Profile for Jim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lenovo S6000 Bluetooth Keyboard (888015122)
Lenovo S6000 Bluetooth Keyboard (888015122)
Offered by E ZEE Electronics
Price: $27.49
59 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sexy case/keyboard, April 7, 2014
I don't normally write reviews, but this was a great purchase. Stylistically, it's perfect. It's shiny, sleek, and really completes the look of the tablet. When it's case function is in use, the back of the keyboard is the same as the back of the tablet.

The functionality is also perfect. It's a very usable keyboard which gives you a whole range of options that would be a pain with only the touch screen keypad.

InvisibleShield for LG Nexus 4 E960 (Full Body) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear (LGNEX4LE)
Price: $22.02
3 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long, March 24, 2013
This started peeling off within a few weeks of correct installation. I've used a competing company's protector, and it never peeled off or give me any problems.

Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N' Play Piano
Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N' Play Piano
Price: $79.98
18 used & new from $79.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again in a heartbeat, October 9, 2012
We bought this for considerably more at Toys R Us last year, but it is easily worth it at any price. Our two year old triplets have used this toy every single day since we bought it. When they were smaller they'd sit in the seat and spin like crazy and play with all the rattles. Now that they're bigger we've removed the seat and they love stomping on the keyboard and pushing their walker through the middle of the toy over the keyboard. One of our girls in particular loves to give us little concerts, banging away on the keyboard and going "aaaaahhhhhh!" into the microphones. I just can't believe that we've had this toy for well over a year and they still love it so much, and they show no signs of losing interest at all. This was SUCH a great buy. There's easily enough room for all three girls to play with it at the same time.

The trumpet and the bell don't exactly do a whole lot, but there's still more than enough on this toy to keep everyone entertained for a good long time. We've only had to replace the batteries on it once, too, so I'm really impressed with the battery life. The quality is great, and everything is still working perfectly, despite bottles having been dumped on it several times. I just can't recommend this highly enough.

Big Brain Quiz GOLD
Big Brain Quiz GOLD
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun trivia game!, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Big Brain Quiz GOLD (App)
The categories are fun, and the game works well. The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because I cannot figure out how to play multiplayer.

InterDesign Forma Power Lock, Soap Dish, Clear
InterDesign Forma Power Lock, Soap Dish, Clear
Price: $9.99
6 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but at what price?, August 21, 2012
I ordered this soap dish for our master bath, and at $3.49 I thought even if it wasn't great it would still be good enough. I mean, it's a dish that holds soap, right? My spouse and I were both really impressed with how sturdy and attractive this turned out to be. As a matter of fact, I was so happy with it I came back to Amazon today to order one for every other bathroom in the house, only to discover that the price shot up to $10.49! We're really pleased with it, but I think I'll keep an eye on the price and see if it drops again.

Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
by Shauna Sever
Price: $11.75
62 used & new from $5.54

4.0 out of 5 stars So creative and fun!, July 16, 2012
I've been making homemade marshmallows for years using a recipe I got from Martha Stewart magazine, but it's for a plain vanilla marshmallow. The only way I felt confident flavoring it was with LorAnn oils, which are hit or miss in their flavor. I was really excited about this book's wide variety of unique flavors and ideas. I haven't been able to put the book down since I got it. It's so much fun to flip through!

The only snag I ran into is that even though I calibrated my candy thermometer precisely and followed the author's tips regarding temperature, I found that when I cooked the syrups to her recommended temperatures they got too hard and turned to hard candy as soon as I poured them into the mixer. However, when I ditched the candy thermometer and warmed the syrups just enough to melt the sugar I got PERFECT results. I'm enjoying the maple bacon marshmallows right now. So delicious! I can't wait to try every recipe in this book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 3:54 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price, June 27, 2012
I have had regular laser hair therapy at a hair restoration place, and it seemed to be working somewhat. The hair in the front was getting thicker and it was harder to see the scalp through the hair. As the hair restoration office was far from my house and pretty expensive, I decided to buy an at-home product. Looking at the big name hair combs, I was surprised how expensive less than a dozen lasers in a comb cost (several hundred dollars). I thought I would give this a try. This seems to work great. All the lasers work properly, the vibration works well, it comes with accessories, and it is less than 5% of what the big name combs go for. If you compare the lasers, I don't think there is much difference, either. This is hard to tell because the big laser comb companies give more hype than specifics about the product.

I can say there there is a distinct, hard-to-describe feeling on the scalp after laser hair therapy, and I get that same feeling after using this inexpensive comb. I will update the review with results in the coming months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2012 12:05 PM PDT

CobraCo 24-Inch White Basic Adjustable Flower Box Holder F2426-W
CobraCo 24-Inch White Basic Adjustable Flower Box Holder F2426-W
Price: $17.97
5 used & new from $12.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, June 17, 2012
I have 4" railings with rounded tops and these work beautifully! I have them on a second story balcony and they blend in so nicely with the white railings and white window boxes that you don't even see them. Hold a lot of weight and have stood up to brutal Florida sun for a few months so far without showing any wear. They do the trick!

Allsop Home and Garden Tag, Herb Series, 1-Count
Allsop Home and Garden Tag, Herb Series, 1-Count

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful at first!, June 4, 2012
These tags are absolutely gorgeous. They are a very elegant, decorative way to label your plants. A million times better than the little plastic markers they sell at the big home improvement stores. They are very durable and I can tell they'll last a really long time. They've withstood a lot of wind and rain already.

Unfortunately, they turned a dark yellow within a few weeks. Granted, I live in Florida and they are in direct, intense sun much of the day, but I can't believe how quickly it happened. They look pretty old and icky now.

Also, they are not reusable, because a gel pen does not work on them. The only thing that worked was a Sharpie, so you can't change the name of the plant once you write it on there. You also have to write carefully since you're using a permanent marker. The tags are fairly transparent so I printed the names of my herb plants in a nice font, and then laid the tags over that and traced it, so I was guaranteed to get a nice look the first time with no mistakes.

Overall I'm happy with the tags despite them turning yellow. They're still a major step up from a plain plastic marker.

Monteverde Highlighter Graphite, Multi (Mv80331)
Monteverde Highlighter Graphite, Multi (Mv80331)
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, May 7, 2012
These are the BEST! We frequently print emails and then highlight a few words on the page, and I was getting really fed up with the marker type highlighters. They just smudge the printer ink like crazy and the tip of the highlighter always turns black from the printer ink. These highlighters have no ink and work more like a sheer, day-glo crayon. They don't smudge the printer ink at all and never turn black. I was surprised at how small these are, maybe 3" long tops, but I think it will still take me a long time to use them up. Just couldn't be more pleased with these!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5