Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Armando N. Roman > Reviews

Browse

Armando N. Roman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1096

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Armando N. Roman RSS Feed (Hillsboro, OR)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kickboxer
Kickboxer
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Second year ESL student vs non-Asian Asian guy., September 1, 2015
This review is from: Kickboxer (Amazon Instant Video)
I was born in 1985, so I didn’t quite get to grow up with the “classics” when they came out. Sure, I saw stuff like Predator, Terminator and Rambo in the 90s, but that was about it for the big action movies. The slew of martial arts films that came out that decade are something I never got into when I was little, and not even when I started my first style (Shotokan) in 1997. Something about them never clicked with me. When Kickboxer showed up the other night, I thought I’d check it out and see what all the hype was about since this is one of those movies that constantly gets mentioned when people talk about martial arts movies, and especially those with Jean-Claude Van Damme. This is actually only the second JCVD movie I’ve seen too- the first was Street Fighter…in theaters. I can understand why this movie is so loved by people, but less than a minute into the movie I saw things that were wrong, and saw that this was essentially “80s Movie: The Movie”, and should only be watched by people for laughs if they haven’t seen it yet, or by those who really, really liked it when it came out and haven’t seen it since then. If you go into this expecting a good martial arts movie, you’re going to probably be laughing as much as I did.

Eric Sloane is the US kickboxing champion, taking out opponents effortlessly [mainly because they don’t react when he’s hitting them or defend]. When a reporter brings up Thailand’s Muay Thai fighters being the best in the world, Eric is surprised to even hear about the country and fighting style despite being the US champion. Right then and there, he has his brother Kurt book a trip for Thailand, and before you know it, they’re there. Assuming that all attacks are the same, Eric goes into his fight with the Thai champion Tong Po like any other. Kurt had seen Tong Po training right before the match, seeing how strong his kicks were, and tried to get his brother to cancel the fight. Right off the bat, Eric is hit with elbows and surprised by it. He goes down in no time, and Tong Po make an example out of him by kicking the towel that Kurt threw into the ring back at him, and landing a downward elbow right on Eric’s spine after he’s out. At the hospital, Kurt learns that Eric survived, but will never be able to walk again because he’s paralyzed. With nothing but revenge on his mind, Kurt looks to learn Muay Thai and take out Tong Po. He eventually meets Xian Chow, a little old man in a secluded area who is basically the Yoda to Kurt’s Luke.

Look, I didn’t go into this movie expecting it to be serious or anything. I know how bad a lot of 80s action movies are. Martial arts have come a long way since then, in real life and in movies, but good lord, the fight scenes here are comedic gold. You get the two at the beginning with Eric, then one or two very short ones in the middle, and the final showdown at the end. The opening fight with Eric and some random fighter was nothing short of embarrassing. I can see how a lot of people back in 1989 would’ve been impressed by it, but watching it now in 2015, it looks like a demonstration. “You do this attack and I’ll do this. You block here and I’ll counter with this” kind of stuff. I lost track of how many openings people left while being attacked, waiting for the next attack. I looked up Michel Qissi, the guy who plays Tong Po, and saw that he has quite a fighting background and was working as a choreographer before he got the part for this movie. If that’s the case, why are his fights so bad? Half of the time he just walks around the ring really slowly, and he telegraphs his attacks before he does them- doing a round elbow and tapping it with his other hand, then doing a downward elbow and tapping it as well…then he goes and uses those as his first moves in the round. The majority of this movie is Kurt training and him starting to see that he has a family around him in the little village he’s staying in. Anyone who says this is non-stop action must be delusional.

There’s a lot more I could go on about but there’s no point because again, this is 80s Movie: The Movie. I was hoping to get something out of this and ended up laughing a lot, so I guess that counts for something. Apart from Xian you have his niece, Mylee, played by the stupid-beautiful Rochelle Ashana, and Winston, a carefree former army guy who had some kind of relationship with Xian in the past that we never learn anything about. All the secondary actors do their parts well. As for JCVD, I’ll admit, I was impressed by his moves that he did while training. The high kicks he did are some of the cleanest I’ve ever seen in a movie. It’s too bad none of the other fighters here got to show any of their skills. Like I mentioned earlier though, this is only the second movie of his I’ve seen, and while I’m always against making fun of someone for how they talk, you can’t help it here. His acting and broken English are so bad that they help make the movie funny. The “NOOOO!” he delivers in the beginning is nearly Darth Vader-quality.

I only recommend seeing this if you’re curious and have nothing better to do and want a quick laugh. It sums up the average 80s action movie, with the fast moving plot, serious tragedies that are brushed aside in seconds, lots of synthesizers, a couple of montages, etc. Anyone with a martial arts background won’t be too impressed by the fights here, and if you’re like me, you’ll be busy noticing a lot of things wrong, like the referee for a kickboxing match wearing a karate gi and black belt in the opening sequence. Kickboxer ends up being one of those movies that’s so bad that it’s good.

Fisher-Price - Disney Minnie - Fabulous Minnie Mall
Fisher-Price - Disney Minnie - Fabulous Minnie Mall
Price: $49.84
11 used & new from $49.84

3.0 out of 5 stars What, no hotdog stand?, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the things I really liked about this playset is that you can separate it into two locations, or keep it together. If your kids just want to play with one part of it, they can! Assembly only takes a couple of minutes, and the car is ready to go right out of the box. Everything is colorful, there's a lot to do, you get a couple of cute figures, and everything that moves doesn't require batteries or constant cranking in order to operate. You have escalators, a slide, a merry-go-round, and a bunch of shopping-related things to play with.

The main drawbacks to the set are that a lot of things here just don't work like they should. Some pieces are too big or small for where they go, and a couple of the parts are on the flimsy side. The slide and escalator in particular. They work...just not very well. Because things aren't balanced, a lot of times, the figures will fall out of place when something is moving. It can get very frustrating for kids fast. If this were a cheaper playset, it wouldn't be such a downer, but you're paying half a Benjamin on this thing. There's no real way to fix any of this either.

Natures Bounty Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000 mg Softgels, 100 Count
Natures Bounty Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000 mg Softgels, 100 Count
Price: $17.06

4.0 out of 5 stars The Great Pumpkin must never wake up to go to the bathroom!, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The list of supplements I try continues to grow. I had no idea that pumpkin seed oil was something a lot of people take, and after reading about the benefits to urinary tract health and kidneys, I thought it might be something good to start taking. Granted, I've only been 30 for a little over 2 months but it's always good to get a head start on things.

The truth is, I don't really need this. I don't have any problems going to the bathroom, and my prostate's fine, as far as I can tell. That's probably why I didn't notice any benefits or changes at all while I was taking this stuff. It didn't feel different when I went to the bathroom, and I didn't have more/less trips either. I took one capsule with lunch and one with dinner.

Still, if you do have issues, you should give this a shot. It doesn't have a bad taste or smell, or leave a weird taste after you take it.

Irreversible (English Subtitled)
Irreversible (English Subtitled)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, we all know what happens. So...how about the rest of the movie?, August 27, 2015
This is one I’ve been hearing about for years. Probably since it came out, I’d been hearing a lot of things about Irreversible, mainly for “THE SCENE”. Since you’re looking through reviews for this movie, there’s a 99% chance you know exactly what I’m talking about. Irreversible was in my queue for a couple of years. It took me a long time to get around to it because I didn’t want to watch it on a night when I was in a really good mood, or when I was down for whatever reason. I wanted to be neutral and pretty awake. I stayed away from any kind of long plot summary, and only knew that this was a revenge movie, supposedly one of the most brutal ones out there. I can see how that would’ve been the case when the movie came out, and as a result, I think this is one better left to people who haven’t seen many brutal revenge movies. Had I watched Irreversible the year it came out, or even not too long after, I’d probably appreciate it more.

After a long, annoying, opening credits that starts to spin to get you a feeling for the tone of the movie (seriously, just jump ahead 3 minutes or so to avoid this), we’re introduced to two older men on a bed in a small room, just having a small conversation. It turns out that one of them slept with his own daughter. They then hear a ruckus outside, and we’re taken to the aftermath of a horrible scene at a bar, with a man being put into an ambulance on a stretcher. Another man is leaving in handcuffs, seemingly aware of what he did and what’s going to happen to him. Cut to right before that and it’s clear that the movie is going in reverse. We see the man who was in the ambulance, and the one being arrested, storming the bar looking for someone. One of them, Pierre, is hesitant to do anything and the other, Marcus, looks like he’s ready to kill whoever prevents him from finding the man. Eventually, Marcus does find him, and it doesn’t go his way- he ends up on the floor in no time and gets his arm broken. Pierre steps in, knocks the dude aside, and proceeds to smash the heck out of his head with a fire extinguisher, rendering it into a literal bloody pulp. It ain’t pretty. From here, we go back to find out what led them to this gruesome act of violence.

I know people are going to take one look at my rating and then vote on it being not “helpful”, because for some reason a lot of people who read reviews have already dealt with whatever the product is, and just want to make sure others agree with them. I “get” this movie. I get why the camera spins and moves around so much for the first third of the movie, ok? I get that one of the main points in the movie, when all’s said and done, is to show that our actions are irreversible, and that nothing good ever comes from revenge. That being said, I was bored from beginning to end. So much in this film feels like it’s trying to be unique that by the time “THE SCENE” happened, I was bored and waiting for it to be over with and see what happened prior to that part. That scene goes on for several minutes, and I’m sure I’m going to get heat for this part especially, but it didn’t make me feel anything. It’s the first time we really see Monica Bellucci’s character, Alex, so for all we know, this is a complete stranger that it’s happening to, and we have zero connection to her. Of course it’s still a terrible thing that’s happening, but it’s equal to when some no name character in a movie gets murdered, at least to me it is. Apart from the fire extinguisher smashing, there wasn’t anything here that seemed all that brutal to me. In fact, compared to a few other movies I’ve seen (all of varying quality), the violence and sex scenes here are pretty average.

If there’s anything I liked, it’s that I appreciated that each segment was seemingly done in one take. There are never cuts to show closeup reactions or to transition from scene to scene. The camera follows the stars wherever they are, and only moves along to another ‘angle’ when we go to an earlier part of the day. Also, by the end (well, beginning I guess) of the movie, I finally kind of liked Marcus, because his scene with Alex when they’re just in bed waking up made them seem like a real couple. The way they interacted with each other was very believable, and they looked like two people in love. Sure enough, I checked Vincent Cassel’s bio and him and Monica were married! I was gonna say, with some of the areas he got to put his face in, she must’ve been at least dating him at that time, or Monica is just that carefree when it comes to nakedness in movies!

As bored as I was, for the most part, the movie still has an interesting enough main plot of Marcus and Pierre finding the criminal that kept me from turning it off. A lot of the segments feel too long, especially the one on the subway, and some viewers may be turned off by the filming style used for the first section of the movie since it goes along with the downward spiral into madness and being on drugs. I don’t recommend it as something you should see, but at the same time, you may as well watch it just so you can say you saw it.

Schleich Dragon Fighter Toy Figure
Schleich Dragon Fighter Toy Figure
Price: $15.62
15 used & new from $15.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Way cooler than Dragonheart 2., August 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Schleich makes some of the best animal toys out there. From the more normal ones like elephants, pandas and hippos to mythical beasts like griffins and lizardmen, they're constantly putting out quality toys. My daughter's partial to the mythical/fantasy figures, especially the dragons. This dragon fighter, while not as big as some of the other dragons, is still impressive, and would make for a fearsome foe to anyone's Schleich farm animal collection.

At about 7 inches in length, the dragon is full of detail. Tears in the wings, scales, a moving jaw, spikes scattered about...it just looks cool! I love the colors they chose for this one, making it look like an angry version of Draco from Dragonheart. The actual toy looks just like it does in the stock image. It's lightweight and made of a good, durable plastic. My daughter loves this thing and has it terrorizing the Schleich cow and horse on a regular basis. I'm sure the Smurfs won't be safe either at this point. As you can probably guess, this might not be the best toy for little kids what with all the spikes and claws. They're not that pokey though, so kids as young as 2 years old will be fine with supervision.

As usual with most Schleich toys, there are no sounds or action features here. It's like a little plastic statue, and for this price, it's a good deal.

Bigfoot's Reflection
Bigfoot's Reflection
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Do an image search for this movie, and you'll mostly find images of Homer as Bigfoot., August 23, 2015
I had no intention of ever watching Bigfoot's Reflection.

Upon reading the title of this movie, I was hoping for a kind of deep character study, a drama where Bigfoot comes to terms with who he is and learns to love who he is. Then I hovered over the movie's image and saw that it was a short documentary about people who have sighted the mythical creature, and are hunting for more proof of its existence. Basically, it's the same Bigfoot documentary you've seen 100 times before.

We're treated to interviews with several different researchers, from various levels of "expertise" on Bigfoot. You have one guy who shakes more than Michael J. Fox swimming in a vat of Red Bull, who has a collection of Bigfoot foot prints, and seems to know a lot about primate feet. Another guy...

You know what? I normally don't do this in my reviews but there's really not much to talk about here. All of these guys are essentially the same person, just broken up into talking about different aspects of Bigfoot. Look, I'm not making fun of people who search for legendary monsters/creatures/beings. I like to believe that things like Bigfoot and some of the crazy stuff reported in New Jersey (the Devil's Tower, Gates of Hell, etc.) all have some truth to them. I don't not believe in any of it; I'm pretty open on it. But there's nothing here that can possibly convince you that Bigfoot is real. No one in this documentary seems credible, aside from one guy who's interviewed at the beginning and the very end, who shares a story of when he saw Bigfoot with someone else. For some stupid reason though, he's never able to tell his story from beginning to end. They kept interrupting his story with the other dudes talking about the classic film we've all seen (that's clearly fake, but you'll have a hard time arguing that with any of these guys) and other things.

One part that killed me is when one of the people interviewed talks about how he and some friends would go out into the woods and make weird sounds, screaming as loud as they could, in an attempt to attract Bigfoot. Now think about all the times when people who claim to have heard Bigfoot talk about how they heard weird noises. What are the chances that it was really someone just making strange sounds just like those guys? Admittedly, I was glad that this was brought up, because over half of the stuff talked about in Bigfoot's Reflection is so forgettable that you may as well just see if you can find an extended trailer for it, showing the "good" parts. If you're really curious, no, there's never a segment where the hunters make a real effort to find Bigfoot. It's mostly photographs (of various wilderness for some reason), interviews, and then some footage of the guys wandering around the woods to show just how serious they are.

Two stars because I got a lot of laughs during the Twitter watchalong, and from the people being interviewed, although those interviews weren't meant to be funny.

Disney Big Hero 6 Baymax Peruvian Hat
Disney Big Hero 6 Baymax Peruvian Hat
Offered by Cap Store Online
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars On a scale of one to ten, how insane is this hat?, August 22, 2015
My youngest daughter turns 2 next month, and for the whole year, she's been super into Big Hero 6. Baymax is pretty much the second character that she had a strong reaction to (the first being Elmo), and she has tons of Baymax stuff. Figures, shirts, cups, you name it. When I found this hat on here, I knew it'd make a great winter hat for her, and just a fun birthday present. I haven't seen this thing in any stores, so I wasn't able to try it on her before ordering to make sure it'd fit. She has a huge head just like me, but luckily, this hat is a great size. It looks small, but it fits her and it even manages to fit over my giant head while not being too snug!

The Baymax hat looks exactly as it does in the stock image on this page. No changes were made to anything- the design and colors are all identical. The braid-thingies aren't too long, but short and thick enough to not break easily when you pull them down to adjust the hat. The inside is polyester lined, very warm and soft. As for the Baymax design, everything looks great! I've seen a couple of different Baymax hats, mostly beanies, and this is by far my favorite. I won't lie- I actually want to get one of these for myself now after seeing how rad it is. Previously, I was a big fan of the Frankenweenie Peruvian hat and considered getting it, but I think I've changed my mind.

There's just one thing I don't like about it- the beige color of Baymax! I didn't get to watch Big Hero 6 until about a month ago, so I wondered if maybe he had a visor or something that made his face change color when he was armored. Nope. I mean, the beige isn't bad, but it's just weird that they chose it instead of white. The good thing about this though is that it won't be as noticeable if it gets dirty. If that happens, your best bet is to pour some laundry soap on the area, then rub it with a cold, damp wash cloth. I wouldn't recommend machine washing it.

Don't wait around and just go ahead and order this hat! It's one of my favorite pieces of Big Hero 6 merchandise so far. It's too bad they didn't make one for Fred or Yokai. Still, Baymax is more than enough!

Katamari Damacy  - PS3 [Digital Code]
Katamari Damacy - PS3 [Digital Code]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever want to launch a Bumble Ball with people, animals and buildings on it into space?, August 20, 2015
My taste in games has always been pretty diverse. Heck, one of my favorites is Seaman on the Dreamcast, which is essentially a virtual psychiatrist that just happens to be a human/fish hybrid pet. In 2006, one of my friends was taking pictures of Katamari Damacy and posting them on his site. I had no idea what I was looking at, but I trusted him when he said something was good (most of the time), and the next day, I went out and bought the only copy the game store near me had. It was brand new and bargain priced. A few months later, the game would be very hard to find due to the overwhelming popularity it got from word of mouth.

Now that you can go online and easily watch videos of gameplay for any game out there, it’s easy to look up stuff on Katamari Damacy and find out if it looks interesting to you or not. Back then though, I was just going by what I heard. You play as a tiny prince from space who rolls around a Bumble Ball-like object that makes things stick to it, picking up bigger and bigger things as it grows, then it gets launched into space by a giant king to become a constellation? WHAT? The game was so weird and yet it had this undeniable charm that made it accessible to everyone. The graphics are very basic and borderline PlayStation One quality. Does this matter? No. The soundtrack is made up of all kinds of music, from lounge to a little kid choir to techno. You control the direction you roll the katamari with both analog sticks, pressing them both forward to move it straight forward, both left to move straight left, and move one in one direction while the other goes in another to get it at the right angle. It takes just a few minutes to get used to, and when you do, playing the game is a breeze, and most importantly- fun.

And that’s where Katamari Damacy shines- the game is extremely fun to play! I recently got it on PSN because it’s still the best game in the series, and I missed the old music. I jumped right into it without any issues, only failing to clear a level one time because I couldn’t get a good rhythm going. Everything in this game meshes together perfectly; it’s hard to find anyone who hates this game unless they’re just the kind of person who only plays a specific type of game and nothing else.

There’s never any variation in the levels or objectives. Each level has you rolling up objects with your katamari, usually to make a constellation once you’re done. Some levels have you inside a home, smaller than a mouse, rolling up tiny things like paper clips, ants, gumdrops, erasers, etc. and once the katamari gets bigger, you’ll move on to plates, books, utensils and more. Other levels have you outside, picking up plants from a garden, clothing and pets…then going up to people, vehicles, buildings, and even monuments and giant monsters battling each other. Trust me, the katamari gets HUGE later on. If they wanted to, the makers could’ve turned this into a straight up horror game, with this little cutesy object that makes everything it touches stick to it, then throwing it into space where it’s a sure thing that whatever’s still alive on it is going to be toast.

But no, it’s a cute, happy game!

It’s a shame that none of the sequels ever matched the greatness of this one. Practically every sequel reused levels from Katamari Damacy over and over again, making the franchise very stale. Each game also became more aware of itself, -trying- to be funny and weird instead of just being weird on its own. Of the series, I recommend this one before any of the others, not just because it’s the first but because it really is the best. After that, I’d suggest trying out Me and My Katamari for the PSP if you have a way of playing it, because it had a fairly cute story and some fun levels with animals. From there, the rest of the games all feel the same. At the very least, play this one! It’s hard to not enjoy it!

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

2.0 out of 5 stars Holocaust Movie: The Movie., August 18, 2015
Have you ever seen a person auditioning for some singing show on tv and they weren’t bad? Like they did an ok job but there wasn’t anything remarkable about them? The Boy in Striped Pajamas is like that. It hits all the usual notes that World War 2 movies hit, and doesn’t have anything really special going for it up until the very end. This was a movie that I was looking forward to watching, and just 10 minutes into it, I felt something was wrong. Halfway through, I started thinking up better World War 2 movie ideas, like one where I have Anne Frank being played by Serena Williams, and when the Nazis come in to take her family away, she takes out a few of them with some reverse kicks and elbows, then does a handstand and grabs the lead SS officer’s head with her legs, throwing him out the window and saving the day. I thought of a lot more and ended up entertaining myself from beginning to end here because this is such an average movie that I was predicting everything that was going to happen for the most part, and was right 3/4 of the time.

Bruno is an 8 year old German boy who moves with his family into a new home after his father is promoted to a higher position in the military. He notices a strange looking farm from his window, noting that all the people wear pajamas while working, and that there are some kids working there too. His mom tries to make him forget about it, but Bruno is curious and makes his way for the farm one day while exploring. There, he meets Shmuel, a Jewish boy behind the electric fence as he performs his duties at the concentration camp. Bruno doesn’t know what to make of all of this, and starts to ask Shmuel questions about what he’s doing, and assumes that the young boy can leave to come over to his home like any other kid would be able to. Days go by and the two bond a little bit (stress on the “little”) as Bruno brings the boy food and even toys. Meanwhile, Bruno’s dad and sister have been brainwashed by the Nazi propaganda, and nothing but their country matters to them, while his mom is stuck holding in her emotions, for fear of being reported a traitor for criticizing anything regarding the Master Plan.

The whole movie is very basic, and for the most part, uninteresting. You have the innocent young boys who don’t understand the situation they’re in (on either side), a one-dimensional super Nazi father who never shows emotion for anyone or any situation unless it involves his work, the mom who never actually does anything, and the slightly older sister who follows her dad’s ways, mainly because she develops a crush on one of the soldiers at their house. Bruno is just a young boy, but legitimately has no interest in the war. He wants to be an explorer, and even when his tutor comes by and makes him read a new kind of book, the boy sticks to his guns. He manages to stay pretty normal through the whole movie, never gaining any insight to the war, or having any character development EXCEPT this weird part where he completely cowers down and lies about someone important to him. There are servants in the family’s home that are Jewish, and we’re supposed to feel for them, but they don’t get much screen time to do anything other than serve and get yelled at by others. And that’s my main problem with the movie- none of the characters are given enough time for me to get attached to, no matter how bad their situation is. Of course I feel bad for Shmuel, but even Bruno’s sister gets more screen time than he does. You feel bad for him by default, and rarely because you see anything happening to him.

There were other things I didn’t like, such as the Nazis being so lenient. When one of the servants is caught eating food from the dinner table, despite it being offered to them, he just gets a verbal slap on the wrist and is told they’ll talk more about it later. It turns out that the prisoner didn’t really get much of a punishment, all things considered. This same Nazi that yells at the prisoner is yet another character that doesn’t have much going for them, and what does come up, is so vague that they may as well have not even included the scene at all. I will say that the ending came out of nowhere, and you’re better off just watching the last 25-30 minutes of the movie. It feels like, if the movie is accurate to the book, the author wrote the ending first, then had to piece together the events that lead up to it because it’s such a shocker. At the same time, by that point, the movie lost me and I didn’t feel as bad as I probably should have, or would have, if it were a better movie. I’ll give them points for being one of the few WW2 movies I’ve seen to show a little more than others I’ve seen, and that’s all i’ll say about it.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas feels like it was made for high school classrooms to watch instead of something better for the Holocaust. The only people I can imagine caring much for this are people who are easily attached to characters based on what’s happening to them and not who they are, or anyone that’s never seen a World War 2 movie before. Watching it is a lot like doing one of those paint by the numbers pictures, with a repetitive soundtrack that’s seemingly comprised of 5 tracks. In the end, this isn’t a horrible movie by any stretch of the definition, just very lackluster.

Sundown Naturals Ayurvedic Balance Brain Health Capsules, 90 Count
Sundown Naturals Ayurvedic Balance Brain Health Capsules, 90 Count
Price: $25.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Combine this with Alpha Brain and Vinpocetine and transport into another dimension for good., August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm all for anything that helps your brain. Over the last 2 years, I've tried out a couple of different supplements that help with cognitive function, and I've had good results. The thing is, I don't need any help at all with my memory. I have one of those scary-good memories where I can tell you every little detail about something from ages ago, to the point where you'll think I'm a stalker or obsess over unimportant things. I can remember what outfit a friend was wearing the first time I met them, the full names of people I've met for a brief period of time and never seen again from 15+ years ago, and so on. Even then, I'm curious to see what stuff like this can do to me. So far, the best experience has been with Jarrow Formulas' Vinpocetine, and now, Sundown Naturals' own is right up there with it.

Take two capsules a day with meals. The first time I took it, I didn't notice anything different, but from the second time on, there was definitely something going on. These capsules give me some intense dreams. I get that this probably isn't the desired result for many, but I thought it was great. It reminded me a lot of the stories I've heard from people who use Alpha Brain by Onnit. Before I get to that though, no, I didn't notice any changes in my thought process or enhanced memory. I'm not trying to blow my own horn when it say it- my memory doesn't really need any improvements. If anything, it could be toned down a little just to make some people feel a little safer. You could experience great things though, similar to what other reviewers have written about. As usual with anything like this, it works for some and doesn't work for others. With the relatively low price, you're not losing much if you buy this and nothing happens.

The dreams I've had, good and bad, have all been so crystal clear that it's almost like I was actually there, experiencing them for myself. The only way to put it is that it seemed like I was taken from the reality I'm in right now, and transported to some other one. One dream had me back with an old girlfriend, in her home, almost like a "this is what could have been" vision. It wasn't good because I was still me as I am now, and I missed a lot of things like my daughters, who weren't a part of my life in that world. I started getting questioned by her family, because they all suspected me to be a bad person for various reasons, and I started spewing lines that you'd expect a character in a movie to say. They felt so forced that I was embarrassed to be saying them, and knew that they weren't true, but I said them just to keep my girlfriend's faith in me, and because I was scared to be alone again if she left me. I woke up not feeling too great after this one.

Another one had me exploring the wooded area that used to be by my home when I was a kid. I could hear everything exactly as it was- birds, water in the creek, horses in the distance at the little farm that was by our home, etc. That was the whole dream- just exploring, being a kid again, not having anything to worry about like going to work or meeting someone's expectations of how you're supposed to act or be in x situation. This was another case of me being transported there and I genuinely felt happy. I don't know if anyone else had the same thing, but for me, there was a very different feeling I had at that age, in how I saw the world, compared to how I did just a few years later when I hit my teens, and then later on in my late 20s and now at 30.

This is one of the few supplements I've tried that I might buy again at some point in time. The only drawback is the taste, which is very much a "medicine taste". There's a yellow powder on the capsules too, but it's not a problem by any means. Try it out and see how things go for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20