Profile for SmartMomma > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 259

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SmartMomma RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
My First Lab Duo-Scope Microscope
My First Lab Duo-Scope Microscope
Price: $65.59
21 used & new from $53.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 9 yr old little scientist., February 1, 2015
Bought this for our 9 yr old daughter who wants to be a dr or a scientist when she grows up ;) She was SO surprised and happy and just loved it immediately out of the box. Very easy to use. Make sure you buy batteries; there is no plug in option and a child would be very disappointed to receive this awesome gift and not be able to use it right away. We bought some prepared slides for her to look at which she loves, but she also just loves looking at everyday objects; coins, paper, hair. It does come with slide making supplies but we haven't tried them yet. I'm sure when she gets older she will want to look at objects that will need to be made into a slide (saliva, blood, etc) but i'm not ready for that yet! Very light weight! Just wish it came with a cover, we found a recycle bag that fits over it and the stool she keeps it on nicely to keep it from getting dusty. She doesn't use it everyday or anything like that, but it seems to be something she enjoys and I'm happy we got her this mid priced one instead of some cheapie one that was half the price and prob didn't work as well.

Sauder Pogo Desk for Children, Soft White Finish
Sauder Pogo Desk for Children, Soft White Finish
Price: $84.00
13 used & new from $72.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 1, 2015
Perfect!! Our 6 yr old really wanted a pretty white desk for her room to match her furniture. We love this one!! Was easy to put together and we LOVE LOVE LOVE that open storage bin. It is quite big and can fit tons of her stuffed animals she normally has laying around the ground and on her bed. Seems sturdy and like it will be good for many years in the future when she starts having homework to do.

My First Lab Prepared Slide Set Combo Pack - Creepy Crawlies & Extraordinary Ordinary
Price: $13.37
3 used & new from $13.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 1, 2015
My 9 yr old daughter got a microscope for Christmas, so we got her 2 packs of these slides, she really enjoys them. We have all looked at all of them and she has shown a couple of her favorites to her friends when they come over. They aren't something you will look at all the time or even multiple times, but felt the price was right and felt it was a necessity to buy her some prepared slides along with her new microscope so she would have something to look at.

My First Lab Prepared Slide Sets - Blood & Guts and Incredible Edible Plants (Pack of 2)
Price: $18.22
2 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter enjoyed them., February 1, 2015
Daughter loves them, she is in 4th grade and we got her a microscope for Christmas. They aren't something she will look at over and over again every single day, but a must if you have a microscope and are just starting out not experienced to make your own slides yet.

Minky Cuddle Dimple Dot WHITE Fabric By the Yard

Offered by Mystiqueshapes
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 1, 2015
Perfect! Just as described/pictured. Fast Shipping.

Minky Cuddle Rosebuds Baby Pink 60 Inch Wide Fabric By the Yard (F.E.®)
Minky Cuddle Rosebuds Baby Pink 60 Inch Wide Fabric By the Yard (F.E.®)
Offered by The Fabric Exchange
Price: $6.76
3 used & new from $6.76

5.0 out of 5 stars super soft, pretty and cuddly, February 1, 2015
Just as described, super soft, pretty and cuddly! Will make great stuffed animal bunnies for Easter :)

Licefreee Spray, Instant Head Lice Treatment Spray Bottle With Metal Comb, 6-Ounce
Price: $8.15
25 used & new from $8.15

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!!! BUT you MUST hit ALL areas!, February 1, 2015
I have to say I can't believe this stuff really works just like all the other reviews have said. Bought it 4 yrs ago when my oldest was in kinder and got these nasty critters; but it took 10 days to arrive in the mail and by then I was able to pick everything out. So I saved it....hoping I would never have to use it...4 years later in 4th grade she gets it again. Found them on Thursday; picked several out then remembered I had this stuff, sprayed it on but only used about half the bottle b/c I wanted to treat her younger sis just incase....I French braided her hair and we went up to bed. By the time we got to her room 2 adult lice were crawling on her forehead essentially trying to escape the spray! When she woke in the morning we found a dead one on her pillow.
Only found 1 live one and several dead nymphs on her morning check before school. When she came home rechecked, found a few dead ones (looked really tiny, newly hatched nymphs) Was out of spray and did NOT want to wait so long to receive it in the mail. Google helped me realize they sell this stuff at the local "blank"Mart for 3 bucks cheaper than on here, so I ran there and bought the 3 remaining bottles. Used an ENTIRE bottle on her hair (she has thin hair down to middle of back) went strand by strand. When I got to the nape of the neck 5 live adult lice were escaping. I put them on a paper towel and sprayed the heck out of them with the spray. 3 died instantly. 2 very large GROSS ones seemed to not be effected at all. So I put them in a cup and poured the stuff on them and they died within a minute. Checked last night after shower, nothing. Checked this morning and nothing. Dare I say we got them all...but Im gonna keep checking and prob spray her and her sis again in a week just to be sure... plus I have the bottles on hand so I can.
So I would say this stuff REALLY WORKS BUT you really have to use a ton and some adult lice seem resistant or slow to die, so I would still recommend picking thru the head really good strand by strand at least once or twice. If you miss just one nit or louse the entire process has to start all over again. I know it is time consuming, takes me 90 minutes per child, but if they are really gone in just 3 days then it is totally worth it!
I can't believe her little sis hasn't gotten it. There is a lice outbreak in her kinder class and the ONLY thing we do differently with her than her big sis is apply Fairy Tales conditioning leave in spray every morning after I braid her hair. Her big sis didn't like the smell so she refused it and she was the one who ended up with lice (after a sleep over I believe is where she got it). Guess who is going to get the fairy tale spray everyday now too ;) (also purchased at local "blank"Mart for cheaper and faster than online.
If you ever have to deal with this disgusting creepy problem I would not hesitate to try this stuff FIRST than applying those nasty smelling chemicals to your kids head...but don't be fooled into false sense of security thinking all you have to do is spray it and go..you really do still need to pick thru the head and remove ANYTHING at all that you see that shouldn't be there...dead or not. Good Luck!

UPDATE: I have had to use this spray a total of 3 times on my kids this year! They kept getting lice from the same little girl whose parents were not treating her :( All 3 times we became LICE FREE after the 1st use! Easiest way I think there is to rid of lice! All my little ones friends also got it from the original culprit and I recommended LF to them as well before they poured all that nasty chemical junk that doesn't work on their kids heads and they were all amazed. Lice literally were running down my daughters shirt to get off her hair, I only picked out 3 from her head and then 12 newly hatched nymphs on her shirt! SO GROSS! Never found another one again. I wrote the school and told them about it and with parental consent they treated the original child who continued to spread lice up to over 10 people in the class (ridiculous if you ask me!) And after like 7 treatments, the little girl was finally lice free by the end of the school year. I read some low star reviews of people saying the stuff is too expensive, but honestly, nothing is too expensive if if gets rid of your kids head bugs!!!! You MUST go strand by strand and drench the hair, pick out anything you see that shouldn't be there, dead or alive just to be sure. For my girls with long hair I separate in 2 sections and do one at a time and then French braid the half that is done and drench it again; then work my way to the other side of the head and repeat. I don't even wait to see a louse anymore, when my girls tell my their heads itch "like it did when I had bugs in it momma" I just grab the spray and drench them. Since it is chemical free and doesn't smell that terrible, we just do it. I keep 3 bottles on hand, one for each daughter and 1 for a friend/neighbor just in case! I never thought in a million years we would have lice this many times in our home in the course of our elementary school life, but that is naïve to think that way; just use this stuff as directed and you can rest easy!

24 Prewound White Thread Plastic Sided Machine Embroidery Bobbins for Brother Sa156
Offered by World Weidner - Machine Embroidery Supplies
Price: $8.88
2 used & new from $8.88

1.0 out of 5 stars BOO! Does NOT work for my SE400!!!, April 3, 2014
AH! I'm so mad I bought these! I decided to order them to get my order to the free shipping limit, but really I just wasted my money! They do NOT work for my brother SE400, it took me awhile to figure out it was the Bobbin, but no matter what I do it keeps showing up on the top of all my embroidery!!! When I take it out and put in one I wound up myself in my machine with my own thread it works like a charm, you cannot see any bobbin thread, so I will stick the prewound in and BAM! All I see is stupid bobbin thread! Obviously there is something about the thread in these things that isn't working with my machine. I do NOT recommend them if you own a Brother SE400.

Tear Away Machine Embroidery Stabilizer Backing Supplies Precut Sheets 8"x8" Fits 4x4 Hoops Superior Quality - 100 Sheets Per Pack - Sewing Stabilizers
Offered by Select Pro
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Thicker than I expected, February 5, 2014
When i ordered this, I read that it was great for embroidering Tshirts...I don't really feel this is the best type of stabilizer out there for this type of material. I'm new to this, so trial and error I guess. But also, just advice to newbies like myself...tear away is not the best thing to use for shirts; esp thin t/shirt material. Best option would be cut away...that is thinner and will stay forever with the embroidery. I also strongly suggest some sort of over the back fusible embroidery backing...another thing I had no idea exsisted until I tried to wear one of the newly embroidered shirts with this stuff = OUCH! (if you tear it all away and there are words...kiss the prettiness goodbye; it will become puckered and floppy looking after washing)....This is prob a good product for other items, it just did not suite my needs for shirts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20