Profile for Sylvesterthekat > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sylvesterthekat RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Dowco Dowco Helmet Bag 59001-00
Dowco Dowco Helmet Bag 59001-00
Offered by Powersport Parts
Price: $18.76
8 used & new from $17.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value bag., April 22, 2015
This review is from: Dowco Dowco Helmet Bag 59001-00
Very nice bag, great value and scrunches up small so you can keep it in a small saddle bag.

The Zero Theorem [HD]
The Zero Theorem [HD]
DVD
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Got bored, April 22, 2015
Couldn't get into it at all, stopped watching.

I'll Follow You Down [HD]
I'll Follow You Down [HD]
DVD
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing, but alright., April 22, 2015
It was alright, nothing mind blowing but well done and good cast.

L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Mousse Absolue, 500 Pure Medium Brown
L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Mousse Absolue, 500 Pure Medium Brown
Price: $11.99
14 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Strong ammonia fumes, does not actually work for the purpose intended., April 6, 2015
I've been using L'Oreal Preference colours for a long time but this is the first (and last) time I will use this product. The idea is great, but the execution is very poor. The only saving grace about it, for me, is the tube of conditioner. If you could just buy the conditioner that comes with these hair dyes on its own I'd buy it all the time. As for this item, the first problem with it is the very strong ammonia fumes which made my eyes water. Secondly, it didn't really want to go on my hair at all, the mousse just sort of disappears and is difficult to control. But most importantly, it did not really do anything to my hair at all! I am naturally dark blonde and had used shade 1021 on my roots and a very few grey hairs (about 10 total), thinking that in a few weeks I could do the roots again and thus save money. Well that's a laugh, it barely did anything to the shade of my hair and did not touch the grey hairs at all. I'm thinking now perhaps I could call L'Oreal and ask for a credit to buy one of their other products instead!

Boyhood
Boyhood
DVD ~ Patricia Arquette
Price: $19.99
33 used & new from $8.55

2.0 out of 5 stars An indulgent snoozefest that dragged on and on and on, January 19, 2015
This review is from: Boyhood (DVD)
I struggle to find anything good to say about this movie. Maybe if you're really into the process of movie making and find the idea of filming it over a period of 12 years to be exciting, you'd get your rocks off on it. Sure, it was a bold step to take because who knows if all your actors will still be willing to participate in 12 years, or even be alive! But as a movie watcher who loved Foxcatcher, Grand Budapest Hotel, Lego Movie, Moulin Rouge, Schindler's List and Blade Runner (to give an idea of my eclectic tastes), I was pretty much totally bored by this exercise in indulgence. It might have helped if more than two of the cast were capable actors. As it was, the combination of lack of story and really ANYTHING happening, made this an exercise in endurance for me, the watcher. I found myself constantly checking to see how much of the 2 hours and 45 minutes was remaining, and fast forwarding a few segments because I had better places to be. The best scene in the whole movie, for me, was the contraception discussion and for that, I elevated it from one star to two. I sure hope this does NOT win Best Picture at the Oscars because that would be a big insult to ALL the other contenders.

Soft Coral Gurgle Pot
Soft Coral Gurgle Pot
Offered by Great Household
Price: $42.00
7 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pot but they don't pad it properly and mine was broken on arrival, January 16, 2015
This review is from: Soft Coral Gurgle Pot
I love the pot, it's beautiful. But the one I ordered from Amazon this week arrived broken because basically NO padding was used to protect it! So proceed with caution if you're going to order this item, it may be a big waste of your time.

Mazda Miata 89-04 Premium Fitted Car Cover W Storage
Mazda Miata 89-04 Premium Fitted Car Cover W Storage
Offered by Custom Auto Crews
Price: $50.10
5 used & new from $24.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job I need it to do, no frills, December 8, 2014
It fits the Miata well but it's almost impossible to tell one end from the other. I suppose in the scheme of things that doesn't matter enormously but my car has an aerial at the back and I've cut a small hole in the cover so it can slip over the aerial and I really can't tell until the thing is on the car if it's the right way round or not! So sometimes it's not fully on the car (because I can't be arsed with changing it over!). I might have to do some further home amendments, like write BACK in black marker in the appropriate location. I don't know if it's waterproof but from the feel of the material it probably would only deflect light rain. My main use is to stop the car being covered in condensation in the winter months and it works fine for that.

American Standard 7293.252.002 Heritage Wall-Mount Gooseneck Kitchen Faucet with Porcelain Lever Handles, Chrome
Offered by bodegaexpress
Price: $130.00
27 used & new from $108.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functions well, December 8, 2014
I purchased this to replace a faucet that functioned ok but that I didn't like all that much. The levers on these are much better in a kitchen setting than the twist type handles and it's all very well constructed with nice shiny metal. The faucet head is large and there's ample room to put a large pot underneath it to fill with water and I don't feel that it's likely to twist off the way my other one did after a couple of months, requiring me to re-attach it repeatedly. Not a big deal but an annoyance. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Forever
Forever
Price: $13.00
44 used & new from $7.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 16, 2014
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Rather disappointing. If you've already got all of Queen's stuff, this really isn't worth buying. Hard to believe they couldn't find any more unreleased material that was worth publishing.

IBM 41W0736 IBM 60GB 1.8 SLC SSD IDE ZIF Hard Drive 41W0736 - Brand Like New OEM
2 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, November 16, 2014
Worked as expected, no problems.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7