Profile for Jim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim RSS Feed

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 25, 2014
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
Did not work.

TP-LINK TL-WN725N Wireless N Nano USB Adapter, 150Mbps, Miniature Design, Plug in and Forget, Support Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Price: $7.99
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to built in wireless, September 4, 2014
I have been using it for several months since my laptop's wireless card died. It was super easy to set up, it's always worked perfectly, and it barely sticks out from the USB input.

Stella - Season One
Stella - Season One
DVD ~ Michael Ian Black
Offered by discountedmediaoutlet
Price: $14.63
20 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Stella - Season One (DVD)
Great series. DVD is about the only way to watch it now.

Lenovo S6000 Bluetooth Keyboard (888015122)
Lenovo S6000 Bluetooth Keyboard (888015122)
Offered by EZ-TRADE LLC. (TAX FREE anywhere)
Price: $24.69
74 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sexy case/keyboard, April 7, 2014
I don't normally write reviews, but this was a great purchase. Stylistically, it's perfect. It's shiny, sleek, and really completes the look of the tablet. When it's case function is in use, the back of the keyboard is the same as the back of the tablet.

The functionality is also perfect. It's a very usable keyboard which gives you a whole range of options that would be a pain with only the touch screen keypad.

InvisibleShield for LG Nexus 4 E960 (Full Body) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long, March 24, 2013
This started peeling off within a few weeks of correct installation. I've used a competing company's protector, and it never peeled off or give me any problems.

Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N' Play Piano
Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N' Play Piano
4 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again in a heartbeat, October 9, 2012
We bought this for considerably more at Toys R Us last year, but it is easily worth it at any price. Our two year old triplets have used this toy every single day since we bought it. When they were smaller they'd sit in the seat and spin like crazy and play with all the rattles. Now that they're bigger we've removed the seat and they love stomping on the keyboard and pushing their walker through the middle of the toy over the keyboard. One of our girls in particular loves to give us little concerts, banging away on the keyboard and going "aaaaahhhhhh!" into the microphones. I just can't believe that we've had this toy for well over a year and they still love it so much, and they show no signs of losing interest at all. This was SUCH a great buy. There's easily enough room for all three girls to play with it at the same time.

The trumpet and the bell don't exactly do a whole lot, but there's still more than enough on this toy to keep everyone entertained for a good long time. We've only had to replace the batteries on it once, too, so I'm really impressed with the battery life. The quality is great, and everything is still working perfectly, despite bottles having been dumped on it several times. I just can't recommend this highly enough.

Big Brain Quiz GOLD
Big Brain Quiz GOLD
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun trivia game!, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Big Brain Quiz GOLD (App)
The categories are fun, and the game works well. The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because I cannot figure out how to play multiplayer.

InterDesign Forma Power Lock, Soap Dish, Clear
InterDesign Forma Power Lock, Soap Dish, Clear
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but at what price?, August 21, 2012
I ordered this soap dish for our master bath, and at $3.49 I thought even if it wasn't great it would still be good enough. I mean, it's a dish that holds soap, right? My spouse and I were both really impressed with how sturdy and attractive this turned out to be. As a matter of fact, I was so happy with it I came back to Amazon today to order one for every other bathroom in the house, only to discover that the price shot up to $10.49! We're really pleased with it, but I think I'll keep an eye on the price and see if it drops again.

Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
by Shauna Sever
Price: $13.14
49 used & new from $4.71

4.0 out of 5 stars So creative and fun!, July 16, 2012
I've been making homemade marshmallows for years using a recipe I got from Martha Stewart magazine, but it's for a plain vanilla marshmallow. The only way I felt confident flavoring it was with LorAnn oils, which are hit or miss in their flavor. I was really excited about this book's wide variety of unique flavors and ideas. I haven't been able to put the book down since I got it. It's so much fun to flip through!

The only snag I ran into is that even though I calibrated my candy thermometer precisely and followed the author's tips regarding temperature, I found that when I cooked the syrups to her recommended temperatures they got too hard and turned to hard candy as soon as I poured them into the mixer. However, when I ditched the candy thermometer and warmed the syrups just enough to melt the sugar I got PERFECT results. I'm enjoying the maple bacon marshmallows right now. So delicious! I can't wait to try every recipe in this book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 3:54 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5