Profile for Max > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Max RSS Feed (Denmark)

Don't Explain
Don't Explain
Price: $11.99
55 used & new from $4.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Music is Back!, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
My initial thoughts when hearing about this album was: I know Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa both has a great big set of b@lls and a lot of talent - but to handle 10 classics like these, really is a big mouthful. Not only are the originals all killer, but some of the songs have also been covered by many greats before them. So would these two artists really be able to add anything new? The answer is a loud and clear "YES!". Even a song like Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind" which I've heard many others do before sounds unique here. Joe's guitar-playing is out of this world and Beth Hart ... oh my God ... Beth Hart proves herself to be the best singer of our generation - hell - most generations. This is a must have for anyone who likes rock, blues, soul ... actually: Anyone who likes music.

Harry Brown
Harry Brown
DVD ~ Michael Caine
Offered by drum_video_games
Price: $5.79
46 used & new from $1.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Absurd!, September 4, 2010
This review is from: Harry Brown (DVD)
Yes the world is a horrible place and young criminals with guns rule the streets. Now if we all just gave the good ol' law-abiding people some more guns, then maybe we could get rid of the scum. I hate this film as much as I hated the Jodie Foster revenge-thriller "The One", cause it doesn't wanna tell a story about real people, it just wants to entertain and shock! And that just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. The whole thing starts out pretty decent, but quickly turns totally absurd and unbelievable. Don't fool yourself and think this is a "real" movie - go get the horror/terrorfilm "Eden Lake" instead - at least that movie didn't pretend to be something it wasn't. The one star is for Michael Caine - he's always good no matter what they put him in.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2015 5:49 PM PDT

The Lovely Bones
The Lovely Bones
DVD ~ Saoirse Ronan
Price: $5.99
82 used & new from $1.17

2.0 out of 5 stars A missed opportunity, July 3, 2010
This review is from: The Lovely Bones (DVD)
Man! Talk about a giant missed opportunity. I'm not quite sure where this went wrong - but I guess I have to blame the director cause it is he who in the end has the reigns. The book by Alice Seebold was good, not fantastic, but a solid, well written little drama about coping with the loss of a child. The twist being that the murdered child looks on from her in-between heaven above. The strength of the book clearly lies in the strong characters, the human emotion and the genuine interaction betweeen the remaining family members. This is totally skipped in the movie. It is af if Peter Jackson chooses a few dramatic highlights and forgets everything in between. It seems horribly shallow and the poor actors Mark Wahlberg, Susan Sarandon and Rachel Weisz are left with almost "half-roles" - cause people will be wondering why the hell they're doing what they do. Now of course it could be that half the movie ended up on the cutting floor, but then again director Peter Jackson obviously has enough minutes to fill with an absolutely obnoxious cgi-heaven consisting of big pink roses, purple skies and stuff that looks like it would have fit better in a Narnia-movie. Jackson used to be really good at directing "smaller" things - think "Heavenly Creatures" and "The Frighteners". Now I just think he should stick to big productions with thousands of trolls. The two stars i give the movie is for the first 30 minutes of the movie which actually works and for actors Saoirse Ronan and Stanley Tucci.

Where the Wild Things Are
Where the Wild Things Are
DVD ~ Max Records
Price: $4.75
288 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 16, 2010
This review is from: Where the Wild Things Are (DVD)
Just saw this movie and I gotta say - it was one of the most moving experiences I've had watching a movie in a long, long time. The cinematography is absolutely stunning, the music fits perfectly throughout the film, and the kid Max Records gives an Oscar-worthy performance. Can't give this film and its director Spike Jonze enough praise! It's a masterpiece!

The Happening
The Happening
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
Price: $3.74
276 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God!, October 24, 2008
This review is from: The Happening (DVD)
I'll keep this short. This was possibly the worst movie I've seen this year, and I can't believe it's the director behind "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable". If you heard this film sucks, and you're now thinking to yourself: It can't be that bad. Believe me it's worse than you could ever imagine.

Leave the Light on
Leave the Light on
Price: $10.99
54 used & new from $6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!!, November 21, 2003
This review is from: Leave the Light on (Audio CD)
Now I knew Beth Hart was good, I just didn't have any idea she was 'this' good. This is a fantastic cd - maybe the best I've heard all year!
If only we could get Beth Hart cd's placed in all of the Britney cd-covers - we would surprise a whole lot of people and might even let people know how music is supposed to sound.

Heart - Alive in Seattle
Heart - Alive in Seattle
DVD ~ Ann Wilson
Offered by westcoastmedia
Price: $11.18
46 used & new from $4.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock the house?, May 10, 2003
This review is from: Heart - Alive in Seattle (DVD)
Well it ain't no "Rock the house live!". My expectations were very high just before I loaded the disc in my dvd. Maybe a little too high.
Not that there's anything wrong with "Alive in Seattle" - the sound is great, the band is great and the Wilson sisters are superb. But (and there is a "but") I expected a little more rock & roll. In other words... where the hell are songs like: "Fallen from Grace", "Shell shock", "Tall, Dark Handsome Stranger" and "Black on Black". Seems like the band totally forgot the impact a cd like "Brigade" had. I can fully understand that they might be tired of performing "All I wanna do is make love to you" and "Will you be there in the morning" - but there's a little too much of a mid-seventies-flower-child-trip going on here.
Well maybe I'm too critical... after all this dvd is truly soooo much better than most others on the market.
But Ann and Nancy... a little more power next time around please. (By the way, am lookin' forward to the upcoming cd).

Melissa Etheridge - Live...and Alone (Single Disc Edition)
Melissa Etheridge - Live...and Alone (Single Disc Edition)
DVD ~ Melissa Etheridge
17 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!!, December 17, 2002
Living in Denmark, I've never had the chance to see Melissa live. So the release of this dvd, was a personal highpoint for me in 2002. Eagerly awaiting the release and then having to wait for the shipment as well. But Halleluja! It was worth the wait. Melissa's voice is as strong as it's ever been and she is, I think, underrated as a guitarist... let's just say she can stand up to the best of the male guitarists. I've had the chance to show some of my friends the concert, and although they had no clue to who Melissa Etheridge were, they were totally amazed! As one friend put it, "You really know she is speaking the truth, when she sings". This is truly as honest and personal as it gets.
I recommend this as 2002's BEST BUY.