Profile for Michael G. Lustig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 773

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael G. Lustig RSS Feed (NJ USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ecospiral LED TP120-10/BR30/DIM 10 watt (65 watt equivalent) 685 lumens Dimmable LED Floodlight, warm white
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but..., June 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's a nice bright LED at only 10W. It's really amazing how far LED technology has come in the last few years. That said, this light has a couple of things that aren't ideal for me:
1) It is a Warm light which means it's towards the sunset side of daylight at 3000 Kelvin. I prefer Daylight which is like high noon at 5000 Kelvin. Daylight feels more natural than Warm and is key if you're using the light for photography (which I would have liked to).
2) It is indoor only. Just an FYI but I can't even use it to replace an outdoor flood lamp.

So, all thing considered, even though I got this in exchange for my review, it ended up not meeting my personal needs. It's a nice product and appears to be well built. I'm sure many bulbs will last for years.

DII 100% Polyester, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
DII 100% Polyester, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit my table perfectly, June 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I put this on my antique oak dining room table and it fit perfectly. The material has a commercial feel to it like you'd get in a restaurant. I'm not sure if this would change after washing.

After unpacking, ironing is required prior to use since there are wrinkles.

I liked the color and the quality and am leaving this on the table because it looks nicer than a bare table.

Taylor 9835 Digital Thermometer with LED Readout
Taylor 9835 Digital Thermometer with LED Readout
Price: $17.64
51 used & new from $12.19

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but why???, May 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my third electronic thermometer but I still have the analog predecessor so I ask myself why do I need this?

Pros:
* Bright LED readout
* Holds last temperature if you want
* Reads temperature quickly but you have to press Hold before it times out

Cons:
* Short 15 second timeout on LED is frustrating and makes me wonder about battery life compared to LCD
* Uses CR2032 batteries
* Can't be left in meat while cooking like analog counterpart
* Can't be used on a barbeque (I lost two LCD models this way)

I'm not sure a digital solution is required when a perfectly good analog thermometer is better in many ways and is less expensive.

batch5 Extreme Thermogenic Fat Burner Weight Loss Dietary Supplement with Garcinia Cambogia - 80 Capsules
Offered by PhysioPower
Price: $54.95
3 used & new from $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Crazy ingredients but only caffeine had any effect, May 30, 2014
I received this for free in exchange for my honest review.

First of all, as a real Amazon reviewer I take offense when I see a product that appears to have a bunch of phony 5 star reviews and a bunch of equally phony likes. This product appears to fall into the phony reviews category. It's pretty easy to spot because the "reviewers" usually only have one review and strangely it's a 5 star review for batch5 and then they never reviewed anything else.

The ingredients don't make sense to me other than to provide some caffeine which I can do for a fraction of the price with Caffeine Pills.

My honest opinion is that I won't be putting this into my body and that you shouldn't either.

Slow Cooking Cookbook for The Busy You (The slow cooking,Cookbook)
Slow Cooking Cookbook for The Busy You (The slow cooking,Cookbook)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pressure or slow cooking it's not for me, May 30, 2014
The picture says Pressure Cooking but the actual book has Slow Cooker recipes. My main issue with these "recipes" is that they start with so many prepared ingredients like soups or mixes. The first recipe for pot roast is just cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, water and beef. That's not cooking -- that's assembling.

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have if you own a PlayStation and any online games, May 29, 2014
If you purchased a PS then you need to purchase this membership if you intend to play any online games. In addition, the membership gives you access to free games and other things non-members can't get from the PS store.

I purchased it here instead of in the PS Store because I don't want Sony to have my Credit Card info. That turn out to be a good idea because they did get hacked not too long ago.

Mae Ploy Thai Panang Curry Paste - 14 oz jar
Mae Ploy Thai Panang Curry Paste - 14 oz jar
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $1.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavor - Better than my local restaurant, May 29, 2014
I've never been to Thailand but I have been to some good Thai restaurants in NYC. Were I live there are a couple of decent Thai restaurants but I found that I can make curries using Mae Ploy Curry Paste that taste as good or better than them.

Massamman and Panang are my go to curries but I have the full line-up including yellow, green and red curry paste too. From what I understand, some Thai restaurants use Mae Ploy or Maesri curry pastes because they don't want to make their own.

Hand brand curry paste is better but much more expensive and you can't get it here. Maesri is less expensive but doesn't taste as good. Mae Ploy has more heat than other brands and is priced right. This is the brand I use.

Fish sauce to taste
Finish with some lime juice or rice wine vinegar and cilantro or basil and serve with rice.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 1:11 PM PDT

Mae Ploy Thai Yellow Curry Paste - 14 oz jar

Mae Ploy Thai Matsaman (Massaman) Curry Paste - 14 oz jar
Mae Ploy Thai Matsaman (Massaman) Curry Paste - 14 oz jar
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to my local Thai restaurant - Better actually, May 29, 2014
I've never been to Thailand but I have been to some good Thai restaurants in NYC. Where I live there are a couple of decent Thai restaurants but I found that I can make curries using Mae Ploy Curry Paste that taste as good or better than them.

Fish sauce to taste
Finish with some lime or rice wine vinegar and cilantro or basil and serve with rice.

Paint Brush Set & FREE Zipper Storage Case/Display Stand ***Lifetime Quality Guarantee*** Acrylic, Oil & Watercolour Paintbrush Kit 12-Piece. Wood Handle, Synthetic Brushes. Art Kits for Kids, Beginner, Student and Professional Artist by Chameleon Art Supplies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-in-one introductory set for watercolors, May 22, 2014
These brushes come in a high-quality nylon case that pops-up when in use to a display case offering easy access to the brushes.

The handles on the brushes are light and have a quality feel seldom found in brushes in this price range. There is a good selection except for some very tiny brushes that might be needed for detail work.

The tufts on most of the brushes were pretty good quality but a couple had a little splaying. The shaping was pretty good except I didn't like the shape chosen for the large brush. I would have preferred a slight curve. Wicking was good but not great. The brushes won't last forever but the quality is very good at this price point.

This set would make a great gift to inspire somebody to start painting using watercolors.

I received these free in exchange for my honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20