSIC are two other very strong album tracks. The last song is FREE RIDE another disco classic that reigns supreme. Then come the 6 bonus tracks. Often bonus tracks include some that are a waste. Not the case here. There are 3 different mixes of RELIGHT MY FIRE and all are amazing. There are also 2 HANDS DOWN remixes and an awesome remix of VERTIGO. Amazing. BBR also provides great detailed liner notes.

This cd represents disco at his best. Dan Hartman was a true legend of the genre. I highly recommend this cd to all 70s and disco fans as well as r@b purists for all Hartman's music came with great soul. Thanks BBR for this true musical gift.

All I Love and Know: A Novel
All I Love and Know: A Novel
by Judith Frank
Price: $17.07
55 used & new from $12.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional novel, September 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
ALL I LOVE AND KNOW is an amazing piece of work. It is indeed not just one of the best novels I've read this year but over the last 5. So much is accomplished with this book but first and foremost it is an indepth character study of very real characters who come to life fully on the page and from the first sentence I was enthralled in the realistic life dramas they were forced to deal with. The novel description and all it entails may sound like the author took too much on - the Israeli/Palestinian situation, AIDS, and adoption just to name a few. And then the writer has the main couple be gay. I am a gay man and read much gay fiction. Sadly there is not much true quality literary works in the genre out there - but I keep on looking and keep on reading.

The thing that is most huge about this novel is that it is just a fact that the couple is gay. This is a mainstream literary novel and not one just meant for a gay audience. When they say it is in the tradition of Wally Lamb it is very true for here is a novel about people we get to know fully who guide us through the journey the novel entails. It is just part of the story that the couple is gay and this is a huge thing. It is sad that many of the reviews here have people writing about the difficulties of reading about a gay couple. The conflicts and issues they deal with here are different and at the same time the same as any other couple. I give huge kudos to author Judith Frank for exploring this story through the eyes of gay characters without having it be a big deal. Bottom line, this novel is about people. And the way Frank tells her story is superb. This is a true literary novel. She uses the written word with grace and intelligence and her true appreciation of all the characters in this book is deep, involved and truly dedicated. This novel delivers a true emotional wallop and brings up many emotions and it is indeed a gift to readers who appreciate true literature. Highly recommend.

Greatest Hits-Chapter One
Greatest Hits-Chapter One
Price: $10.00
80 used & new from $3.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection from a superb vocalist, August 27, 2014
I did not watch American Idol till season 2 so didn't see the initial introduction of Kelly Clarkson. And then I honestly never gave her a chance. I don't listen to the radio much and she went under my radar. Till the song STRONGER came along. OMG, that song blew me away in her vocal performance and I related to it in so many ways. I purchased this Greatest Hits cd and fell in love. Song after song I fell in love with the versatility, range and vocal prowess of Kelly Clarkson. I like all types of music but what matters to me most is emotion and meaning coming from a song and how it is performed. To me Kelly is in a class of her own. She imparts such emotion in each note and line of a song and her range goes from quiet and still in a ballad to belting with such power that tingles to up and down my spine. I then purchased every cd she has done and love them all while being impressed with the true versatility when looking at them all. My favorite ones are ALL I EVER WANTED, MY DECEMBER and STRONGER.

This Greatest Hits cd is a great representation of her work from the beginning till now and there is even the gift of new tracks. There are no tracks that don't work for me but my faves are SINCE U BEEN GONE, MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU, BECAUSE OF YOU, NEVER AGAIN, PEOPLE LIKE US and of course STRONGER. So due to one song STRONGER, I was introduced to a truly gifted artist who is now my favorite performer. When an artist has what she has - strong vocal and emotive ability, song writing skill and the ability to put their soul in a song - there is only greatness for her as she moves forward. Highly recommend this cd and all the other Kelly Clarkson cds. An amazing talent I am so glad to have discovered.

DII 100-percent Cotton, Ribbed 13x 19" Everday Basic Placemat Set of 6, Nautical Blue
Price: $24.00
5 used & new from $21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive quality placemats, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was definitely in need of placemats for my dining table. The table is used for all meals so I wanted the mats used on it to be quality ones that would stand up to every day and all day use. These totally fit the bill. They are of the highest quality and are a nice large size. With cheaper mats the sides and corners will begin to fold up or crease up over time. These lay perfectly flat all the time. I got the nautical blue mats and love the color. The price for a set of these may seem high but you get 6 mats and not 4 and for what they are calling everyday placemats the quality is far superior and would be perfect for fancy dining as well. They are also very user friendly and easy to clean. Crumbs or small particles of food getting on them shake off easily and any stain comes away easily with a quick touch up with water and a paper towel.

I did wash the 6 mats and did so on the gentle cycle and found there to be very minimal shrinkage and the stitching and ribbing design in the mats stayed in place. That is how well they are made. I did have to iron them but after that they were as fresh and clean as when I first used them. No diminishing to the quality or color at all. To call these placemats everyday doesn't do them justice. Know you are getting quality when you purchase these mats. Highly recommend.

NOW Foods Vitamin D-3 1000 IU, 180 Softgels
NOW Foods Vitamin D-3 1000 IU, 180 Softgels
Price: $5.39
41 used & new from $3.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vitamin D-3 supplement, August 27, 2014
I have a low Calcium level and my doctor put me on a Calcium with Vitamin D supplement along with an additional !000 IU Vitamin D-3 tablet each day. I was having both filled by insurance and even the with the low cost of my monthly copay the cost for 180 pills as are in this bottle far exceeded the low price here. So now no more prescription for the Vitamin D supplement and the NOW brand has taken its place. The softgels are great - very small while being solid and not squishy as some softgel products can be. I love the NOW brand. Their packaging is great and the bottle came with an expiration date way in 2017. Easy, convenient and a quality product. Definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20