Profile for Viewing Wife and Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Viewing Wife and Mom "Author" RSS Feed

Remote + Nunchuk Nunchuck Controller Combo Set Bundle for Nintendo Wii
Remote + Nunchuk Nunchuck Controller Combo Set Bundle for Nintendo Wii
10 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy; Good Product, January 1, 2015
This was a brilliant purchase. Everything works well and the cover on the remote is so nifty!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish There Weren't Swear Words..., January 1, 2015
This is a film you want to share with your kids, but the swear words may put you off in some scenes. Watch it first; then decide.

Polar Express
Polar Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Film; Santa Love Not Required. :), January 1, 2015
Even if you don't assume the guise of Santa Claus every year, the graphics in this film are so beautiful that it's worth seeing.

Earth to Echo
Earth to Echo

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for Family Viewing, January 1, 2015
This film has a few instances of swearing and preteen romance, but it's a reasonable film for a family to sit down and watch together.

Home
Home
by Toni Morrison
Price: $17.21
157 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Appreciation Is Due, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Home (Hardcover)
I can't say I loved this book. The characters are reasonably developed, but in the end I am filled with gaps in my understanding of the persons... open spaces. I see maturity in the hero, and there is roundness among other characters. Still, there are unresolved issues that I can't say I enjoyed leaving open.

I appreciate Ms. Morrison writing a text so true to life, but I'm disappointed that I didn't feel the relief I normally feel when I close the cover of a Morrison novel.

As such, I applaud the brilliant realism of Home, but I wish there was more to be said about the hero and those connected to him.

We Are What We Pretend To Be: The First and Last Works
We Are What We Pretend To Be: The First and Last Works
by Kurt Vonnegut
Price: $15.42
42 used & new from $2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars A Time Capsule Between Covers, November 21, 2012
You must read this book because it exposes a lifetime of writing development in one reading. This is a clever publication. It starts with Vonnegut's very first novella, and it then gives you a parcel of what became of an incomplete last work before his death. The difference in style and subject matter, pace and purpose, wit, is HUGE and delightful. I hope you will enjoy this experience as much as I have.

You will gain a new appreciation for seasons and the time that life gives us to mature.

Flowers In The Attic (Dollanganger Book 1)
Flowers In The Attic (Dollanganger Book 1)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars VC Andrews EXPERTLY CHARACTERIZES a Woman Scorned, November 3, 2012
I just finished Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews. I know I'm late here, but this book deserves all the acclaim it has gotten and will get in the future. What a smooth, moving flow in the writing! The characterizations are brilliantly developed, and except for an ending that lags more than the rest of the text, the plot development is consistently engaging.

If you haven't read it, you should!!! (Don't see the 1987 movie afterward.)

And check out the heroine, Catherine, whose bitterness and path to vengeance--through to the sequel, Petals in the Wind--will rock your world.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Ideas, Rather Repetitively Written, October 2, 2012
I love a good piece of historical prose, but I don't need as many repeated ideas as Mr. Diamond offers me. I know that this text is often used for students. This kind of "folding over of information" is necessary in that setting. I'm just an interested reader! If it can be said in ten intelligible words, please don't write ten lengthy, overly explanatory paragraphs. Love the audacity of this text!!!