Profile for James Duckett > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1303

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James Duckett RSS Feed (St. George, Utah)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jabra ROX Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds (Black)
Jabra ROX Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds (Black)
Price: $123.15
25 used & new from $94.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, great sound and battery, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I primarily look for three things in wireless headphones... fit, sound, and battery. I've been on the hunt for the "perfect pair" and this came pretty close. The fit is decent, but it isn't the most comfortable I've ever worn and sometimes it feels like it might fall out if I don't press them in my ear a little better. It is far from the worst, but it fell just short of making this perfect. The cords also seem to pull a little bit on my neck, especially on the right side where the control unit is. Not much, but enough that I notice and get a little irritated when having to adjust it every mile or two on a run.

As for the sound and battery, I've enjoyed both immensely. The sound is good, especially in the bass parts, and the battery life has so-far lasted a session or two at the gym or while on the road. I haven't ran it all the way down yet, so I don't know how much juice it actually holds, but for how small it is, I'm happy.

As for durability, I'd give it a "sweat-proof" rating, since I've tested that repeatedly. It feels pretty sturdy like it could survive a few drops or banging into something, but I'm not ready to give that a thorough test yet.

Samsung MotionSync Bagless Canister Vacuum with Power Brush  - Refined Wine
Samsung MotionSync Bagless Canister Vacuum with Power Brush - Refined Wine
Price: $449.00
3 used & new from $311.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for one day, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This only took a few minutes to set up, and then it was working like a champ. I vacuumed the house with my current vacuum (a Dyson, which I love) before using this to test its effectiveness. Sure enough, it picked up a few things the Dyson didn't. So I was pretty excited to keep this downstairs and leave the Dyson upstairs, so I didn't need to carry one vacuum upstairs and down almost every day. What I really liked was the retractable cord, MUCH MUCH better than wrapping it around the vacuum.

Oddly, the next day I went to use it, and the remote to turn on the motor didn't work. It continued to suck, but the main engine wouldn't spin. I tried some simple troubleshooting with no luck. I tried looking for a solution online, again with no luck. There isn't a lot of support on Samsung's end. I'm not sure where to go from here, I'd really like to get it working again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 6:21 PM PDT

Bamboo Multi-Position Adjustable Laptop Computer Desk & Serving Bed Tray With Drawer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used this to do some work on and also eat from, and it has worked great in both places. I like the that little notch to keep the laptop from falling off when it is in the upright position is removable, so it doesn't get in the way when using it flat. It seems very sturdy while in use. I do wish the legs weren't so difficult/time consuming to adjust, You have to turn some screws, move it, then tighten it again. I'd prefer something that kind of snapped it into place, but for the money, I have little room to complain.

BPI Pump-HD Ultimate Pre-Workout Formula, Blue Ice Lemonade, 11.64-Ounce
BPI Pump-HD Ultimate Pre-Workout Formula, Blue Ice Lemonade, 11.64-Ounce
Price: $27.22
21 used & new from $20.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Pushes me another set or two, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used other pre-workout items and I'd rank this about average, which is actually good because some of the other would get me too wired. This seemed to be a good mixture of energy without the jitters. That said, I think everybody has different tolerances, and I'm probably less sensitive than most people.

I often do about 3-4 sets of each exercise, but with this I can often push that to five and SOMETIMES even six--well, 5 1/2, that last one I'm usually grunting and struggling. I feel like I get a much more solid workout with those extra sets. I dont' know if this is supposed to help with recovery, but I didn't notice an improvement in recovery, per se, but I could go out on my regular-day activities after taking this instead of wanting to lie down and cry myself to sleep.

So, yeah, this gives me an edge while working out. The taste isn't fantastic, but I'm not gagging on it either. There are a few that I just could not stomach, and this was more like a watered down gatorade with some added chemicals in it.

Color Sheep
Color Sheep
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, requires good hand/eye coordination, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Color Sheep (App)
It's like plants vs zombies (only it's one sheep vs. a ton of wolves) in that you have to figure out how to deal with wave after waves of hungry wolves. The twist is that this requires a lot of hand/eye coordination by combining colors and their darness or lightness counterparts. If you are looking for something to keep your hands busy, this will keep you hopping. Warning: One you get a hang of it, yes, it gets addicting.

Music Volume EQ
Music Volume EQ
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Music Volume EQ (App)
It adjusts the levels like it promises, a great addition alongside Pandora and Google Play Music. Simple to use. I do wish they had some more presets, but this usually gets things dialed in close enough for me to make minor adjustments.

Calculator Plus
Calculator Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a buck, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Calculator Plus (App)
Sometimes you need scientific, financial, or graphing calculators, but sometimes you just need something basic. This foots the bill just fine for a dollar. It's easy to use and doesn't do much, which is often what I need instead of trying to figure out where the darn clear button is hiding.

I saw some reviews that decimated this for not following the order of operations. Honestly, most simple calculators don't. As long as YOU follow them, you'll be fine. If your immediate response is that you are doing something complicated that requires it, then I'm sorry to break this to you... you're going to need to shell out more than a one dollar bill to get it.

It's a simple calculator. And it was for a dollar. No complaints here.

Real Sichuan
Real Sichuan

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Engine, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Real Sichuan (App)
It's a pretty basic Mahjong clone. Not a lot of frills, but at least it uses the original tile art. For a little over a buck, I'd consider it worth the money. A lot of other engines add the frills, but you often pay a premium for it.

Talisman Prologue HD
Talisman Prologue HD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
I must admit, it did keep me entertained for a few hours while I had nothing else to do. You need to put some thought into it, but I do wish the tutorial was better. In the end, I lost interest, but it did grab my attention for a while and I think I got my money out of it.

Clean Master - Free Optimizer
Clean Master - Free Optimizer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my Kindle Fire, June 5, 2014
It's nice to have something to take a look at what is running, how much memory they are using, and shut it down. It works, and I"m glad that this is marked as free, which makes owning this a no-brainer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20