Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for barry > Reviews

Browse

barry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 861

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

barry RSS Feed (Boston, MA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Conair Infiniti Pro Translucent Styler, Pink
Conair Infiniti Pro Translucent Styler, Pink
Price: $39.99
7 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a hair dryer with a true cool setting, August 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a guy and I absolutely love this hair blower. I love that it is very solid in construction, blows out steady strong air, is very easy to handle and hold and also find the fluorescent pink color a real kick. But what matters to me most is that it has a true cool setting. I wear my hair from short to mid length and I sweat easily. In hot summers and even within the humid air after a shower in the winter warm air even on a low setting always takes forever to dry my hair and will also tend to make it dry. I have been searching high and low for a hair blower that has a cool setting. My old one only has warm/hot and I could only find ones that were the same but had an added cold burst. This isn't really a setting and is meant to be used to hold hair in place when styling.

I am glad that I got this hair dryer during a very hot summer so I could really test how it suits my needs and even on hot humid days when I can't stop the sweat the cool setting works well to dry my hair while cooling me down as well. Now I can have full healthy hair even in humid weather and the 1875 watts really have the dryer putting out a strong stream of air. I highly recommend this hair blower. It is of much better construction than my old one without being too heavy or bulky. I see it being very user friendly for women with long hair or styled hair as well. And it also has that burst of cold air which I will occasionally press for some fun. It's good to see a product so well made that works so well.

Timex T236B AM/ FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio with USB Charge Port
Timex T236B AM/ FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio with USB Charge Port
Offered by Tri State Camera
3 used & new from $25.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and attractive user friendly clock radio, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You would think after all this time a clock radio would be a reliable easy to use item. Up to this one I just couldn't find one I really liked. My old one was a Sony and this Timex puts it to shame. First off I love its appearance - it is sleek, slim and modern taking up very little space on my nightstand. It adds a definite positive look. And the numbers showing the time are huge which is a must for me when I wake up without my glasses on. There is a dimmer to adjust the brightness to your preference. Also of utmost importance is setting or resetting the time. When first plugged in it showed the day and month followed by the time zone. It was eastern, my time zone, but the time was off one hour. The manual explains everything clearly and simply and a quick slide to the DST Switch added the hour I needed. The buzzer is an excellent volume for me and the radio comes in great with a total of 20 available presets. You can use the aux in jack to connect external audio for playback and finally there is a usb port to charge any device you need to. From the sleek design to having an actual hands on manual that explains everything this clock radio by Timex is the most user friendly one you can find. I love it and highly recommend it.

Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Sponge (Pack of 4)
Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Sponge (Pack of 4)
Price: $7.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always relied on Scotch-Brite non scratch sponges for my kitchen uses with pans, dishes etc. They have always been reliable cleaning well and keeping all items scratch free. But till these sponges I had yet to find any sponge to really work well on hard to clean areas around the home where grime and dirt has accumulated. My perfect test for these was a seldom used shower stall that had been neglected. I had tried other products that never got it fully clean and also made the task no easier. Though these sponges advertise themselves with no pre-soaking needed being a pro, that doesn't matter to me and I did presoak the sponge as well as wet the shower stall tiles and ceramic base before use. This sponge honestly proved to be miraculous. Very little extra energy needed to be exerted on my part and this sponge easily and smoothly cut through all the grime and mess ultimately leaving a spotless and shiny shower stall. I used it to clean my bathroom sink which I thought was clean and a new found shine emerged. Bottom line, these sponges do as advertised and are indeed "extreme" cutting through the hardest and dirtiest areas. Also unlike other similar products they do not wear out quickly. After use simply clean the sponge and rinse, let dry and it will be ready for use again. Also for how extreme their cleaning power is they don't scratch any surfaces that I could tell. I highly recommend these sponges. For those jobs you usually find yourself forcefully scrubbing away at these sponges will be a wonderful solution.

WANT:D Tape Dispenser, Blue (66263)
WANT:D Tape Dispenser, Blue (66263)
Price: $14.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Great color - ok product, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This WANT:D tape dispenser manages looks wise to put other tape dispensers to shame. It is small in size, has a pop of color that is very modern and classy plus the anti skid base really works and keeps it in place. Now the reasons for my 3 star review. The dispenser came in its original packaging and was scratched when received. The blue upper part was fine but the lower black base had scratches on both sides. And not a few but rather making the item look like it had been tossed around quite a bit. I was very disappointed. The dispenser itself is not really user friendly for the metal piece used to tear off the tape is placed too high. Every time I pull off a piece of tape I find myself nipping my fingers with the sharp edges unless I am very careful. I would expect a tape dispenser to be simple and easy to use. So this product is very attractive but just doesn't quite do the job for the simple product it is.

Reading the Comments: Likers, Haters, and Manipulators at the Bottom of the Web
Reading the Comments: Likers, Haters, and Manipulators at the Bottom of the Web
by Joseph Michael Reagle
Price: $20.48
41 used & new from $14.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Timely book regarding the power of the online commentary, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Joseph Reagle does extensive research here and clearly and fully illustrates the world we live in now where most opinions and comments and reviews are shared out there on the web. Times have definitely changed. His writing style takes his text book worthy information and puts it out there in a very user friendly accessible style. For those who are a true part of the online world using the likes of twitter, selfies, online reviews and facebook much of this information will be something of which they are already aware. But for those traveling in these online worlds his complex explanations on how to figure out the true from fake reviews, reveal comments that are meant to attack or induce strong negativity, he manages to bring to life the real and true existence of the "bottom of the web" world which is quite real and quite dangerous in its power. To safely use the internet and be a part of the online commentary community it is very important to understand the real from the false. The true Amazon reviewers from those like Harriet Klausner. Her name is infamous on Amazon as a reviewer and having Reagle include her in his observations shows how seriously he took this project. This book respects the complexities of the technology of the times we are in with the same diverse personalities that have always existed but now with different outlets. A must read to truly be in touch.

Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, Samsung and Android Devices, Black
Price: $299.00
3 used & new from $241.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather amazing headphones - one minor fluke, July 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always preferred in ear headphones to full head earphones or those that clip around the outside of the ear. But often with these in ear headphones comes lesser quality audio or lack of true comfort. Issues may be minor but still a hindrance. I think that is really why the most popular in ear headphones are those that sell from $10 to $30. Then you bring a brand like Bose into the picture and the price does become an issue. Can the product really be that good and is any such product really worth the price.

I have never been one truly won over by Bose till these acoustic noise cancelling headphones. I am totally blown away by pretty much every aspect of them. The earbuds themselves are super comfortable and the stayhear clips help them to stay put in your ears with no discomfort. My fingers no longer need to keep pushing the buds back in. Everything about these headphones are top of the line. The inline control has a microphone, volume control and track control. The most impressive thing here is the Bose noise cancelling technology. Total amazement on my end. You can easily click a switch to have full noise cancelling on or have awareness mode that lets in a little outside noise. With either setting the sound quality is amazing with great highs, lows and midrange levels. Vocals are superb and bass is strong and realistic. Due to the fact these earbuds easily stay in place the full noise cancellation mode truly delivers. And I found no hisses or distorted sounds coming from the earbuds in either setting.

The rechargeable battery lasts up to 16 hours and the excellent part is you can still use the earphones when the battery dies or you want to save on its power. The also only flaw here lies with the battery. It is a slightly klunky rectangular fit that is attached to the unit right near where the set plugs into your phone or player. The issue becomes what to do with the battery pack. It is not removable and it means you are going to have to put a lot of thought into how to maneuver having these earphones on you if utilizing for exercise or any physical activity. One option for regular use is the battery can sit right behind your phone. It's about the same size. Sadly for me and my use with playing music I may not be able to use these earphones for all activities due to the battery.

But otherwise these ear phones get my highest praise. True honest noise cancelling technology that works with an also great awareness mode, comfort that I have yet to find in any other in ear earphones and great sound. A great investment. They also come with 3 sizes of earbuds, a carrying case and a 1 year warranty. Bose is also known for being excellent with their customer service and want you as a regular customer. They will do whatever is realistically necessary to make sure you are always happy.

Dynarex 1113 Latex Free Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad (Box of 200)
Dynarex 1113 Latex Free Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad (Box of 200)
Offered by NurseDeb Medical Specialties, LLC
Price: $3.85
23 used & new from $2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Greats pads if their size suits your needs, July 26, 2015
I find these Dynarex sterile alcohol prep pads to be just perfect for my needs. I use them to clean my ear buds and other such items. They are saturated with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol. I have used other pads that were too thin and the alcohol would drip off as I used them. These pads are the perfect thickness and the alcohol is very effective and remains saturated for a while without being too watery. As I said they are great for me and the size of the pads is also perfect for me. The one issue some may have is that the pad size is not stated in the item description. They are approximately 1" x 1" when folded and 2 1/2 " x 1 " when unfolded. If this size is too small then these won't suit your needs. But I really think for most the size will be suitable and the product very effective. Recommended. Also it's great to have such a large supply on hand and the expiration date isn't till the end of 2017.

Macks Dry-n-Clear Ear Drying Aid Eardrops
Macks Dry-n-Clear Ear Drying Aid Eardrops
Price: $4.32
15 used & new from $3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, July 26, 2015
I had been getting ear infections - swimmers ear - and do not swim. I do sweat a lot and also use ear buds to play music all day long. The doctor said the infections were happening due to moisture in my ears and recommended when I got that initial feeling to apply these drops. I have had to 3 times now and they immediately absorb the water in my ears. I was also told not to overuse them and not to use them if there was ear pain. Sometimes you get that water in your ear that just won't come out and it gets very frustrating. These drops are the answer. But if you in any way think it may be an infection be sure to go to the doctor first and don't use these as a substitute,. Excellent product when used correctly.

Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus 24" x  4 5/8"  Padding Roll, 1 Count
Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus 24" x 4 5/8" Padding Roll, 1 Count
Price: $4.99
21 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff - works great, July 26, 2015
I walk daily for my exercise and as I've increased my walking distance there is a part in the upper back of my running shoe that irritates and hurts the back of my foot. It was not time to buy new running shoes so what was I to do. I had heard of moleskin working but doubted it. When I saw it as an add on at such a reasonable price here on Amazon thought I'd give it a shot. Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus has proven to be a true wonder for me. It comes in a lengthy roll and I cut out the size I need to cover the part of my heel that gets irritated. And voila, the pain is gone! The padding is a very effective thickness without being too thick. It is very easy to pull the adhesive backing off and apply. It never falls off yet is very easy to remove when I want to and leaves no sticky residue. If I forget to take it off and shower it remains on and just as effective. Amazing stuff! Of course this would not be recommended for pain that is caused by something requiring medical attention but for any running shoe, dress shoe etc. this product does indeed provide all day comfort. I can be out for over 12 hours and its effectiveness never goes away. I have already stocked up and purchased 2 more boxes. Highly recommend!

Cafejo  K-Cups, Signature Blend, 24 Count
Cafejo K-Cups, Signature Blend, 24 Count
Price: $16.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, flavorful and satisfying, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are so many different options when it comes to K-cups for coffee. I use so many various brands and flavors. What I love about this Cafejo Signature Blend is that it doesn't hype itself on either brand name or flavor. Instead it provides exactly what I want - a well rounded delicious cup of coffee. I prefer a medium blend and this suits my needs perfectly. There honestly is a wonderful aroma as this coffee brews that gets even more satisfying with the first sip. There is no coffee bitterness here and the richness actually equals that I find with coffee made from freshly ground beans. The slight caramel taste is just enough to make this blend stand out even more. K-cups are great for their convenience but this Cafejo Signature Blend will be readily on hand at my home due more to its high quality in taste and satisfaction. I am a true coffee lover. My first morning cup is very important but more cups will be had during the day and Cafejo will be a welcome addition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20