Profile for Rich P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rich P. "careful shopper" RSS Feed (Southport, NC)

Crockpot Recipe Collection
Crockpot Recipe Collection
by Editors of Publications International
Edition: Ring-bound
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cookbook, October 1, 2010
I bought this cookbook as a gift for a friend of ours who does a lot of crockpot cooking. My wife looked through it and also wanted one. So, I got her one too. Both my wife & our friend tell me this is a great cookbook devoted solely to crockpot cooking. It is well-organized, detailed & easy to read/understand. The recipe inventory covers a wide variety of meal types. It is a must for anyone who does crockpot cooking!

Nautica Men's Trifold Wallet, Black, One Size
Nautica Men's Trifold Wallet, Black, One Size
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Wallet, July 20, 2010
This is a great wallet, one of the best I have ever owned - & I'm 64 years old! It is stylish & well-constructed of soft leather. It measures only 3"x4", yet, in addition to a currency bill compartment, has most generous card storage capacity: 1 clear plastic ID slot, 7 leather slots, & a 4-part plastic insert that easily holds 8 cards placed back-to-back - for an unbelievable total of 16 card slots! And, it tri-folds nicely into a non-bulky comfortable unit. I love it & would buy it again in a heartbeat. This wallet is a great value at its regular price of $34; it would be utter foolishness to pass it up at the sale price of $19.99!

Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Price: Click here to see our price
177 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable and secure..., March 17, 2010
My Garmin 265WT portable GPS unit arrived last month. Included with it was the window-shield suction mount. I tried it and it worked OK. It was a stable mount, but somewhat of a security pain-in-the-neck. Since security is an issue nowadays with portable GPS units, I had to remove the suction mount from the windwhield in order to hide it away each time I exited my car. Then, I had to re-attach it to the windshield again upon re-entering. I subsequently searched the Internet for alternative mounting devices. Nearly every user product review recommended the portable friction mount because of its ease of use and stability. I purchased one, and have been using it ever since. It has great stability due to its lockable "bean-bag" base, and I am able to install/uninstall it in seconds. It definitely is the way to go.

Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
45 used & new from $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed..., March 17, 2010
As a 63-year-old novice to the world of portable GPS, I spent several weeks surfing the Internet and talking to friends in trying to determine which one of the wide variety of brands, models and features would be best-suited to me. I read product descriptions, technical details, and user ratings/comments relative to numerous portable GPS units. I came to the following conclusions:
(1) based upon its huge market share and industry reputation, Garmin would be a
safe bet, and
(2) minimally, my GPS would have to possess the following characteristics/features:
ease of use, a wider screen(4.3"), Text-to-Speech(TTS)directions and Bluetooth
capability.
After that, it was a relatively simple task to scroll through the Garmin models to find the least expensive one that met the above criteria. The Garmin 265WT turned out to be the one.

I've had the unit about a month. I'm not "technologically savvy" by any stretch of the imagination, but I was able to use the 265WT, without any assistance, right out of the box on the very same day it arrived at my home. It is so easy to use, and does everything I needed. However, by reading the manual, I'm discovering so many other useful/interesting/fun things it can do. What a blast! It's simply fantastic!