May4th Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Armando N. Roman > Reviews

Browse

Armando N. Roman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1175

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Armando N. Roman RSS Feed (Hillsboro, OR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing at its finest., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pros:

It comes in a small bottle.

Cons:

I don't know how to pronounce "CoQ10".

Pepto-Bismol Children's Upset and Sour Stomach Relief Bubblegum Flavor Chewable Tablets, 24 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $30.41
6 used & new from $28.72

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not only do these help with upset stomachs, but they're proven to prevent chem trails!

Wellness Complete Health Hairball Control Chicken & Rice Natural Dry Cat Food, 11.5-Pound Bag
Price: $37.99
4 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggone it., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cats ate all of this up. They must like it. I don't abuse my pets.

Animal Planet Ocean Animals (Animal Bites Series)
Animal Planet Ocean Animals (Animal Bites Series)
by Animal Planet
Edition: Flexibound
Price: $11.60
50 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I doing these on PORPOISE?, April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I learned more about animals from this book than I did watching a season of Gilmore Girls.

Jarrow Formulas Yum-Yum PS 100 Gummies, Promotes Brain Function, 60 Gummy Chews
Jarrow Formulas Yum-Yum PS 100 Gummies, Promotes Brain Function, 60 Gummy Chews
Price: $16.36
11 used & new from $16.36

3.0 out of 5 stars These are better than P.S. I Love You too., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
They taste good, like real organic gummy bears. I couldn't believe it. There's nothing unBEARable about these!

Viva Labs Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate 150 Tablets
Viva Labs Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate 150 Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars They should give the bottle Magneto colors., April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The benefits of taking magnesium could fill up multiple scrolls. I was pretty excited to get this when it was offered, but truth be told, I didn't notice any differences in anything at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2016 6:29 AM PDT

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Offered by Always Innovating
Price: $45.45
76 used & new from $35.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great production values, lackluster gameplay., April 10, 2016
I haven't played a whole lot of tactical games, but the one I hold as the standard is the first Final Fantasy Tactics (and its improved version on the PSP). For the last couple of years, I've wondered about the Fire Emblem games, which have always come up in discussions about similar games, but I never got around to playing any of them. A few months ago I finally gave in and used some of my trade-in credit towards Awakening. For the first 5 or 6 hours, I was in. I liked the visual style, the story seemed typical but nothing terrible, and when I saw just how much you could boost your character's stats, I saw that I could really have fun exploring all the different classes.

Unfortunately, as the game went on, I got tired of a lot of what it had to offer. There wasn't much strategy to anything, enemy units often just made a beeline for my most injured units, almost every map was the same in that they rarely had any obstacles, and the worst thing was that the story got very lazy halfway through. Fire Emblem: Awakening has everything it needs to be a great game, but the developers played it safe and instead made a game that's better off for beginners or people new to the genre. For anyone who's played games like this before, this is going to be a walk in the park.

I won't go into detail about the story because it's so typical and becomes a mess in no time. There are a lot of small plots that lead to a bigger one, and you get tons of characters as the story progresses. The big problem here is that it's hard to care about any of the characters after about chapter 10. Sure, you'll get a cool character or two later on, but when new characters literally appear in a battle where you can recruit them, and never have anything to do plot-wise again, it's hard to care if anything happens to them or not. On the flipside, one of the selling points for Awakening is the support system, in which if two units are paired up or fight side-by-side, they'll get little heart icons to show a growing support level. While on the world map, you can go to the Support menu and view a conversation with those units (provided they're compatible) and learn a little more about them, and even have them get married. It's a cool addition, but completely optional. You can ignore the support stuff and you'll be ok. It does make things interesting though, since you have tons of possibilities with couples and their kids. I liked this, but it would've been better to have put it in the story here and there, rather than just having it be in a menu on its own. As new characters appear later on, there's no investment in them- they just show up, and what little you get through interactions just isn't enough to make me really care. It didn't help that many of them are typical anime/JRPG stereotypes. When can we get past these and actually progress with character types?

Combat is ridiculously easy most of the time, and trust me when I say that if you've played and Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics, or similar game before, you're better off starting out on the hardest difficulty. Early on in the game, I was a little worried, because your weapons can only be used a certain amount of time before they break and you need to buy new ones. Here's another part where the game could've been made a little harder, but they played it safe: you can level grind. There's an item you can buy in the towns that lets enemies respawn wherever you are, starting up another battle. You don't get any gold from fights, but certain abilities you learn through classes can net you gold when you defeat an enemy, and you'll often get weapons from defeated enemies. You almost never have to worry about being broke, especially later on when enemies are dropping good weapons left and right, and you can just sell them off. I was also downright disgusted by how stupid-strong some classes are with the abilities they get. Remember the cheap move from the samurai class in Final Fantasy Tactics, Blade Grasp? The move gave you a high chance of dodging physical attacks based on your Brave level, making you practically immune to weapons if you maxed out your Brave. Well, here there are skills that let you strike first, even when being attacked, and if you have other abilities that up your defense, critical rate, or anything else, chances are that you're just going to mow through enemies before losing any health.

What's worse, your party and the enemy take turns...as groups. All of your units do stuff, then all of the enemy units do their thing, and it's back to you. Rarely is there anything that needs to be saved on the map, like a village or special character, so you can essentially just move all your units somewhere one after the other, if needed. There's no sense of urgency. 9 times out of 10, your objective in story battles is to defeat the enemy commander to end the battle.

Oh, and for a really dumb reason, none of the character models have feet. And despite the cutscenes having full spoken dialogue, characters only grunt and gasp, or utter short sentences when you read their text.

Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't a bad game though. There's a lot I didn't care for, but it was honestly just boring in the end. Even with all the DLC and side quests, I don't care to go through it again, even to try out new relationships with my characters. Hopefully the next new Fire Emblem games can take some big steps forward in the gameplay.

Jarrow Formulas Ps-100, Promotes Brain Function, 100 mg, 120 Caps
Jarrow Formulas Ps-100, Promotes Brain Function, 100 mg, 120 Caps
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $27.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than P.S. I Love you., April 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried Vinpocetine by Jarrow a while back, and had excellent results with it. It was actually the only supplement I've taken for focus that seemed to make me focus better. PS-100 sounded just as good as that when I read the description, and as is usually the case with mental supplements for me, most of them give me great dreams.

The thing with stuff like this and me is, I don't have any issues with memory or focus. I have stupid-good memory and can bring up things from ages ago like they just happened yesterday, and a lot of people have told me that I remember their lives better than they do. With focus, I'm already good on making sure I'm paying attention to what I need to be paying attention to, and never have any accidents. PS-100 didn't help me with memory or focus, but it did give me a lot of good dreams. I'll give it 5 stars for that, which I know may seem dumb, but again, stuff like this isn't really for someone like me.

It certainly didn't make anything worse. And the pills are pretty small, without any weird smell or taste. Just take up to three a day with meals and you're good to go.

Viva Labs Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement - The HIGHEST Concentration Omega 3 Capsules, 2,200mg Fish Oil/serving, 90 Softgels

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I want vanilla ice cream and fish., March 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fish oil is one of the supplements I've taken over the last couple of years that's helped me out in various ways. Viva Labs' Omga 3 Fish Oil is the best one I've had so far. Not only has it helped a couple of things for me, it just plain tastes good. I actually look forward to taking this every day.

The capsules are on the big side, and you should probably take them one at a time. They have this great vanilla taste and smell, with no weird aftertaste. Some of the benefits I've had since taking it is that my knees haven't had as much pain when I kneel down, my seasonal allergies aren't anywhere near as bad as they usually are, and I just plain feel good. I started taking fish oil when I didn't know anything about it. I never read any reviews or looked into what the benefits are. I'd only heard a couple of athletes and people I know talk about how it's a staple in their supplement cabinets. So when everything kicked in, it wasn't just my mind going "oh hey, this stuff DOES work!".

I highly recommend this, especially over any other fish oil just because of the vanilla flavor. It's -that- good.

Garden of Life Raw Protein and Greens, Chocolate, 611 Gram
Garden of Life Raw Protein and Greens, Chocolate, 611 Gram
Price: $31.26
20 used & new from $29.45

5.0 out of 5 stars So organic, all it needs is a picture of a bearded dude with a plaid fedora on the container., March 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For a long time, I've been meaning to try different versions of green protein, but I was never able to get around to it for various reasons. The hemp protein by Onnit looked great, but the cost for the small containers wasn't so great. I recently got Garden of Life's Raw Protein and Greens, and was excited to try it out. Just look at the nutrition info- this is some of the healthiest stuff you can get. When I opened the container, the smell really threw me off, as it smelled like stale fruit snacks from the late 80s. There wasn't anything green or chocolatey about the smell. Once I poured a scoop into a cup of water and started mixing it though, it became more appealing. One scoop plus one cup of water and you have yourself a pretty nice little drink, although the grainy taste might throw some people off. It's supposed to taste even better with almond milk.

Over the last year, I've heard comedian Joey Diaz talk about what he does with Onnit's hemp protein powder, and it sounded delicious, so I tried it here.

"Throw in a banana, some ice, a scoop of peanut butter, blend it all up with the protein powder and water...who's better than you?"

Good lord, that little recipe made for the fourth best tasting thing that I've ever had in my mouth.

This is something I'm absolutely going to buy more of in the future, and keep on my wish list as a hint for birthdays/Jesusmas presents. I've never done that before with any other protein powder. If you use a scoop a day, you get almost three weeks of drinks here. I'm almost out after just two weeks because I can't stay away from this stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20