Profile for Atomic Tofu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Atomic Tofu "Code of Bushido" RSS Feed (In my heart)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Irish Spring Signature 3 in 1 Body Wash, 15 Ounce
Irish Spring Signature 3 in 1 Body Wash, 15 Ounce
Price: $3.97
6 used & new from $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells good, works good :), March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now I have to preface that I am a body wash person. That is, I'm not one of those who buys the liquid soaps and just puts it in my hand, I use bath mitts. Bath mitts make using body washes a luxury on 2 sides. One, they work up the lather that is intended for the product...two, the mitts offer exfoliation that we all need.

That said, the Irish Spring Signature Body Wash initially looks small, but for the price and what you get in the physical size isn't bad. Then when I actually used it, I noticed it is a much more substantial liquid than most body washes. You squeeze some out onto your mitted palm, squeeze your palm, and you can basically feel the clump of liquid body wash. So, I would say this is a concentrated type of formulation...or perhaps they mixed it that way for people who don't use mitts? I don't know. :)

As for the smell, it smells great and initially you think it's too strong but it doesn't seem to permeate or saturate your skin. Seems to just give you a nice smelling bath, which of course makes you feel good.

I love products with mint and I didn't feel this body wash dried me out at all. Smells good and lathers well. Worked well for hair and skin.

Ultega Indoor Trampoline Jumper with Safety Net, 140cm
Ultega Indoor Trampoline Jumper with Safety Net, 140cm
Price: $124.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and almost perfect, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first opened this box, first thought was wow, that's a lot of pieces. Pulling the parts out and laying them down also still seemed a task. That is until you complete the first step then you realize it's not a lot of parts after all. You might however, be shocked at how big it is. It's much bigger than I thought. And the tubing is quite substantial. This feels quite safe and reassuring for our little ones to use.

The one bad thing about this, the manual was sort of crumpled up, so not a major issue. You get a screwdriver along with all the needed screws so you don't have to go digging up any additional tools, unless you wanted to. One thing of note, the vertical security tubing comes sleeved in a padding that is akin to packing padding, because of this, I de-sleeved them all. Only to realize it's part of the tubing when done. Silly me.

Putting the "Ultega Indoor Trampoline Jumper with Safety Net" was a simple process indeed. You lay out the 6 curved tubes "top rail" and join them into a circle forming the base. Then attach the 6 feet portion to the base with screws, and flip. Next you'll fiddle with the tramp mat and the cords to attach them to the base. Put the red pad into place. Attach the 12 poles in pairs with screws to form the 6 full sized poles and attach these in turn to the base with screws. Last step is to secure the netting in place, there will be some screwing involved and Velcro. That's it. Pretty easy.

Now, the only negative if you could call it and prevents this from being perfect. I think the netting should have been of a springy almost trampoline type material itself. That said, the netting is of a standard type with no bounce or stretch. This is adequate for our little ones but I think a springy netting would have added even more fun. BUT, perhaps this would have encouraged our rambunctious little ones to attempt to tip the trampoline jumper over inadvertently.

As for the size of this "toy", this is basically the same trampoline area for adults in the form of fitness trampolines and I would say it's of the larger sized variety than the smallest of the small.

18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Two-Tone Multi-Gemstone Cluster Pendant Necklace (0.01cttw, I-J Color, I2-I3 Clarity), 18"
Price: $54.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Very lovely, March 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm usually not a jewelry person and I don't put much weight into how expensive something is that makes it valuable.

I do find this pendant necklace quite lovely. I would say the sizing of the pendant and the chain that goes with it are perfect. Some people don't like oversized jewelry and this won't be one of those garish monstrosities. What you will find is a nicely sized 1" pendant on a svelt 18" chain.

As for colors, we are usually a silver or white gold family but we wanted to see how yellow gold looks for this occasion. I'm more of a green colored person but I did find the purple tones to be quite eye catching.

A nice and lovely pendant necklace for a good price. One of the other nice qualities of this piece of jewelry is that the stones are natural, that is they are not enhanced with any method like lead baking to deepen their colors or fill in any cracks. Just nice natural gemstones with their lovely imperfections.

Jarrow Formulas Greek Yogurtein, Coconut Cream, 16 Ounce
Jarrow Formulas Greek Yogurtein, Coconut Cream, 16 Ounce
Offered by NutriCelebrity
Price: $22.99
8 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice protein, March 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
From the ingredients list, you get a nice profile of quality components with nothing objectionable. The Greek yogurt is the main constituent of the mix and it's protein profile is enhanced by whey. Coconut in and of itself is a dominant fragrance and flavor, so even though it is number 3 on the list, it will be quite dominant. For some of us that's a bonus. Say for example, you like pina colada, you'll like Jarrow's Yogurtein Coconut Cream.

1 star deducted only because I think there should be more for what you're paying for. Maybe because it's tasty I would like more for less. ;)

The calorie count for what you get in protein is a good ratio as well. Sugars are moderately low and you get a good dose of fiber and Calcium. This could be used as a replacement for some meals due to the fiber, helps you feel fuller longer, low cals, good protein and calcium. Jarrow's does state that the product is not a complete protein profile so you'll want to supplement.

InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit Bin with Handles, Gray/Ivory
InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit Bin with Handles, Gray/Ivory
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hand knit bin, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice hand knit bin. I chose to test this because my wife knits a lot herself. Partly it was to give her an idea that you really can hand knit anything for any purpose you want.

A well knit item, you can use this to store anything. From little toys, to magazines, to even other knitting items like needles and yarns. Comes in neutral colors to match well with any design or fashion set up you have. A nice item.

Safe T Air with Natural Tea Tree Oil, 400 Gram
Safe T Air with Natural Tea Tree Oil, 400 Gram
Price: $26.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, March 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, I must say...my review is to combat all the negative reviews.

First, for the use of the product, it is normal that the product is just in an open container. Previously I used a product from RadonSeal called BioZap. It too was just an open container product.

Second, for the smell, I love the smell of Tea Tree Oil, and if it's the "real" tea tree oil, it sort of smells like a really strong citrus rind type smell...which I simply love.

Third, for the ones talking about price, products made with "real" tea tree oil all cost roughly the same.

Now, I quote "real" because there are many tea tree varieties of which an oil can be obtained. But the variety that is used for the antibacterial qualities comes from Melaleuca Alternifolia.

As with many natural products, if we're curious and want to try them to see if they work, then we should do so. For me, tea tree oil of Melaleuca Alternifolia is like Colloidal Silver. Big Pharma may not want us to believe in such products, but if we research, give it a try and it works for us, then by golly we should use it. I tested both Colloidal Silver and tea tree oil of Melaleuca Alternifolia and I can attest to them working as many claim them to work. They are borderline miracle products...only in that they are natural and work...much like the maligned Ephedra. Big Pharma couldn't control a product of nature...ephedra got banned. Thankfully these products work but we can't really abuse them like some did with ephedra.

Now, do your research on Melaleuca Alternifolia, do your research on what it smells like...buy and use it for its purpose and love it. Don't be like some other reviewers in that, it's like buying an Orange or Apple, and then giving them negative reviews because they were oranges and apples...it just does this type of product a disservice in an enormous way.

When I initially used the other tea tree oil product I lived in ultra humid Florida. Now I can test Safe T Air not in an extremely humid environment, but in an environment that has increased moisture due to changing seasons and changing AC use. The lingering moisture that is leftover when the winter chill thaws from our homes can be detrimental to our health. I'm glad Safe T Air appeared on Amazon's list of products. Though another product is also sold on Amazon...it doesn't have the Prime shipping option, Safe T Air does.

Because of the efficacy of Melaleuca Alternifolia as tea tree oil, don't let that turn you off to using such products when you need them. Just as eucalyptus oil should be kept from children and chocolate from dogs, doesn't mean they are dangerous products...it just means they work. This is a good product.

NYNE Multimedia Aqua Floatable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker (Grey/Blue)
NYNE Multimedia Aqua Floatable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker (Grey/Blue)
Price: $129.95
11 used & new from $99.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, March 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to start by saying this is my first Bluetooth "speaker" product review and product ownership. I've purchased half a dozen Bluetooth audio devices but this is my first "speaker". I am also no pretentious "audiophile", that said, I do enjoy good audio. This has pretty good audio but it isn't perfect, on to the review.

Strangely enough though, this is not merely a speaker but also features a microphone, so it is a complete Bluetooth audio device! Now unlike some people who give this a 5 star perfect review, the NYNE speaker is great but not perfect. To start, you get the micro usb cables to charge but you don't get an ac charging block, so this cannot make it a perfect 5 star product. Second, although there are led indicators for power on and flashing for when it is pairing, there is no indicator for the equalizer setting. There are 4 equalizer settings and you merely have to cycle through them to see what you like, you don't really know which setting you are on.

Moving on, all the other features are great. It has a sort of rubberized texture throughout the whole product. It is waterproof. It floats. It performs perfectly for all the mentioned features. It's also awesome that it features 3.5 aux jacks for old tech that does not feature Bluetooth, so it basically works with every audio device out there.

This is a 4.5 star product, not perfect but extremely awesome for what it offers. I could not give it a 5 star review, and because we can't leave .25 or .5 increment star reviews, I have to give it 4 stars. Audio is great, features are great, build is great, but just not perfect.

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream, 16 Ounces
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream, 16 Ounces
Offered by BLUE BIRDS
Price: $14.49
26 used & new from $8.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked wonders for my mom, March 16, 2015
My mom suffered from some curious blood condition that compromised her immune system. We didn't know what it was, we just knew it didn't make her feel good and made everything an ordeal for her.

One of her conditions was her skin was suffering and it was basically dehydrating, getting itchy and cracking. Needless to say, we did much research and came upon Vanicream. I initially thought it was one of those vaporous products they sell to women, but I was proven wrong. Vanicream ended up making my mom's condition much more bearable. Vanicream returned her skin to normal, though I myself don't know what she was suffering from...one of those things you have to deal with living have the country away and working 40+ hours a week.

But my mom is fine now, and I thank the makers of Vanicream for making a great product that worked for her.

Gripmaster Hand Exerciser Red, Medium Tension (7-Pounds per Finger)
Gripmaster Hand Exerciser Red, Medium Tension (7-Pounds per Finger)
Price: $10.32
38 used & new from $10.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for my purposes, March 16, 2015
This review is from: Gripmaster Hand Exerciser (Sports)
I use this along with the white pro heavy tension for building up not so much strength as control and getting accustomed to firing a service weapon.

Imagine lifting weights regularly and doing things like shrubs with 90lb dumbbells, having a strong grip, but also knowing I needed a product like this to help me on the range.

If you have a need like mine, Gripmaster is good.

Gripmaster Pro Hand Strengthening System, Heavy Tension (9 Pounds per Finger)
Gripmaster Pro Hand Strengthening System, Heavy Tension (9 Pounds per Finger)
Price: $13.70
6 used & new from $12.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for my purposes, March 16, 2015
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I use this along with the red medium tension for building up not so much strength as control and getting accustomed to firing a service weapon.

If you have a need like mine, Gripmaster is good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20