Profile for S. Mitchell > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1947

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Mitchell "samintx" RSS Feed (Tyler, TX United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Last Yahi
The Last Yahi
DVD ~ Rayna Green
Price: $11.60
24 used & new from $8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and educational, March 3, 2015
This review is from: The Last Yahi (DVD)
I stumbled across a movie with John Voight depicting this man, his discovery and subsequent "education". I got this documentary because I became so interested…and this is an excellent portrait of Ishi. The Voight movie followed the story except for some Hollywood drama here and there as always. If Indians and history interests you this is an excellent documentary on a discovery that has been lost somehow.

Cosmos Assorted Color UV Protection Cooler Arm Sleeves 4 Pairs for Bike/Hiking/Golf (Black,White,Gray&Light Blue Color)
Offered by Cheerswill
Price: $7.56
8 used & new from $7.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value!, March 1, 2015
These are going to be perfect for me. Light and not hot and thick. I want them to cover my arms (which are long and thin) in a hot country. The color assortment is fine (I'm not dressing for show). Very happy with quick delivery, the price and the product !

Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 27 (3 Black 3 Pack)
Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 27 (3 Black 3 Pack)
Offered by LXTEK
Price: $14.00
9 used & new from $5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, February 25, 2015
So far so good for my HP Deskjet 3740 printer. How long they will last compared to the HP new ink only time will tell.

HQRP English Keyboard Stickers With White Lettering on Black Background for Black Keyboard Suit for All PC and Laptops
Offered by HQRP-US
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, February 24, 2015
These worked for me. There is something that galls me about worn letters on a computer keyboard. I guess some people can't stand scraping fingernails on a black board…mine is worn keys on a computer! These work fine and I am happy now.

The New Explorers - Betrayal at Little Big Horn (A&E DVD Archives)
The New Explorers - Betrayal at Little Big Horn (A&E DVD Archives)
DVD ~ New Explorers
Offered by jmj-cds
Price: $18.95
28 used & new from $4.91

4.0 out of 5 stars One important question, February 22, 2015
Four stars because I also agree with the reviewer: Reno's drinking. I have been readying many Custer books and Drink is not mentioned in every relating of the the battle. I don't find Reno's drinking mentioned in some biographies of Reno. Reno's confusing action at the scene seem to be explained by most authors as "lack of fight". I wonder if the authors of such books have done their research and don't even mention the possibility of drinking. I enjoyed seeing this DVD. Every bit of information or counter information is interesting to me and gives to thought…right or wrong.

The case against Reno was reversed in later years. Worth watching this DVD if you are interested in Custer. Too bad the battle scene did not get scientific scrutiny. There are questions that will never be proven or disproven.

Minnetonka Women's Kilty Suede Softsole Moccasin,Storm Blue,7.5 M US
Minnetonka Women's Kilty Suede Softsole Moccasin,Storm Blue,7.5 M US
Offered by What's Hot
Price: $36.95
4 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort..YOU BET!, February 22, 2015
I ordered a size down because the suede stretches. Love these comfy shoes. I like the western look and I like the "feels like barefood" feel. Nice to have available in so many colors, too.

Wilton Heart Giant Cookie Pan
Wilton Heart Giant Cookie Pan
Price: $8.08
30 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A staple pan for your shelf, February 22, 2015
Chocolate chip cookies were made at Valentines day with this pan. Perfect and then swished choclate across the top. Voila! Nothing sayings I love you like chocolate chips and in the shape of a heart!

Olive Kitteridge
Olive Kitteridge
DVD ~ Various
Price: $29.96
18 used & new from $23.52

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star acting, February 22, 2015
This review is from: Olive Kitteridge (DVD)
Well, I give this DVD 5 stars for execution not because I could watch it again. So sad and very depressing. The acting is tops and everything else tops about this movie but I warn you not to watch if you are having a bad day. It won't cheer you up. You will just see a deep story with impeccable acting/story.

Time Machine: Little Big Horn - The Untold Story
Time Machine: Little Big Horn - The Untold Story
DVD ~ Little Big Horn: Untold
Price: $24.19
8 used & new from $21.92

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start to learning, February 22, 2015
I have been reading books on Custer. Also viewing all the DVDs (Hollywood and documentary) I could find and this is a very good DVD on the subject. I don't think you can just pick up one book, one DVD and say you know about the Custer controversy. There is lots to ponder and never will be solved but this is more factual than many IMO. I won't go into the history and every fact valid or not. Just to say you can't go wrong with this nearly 2 hr documentary on Custer and the fatal day.

Little Bighorn Remembered: The Untold Indian Story of Custer's Last Stand
Little Bighorn Remembered: The Untold Indian Story of Custer's Last Stand
by Herman J. Viola
52 used & new from $3.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting stories, February 15, 2015
When I ordered this book the mention of "coffee table book" almost put me off. I did order it and it IS the size and shape of a coffee table book but…I found it a very good and different read. Most of the text is conversations with relatives of the actual Indian participants and Custer scouts. I found it gave me a completely different view of the Battle and how the Indians felt about it. And, how they continue to feel about it today. Great pictures of hide pictures drawn by Custer's scouts and other pictures of items found at the Battle site. I was afraid I was wasting my money but this was a good find and well worth the price and time to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20