Profile for RogueReviewer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RogueReviewer RSS Feed

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition [Download]
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition [Download]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyrim with guns!, December 7, 2012
This free roam game is literally Skyrim with guns. You go around kicking butt with your AK's. Though the game is sometimes still a little glitchy(at least for me), I believe that it is worth the fifty bucks. The map is huge. Vehicular tasks feel like real driving. Voice acting also is amazing. I haven't played Co-Op or multi-player yet, but I will update once I get to it. There's countless variations of what to do in this game. GET IT!
Edit: Coop is fun. 4 man teams. Sadly there are not many missions. Multiplayer is where this game takes a flop. It tries to go after a COD style gameplay, but it simple wasn't built for that. Its much like Modern Combat on the iPhone. Also, I'd like to add that it is very hard starting out. Your enemy are like level 40's and they have pimped out rifles. You're stuck with a AK without a scope. Takes a while to get used to it.

Coby CXCD109BLU Personal CD Player with Stereo Headphones, Blue
Coby CXCD109BLU Personal CD Player with Stereo Headphones, Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for SAT's. Not much use anyway else., December 2, 2012
I bought this for the listening portion of the SAT's. It is big, bulky, and there is no way to turn it off to save battery. The headphones that come with it is terrible, so if you are really that interested in listening CD's while on the "go", you'll have to use your own headphones. The thing is about six inches long. Can't really fit anywhere but a backpack. The player constantly skips. I would never use this given the option of iPods and phones.

Gerber 22-01769 Shard Keychain Tool
Gerber 22-01769 Shard Keychain Tool
Price: $5.56
95 used & new from $3.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent bottle opener, but not much else., December 2, 2012
I have always loved the idea of a pocket bottle opener/pry bar. I scoured the world for such an item. This sadly was not that item. The uses on this item is primarily the bottle opener. Seven items? I can only find one that actually is useful. The screwdriver is to fit as a pry bar, the pry bar handle is too small, and I can't even find the rest of the uses. It was well built though for such a cheap price. Black finish hasn't worn off yet for the month I carried it on my keys. Well built for something made in China. If you are looking for a good pocket bottle opener, you found it. If you're looking for a keychain pry bar, this is not it.

A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine (Adventure Medical Kits)
A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine (Adventure Medical Kits)
by Eric S. Weiss
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best pocket guides known to man!, September 9, 2012
I have been hiking quite a lot and I have had my fair share of injuries. It's amazing what one's mind can forget once placed under stress. I feel that this book is a easy way to treat that problem. Small enough to fit into a coat pocket, this book goes extensively on what you can do to treat a problem. The worse the problem is, the less detail it goes into because there is much less of what you can do. On the back, there is a quick table of contents to guide you to the place you need. Very well put together and covers numerous subjects such as hypothermia, altitude sickness, fevers, ect. A must for all avid hikers!

Casio Men's G-Shock Military Concept Black Digital Watch #DW6900MS-1CR
Casio Men's G-Shock Military Concept Black Digital Watch #DW6900MS-1CR
Offered by Discount Watch Store
Price: $65.80
35 used & new from $63.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Tad bit too dark. . ., September 9, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love G-Shock and Casio. Loved them my whole life. I got this at a discounted price, so I jumped the gun. The watch looks great when it's bright outside. You can see the display clearly. The numbers might be a tad bit small. I think they should just get rid of the three circles on the top. They virtually do nothing. Maybe just space filler. The light works well, but, I think if this was actually used in the military, would give away your position almost immediately. The light's a bright blue color that stands out very well. When it's dark, you can't see anything. I read the other reviews, and they didn't emphasize this enough. When it's so much as a tad bit dim, you can't see jack. Besides the display problem, I feel that all things are a go. If only Casio worked on the display more. . .

U.S. Air Force Survival Handbook
U.S. Air Force Survival Handbook
by United States Air Force
Price: $12.38
72 used & new from $3.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, though can be found for free, September 9, 2012
I have always been looking for a basic survival guide and this one is the best out there among all the TM's and what not. The only downside is the size. IT'S HUGE! If they made a pocket version of this book, it'd be superb! I can barely fit this into a backpack, much less carry this around with me. Another problem is that it's for free on various websites. All you have to do is download the PDF and you're good. If you don't have the ink to spare to print one, I guess you could buy it. The details are gone over to a great extent, but I feel that this book could be shrunk down a lot. Also a lot of things that are gone over that really have no use.
Pros:
Goes over a TON of things, maybe too many.

Cons:
Size
Free on the internet

Soft Air Taurus PT24/7 Spring Powered Pistol, Black
Soft Air Taurus PT24/7 Spring Powered Pistol, Black
Price: $37.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Resembles a real 24/7, March 29, 2012
This gun is much like the real one. I have the 9mm version and this weapon is a good training pistol. Most of weight in mag. Can't speedload. The slide locks back when empty. Good rubber grip. Shoots .20 bb's the best. Safety button is stiff in the beginning but can be adjusted.

Glock Entrenching Tool with Saw and Pouch
Glock Entrenching Tool with Saw and Pouch
Offered by Action Gear
Price: $51.68
30 used & new from $44.13

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could only EDC this. . ., March 29, 2012
This shovel is made of high quality plastic which id very durable. There's no risk of snapping and the shovel handle itself is telescopic. The shovel head is durable but the black paint is easy to scrape off. If you're looking for a garden utensil, this might be a tab bit short. It's only around two-three feet long. Saw works great though!