ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Cat Rescuer > Reviews

Cat Rescuer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cat Rescuer RSS Feed (Minneapolis, MN)

Write Dudes Scribble Stuff 24 Gel Pen Value Pack, Assorted Colors/Styles (CYH60)
Price: $9.01
7 used & new from $9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pens!!!, April 21, 2015
I really like these pens. The colors are very nice, the glitter and metallics look great and they write smoothly! I printed a coloring page out on cardstock paper and the pens colored it beautifully. My mother is suffering from Alzheimer's and I asked her if she would like to try coloring. She was all for it so I will definitely be purchasing a set of these pens for her and printing out some pages she can color! I'm including a before and after photo and all coloring was done with these pens.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty [Blu-ray]
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ben Stiller
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $13.67
75 used & new from $4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful, sweet and worth every minute., September 30, 2014
I fell in love with this movie the very first time I saw it. I read reviews here and was saddened by the one star reviews, most of which contained little substance in the sentence or two people strained themselves to write. Then I realized that the common thread of these reviews was that people felt nothing happened and it was boring.
How sad for these folks that they missed so much. A whole lot happens in this film. Wonderful things, sweet things, exciting things and thoughtful things, but apparently if a movie doesn't contain big breasts, explosions, sex and death every two minutes it is termed "boring."
This is a movie that is very enjoyable to watch without knowing the details and having events unfold for you at the same time it does for the characters. This movie takes you on a journey with Walter Mitty, who escapes his quiet, uneventful life by daydreaming about incredible experiences. A turn of events involving a missing photograph is the catalyst for him to get motivated to go on a real journey that involves experiences he never imagined he would have, and meet people that are unexpected and wonderful in so many different ways. Add to that unrequited love (with Kristen Wiig playing a charming co-worker) and a game changing scene that uses David Bowie's song Major Tom in an incredibly meaningful way, and you have a film that is a joy to watch and go along for the ride.

Staring the Dragon in the Eye: The Hidden Victims of Animal Extremists
Staring the Dragon in the Eye: The Hidden Victims of Animal Extremists
by Katharine Dokken
Price: $16.95
4 used & new from $16.95

1.0 out of 5 stars An animal abuser and hoarder in denial, May 15, 2013
Too bad there isn't a ZERO star rating for this book of lies. The fact that Ms. Dokken would go to such lengths to publish a book blaming everyone else for the heinous torture she inflicted on these poor animals just goes to show the extreme degree of denial that hoarders are in. The best thing that happened to these dogs was that she was exposed and the dogs were seized and given a new lease on life. There is plenty of photographic evidence that shows the horrifying conditions these dogs were forced to live in at mysite dot verizon dot net/bizqmjr1/id127 dot html
Ms. Dokken is nothing short of a monster and anyone that looks at those photos and continues to defend Ms. Dokken is a monster as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2013 12:44 PM PDT

Lasko 3300 Wind Machine
Lasko 3300 Wind Machine
Price: $36.28
59 used & new from $31.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Lasko 3300 Wind Machine (Kitchen)
I was looking for a fan with a stronger air flow than my basic 20" Lasko box fan. I looked around and saw the Lasko 3300 and thought it looked like it would fit the bill. When I got home I plugged it in and did a side by side comparison with my old box fan. I was surprised to find that there was no difference between the two. It's back in the box to be returned. I ended up purchasing a Honeywell Turbo Force medium size fan and it is a much better fit for me. It provides a much better air flow and takes up far less space. If I could afford it I would have purchased a Vornado as I have a friend that has a couple of different styles and they are awesome, but the Honeywell is a good second choice.

Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer
Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer
6 used & new from $157.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, February 9, 2009
I bought this printer a little over a year ago and have had nothing but problems with it since the beginning. The printer head has had to be replaced twice, the photo printing has been fair to poor, regular printing has been questionable depending on the day and Kodak's customer support leaves A LOT to be desired. After spending hours and hours I will never get back on the phone with Kodak CS, removing the software and then reinstalling with no results, now the computer is unable to recognize the printer at all so I gave up and bought an HP Photosmart (which I am liking very much now that I have a printer that works the way it's supposed to!) I have complained to Kodak and they are sending me a replacement printer, but I'll be donating it to charity and hope they have better luck. This was not remotely worth the cost.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
by Ian Fleming
Price: $27.95
40 used & new from $1.38

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book BUT..., January 8, 2005
...I was so angry when I saw this new version that I sent off a letter to Random House, which I'll copy here since it clearly states my issue with the "new" version (and I also highly recommend that if you intend to purchase this book you find an "old" copy from the 60's):To Random House-I recently bought a few books I fondly remembered from my own childhood so I could introduce my friend's 9 year old grandson to some timeless classics. One of these books was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. When the copy I ordered from arrived I open the package in breathless anticipation only to quickly descend into horrified shock at what I saw before me. The beautifully illustrated book I so fondly remembered was gone and in its place was paper with print, a hard cover, and a few pathetic, poorly drawn cartoons that serve only to disfigure, in an unimaginable and horrific travesty of art sense, what was once a gloriously illustrated treasure....The beautiful, original John Burningham illustrations were an integral and ***irreplaceable*** part of this book and without them you've destroyed what was a perfect marriage of art and story. ... This reissue is a miserable failure and a nasty insult to the readers who will never experience the true joy of what was once a perfect book...Needless to say, this "new" copy is going in the garbage and I've ordered a used copy from 1964.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2013 12:55 PM PDT

Real Food for Cats: 50 Vet-Approved Recipes to Please the Feline Gastronome
Real Food for Cats: 50 Vet-Approved Recipes to Please the Feline Gastronome
by Patti Delmonté
Price: $9.88
134 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING/ZERO STARS! (Is Amazon censoring now???), October 3, 2004
(update:5/14/07)A few years ago in 2004 I wrote a review here of this dangerous book and was the first to point out that many of the recipes call for onions, which are extremely HARMFUL to cats! It seems that Amazon has now "disappeared" my review despite the fact that several others have also witnessed this gross negligence on the part of the author and the so-called "vet" that approved these recipes. My original review is referred to in another review here and there was absolutely nothing I wrote in my review that wasn't true and correct. That in and of itself is exactly why nobody should buy this book. With the pet food recall going on, people who buy this book with the notion of home cooking to avoid harming their pets are going be heartbroken still when their cats develop hemolytic anemia from feeding them ONIONS AND GARLIC, neither of which should be give to cats AT ALL. The vet that "approved" these recipes should lose his license to practice. It is clear from some of the reviews here that there are ignorant and comprehension-challenged people that are completely clueless about the dangers of onions and garlic to cats and will happily dish out some of these onion-containing homemade toxic concoctions to their cats then wonder what happened when they get sick and possibly die. That is specifically why this book should not be sold on Amazon or anywhere for that matter. Taking accurate and truthful warning reviews off this site IS censorship and is ethically indefensible. However, removing a book that has the potential to kill a beloved pet is not. As I stated in my previous- now missing- review, I wanted to give this book ZERO stars but the worst they have as an option to give is one.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 11:30 AM PDT

The Pill Book Guide to Medication for Your Dog and Cat
The Pill Book Guide to Medication for Your Dog and Cat
by Kate A. W. Roby
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
80 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference for every pet guardian, March 30, 2003
Having been in cat rescue for over 25 years, I have been in a position to have experience with nearly every medical condition under the sun. I bought this book years ago and it has been an indispensible tool in working with sick cats and knowing what the medications they are prescribed do. Too often people give their pets whatever the vet prescribes without knowing anything about the medication, its side effects or how it works in relation to other meds and I really believe that needs to change. This book is very comprehensive and covers everything from a description of what each medication does to side effects, cautions, correct dosages and also categorizes how it affects pregnant, young, or senior animals. I have used this book so often it is in tatters and it's time for a new one! I cannot recommend this book highly enough, and believe that every pet guardian should have a copy.